Author Topic: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist  (Read 33803 times)

Offline Phyre

• Occult
The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist

Digital Diary

of an Environmentalist
                          ^
                    domestic

And I'm sure it will suck!

Property of:
                                                                                                        Caitlin Vasquez

Chapter Guide

Prologue: Diary of an Environmentalist
Chapter 1: Meeting Environment
Chapter 2: Environment Meeting
Chapter 3: Proverbs Run in Pairs
             Paragraph 1: A New Me
             Paragraph 2: Mambo Number 5
             Paragraph 3: Life Of The Widowed
             Paragraph 4: The Three Little Pigs
             Paragraph 5: Hi! My Name Is Lois Lane
             Paragraph 6: My Dream Home
             Paragraph 7: A New Residence
             Paragraph 8: Wild Pond
             Paragraph 9: Proverbs Run In Pairs
Chapter 4: Radical Changes
Chapter 5: Cinderella
Chapter 6: The Boring Life of Caitlin Vasquez, Chapter 1
             PS: You're Invited!
Chapter 7: About Birthdays, Cameras, and Guys
             Paragraph 1: Happy Birthday To Me
             Paragraph 2: Surprise! Surprise!
             Paragraph 3: When I'm Sixty-Four
             Paragraph 4: Time to Par-Tay!
             Paragraph 5: Some Battery Remaining
             Paragraph 6: At The Ball
Chapter 8: After Effects
Chapter 9: Is This It?
             Paragraph 1: Love Looks At Us And Sighs...
             Paragraph 2: ... That's All A Pack Of Lies!

Offline Phyre

• Occult
Re: Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:47:47 PM »
Prologue: Digital Diary of an Environmentalist

Entry 1
    They kicked me out.

For real.

They kicked me out!

Oh wait. You're supposed to begin a diary with "Dear Diary", don't you? Crap...

Dear Diary,

They kicked me out.

For real.

They kicked me out!

And in all honesty, I don't know why! I mean, yea, maybe I can get a little bit carried
     away sometimes. But it's all for a good cause! It's not like my... enthusiasm, is a self-
     serving tendency. It's a war. In a war there's always some collateral damage. I just don't
     see why all of a sudden that's such a "concerning development", to put it in their words. If
     I were them, I'd be thanking people like me on bare knees! Which would still be doing
     them short, but OK, I could accept that. But did I get thanked on bare knees? NO!

THEY KICKED ME OUT!!!

If I may give you a tip, diary, I'd run while you can! Because apparently, I'm an
     ecoterrorist now! And why? Because a few ships are now enjoying a second, better, life as
     the basis for an underwater reef. That's not so bad is it?! Especially considering with they
     were doing in their first life! But no one cares about that. Well, I do! I care! And what do
     they do?!

They

Kicked

Me

OUT!

A little while later.

Entry 2
     Dear Diary,

Not only did they kick me out. They also shipped me off to some forsaken hole in the
     middle of nowhere. And they sent me off like this:

'Cate. You know we care about you. You know we appreciate all that you have done for
     us. Because of you the world's a greener place than it was before. But the suits funding
     our operations are starting to doubt your... erm... increasingly forceful methods. They
     worry about the bad press it's been generating. Catie, honey, that's not doing our cause
     any good. You understand that don't you? It's time to lay low for a while. Let things cool
     off for a bit. They will bring you back once it's all passed, I'm sure of that! Then maybe
     we can pick things up again too, you and me. What do you say "Danu"?'

'....'

'Caitlin? Honey?'

Yea right. Him and me. Don't make me laugh. Such a mistake.

I hate it when he calls me Catie.
     I hate it when he calls me honey.
     And I hate it when he calls me Danu; I'm not an Irish goddess!

I'm just a girl who cares about the sustainability of our planet. And did he honestly think
     I'd respond to his egotistical and derogating goodbye speech? First of all, he talked to me
     like I was a 5-year old. Secondly, they are shipping me off to the end of the world. This
     place doesn't even need saving! And the places that do I can't save from this hole! What
     am I supposed to here?! All they left me with is a trash bin that doesn't even recycle, a
     mailbox that only spits out bills, and some loose change. Sunset Valley; and how sunny it
     is. I am simply overjoyed. You know, it takes both sunshine AND rain to create a rainbow.

I need this:

I need to save the world!

A long while later.

Entry 3                                                                                                                
     Dear Diary,

The 5 stages of Grief:

• Denial
  • Anger
  • Bargaining
  • Depression
  • Acceptance

None of them particularly enjoyable.

An even longer while later.

Entry 4                                                                                                                          
     Dear Diary,

Acceptance is a pain. Now I really haven't got anything to do. It struck me I hadn't
     introduced myself to you yet, oh faithful listener of microchips, so here goes:

In the past I was an Environmentalist Extraordinaire.
     In the present I am an ex-Environmentalist Extraordinaire going stir crazy.
     In the future I will be an ex-Environmentalist Extraordinaire going stir crazy in an Asylum.

