Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 659029 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1260 on: August 22, 2012, 11:16:31 AM »
Well, it says to start with a pre-made townie family with no children. Goodwin is disqualified because he fathered a child before the start of the game.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1261 on: August 22, 2012, 11:18:42 AM »
Thanks TheTripWasInfraGreen. I guess I need to start over, again.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1262 on: August 22, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »
Well, it says to start with a pre-made townie family with no children. Goodwin is disqualified because he fathered a child before the start of the game.

The males are okay as far as I know, it's a female with a dependent child that isn't. I know Metro gave permission for Susan and Boyd Wainwright to be used a while back.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1263 on: August 22, 2012, 07:30:54 PM »
The males are okay as far as I know, it's a female with a dependent child that isn't. I know Metro gave permission for Susan and Boyd Wainwright to be used a while back.

Really?  I wouldn't think they would qualify at all.  I don't think it should be limited to females.  The baby is just as much the male's child as the female's.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1264 on: August 22, 2012, 07:35:10 PM »
It isn't that they can't have fathered/birthed a child - it is there can't be a child in the home.  In this case, child is defined as multi generations, no matter the age of the child.  Gender isn't important, only the relationship of the members of the household itself.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1265 on: August 22, 2012, 07:49:38 PM »
Teresa is right.   The Wainwrights qualify because there is only one generation in their house.  Just like the Frio household is good because it's just the two brothers.  It doesn't matter that Claire next door is pregnant with Jared's baby. 

So the Good & Bad household is also ok because even though Goodwin is going to be a daddy, he doesn't have any children living with him which is the qualifier. 

You can move Jenni Jones-Brown in but remember you only have 10 days to birth another child and three of those days are going to be taken by the first pregnancy. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1266 on: August 22, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
Dependent child being the key words, yes it does apply to any male or female that has one living with them. If they're not at home, as with Blair, then all bets are off and they can be used. And doesn't having a dependent child or being pregnant disqualify a Sim from being the first partner, since the child has to go with them?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1267 on: August 22, 2012, 11:57:05 PM »
Why don't I remember all of that?  Grrr!  I'm looking at the rule for starting the challenge and it doesn't say that the children have to be living in the household to be disqualified.

2. Choose a pre-made townie family with no children from any unaltered EA designed neighborhood.

I started with Christopher Steel, so I know I'm ok with mine.  You guys are sure that Metro ruled that having kids is ok as long as they don't live in the house?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1268 on: August 23, 2012, 12:01:31 AM »
Why don't I remember all of that?  Grrr!  I'm looking at the rule for starting the challenge and it doesn't say that the children have to be living in the household to be disqualified.

I started with Christopher Steel, so I know I'm ok with mine.  You guys are sure that Metro ruled that having kids is ok as long as they don't live in the house?

Very sure.

The first named child born into a house is the heir, but heirs must result from Woo Hoo. That's why existing pregnant females are a no go.

Susan obviously already gave birth to Blair, so it's iffy. But, I'm going to say yes.

Metro gave a judgment call that multiple generations not under the same roof are fine. It also seems to suggest that Jenni Jones-Brown can't be used at all.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1269 on: August 23, 2012, 12:02:48 AM »
Very sure.

Metro gave a judgment call that multiple generations not under the same roof are fine. It also seems to suggest that Jenni Jones-Brown can't be used at all.

Ok, thanks Sweetest Pea.  I'll take your word for it because I'm not going to read through this whole thread!  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1270 on: August 23, 2012, 12:04:56 AM »
Ok, thanks Sweetest Pea.  I'll take your word for it because I'm not going to read through this whole thread!  ;D

It's on page 15 if you want it, I just searched it because I knew it was somewhere. :D

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1271 on: August 23, 2012, 08:51:33 AM »
Now I am very confused was my famliy ok or not. I was under the impression that so long as I started GoodWin I was ok because he had no children, and moving in jenni jones-brown and their child together was no different then marrying someone with kids of their own and moving them in as step children.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1272 on: August 23, 2012, 09:25:11 AM »
Starting with Goodwin and moving in Jenni is fine.    Just remember the 10 days you have to start an heir starts when you start the game not when you move in the spouse so a second child would have to be born by the second Tuesday in your game.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1273 on: August 23, 2012, 09:28:53 AM »
I would have thought you couldn't use her because she is just like Claire? Since nobody can use Claire because she is pregnant then surely that makes it so you can't use Jenni? My view on the thing is that neither of the founders may have Children living in the household but if Jennie is pregnant then surely she'll have to bring the child?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1274 on: August 23, 2012, 09:34:51 AM »
I thought you couldn't start with Jenni but that doesn't mean you can't move her in.   The rules state you can't use a household that has multiple generations under that roof.  It has no restrictions on who you move in after that fact.    If you go with both households can't be used then that severely limits who you can use as a co founder because that would mean you also cant choose someone who is a "child" in another household so that would mean no Julienne Knack, no Xander Clavell, no Bebe Hart, etc.  It would severely limit who would be available.   

The only restriction is the household you choose to start the game.  Beyond that

Adding to Your Household

1. Heirs must be the result of two Sims living in a household Trying For Baby and must be born within 10 days of starting in a new occupied Townie house.
2. The first named child born into a new house is your DecaDynasty heir.
3. There are no restrictions to moving Sims in or out of the household, except as stated below:
  • Once a Sim leaves the household, he/she may never be invited back into the household of an active heir.
  • Sims from the previous household may not move in with a later heir, either when he/she moves or after the fact.
  • The heir must remain within the household until they have completed the requirements to move.
  • The only items Heirs can move with are Career Rewards and Lifetime Happiness Rewards that they earn themselves. No other objects.

I think the confusion is that there is a difference between the person you're playing when you start the game and the founder's spouse.   The restriction is about the founder - after that the whole town is game.