Author Topic: Sim - Max Skills (the perfect butler)  (Read 122010 times)

Leto85

Re: Sim - Max Skills (the perfect butler)
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2012, 03:59:18 PM »
It is child's play with all the cheats, hahaha! Those same cheats are probably the cause of the "bug" that sends your Max "floorporting". The limitations of building are sometimes good. Retains functionality. I had the same problem twice before, and it wat exclusively my own fault.

It was a joke when I've said it took me one day. It took me much, much longer as I decided not to cheat my way to the max. Max Skills is developed pure natural. No cheats, no money cheats and a lot of patience.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »
Well, in that case... Well done! It had to be quite a ride. Not something I'll tackle soon.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline slpc04

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #227 on: November 04, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
Hi Leto, Just a question on max....how did you level max in martial arts, if you don't mind me asking? I noticed he always won in the tournament in his skill journal and never lost... Is that possible? My sim is level 10 in martial arts, super maxed except doing the grand master tournament, level 10 in athletics and supermaxed, his traits are with disciplined, yet he loses to the lower ranks in china.. I don't understand how he could lose....

Is there a hidden skill level on martial arts? I read somewhere on the forum that the game don't see your level in martial arts...

Sorry for so many questions.... Thank you for your time.

Leto85

« Reply #228 on: November 04, 2012, 05:57:05 PM »
Hi Leto, Just a question on max....how did you level max in martial arts, if you don't mind me asking? I noticed he always won in the tournament in his skill journal and never lost... Is that possible? My sim is level 10 in martial arts, super maxed except doing the grand master tournament, level 10 in athletics and supermaxed, his traits are with disciplined, yet he loses to the lower ranks in china.. I don't understand how he could lose....

Is there a hidden skill level on martial arts? I read somewhere on the forum that the game don't see your level in martial arts...

Sorry for so many questions.... Thank you for your time.

To answer your questions is what I'm here for, aside from that I like to answer them so don't mind asking. :)

It is been a while since I have build this sim so I might have forgotten a thing or two about the exact 'how' I did it but what I do remember is that I also have given Max the Lucky trait at the moment I wanted this skill supermaxed. That, and throw old school quit-without-saving trick if the result you get doesn't appeal to you. :P
I memory saves me right I have given Max at that time obviously the Disciplined trait, as I should, the Lucky trait and the Athletic trait. That last one I wasn't sure about if he should get it so i thought why not and just have given it to him as for the hack of it. In real life someone trained in martial art can take down a body builder in no-time but since that isn't the case in this game I already had three trait slots free as there where only two really important for this skill. So when you train your sim, I would advice you to do the same.
Aside from what is important to give him it is also very important on what to avoid: Couch Potato. No really, it only doesn't sound obvious to avoid, it also is. I have tested it.
So... Disciplined and Lucky is what you should go with. And throw in Athletic, just to be sure. Oh, and max that related skill too now you're already in the mood  for it as it might be thstbalso the skill has an influence on it. Condition, you know. Since it doesn't matter how strong you are in your muscles (for as far as my knowledge about real Martial Art goes), having condition is a total other aspect of the game.
And that's it actually.

Oh no, one more thing just in case you didn't know it already: the effect of tgecstory Lucky trait , which is having a higher change in getting lucky and winning games is that it only kicks in after a good night sleep. Than it will stay active for the rest of the day I thought.
And you might want to get the meditation challenge co.Pete first, alongside with the one that has a positive influence on the amount of change of actual winning.
Meditate 4 hours before every challenge and battle as the moodlet you can get from meditating which will last for the next 4 hours might have an influence as well. The description of the moodlet does say something about 'getting things more or better done' while being under the influence

If you don't mind about his other traits than I would suggest you to go with Daredevil and Mean Spirited. I don't know about Daredevil aside from that my personal thought would be that if you dare more you are simply more likely to win. And Mean Spirited has the description that the sim who has it has a higher change of winning fights and I don't know if a martial.art battle will be counted as, aside from that it will work perfectly for bar brawl and friendly beat ups on the street.

So... to sum this up: Disciplined, Lucky, Athletic, Mean Spirited and Daredevil. Supermaxed in Athletic and having the two other Challenges of the Martial Art skill already competed. Sleep well to get the Lucky trait's effect having rolled in, meditate before the fight (which is something you might want to start with directly after the call to get the next challenge person come over) and save before the fight. If he loose, quit without saving and reload. If he wins, save before either quoting or continue playing.

Good luck! And I hope I have informed you enough. :)

Offline slpc04

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #229 on: November 04, 2012, 06:40:27 PM »
Woot!!!!!! Thank YOU! You have given me lots of tips... And yes I will include all your given traits! I must say its is very unfair the game don't think my sim is qualified to win ALL the fights, he trained a lot.....a lot......... but for the sake of winning, I will do as you suggested, Thank you very much Leto!

Leto85

« Reply #230 on: November 05, 2012, 05:24:55 AM »
Woot!!!!!! Thank YOU! You have given me lots of tips... And yes I will include all your given traits! I must say its is very unfair the game don't think my sim is qualified to win ALL the fights, he trained a lot.....a lot......... but for the sake of winning, I will do as you suggested, Thank you very much Leto!

My pleasure.
And I also think that even if you follow every tip given above you still might have a change of losing, for that the game might calculator some kind of change parameter in it from which I think some other members here might be able to assist you more in that matter than I can. And that's where the quit-without-saving is for.
Speaking of these other members, I will ask if Seabody might find the time to take a look here. He is known for his knowledge about looking into the game code.

