Author Topic: The Nectar Invitational (Complete!)  (Read 9071 times)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: The Nectar Invitational
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 11:09:24 PM »
Very nicely done! I don't know if I could stand all the gardening plus nectar making. It was hard enough to get my fairy her perfect garden! As for my gardening, I've been retired for two years now and my daughter, my best friend from high school and I all made fairy gardens this year! I guess it's a standard retirement pastime!

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 06:22:02 PM »
@Deklitch it sounds suspiciously like maybe you do know something about immortality.  ???  ;)
@KRae Ha! Be careful, or you'll end up with a slip-n-slide too!
@Sonshine Oh my gosh, that sounds lovely. Congrats on retirement!
@deedee_828 It's a hassle at times  ::) That's part of why this update has taken so long to get out! It just gets really, really repetitive. It's good to know that real gardening is much more enjoyable!

Sorry about how long this has taken! I've only got about two more weeks to go in-game. (It's just so repetitive...I'm getting bored  :'( :-[

Let's start with the values!

Value as of Week Ten, Day Two, 12:04 AM: $2,555,534. 2,623 bottles. (I managed to zone out for a whole DAY. I try to get the times at midnight on Sunday!)

Value as of Week Eleven, Day One, 12:04 AM: $3,331,082. 2,967 bottles.

Value as of Week Twelve, Day One, 12:09 AM: $4,366,940. 3,367 bottles.

Phew!

In Interesting News, Jack and Brandy both aged up.

I'm a little worried; the rules don't say anything about what to do if they die. At the very least they both have death flowers?

Now; here's something I didn't know about the game. Apparently, Nectar Makers can break, and set everything on fire.

I was gobsmacked, folks.

I think Brandy failed while trying to fix it, and that's what caused the blaza? I don't know. One second, everything was fine, and the next, everything was smoking like crazy.

We at least managed to get it out in time! And the nectar in the machine was fine  :o

I leave you all with a photo of the nectar basement:

(Fifteen rows of sixteen! Phew!)

The next update will hopefully be the end of the challenge! Thanks for sticking with me, everyone!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 03:28:06 PM »
Jack and Brandy are cute elders!
I had no idea the Nectar Makers could break! At least everything was alright afterwards (except the Nectar Maker of course)?

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 10:55:43 AM »
Yo @Trident is this story finished?

I was entertained. Nectar making is one of my favorite skills and I was sad to have missed the boat on the challenge.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2019, 02:06:08 PM »
@Trip I still have a few days to go :////// I got a promotion at work recently, so I've been busy with that, lol. You'll know when it's finished ;)

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2019, 02:47:18 PM »
@Trip I still have a few days to go :////// I got a promotion at work recently, so I've been busy with that, lol. You'll know when it's finished ;)

No prob, just doing board cleanup kind of stuff here. ;)

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2019, 07:13:54 PM »
This is great, Trident!  I've found that everything in the sims can catch fire!  Can't wait for the grand total, when you get time for it, of course.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trident

• Occult
Re: The Nectar Invitational (COMPLETED)
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2019, 07:09:50 PM »
PHEW! Hello everyone, thank you for your patience!

@mpart They're adorable! And oh my gosh. Why is everything  flammable in Sims world. (Maybe that's why they need Watchers....)

@Trip It's done now! Ayyyyy

@Tiamet Thank you so much! Here it is : D

Grande Finale

If you want to know how the last few weeks wnet, just image these two screenshots on repeat for about twenty six hours.

Value as of Week Thirteen, Day One, 12:54 AM: $ 5,540,178. 3,777 bottles.

Value as of Week Fourteen, Day One, 12:13 AM: $6,874,164. 4,227 bottles.

Value as of Week Fifteen, Day One, 12:01 AM: $8,375, 488. 4,707 bottled

The challenge ends on Week Fifteen, Day Two, 12:00 am. I finally buckled down this past week, and powered my way through. (I had The Great British Bake-Off on in the background, lol. It kept me going.) For the last few weeks, I just kept trucking; harvest the fruits, use them in nectar, make whatever you can once you run out of that day's life fruit.

Suddenly, we were at Week Fifteen, Day One, 12:01 AM, and we only had twenty-three hours, and fifty-nine minutes. It was crunch time.

I woke them up at 3 am, googled nectar recipes, looked at what we had left in the "perfect fruits" chest, and went crazy. I made whatever I could, until 5 am finally hit, and the life fruits bloomed.

What I normally do is, I check in while Person A is harvesting, and see if there's any dead plants. If there are, I set aside one life fruit for each dead plant, so I can keep a rotation growth cycle. This time, I didn't even bother. Every harvested fruit was thrown right into a batch of The Good Stuff, that sweet, perfect nectar, made of nine life fruit, and one pomegranate. (I ended the challenge with roughly 160 pomegranates stashed away in a chest...)

We worked, and worked, and worked, and finally ended the challenge with the grand total of $8,600,938. 4,777 bottles.

Here's the lot at the moment of triumph. Goodness freaking gracious, guys. We hit 8 million. Looking at the leader-boards from so very, very long ago, I would have managed second place for myself, and I am very pleased with that.

(Here's the giant nectar cellar, btw. Just in case you wanted to see what 4,777 bottles of nectar looked like.)

Jack and Brandy deserved a reward. I was more than happy to provide them one.

They broke out their oldest bottle of The Good Stuff, and discussed what to do with the fruits of their labor.

They were sick of nectar, that was for sure. Gone was their goal of getting back their bar in Bridgeport. They wanted something different. Something new. Somewhere with adventure.

They've settled on Isla Paradiso. For now  ;)

Final Thoughts

First of all, thank you to everyone who read and commented! It really helped  ;D Apologies for taking so long, but at least it's done! Yaaaay.

If anyone wants to try this, I believe you would first have to ask Metro? But. If you're interested in this challenge, be ready to turn something on in the background. The first part is a lot of fun, the madcap rush to get your skills and LTHP up, but around week six, it settles into a routine that does not change until the end of the challenge. I did enjoy myself, so I can't recommend against it, but think carefully first. (Maybe that's just me, of course. Only my opinion!)

Thanks for reading!

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Nectar Invitational (Complete!)
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2019, 07:44:37 PM »
You don't have to ask anyone to do an old challenge. It's a free for all once the tournament event is over. ;)

What was your most valuable nectar bottle in the end? Or is going through 4,777 perhaps not the easy task it sounds like?

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2019, 07:53:35 PM »
@Trip Honestly, I sold the whole lot without thinking to check. Maybe I could have gotten a number count, (how much life fruit was used, how many grapes were grown, what the most expensive bottle was,) but with nearly five thousand to sort through....I was just happy to have it done. I believe the bottle the Barstools drank from at the end was about 5k? I think that was their oldest bottle of life fruit/pomegranate, so that should be it.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2019, 09:12:04 PM »
Congratulations on finishing! That's a large amount of money!  :o
I can completely understand why Jack and Brandy didn't want to buy their bar back in Bridgeport. They had already spent a lifetime making nectar.
Thank you for the notes at the bottom! I was looking into this challenge and I wasn't sure if it would fit my playing style. I'm not exactly the most patient when it comes to challenges, so knowing that it stays on a set routine is helpful.  ;D