Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 653243 times)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #480 on: August 20, 2011, 02:41:21 PM »
Yes, you can do any opportunities that show up in your opportunities tab, as long as no other heir/ess does them.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #481 on: August 20, 2011, 02:46:47 PM »
It is a good idea to write them down too.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #482 on: August 21, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
Is anyone else having a problem with aging in their decadynasty. My family are aging properly but I have an awful lot of townies still alive that shouldn't be. For instance Sims still alive and kicking include Emma Hatch,Thornton Wolff,Cyclon,Stiles Magraw,Leighton Sekemoto,Pauline Wan,Blair Wainwright etc etc. They all look like they are still in the young adult stage.

The problem of course if nobody gets older my heir won't be able to meet any new friends or new NPCS any suggestions people.

Rachel

It's actually a bug that's been happening a lot in various games where it seems that townies aren't aging.  The problem, of course, is that your Sims aren't aging.  That's the problem I had.  I ended up stopping what I was doing after trying all the things that people mentioned on the official forums and here.   I'm blaming the fact that my IFs had kids.  I had no problems until my female IF gave birth and then it was irreparable.   I know you had your IF give birth, too.   Maybe the programming can't handle that kind of thing, but it's only a theory.  Needless to say try#2 for me will not be involving too much IF "breeding".   I think others have mentioned the problem with townies before.  Schipperke or Joria once mentioned it in another thread that she got notification that someone was going to die four or five times but they never died.   I've had that problem, too, but my Sims always aged so it was never a serious problem.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #483 on: August 21, 2011, 10:40:12 AM »
Thanks for the tip I will not be allowing any IF breeding this time round.

Rachel

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #484 on: August 21, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »
I'm also doing a DecaDynasty, and I wanted to say that I've not even pulled IF's out of my sims' inventories and my game has been fine. So, maybe it really is the IF's. I get one notice about other sims dying (occasionally two if they live really long) and then they die.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #485 on: August 21, 2011, 12:07:28 PM »
So you guys think the IF Breeding Program is causing the problems? Ack, just to be safe I'd better not breed any in my Immortal Dynasty or Legacy.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #486 on: August 21, 2011, 12:48:06 PM »
Thomas it is the only thing that both Rica and I did in our dynasties the same. I wonder if seabody has been breeding IFS he has had an aging problem in his immortal dynasty.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #487 on: August 21, 2011, 01:02:08 PM »
Thomas it is the only thing that both Rica and I did in our dynasties the same. I wonder if seabody has been breeding IFS he has had an aging problem in his immortal dynasty.

Rachel

Wow you guys had to warn me earlier. Now I have a YA IF I want to move out (in my legacy) I dunno how if it's gonna bug my game uh oh. :-\
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #488 on: August 21, 2011, 05:41:11 PM »
It's actually a bug that's been happening a lot in various games where it seems that townies aren't aging.  The problem, of course, is that your Sims aren't aging.  That's the problem I had.  I ended up stopping what I was doing after trying all the things that people mentioned on the official forums and here.   I'm blaming the fact that my IFs had kids.  I had no problems until my female IF gave birth and then it was irreparable.   I know you had your IF give birth, too.   Maybe the programming can't handle that kind of thing, but it's only a theory.  Needless to say try#2 for me will not be involving too much IF "breeding".   I think others have mentioned the problem with townies before.  Schipperke or Joria once mentioned it in another thread that she got notification that someone was going to die four or five times but they never died.   I've had that problem, too, but my Sims always aged so it was never a serious problem.
It better not ruin my DecaDynasty! I already had a IF breed with a spare! Hopefully nothing will happen. Thanks for sharing that!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #489 on: August 21, 2011, 06:05:15 PM »

Rachel

Nothing of the sort. I have had 2 IF's, and I planned to maybe marry them to their owner, but since the relationship had dropped from being in Inventory for most/all of their teen years, I didn't. In short: No, no breeding.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #490 on: August 21, 2011, 06:42:31 PM »
Oh my what have I missed? It took me awhile to figure out that IF was imaginary friend but what is this about a breeding program? Are we now allowed to breed IF's in the dynasties? Decadynasty? I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but this is a loong thread to be reading.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #491 on: August 21, 2011, 06:44:15 PM »
Oh my what have I missed? It took me awhile to figure out that IF was imaginary friend but what is this about a breeding program? Are we now allowed to breed IF's in the dynasties? Decadynasty? I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but this is a loong thread to be reading.

I assume so, but we think that the aging glitch that ruined Ricalynn and ratchie's dynasty is connected to breeding IF's.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #492 on: August 22, 2011, 03:36:56 AM »
We are allowed to breed IFs but they are possibly causing the No Aging Bugs for townies. There isn't actually a breeding program though, I don't know why I evens aid that at first?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #493 on: August 22, 2011, 10:31:46 AM »
I think saying the word breeding is my fault.  It was in quotations because that's what I was calling it in my DecaDynasty story.  It's not an actual breeding program.  However the problems in my decadynasty became irreversible when an IF made real gave birth to a nooboo.  Actually it started before the birth, it started about the time she got pregnant.  At least, it did in my file.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

jamsau38

« Reply #494 on: August 22, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »
Coming out of lurkerdom to say this challenge looks awesome. My least favorite part of Sims is building a house from scratch, and I love that this challenge lets you really explore a town and get to know all of the houses and families.

I read all the rules and got one started, and realized I was a bit over my head. I started with Hank Goddard and Pauline Wan. I had Hank and Pauline throw a bunch of parties and make a ton of friends. I changed Hank's LTW to Super Popular. I made my heir a loner, hates-the-outdoors, bookworm, and got her working on the writing skill. Then I realized, I'll need Hank or Pauline to die before my heir can move out, and then I'd lose half of the household's friends. (Duh.) I've kept going in the game I already started, following more the spirit of the challenge than the actual rules. :) I love my heir too much. She's married Sam Sekemoto and just gave birth to the second heir. I feel like I'm invested in the whole town rather than just one family, and it's been a lot more fun.

I will start a new game and stick to the rules. I think I'll have my first heir super max out charisma, so then he/she can have all of the friends and I won't have to worry about relationships dying with a family member. What families does everyone like to start with? I thought picking a young couple would be smart, but I could see why that would be difficult, too. I'd hate to be done with all the requirements, waiting around for a sim to die, praying that my heir's fiance doesn't become a vampire.