The five traits that'd best describe me are:

• Eco-Friendly
  • Loves the Outdoors
  • Green Thumb
  • Natural Cook, and
  • Born Salesman

I used to be a vegetarian, but I just love meat too much to stay away from it completely.
     It has to be biological though, but so does all my food. Organic all the way!

I'm of mixed Spanish and Irish descent and named after a Saint, quite appropriate if I say
     so myself!

I have a younger sister, you can see the
     resemblance can't you? Her name is Ceara
     (yea, another Irish 'C'). She lives back
     home, but we don't speak much anymore
     because of my work. Ex work...

And lastly a little fashion show for yours truly. If I'm documenting my life (if you can call it
     that), I may as well do it thoroughly.

I lost track of time; but later.

Entry 5
     Dear Diary,

I just realized something! I'm not very smart if I let others decide over my faith. The fact
that I lost what I loved and was put in this place over the rainbow (yes, that is how
alien it seems), does not mean I should give up everything I stand for.

I can still make a difference!

It may not be how I envisioned it, but do the means really matter in the end? If I can
obtain my goals, shouldn't I put aside all this negativity and just try?!

I bought a bike, for starters (cause I ain't driving no filthy taxi!), and I know just what
to do with it.

I have a plan!

Authors note: I wish The Sims had a haughty/derogatory trait. It would've fit Cate perfectly, she's so hautain!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:00:57 PM »
Oooh, this looks really cool!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:32:41 PM »
I guess Snob is as close as you can get to haughty or derogratory.  I really like the unique flare you've put into this story already, you've obviously put thought, effort and care into it, and it really shows.

I really like Caitlin's clothing, she's really very pretty!

My only concern is about the font you're using, while it gives it a very real look, the fact that 'N' and 'V' look almost the same makes it harder to read at times.

Good luck!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 08:44:11 PM »
Hi Phyre.

Although this is a very unique and clever way of presenting your story, which I really do appreciate, I'm afraid it's not consistent with the way the Forum is set up.  I have to ask you to use the normal font and use the plain white background of a regular post.  I'm sorry to do that because it really is clever, but I don't have much choice.

Also, you posted this on the Dynasty Stories board.  Is it an Immortal Dynasty challenge?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 03:21:07 AM »
Although this is a very unique and clever way of presenting your story, which I really do appreciate, I'm afraid it's not consistent with the way the Forum is set up.  I have to ask you to use the normal font and use the plain white background of a regular post.  I'm sorry to do that because it really is clever, but I don't have much choice.

Also, you posted this on the Dynasty Stories board.  Is it an Immortal Dynasty challenge?

It will be an Immortal Dynasty yes, the story is still unfolding. I'm at work now, but I will change the font and background colour when I come home.

I guess Snob is as close as you can get to haughty or derogratory.

Yea, I considered this trait, but the game gives it a huge materialistic twist. Caitlin is as immaterialistic as they come, so in the end I decided it wouldn't be really fitting.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 03:26:14 AM »
Nice start!  :D Caitlin looks great!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Vasquez Dynasty: Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 06:57:41 AM »
Nice start and I can't wait to read more!  Caitlin is a very pretty founder. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Phyre

• Occult
Re: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 02:40:47 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the nice and encouraging replies!

I "upgraded" Caitlin's diary from an authentic hand-written one to a digital one. This to comply with forums rules, as well as to increase readability and accessability of the story. I hope those who really liked the style in which the diary entries were presented aren't too disappointed.

This really was the only option.

I may not be able anymore to give every character their own handwriting to make them more unique and add to their own personality and style, but I am already churning on new ideas to reach the same result with different touches. At the same time the story is much better readable, and the entries are easier to create, which means I can do more of them! And I did try to maintain the original diary format as much as possible, so not all is lost!

Chapter 1 should be coming soon, almost all the play for it is done already!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 03:08:32 PM »
It's awesome to see how enthusiatic you are about your story, and the change to a digital diary just keeps it up with the times right, LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, digital journaling is cool now :D

It's not disappointing that you're following forum rules gracefully, it's awesome. *Thumbs up*
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 03:11:42 PM »
This is a story I absolutely love. Congrats on having a great founder! Cate's awesome! :D Is her hair CC? It's just so cool!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 04:26:29 PM »
When I said -

Oooh, this looks really cool!  :)

I mainly meant your writing as well as how you present.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 04:38:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  I love how you've started your dynasty - what a creative and interesting beginning! 

It's not disappointing that you're following forum rules gracefully, it's awesome. *Thumbs up*

I agree completely.  This forum is extremely well moderated which, in my opinion, makes it such a wonderful community.  I didn't see your original post - just the revised one to meet the forum rules - and I can tell you that it does not disappoint in the least!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 06:46:58 AM »
The other presentation was just more flare for a story that so far doesn't need any.  It's already well written and has us intrigued so don't be discouraged!  I can't wait for the next installment.  And since I'm an impatient person I'm gonna go back to making sure Pepper reaches his goal so I lose track of time lol!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 11:34:39 AM »
You have a great start to your Dynasty, Phyre. Good luck with it; I'll be back to read your updates.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations