Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643644 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #510 on: August 23, 2011, 03:31:57 PM »
Not really the same. Adoption service is the person that comes out and gives you a child you adopted. Social worker is the one that comes and takes a kid away for being neglected.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #511 on: August 25, 2011, 11:03:43 PM »
Oh man I wish I could find sometime get into my DecaD. I miss my sims so much. I haven't had any time to do anything but check in here. And Facebook. Everyone sounds things are going pretty smoothe with their challenge. I hope I get off on a hitch as well when  get into mine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #512 on: August 25, 2011, 11:51:25 PM »
Even if the Sim does Adoption Services or Child Protection Services, they are both called a Social Worker in the game, aren't they?  The game doesn't tell you what kind of job they perform, as far as I know.

I must have missed the part that we can't have more than one type of NPC.  If I meet two firefighters, I can only count one of them toward my moving requirements?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #513 on: August 25, 2011, 11:57:26 PM »
No Pam, they all have to have a different job.  >:(
The Townie DecaDynasty

For the Heir to be Eligible to Move to the Next Townie House...

1. The heir must get on the honor roll in grade school and high school. Staying on the honor roll is not required.
2. The household must have 10 different NPC friends (all must have different jobs) at moving time—Maid, Repair Technician, Repoman, Baby Sitter, Adoption Service/Child Protection Worker, Pizza Delivery, Butler, Bartender, Bouncer, Pianist, Burglar, Police, Firefighter, Grim Reaper, Newspaper Delivery, Mail Delivery, Science Geek, Magician, Ghost, Tourist, Explorer, Paparazzi, Tattoo Artist, male/female dancers.
3. The household must have 10 different Best Friends at moving time. There can be overlap with other households’ Best Friends and the NPC requirement can serve double duty here if any are also Best Friends.
4. Heirs must max a unique career (rabbit-hole, profession, or self-employed)—no other DecaDynasty heir can max the same career.
5. Heirs must SuperMax a unique skill—no other heir can SuperMax the same skill. SuperMax means that not only is the skill maxed, but all related skill challenges have also been completed.
6. Heirs must complete 10 unique Opportunities (BlackOps) that no other heir has completed. These can be Career, Skill, or Special Opportunities.
7. Each heir needs to purchase one building and one property (2 separate ownerships). The property must be fully upgraded before the heir moves.
8. The heir must be in the Adult life stage.
9. Heirs must acquire a short, rounded tombstone or the larger obelisk resulting from the natural death of a household member. The ground plaque does not qualify (the smallest size). Tombstones must be placed on the lot before moving.  
10. Heirs must leave behind 10 items (no more) of a particular type in the house. No items left can be from previous households. These items must be a) created, b) found, or c) given to you as freebies/perks as part of a career or being a Celebrity. None of the 10 items can be purchased or made on the Display Table. Each house must have a unique item type. Examples of qualifying types — freebies/perks (criminal career objects taken home, culinary career fridge, law enforcement squad car, celebrity freebies in family inventory, etc.), presents, field trip souvenirs, paintings, photos, sculptures, beetles, butterflies, gems, metals, spacerocks, fish, relics, inventions, nectar, books, spirits, Gnomes, Lifetime Happiness Reward objects (i.e. teleporter, collection helper), plants, and any harvestables from Omni Plants. All household members from a given house can contribute towards this requirement.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #514 on: August 26, 2011, 04:59:06 AM »
Pam,we have to be friends with eight NPCs all with different jobs. I am going to go edit my NPC post and just leave it as one social worker.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #515 on: August 26, 2011, 05:36:30 AM »
Pam,we have to be friends with eight NPCs all with different jobs. I am going to go edit my NPC post and just leave it as one social worker.

Rachel

Should that be 10 different NPC's or have I missed something?
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #516 on: August 26, 2011, 08:34:48 AM »
Yeah ten NPCs I have no idea why I put eight  :-[.

Yes just to clarify you have to be friends with Ten different NPCs all with different jobs. Also you have to be friends with them when your heir is ready for moving.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #517 on: August 26, 2011, 08:42:52 AM »
I've just read through this ruleset, and just to clarify, for the ten friend requirment, it you can be best friends?

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #518 on: August 26, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
Yeah ten NPCs I have no idea why I put eight  :-[.

Thank Rachel, I'm easily confused  :D

I've just read through this ruleset, and just to clarify, for the ten friend requirment, it you can be best friends?

If you mean the heir, then no I don't think that the heir can help to meet the best friend requirement.
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #519 on: August 26, 2011, 09:01:03 AM »
Not exacty, I meant that for the 10 townie friends, it's ok to be Best friends?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #520 on: August 26, 2011, 09:09:28 AM »
Not exacty, I meant that for the 10 townie friends, it's ok to be Best friends?

They can be friends, good friends or best friends.  Any of those would count.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #521 on: August 26, 2011, 10:09:16 AM »
They have to have ten bestfriends at moving time.The NPCs can be just friends.

Rachel

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #522 on: August 26, 2011, 10:15:42 AM »
Rachel is right.  There are two separate requirements:  (1) Ten different NPC friends, who can as I said be friends, good friends, or best friends; and (2) Ten best friends.  There can be overlap between these two groups.  That is, an NPC who is a best friend can be counted in both groups.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #523 on: August 26, 2011, 04:39:49 PM »
@Metro:

Have you modified the rules to include Hidden Springs?  We already have players doing Dynasties in the new town.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #524 on: August 26, 2011, 07:39:48 PM »
@Metro:

Have you modified the rules to include Hidden Springs?  We already have players doing Dynasties in the new town.

This Dynasty should not be an issue at all. Rule #2 already covers things nicely. With the Immortal Dynasty I need to edit the ruleset for a specific starting lot. samo gave me that information.