Offline slpc04

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #231 on: November 08, 2012, 03:06:29 AM »
Hi Leto, I managed to win lots of fights but yet I also managed to lose which is unfair, its almost like the game purposely wants my sim to lose to lowbies in China. So I quit without save... a couple of times.....Wahh!...I think this will be the last time I supermax Martial Arts... Quit w/out save at least five or six times...

I gave my sim Discipline, Mean Spirit (LOL)(He was mean to ALL the china townies, lol), Athletic and Lucky and stilll LOST few times, grrrrr!

Anyway, thank you Leto for your help!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #232 on: November 08, 2012, 05:12:37 AM »
Hi Leto, I managed to win lots of fights but yet I also managed to lose which is unfair, its almost like the game purposely wants my sim to lose to lowbies in China. So I quit without save... a couple of times.....Wahh!...I think this will be the last time I supermax Martial Arts... Quit w/out save at least five or six times...

I gave my sim Discipline, Mean Spirit (LOL)(He was mean to ALL the china townies, lol), Athletic and Lucky and stilll LOST few times, grrrrr!

Anyway, thank you Leto for your help!

Hehe, yeah I know it can take a while. Especially when you want it all to be perfect.
Try to keep your sim in the best mood possible. That is all I can add to this. Now I'm saying this I think to remember that I made sure that Max has his needs mated before I let him battle, sometimes maybe two times in a row. But always with a save in between them. Max hunger and max energy bar in the total green seems to be very important. So nothing can distract him.
But good luck! I got the feeling you are pretty much disciplined yourself. :P

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #233 on: November 09, 2012, 01:23:46 AM »
Speaking of these other members, I will ask if Seabody might find the time to take a look here. He is known for his knowledge about looking into the game code.

I did find some information, but it's all weighted probabilities, and some other ones I'm not sure about. I'll paste the raw code in here in a moment.

Edit:

Code: [Select]
    <kIncreasedScoreForSparMaster value="25">
      <!--If the sim is a Spar Master, increment score to win a sparing round by this amount. This value stacks. Positive float. Initial GPE Default: 5f-->
    </kIncreasedScoreForSparMaster>
    <kMartialArtsSkillLevelMultiplier value="10">
      <!--Scaling Martial arts skill level to increase chances of winning a sparring round. Positive float. Initial GPE Default: 3f-->
    </kMartialArtsSkillLevelMultiplier>
    <kAthleticSkillLevelMultipler value="5">
      <!--Scaling Athletic skill level to increase chances of winning a sparring round. Positive float. Initial GPE Default: 1.5f-->
    </kAthleticSkillLevelMultipler>
    <kIncreasedScoreDueToBuffOrTrait value="6">
      <!--Increment score to win a sparing round by this amount for each designed buff and trait. This value stacks per buff or trait. Positive float. Initial GPE Default: 2.5f-->
    </kIncreasedScoreDueToBuffOrTrait>
    <kMeditativeFocusCareerPerformanceModifier value="3">
      <!--If the sim has Meditative Focus moodlet, any increase in performance is modified (incremented) by this tunable. Positive float. Initial GPE default: 5f.-->
    </kMeditativeFocusCareerPerformanceModifier>

I was unable to find the buffs/traits mentioned.

Offline slpc04

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #234 on: November 12, 2012, 06:55:48 PM »
Thanks Seabody for looking into this. Well, since you don't see any mentioned buffs or traits, I guess we'll have to go with the "quit w/out saving" trick! lol! One thing though, I noticed most of the china townies have brave in their traits as well as athletic and lucky. Maybe its some hidden thing in martial arts. For sure, I don't think Ill supermax martial arts again after this trial. One sim and thats enough for me LOL. I must say Leto, Im very very impressed with what you did with Max. Im trying to level my own special sim to be like Max, but I take my hat off to you! You must be the most patient person on this earth!

Cheers! And happy simming...

Leto85

« Reply #235 on: November 12, 2012, 09:06:34 PM »
Thanks Seabody for looking into this. Well, since you don't see any mentioned buffs or traits, I guess we'll have to go with the "quit w/out saving" trick! lol! One thing though, I noticed most of the china townies have brave in their traits as well as athletic and lucky. Maybe its some hidden thing in martial arts. For sure, I don't think Ill supermax martial arts again after this trial. One sim and thats enough for me LOL. I must say Leto, Im very very impressed with what you did with Max. Im trying to level my own special sim to be like Max, but I take my hat off to you! You must be the most patient person on this earth!

Cheers! And happy simming...

Thank you!
And I actually wouldn't be surprised if Brave has a positive influence on the outcome of spar tournaments as well. You could give it a try if you like.

Offline NeonAngel

• Nooboo
« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2012, 03:18:56 PM »
Is it safe to download sims that have been played already? I would love to download this guy but I remember the grief the sims 2 gave when installing sims

by the way, I love the name, Max Skills, very clever.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
It's perfectly safe, don't worry. :)

Leto85

« Reply #238 on: December 31, 2012, 03:19:20 AM »
Yes, don't worry about it NeonAngel. If it wasn't save, I wouldn't have uploaded this one in the first place.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #239 on: December 31, 2012, 03:40:51 AM »
I uploaded him for the first time yesterday and added him to my household.  The first wish he rolled was to 'Get married', followed by 'Write a Romance Book', 'Garden' and 'Make a Ghost Potion'.  What did you do to the poor guy?  Anyway a big thanks for the §17,000+ in book royalties.  That came in mighty handy.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler