Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 653167 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1365 on: October 01, 2012, 04:33:41 PM »
Rachel you're right.   Metro thought RaeLynn was talking about spares/siblings of the heir not the heir having children.

Metro:  I thought she was talking about siblings of the heir
Metro:  No, heirs have to be firstborn.  Heirs also cannot have babies before moving out to the next house.
I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that I have the ability to read Metro's mind.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1366 on: October 01, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »
I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that I have the ability to read Metro's mind.

Rachel

It's a good thing of course. In fact I refuse to finish this post on the grounds that you already knew the hilarious thing I was going to say.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1367 on: October 01, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up.  :)  I am attempting photography as the super maxed skill.  The family and friends collection would be impossible anyway because of the grandchild requirement.    The paranormal collection is also off limits because of the doubly dead requirement...  At least there are plenty of other collections to try for.

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1368 on: October 05, 2012, 10:10:15 PM »
If my photographer can't complete a collection due to a bug that some buildings aren't recognized, do I need to find another collection to complete or could it count if I took a picture of the building?  This is a known bug based on my internet search.

For example, I live in Sunset Tides.  I am trying to take a photo of the diner, but it is not recognizing.  Does this mean that I cannot complete the collection that includes the diner?  Could I Edit Town to place a diner that may be recognized in the middle of my first generation?  Or do I need to look for other collections to complete instead?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1369 on: October 05, 2012, 10:13:46 PM »
You could buy a park and use community objects to place the diner from base game but you would lose that property as a property as soon as the rabbit hole was placed.  Or you could copy an EA lot with a diner already on it and place it into your town.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #1370 on: October 06, 2012, 12:29:16 AM »
Can you purchase a property and a rabbit hole at any time?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1371 on: October 06, 2012, 01:48:43 AM »
I'm still a little confused about the Gypsy Wagon.  Can it only be purchased on the community buildings tab while either in Edit Town or while updating property your Sim owns?  And it changes the property to a rabbit hole, which makes it ineligible for the moving requirements, right?  So, does that mean you've spent the money on the property and wagon only to lose the moving requirement?  Is that the only to get the Gypsy Wagon placed in a game you're already playing (as opposed to placing it in a new game)?  I'm not sure how to get the wagon into my DecaDynasty game then.  And is the wagon required for the Fortune Teller career?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1372 on: October 06, 2012, 02:44:04 AM »
I'm still a little confused about the Gypsy Wagon.  Can it only be purchased on the community buildings tab while either in Edit Town or while updating property your Sim owns?  And it changes the property to a rabbit hole, which makes it ineligible for the moving requirements, right?  So, does that mean you've spent the money on the property and wagon only to lose the moving requirement?  Is that the only to get the Gypsy Wagon placed in a game you're already playing (as opposed to placing it in a new game)?  I'm not sure how to get the wagon into my DecaDynasty game then.  And is the wagon required for the Fortune Teller career?

You can go into Moonlight Falls and save the Gypsy Wagon lot to the bin then it will be availble to place in other games. That would be the easiest route. And yes, it is the only placeto do the Fortune Teller career.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1373 on: October 06, 2012, 04:34:59 AM »
With regards to photography not recognizing some places, make sure you try changing angles or distance before declaring it a total loss.

I've had the Omniplant not register in one game until I moved 90 degrees, and another time, the diner would only register if I took the photo of it through the business building (if I tried to get anything but the wall of the business building, it kept giving me "Objects" or something).

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1374 on: October 06, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »
Can you purchase a property and a rabbit hole at any time?

You can but it has to be purchased by the heir and I don't know if that is possible before the heir is YA and you have to do it before the heir moves out because it's part of their requirements.

You can go into Moonlight Falls and save the Gypsy Wagon lot to the bin then it will be availble to place in other games. That would be the easiest route. And yes, it is the only placeto do the Fortune Teller career.

What Ivrugger said is absolutely right.   You can save the Gypsy Wagon property from Moonlight Falls if you wish to do it that way.  Or as you said, you could purchase a property, place the rabbit hole and then lose the property.   The rabbit holes don't cost money from the Community Objects section and when the property is converted to non purchasable, the game sells the property for you so you get your money back.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1375 on: October 06, 2012, 09:57:06 AM »
You can but it has to be purchased by the heir and I don't know if that is possible before the heir is YA and you have to do it before the heir moves out because it's part of their requirements.
The earliest time you can buy the real estate requirements is as a teen, I know that from both my immortal dynasties.

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1376 on: October 07, 2012, 02:55:49 PM »
My first Heir (a teenager)  has two young adult friends who have their careers listed as Newspaper Deliverer and Babysitter.  As long as these two stay friends and have their careers listed as such would they count as the NPC requirement?  Even though Newspaper Deliverers are always children and Babysitters are always teens?  They have visited the house before.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1377 on: October 07, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »
My first Heir (a teenager)  has two young adult friends who have their careers listed as Newspaper Deliverer and Babysitter.  As long as these two stay friends and have their careers listed as such would they count as the NPC requirement?

The age of the NPC friends does not matter...as long as they have different careers you're good.

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
  • I love Italian Greyhounds...
    • Poesies.com
« Reply #1378 on: October 08, 2012, 12:12:09 PM »
I'm not really understanding the tombstone thing.  Possibly my question was answered, but I only read through the first ten or so pages of this thread.  I'm considering trying this, and it would be my first legacy (dynasty).

I play Hidden Springs, so I'd like to get Ella Carlisle and Sebastian Vanderburg together to start.  So in order to have their child move out, one of them would have to die first?  And the child must be born in the first ten days?  As they are both Young Adults, wouldn't the child be older than an Adult before one of them dies?

Also, I'd have Ella move into the castle, and Renauld and Caterina already have tons of friends (I think).  Would that count toward the friendship tally or does it have to be the parents of the heir?

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #1379 on: October 08, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »
For some reason my heir isn't getting any opportunities, what's weird is that the rest of the household is getting loads of them. Is there a way to increase the chance of getting an opportunity for my heir?

anything