Author Topic: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist  (Read 33798 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2011, 11:02:39 AM »
Hank is awesome! Even though he is a gorilla and a Cinderella. lol
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2011, 01:48:41 PM »
Yup, now the Cinderelly song is stuck in my head too :D

Great update, I wonder what Hank's decided to do instead?
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2011, 02:01:43 AM »
Hank is going to get in trouble by Agnes...
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ballerina4life

• Llama Wrangler
  • Dance is the hidden language of the soul
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2011, 09:35:26 PM »
Phyre I really enjoy your writing! I have the Cinderelly song stuck in my head now but it is worth it! I can't wait to read more. :)
The next time you look into the mirror, just look at the way the ears rest next to the head; look at the way the hairline grows;
 think of all the little bones in your wrist. It is a miracle. And the dance is a celebration of that miracle. *Martha Graham*

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2011, 05:35:04 AM »
Thank you very much everyone! I really enjoy reading your replies, they always make me smile (or laugh)!

Sorry about getting the Cinderella song stuck in your heads though! I had the song stuck in my head for 3! days :P

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2011, 05:35:23 AM »
     Chapter 6: The Boring Life Of Caitlin Vasquez, Chapter 1

Entry 14
     Dear Diary,

Boring is actually an understatement.

Deadening...

Deadening...

Deadening. Yes. That gives much better expression to our everyday lives. Deadening.

As per Queen Bee's instructions I employed myself as gardener. I've never grown a thing
     in my life. I didn't have time for that while travelling all over the world. But I figured, you
     know; how hard can it be?

Harder than it looks; I tell you! And more time consuming too!

Did you know that you have to weed plants like... every day?

E-V-E-R-Y day!

What kind of stupid evolutionary purpose does that even serve?! They also need to be
     watered every day. And you need to talk to them and "give them lots of love" everyday.
     You also have to gather seeds because you can't buy everything at the supermarket. But
     none of that is the worst part. Oh no. The worst part is that you have to fertilize plants.
     And apparently, garlic is really good for fertilizing.

Man.

You will not believe the smell that comes oozing from my pores 24/7. I'm now the
     embodiment of vampire extermination.

Hmm....

Maybe I can switch jobs and do that instead! It might pay better. Gardening won't even
     earn you breakfast! Pauline says that this will get better, with time, but I don't want to
     wait. I want to earn money now, so I can get going with my plans to save the
     environment. Obviously that's not something I'm able to get around to while I garden
     and that's frustrating me to no end!

To be completely fair, I'm not the only one who works hard. During my daily trips to the
     consignment store I don't just take the products of my own day's work with me.

I barely even speak to Pauline nowadays. A few words while we eat, but then she's off to
     that sculpting station again. She's not half bad you know. I really think she has a talent
     for it. She started with clay, but has since moved on to ice. The reason behind that eludes
     me; what could you possible want to sculpt in ice?! The first thing she made was a toilet.
     Well, I'm so not sitting on that! I like to keep my behind on my behind, and not on the
     toilet, thank you very much! Oh man, even thinking about that makes me shudder.

Ice sticking. Ouch!

I feel sorry for Pauline though, even sorrier than I feel for myself. At least I get to be
     alone most of the day, but she is working next to "The Chieftain". All day long. She says
     she doesn't mind, that she likes her, but I know better! She's just repressing the
     experience! Apparently that's her coping mechanism.

The Chieftain paints all day long. I do admit, what she paints isn't half bad, but she didn't
     start yesterday. Not that I care. I only care about how much money she'll make us, and
     how quickly she'll make it. The good thing about this work schedule is that I barely have
     to interact with her, which suits me just fine. Hopefully she'll be so absorbed in her work
     she won't notice anything until old age comes to take her!

I know, I know...

But a girl can dream right?

So. This is our deadening day-to-day routine. We work, work, work. All day long.

Well, except for Hank....

But no one knows what he does. He's gone when we get up, and he comes home after
     we've gone to bed. Chieftain is furious about it. You should've seen her seething that first
     day! It was hilarious. Pauline's not saying anything though, she doesn't want to be in the
     middle. Good for her. Still, I can't help but be angry at Hank myself. It's just not fair that
     he is gone all the time, doing who knows what, while I work up a permanent "Eau
     de Garlic"! It's just not.

Anyway, I've already talked too long; have to get back to work now.

Working hard to get my fill,
     everybody wants a thrill.
     Payin' anything to roll the dice,
     just one more time.
     Some will win, some will lose,
     some were born to sing the blues.
     Oh, the movie never ends.
     It goes on and on and on and on!

Yes, yes, I'm going. For real now, I promise!

Author's Note: I finally got around to playing a little bit yesterday (a true miracle - for everything I finish it seems double the work comes back to me, kinda like that Hercules monster!). In any case, I played somewhere around a full sim-week, so I should be able to post more updates during the week even if I can't find the time to play!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
Woo, an update! ;D
I feel sorry for Cait. :(
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »
A hydra of work, oh no!  Despite her complaints, seems like Caitlin is progressing fairly well.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2011, 01:31:07 PM »
Aw, poor Cate. :( Poor Pauline that has to work near Aggie, or the Chieftain, as you call her. Hey, she is not that bad! ;D Anyways, awesome update.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2011, 01:44:22 PM »
Awesome updates, as always!!!   Thank goodness I've got Journey stuck in my head instead of Cinderelly - ahhh what a trip down memory lane!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2011, 05:48:06 PM »
Hank is the only lucky one...
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2011, 01:48:20 PM »
Chapter 6: The Boring Life of Caitlin Vasquez, Chapter 1

PS: You're Invited!

Entry 4
     Whoooooo!

Agnes' Birthday is coming up!

With all this slaving to bring in money Hank and I can definitely use a good party! I bet
     even Nes and Cate need this to relax. They both told me (separately of course), that
     Agnes' birthday was to be quietly ignored.

"Pauline, a party is too much time away from work, too taxing on the environment, too
     tiring, too expensive, too this, too that...".
The list goes on and on.

That's why they need this party you see. They just don't see it... yet. But I've made all the
     preparations; if they don't want a party it will just have to be a surprise party!

Will I see you there?
     Pauline

PS. Uninvited is uninvited! Loitering in front of the house, no matter how subtle, is not
     going to get you inside! (Same goes for money, vampire transformations and/or experimental pills).

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2011, 02:24:34 PM »
Woo! Unauthorized party *has flashback to when roomie did exactly that* Oh, wait, this could go very badly LOL

Looking forward to seeing what happens.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2011, 04:36:14 PM »
Oh man! And here I was going to bribe my way in! Are you sure 100 Simoleons won't cut it?
Going to Plan B, where did I leave my dinosaur costume? Oh right, it doesn't get here for 2 more weeks!
I guess I'll just have to abduct one of the invited guests on their way to the party and go in their place. Hmmm, yes, that should work.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2011, 05:01:50 PM »
Oh goody - a surprise party!   Is that Malcolm Landgraab with the blond ponytail?  If so, dang he's buff!  In my game he ended up as a fat, pasty vampire.