Author Topic: A Sharebear Legacy: Shae Berra - HEIR VOTE  (Read 16393 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: A Sharebear Legacy: Shae Berra
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 01:38:01 AM »
Legacy Stats

Succession Laws
    - Gender:EqualityThe Founder may be of either gender. Both boys and girls are eligible for the title of heir.
    - Bloodline:   Strict Traditional   Only natural born children are eligible to become heirs.
    - Heir:DemocracyChosen by reader vote; Watcher choice, if no votes.
    - Species:TolerantSpecies has no bearing on eligibility as heir.

Point Status: End of Week 6 - Total Points = 34
    - Family:1Only the Founder has reached Young Adult
    - Creative:2Shae and Isaac have memorialized each other
    - Fortune:4$423,568
    - Love:2Isaac's traits; Shae completed Serial Romantic and Soulmate
    - Knowledge:   7   60 maxed skills
    - Athletic:837 completed aspirations
    - Nature:21 completed collection & all mood paintings
    - Food:2Most expensive fridge & stove upgraded; 6 sims at table eating at same time
    - Popularity:437 gold dates, 1 bronze date, 1 gold wedding
    - Deviance:11 Potion of Youth locked away
    - Bonus:1Extreme start - winter

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 01:38:29 AM »
Meet the Sharebears

Shae Berra - Founder, Young Adult
    Traits: Creative, Cheerful, Family-Oriented
    Maxed Skills: Charisma, Cooking, Dancing, Fitness, Handiness, Logic, Painting, Parenting, Photography, Selvadorian Culture, Wellness, Writing
    Completed Aspirations: Bodybuilder, Painter Extraordinaire, Fabulously Wealthy, Mansion Baron, Serial Romantic, Soulmate, The Curator, Leader of the Pack, Friend of the World
    Maxed Careers: Social Media:Public Relations

Isaac Villanueva - Primary Spouse, Young Adult
    Traits: Active, Dance Machine, Squeamish
    Maxed Skills: Charisma, Dancing, Fitness, Handiness, Logic, Painting, Parenting, Rocket Science, Selvadorian Culture
    Completed Aspirations: Bodybuilder, Painter Extraordinaire, Fabulously Wealthy, Mansion Baron, Soulmate, The Curator, Leader of the Pack
    Maxed Careers: Detective, Painting:Master of the Real

Sawyer Bailey - Secondary Spouse, Young Adult
    Traits: Bro, Vegetarian, Loves the Outdoors
    Maxed Skills: Bowling, Cooking, Dancing, Fishing, Fitness, Gardening, Logic, Wellness,  Fitness
    Completed Aspirations: Angling Ace, The Curator
    Maxed Careers: Gardener:Botanist

Tetsu Shimizu - Secondary Spouse, Young Adult
    Traits: Materialistic, Insider, Perfectionist
    Maxed Skills: Dancing, Fitness, Mischief, Painting, Writing
    Completed Aspirations: Painter Extraordinaire, Bestselling Author, Fabulously Wealthy, Mansion Baron, Bodybuilder, Chief of Mischief

Penny Pizzaz - Secondary Spouse, Adult
    Traits: Outgoing, Romantic, Ambitious
    Maxed Skills: Charisma
    Completed Aspirations: n/a

Aavelee Berra - Potential Heir, Teen (Gen 2)
    Traits: Creative, Cheerful
    Maxed Skills: Communication, Imagination, Movement, Thinking, Potty, Creativity, Mental, Motor, Social, Bowling, Piano
    Completed Aspirations: Rambunctious Scamp, Social Butterfly, Whiz Kid, Artistic Prodigy

Brandt Berra - Potential Heir, Teen (Gen 2)
    Traits: Genius, Dance Machine
    Maxed Skills: Communication, Imagination, Movement, Thinking, Potty, Creativity, Mental, Motor, Social, Logic, Bowling, Charisma
    Completed Aspirations: Rambunctious Scamp, Social Butterfly, Whiz Kid, Artistic Prodigy

Carlyle Berra - Potential Heir, Child (Gen 2)
    Traits: Cheerful
    Maxed Skills: Communication, Imagination, Movement, Thinking, Potty, Mental, Motor, Creativity, Social

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 01:38:47 AM »
Introduction

A familiar lot . . . . a familiar land . . . . a familiar sim, face down in the snow.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

MJ:  Hello-o!  Good morning!  Time to wake up!

Sim in the Snow:    What??     Where am I???        WHO am I!?!?!?       WHAT HAPPENED??!!

MJ:  Oh hey there!  Good morning!  Don’t worry, everything’s fine.  Better than fine, actually.  Everything’s Fabulous!  You’re Shae Berra, and as for where you are, well . . . you’re HOME!  This huge lot with this fabulous view - it's all yours!

Shae:  What’s the catch?  And who are you?
MJ:  There is no catch, and I’m MJ, your Watcher.
Shae:  Watcher?  Oh wait, it’s coming back to me now.  I’m a Sharebear . . . but we changed my name.
MJ:  Yes, exactly.  It’s an anagram.  Remember we were having margaritas and thinking of names, and you said you liked anagrams so we came up with a bunch of possibilities. 
Shae (grinning):  I remember laughing so hard at Bash Areer that I nearly fell out of my chair. If I was a guy I would have totally picked that.
MJ: Yep, that’s what closed the gender question.
Shae:  But you didn’t tell me I’d be freezing my rear off in a lot with no house and six tons of snow!

MJ:  Oh, don't worry!  You don’t actually have to sleep here until there’s appropriate accommodations.  Remember, we talked about how you’re going to get started.  Your first aspiration is Leader of the Pack, so you’ll meet people really quickly.  Join a club, have a Good Time, and before you know it, you’ll be Always Welcome in any home. 
Shae:  Wasn’t there something about a Knight in Shining Armor?
MJ:  Yes, you’ll need to buy that – it’s a thing not a he
Shae:  Oh now you tell me.

MJ:  And you need a couple hundred dollars more to afford it.
Shae:  How am I supposed to come up with a couple hundred dollars?
MJ:  Don’t worry!  Go to a club outing.  Use your phone.  Take some pictures.  Sell them on the internet.  You’ll be fine.  And I’ll be dropping in to check on you.
Shea:  Yeah, speaking of dropping . . . you didn’t actually bring me here . . . you literally dropped me here, didn’t you? 

MJ:  Umm . . . . yeah . . . . well . . . just a little.  Sorry about that.
Shae:  A little!?  I was face-down . . .  butt-up . . .  in the snow!  That is not just a little!  Have you ever even done this before?
MJ:  Well . . .  not exactly.  (Speaking quickly) I mean, I’ve been a watcher before, for challenges, but not for a legacy.  I did a dynasty once, but to be completely honest, that was in the third simiverse, not the fourth, so it was all much less emotional.  It was this alien domination thing.  But don’t worry!  I know we can do this!
Shae:  It sounds like I’m going to be doing it and you’re going to be watching it.
MJ:  And guiding . . .  helping . . . I’ve learned a lot from the challenges.  You’ll see.
Shae: Really?  Tell me about these challenges.
MJ:  Well, they’re usually pretty short in duration, and they are pretty specific about what the sims have to do, and so we Watchers have to make the sims do the thing, whatever it is, over and over, and get them to do it faster and better than the sims of the other Watchers.
Shae:  So . . . they’re Watcher competitions . . . not really about us sims.  And they’re short, so you’re pretty much the slave-drivers and we're pretty much the slaves.

MJ:  See, that’s why I signed up for this.  When I joined the Third Simiverse, in the beginning, it was just me and my sims.  And I loved them.  I truly did.  I remember my first family . . . I can still see them in my mind.  Her name was Diana and his name was Adam.  She was a chef and he was a spy.  Their son grew up to be a great astronaut and their daughter played the most beautiful music.  I watched over them and their kids and their grandkids and their great-grandkids.  And I loved them so much.  I couldn’t even let them die.  I moved them out so the family could continue, but they didn’t age after they moved out, and they always came to visit.  And then I found the challenges and I started playing them too.  And through it all, I really loved all my sims. 

But then I moved to the Fourth Simiverse, and there was so much new to learn, and I started playing challenges right off the bat.  But this isn’t actually my day job, and I was also raising my family so I didn’t have a lot of time.  Pretty much all my sim-time was spent playing challenges.  I played a lot of them.  All the Watchers in the challenges share tips and strategies, because it’s really a big friendly competition, so I’ve learned quite a lot.  Then one night I came across a sim-story written by a great Watcher.  I've read some of her stories before, a long time ago.  So I started reading this one; it was such a lovely story.  She kept talking about Sharebears in her story, so I did some research, and I learned that there are several Watchers in several different dimensions watching over and guiding Sharebear legacies.  I read all their stories.  Their Sharebears are amazing, and the Watchers really love them and they tell their stories to other Watchers.  The Watchers love ALL the Sharebears, not just their own.  I realized how much I’ve lost by focusing only on challenges.  And I knew this was the next thing for me . . . watching over an amazing family of Sharebears and really loving them through generation after generation, racking up points together.

Shae:  Uh-huh.  So it’s about the points?
MJ:  No, no, of course not.  I mean, there are points, and we do want to get some.  But we don’t have to get them all.  We just need to get most of them . . . or . . . . some of them.  But most important is that we have fun.
Shae:  Right.  Ok, I’m still in, but just know that while you’re watching me, I’ll be watching you. 
MJ:  No problem!  Don't worry!  Now I’m going to give you some time to get settled in.  You don’t need to think about points or anything like that right now.  Just meet some people and have some Good Times.  Earn a little money and get your Knight.  Oh, and keep your eyes peeled for a suitable partner. 
Shae:  A suitable partner?  Oh that’s romantic.  Hey, what is that?

MJ: What?

Shae:  Oh!!  It’s what I think of your “suitable partner” concept.

Shae:  I will NOT be marrying a “suitable partner” – I’ll be marrying the man of my dreams, thank you very much.
MJ:  That’s perfect!  After all, you’ll be wanting to make adorable little nooboo heirs, and there’s always the secondary spouse – lots of room in the house for sims to help with goals!
Shae:  It’s not about the goals!
MJ:  Now wait a minute Shae, when we agreed to do this together, we agreed that we would focus on fun, family, AND goals.  We’re a team, and we need to be on the same page.
Shae:  Okay, okay.  I want to have fun and I want to raise a family.  But I do also want to meet some goals and get some points.  And I also do realize that you might know more about this than me, so I will listen to you.  I might not do everything you want, but I will listen.  But as for the spouse-choosing - that is all me.  You can give your opinion, and I even want you to, but I make the final choice.
MJ:  Fair enough.  Hey, what’s that?

Shae:  Forget it.

MJ:  You're going to be amazing!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 09:39:20 AM »
Wow, I came home to a new Sharebear. Welcome to the family Shae Berra. What a lovely intro GlazeyLady. I can't wait for more.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 10:54:05 AM »
Yay, new girl! Welcome to the madness, Shae. Good luck! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 12:44:09 PM »
Yay, more Sharebears to love!  Welcome Shae and watcher MJ!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 08:23:14 PM »
Welcome to the Sharebear metaverse! ;D
Yay! You're are the first to do the post-Seasons extreme start from the winter season!
I very much enjoyed your introduction! It's been so delightful seeing how different simmers play their legacies under slightly similar conditions.

Warmest wishes to you both, Shae Berra and MJ.
(I was initially a bit excited that a certain Michael J might appear as the watcher, lol...)
May you thoroughly enjoy your first Sims4 legacy challenge!

P.S. I've added your intro's 6th image of Shae Berra to the Rules: The Sharebear Legacy thread.
If you prefer a different image, would you pls PM me its link? Thanks!

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 02:43:06 AM »
Oh, another sharebear!

Really impatient to see where you'll lead Shae after that rough and a bit cold start.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 01:58:05 PM »
Wow, I came home to a new Sharebear. Welcome to the family Shae Berra. What a lovely intro GlazeyLady. I can't wait for more.
Thank you!  I'm excited to be doing this.  It was your story that started it for me, so thank you for the inspiration!

Yay, new girl! Welcome to the madness, Shae. Good luck! Can't wait to see what happens next.
Yay, more Sharebears to love!  Welcome Shae and watcher MJ!
Oh, another sharebear!
Really impatient to see where you'll lead Shae after that rough and a bit cold start.
Thank you all!  I had to exert some discipline on myself and catch up the story before I played too far ahead, so I have another update coming up today.

Welcome to the Sharebear metaverse! ;D
Yay! You're are the first to do the post-Seasons extreme start from the winter season!
I very much enjoyed your introduction! It's been so delightful seeing how different simmers play their legacies under slightly similar conditions.

Warmest wishes to you both, Shae Berra and MJ.
(I was initially a bit excited that a certain Michael J might appear as the watcher, lol...)
May you thoroughly enjoy your first Sims4 legacy challenge!

P.S. I've added your intro's 6th image of Shae Berra to the Rules: The Sharebear Legacy thread.
If you prefer a different image, would you pls PM me its link? Thanks!
Thank you!  I'm loving seasons - I thought starting in Winter would be difficult, but it really wasn't.  The scenes are beautiful, and, of course, it's always hot in Selvadorado! 

What I like best about the challenges is that we all do them at the same time and then share our ideas, strategies, and difficulties.  I love that you, @FrancescaFiori, and @PeregrineTook have applied a similar concept to a legacy.  It's so much fun reading everyone's stories.

I think you picked the best picture so far, but I'm sure I have some better ones coming up, so maybe we can replace it after the next update.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 02:15:01 PM »
Generation 1.  Shae Berra

1.01 Let the Good Timers Roll

Shae:  You know, Bjorn, I’m cheerful and creative, and you’re a gloomy slob.  Don’t you think it makes more sense for me to lead The Good Timers?

Bjorn:  Gee, Shae, yeah, I guess so.  You do seem happier than me, and you’re certainly nicer to look at, so, yeah, you should probably be in charge.

Shae:  This Rally the Troops is really going to come in handy.  It’s good of you to show me, Bjorn!

Jacques:  Shae, come over here and help me rack up some club points!
Shae:  Points?  Okay, yeah, why not?  How hard can it be?               

Jacques:  Hahaha!  ‘Bout that hard I reckon!
Bjorn:  How about some foosball Shae?  I’ll try not to beat you too bad.

Moira:  So, Shae, what kind of work do you do?
Shae:  Oh, I don’t have a job yet.  I’ll get one, but for now I’m living off the profits of my photographs.  I sell them on the internet. 
Moira:  Really?  Can you make a living that way? 
Shae:  Well I’m just starting out, but business has been great so far.  LovesTheOutdoors42 purchased my landscapes, and SmoothBlackmailer bought all the pics I had with people in them!

Mila:  I heard you bought Hound’s Head over in Brindleton Bay.  That’s a pretty big place for one person.  You planning on settling down there for the long haul?
Shae:  Oh yes.  I have big plans and a lot to do.  As of today, Hound’s Head is officially renamed the Shae Berra Legacy Chateau.
Mila:  Shae Berra Legacy . . . ohhhhhh, you’re a Sharebear!  I knew you looked familiar!  So you’re starting a new legacy.  No wonder you came in and took over The Good Timers so fast.  Are you going to rename that too? 
Shae:  Maybe in time.  I’m going to expand our activities, that’s for sure!  For now I’m adding winter activities, so let’s head over to my place and have some good cold fun.  It’s getting a little too close for comfort in here anyway!

Shae:  We can rack up some more club points playing in the snow.
Back at Hound’s Head Shae Berra Legacy Chateau
Jacques:  Great lot Shae!  Snowball fight!

Shae:  Not really what I had in mind, you feisty old coot.  I was thinking snow angels.

Shae:  But if you insist!

Shae:  This has been fun, but I’m freezing!  I bought that darned Knight.  Now I’m taking the rest of my picture profits and heading somewhere warm!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 02:41:43 PM »
Generation 1.  Shae Berra

1.02  Bungle in the Jungle

Shae (to herself):  Wow, I might have bitten off a little too much here.  I must be crazy to head in there at night.

MJ:  Nah!  You can do it.  I have faith in you.
Shae:  Watcher!  You’re here!  (Looking around)  You’re . . . . where . . . . exactly?
MJ:  I’m not really there.  Not physically.  I’m just in your head.
Shae:  In my head?!?
MJ:  Don’t worry.  It’s perfectly safe and you aren’t going crazy.  It’s an inter-dimensional thing.  Watchers are telepathically connected to their sims.  So I can talk to you and you can hear me, even though I’m not really there.
Shae:  So do you hear and see every single thing I do?
MJ:  Well, I could, but I don’t.  I do with my challenge sims, but I’m giving you more freedom.  I’ll always let you know when I’m here, so you don’t have to worry that I’m spying on you.  But that also means you’ll have to call me if you need me, because I won’t be watching you every minute. Now you need to get busy on those briars.  It’s only getting darker.
Shae:  Ok, here goes nothing.

Shae:  ACK!!  I’m not squeamish but this is one huge spider!  Take that, Bug!  Hmmmmph . . . . Guess I showed him!

Shae:  The scenery here is amazing!  These new photos will bring a pretty penny on the internet!

Shae:  I am so glad no one’s around to see, or smell, me now!  What a stench!

Shae:  Okay maybe it was worth it in exchange for discovering this little Wonderful in a Bottle!

Shae:  This would be so much easier if I had a tool belt.
MJ:  No, this would be so much easier if you had someone in a tool belt.

Shae:  Yeah, I’m working on that.
MJ:  Really?  You’ve met someone?
Shae:  Actually, I’ve met several someones.  I just haven’t decided yet where I want to spend my time.
MJ:  Oh . . . . ummmm . . . . you want any help with that?
Shae:  Not yet.  I’ll let you know.
MJ:  Darn!
Shae:  Hmmm . . . the answer to this trap has to be here!

Shae:  Yeah, that wasn’t it!  I am so outa’ here!

Later, back at the villa.
Shae:  Oh, Father Winter!  You caught me napping.  Oh wow!  A $4000 All-in-one-PC!  Thank you!

Shae:  And I have a little something for you!
Father Winter:  Oh thank you Shae!  You know, with all this gift-gifting I do, hardly anyone ever gives me anything back.  Some cookies maybe . . . I get way more of those than I need!  Now what’s in here?  Oh . . .  oh my . . . . bone dust . . . . well, um, it’s the thought that counts, right? 

Father Winter: You don’t happen to have any cookies in the kitchen do you?

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 04:57:46 PM »
Shae is doing great!  I love the contrast between the snow at home and the warmth of the jungle.  And Father Winter was quite generous!  A $4000 gift is a nice boost for a founding sim. 

Can't wait to see what kind of hunk in a tool belt Shae brings home.  ;)

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 05:24:15 PM »
Great start Shae.
Taking over the club, selling pics and now the ritual visit to the jungle.

Oh, father winter visit in vacation. And he is quite generous.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 11:33:59 PM »
Wow, that's some generous Winterfest Spirit, there! Hopefully, the jungle adventuring will help her get into a proper legacyboxtm with real walls and everything. (Also, I love that shot of the... I don't quite think it's got any particularly clear markers re:crocodile vs alligator, but maybe simiverse is different.)
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

anything