Author Topic: Sim - Max Skills (the perfect butler)  (Read 122016 times)

Offline Lenka

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sim - Max Skills (the perfect butler)
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2011, 12:44:08 PM »
Which expansions do you have? It could be it don't work if you are missing some. That's what I've read from others.

I have only vanilla game and it seems to work fine. So missing some EP isn't really a problem ;)
I can see even his celebrity diary  ??? and that he is a 5 star celebrity (I DON'T have LN... I think it's the LN patch who makes it possible... but it's completely absurd  ;D)

I can load him, the only weird thing is that his gardening skill page is white.

Tell me please if you find any mistake in my post. English is not my mother language. It's "only" the third one in frequency of utilisation. I'm "half-French".

Offline Lenka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2011, 12:46:13 PM »
I cannot find it in the Sims Launcher, the library, or anywhere else! Can you help please?

By the way, outstanding job on your Sim. It must have taken a long time to design such an amazing servant.

Did you install it properly into your game? You need to double-click the file to open it and then install it as every single item bought from the Store.

Tell me please if you find any mistake in my post. English is not my mother language. It's "only" the third one in frequency of utilisation. I'm "half-French".

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lenka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2011, 12:51:43 PM »
Ah my bad. Think i just saw it somewhere in that subject like "former known as" before marrying.

Née means exactly "born/ born as" but it's used as "former known as" too ;)
Example: Jane Doe née Dupond - Jane married Joe Doe, her maiden name is Dupond (so she was born Jane Dupond)

Chigatana

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »
Which expansions do you have? It could be it don't work if you are missing some. That's what I've read from others.

I have The Sims 3, WA, Ambitions, LN, and Outdoor Stuff.

biancasimone

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2011, 02:16:04 AM »
Leto, you will laugh at me for this :) I got a car the other day and it has like EVERYTHING ever and it is a great inside-and-out car.  I decided a couple of hours to name my car Max after your perfect butler. LOL! ;D

Leto85

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2011, 02:59:15 AM »
@biancasimone: Inside AND outside? Haha, I didn't know sims could use their cars inside. :P

@Lenka: It is pretty weird that you can see his celebrity diary as that is indeed a Late Night feature. But you're probably right about the patch. I see no other way of how this could be possible.

@Random persons: how is Max Skill's body? How does that look like? I mean: I remember now I have made him very muscular (too suite most girls wishes here :P) but the muscle definition is a Late Night feature so I was thinking that could be the problem for people who don't have Late Night. After Lenka's post about the celebrity diary without the need of Late Night I am doubting this even more.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2011, 11:56:54 AM »
@Random persons: how is Max Skill's body? How does that look like? I mean: I remember now I have made him very muscular (too suite most girls wishes here :P) but the muscle definition is a Late Night feature so I was thinking that could be the problem for people who don't have Late Night. After Lenka's post about the celebrity diary without the need of Late Night I am doubting this even more.

The breast and muscle definition sliders where added with the patch released the same day as Late Night, so if the downloader's game is patched up to that patch, it should cause no problems. I think.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lenka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2011, 12:15:45 PM »
The breast and muscle definition sliders where added with the patch released the same day as Late Night, so if the downloader's game is patched up to that patch, it should cause no problems. I think.

You're right ChronicR, the LN patch added the breast and muscle definition sliders to everyone :)

Leto85

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2011, 03:50:25 AM »
You're right ChronicR, the LN patch added the breast and muscle definition sliders to everyone :)

Ah, I see. So we can scip that for being a download problem for some members. I'm still wondering why some people have problems with downloading though.

Jenny-TS3

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »
Can i download this guy without all expansions, and which folder do I save him in? great work btw :D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2011, 12:48:37 PM »
Can i download this guy without all expansions, and which folder do I save him in? great work btw :D

You can save him anywhere, on your Desktop, My Documents, etc. When you click the downloaded file it should bring up the Launcher and a window which will show the installation process. After it's finished, start the game and he should be in the family bin (Edit Town). Move him into one of the houses and start playing! :)
Don't know if this works without expansions, but be sure to be patched up, at least.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Lenka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2011, 02:02:54 PM »
Jenny it works with no expansions, I have vanilla game only :)
There are just some minor bugs (I don't have time to test him in a real game actually) like the gardening skill page which is completely white and you can see his celebrity diary (without LN...)

Leto85

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2011, 03:09:53 PM »
Jenny it works with no expansions, I have vanilla game only :)
There are just some minor bugs (I don't have time to test him in a real game actually) like the gardening skill page which is completely white and you can see his celebrity diary (without LN...)

When you find the time to test things (and if you want of course :)), I hope it will still be able for you to let Max learn the gardening skill again.

Offline Lenka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2011, 08:07:14 AM »
When you find the time to test things (and if you want of course :)), I hope it will still be able for you to let Max learn the gardening skill again.
I will have some free time next week, I'm going to take a look ;)
The gardening skill is mastered, it's just the skill page which is completely white (I suppose there is a conflict between the vanilla game and all new plants from EP's but I'm not sure because the fishing skill page is OK...)

Leto85

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2011, 10:05:56 AM »
I will have some free time next week, I'm going to take a look ;)
The gardening skill is mastered, it's just the skill page which is completely white (I suppose there is a conflict between the vanilla game and all new plants from EP's but I'm not sure because the fishing skill page is OK...)

Yes, it's indeed weird. All the things you've said about this sim doesn't make any sence. Everytime you say 'it could be this' I thought about that before because it sounds logical, but than you come with an subject that totally doesn't fit our theory. Still I'm glad you note this kind of things. I have no idea how to fix this (if I can) but I may can in the future.

anything