Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643429 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2011, 02:11:18 AM »
Ok I've read the rules for the hundredth time. It said nothing about getting married and then moving out. Does that mean that is not an option? Like if you don't do the move thing when the box comes up you messed up? More so a clarification than a question I guess.

Can you be a little more specific?  I'm not sure what you're asking.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2011, 02:55:36 AM »
I was under impression that heir must obtain 10 required objects, but when I reread that rule I realized it doesn't:
"10. Heirs must leave behind 10 items (no more) of a particular type in the house. No items left can be from previous households. These items must be a) created, b) found, or c) given to you as freebies/perks as part of a career or being a Celebrity. None of the 10 items can be purchased or made on the Display Table. Each house must have a unique item type. " Maybe the bolded  "you" might change to "household member" to make it more clear.
I started my own Koffi/Hatch decadynasty but won't start the story until I reach first movement and feel comfortable understanding all the rules fully (and see if I can handle that many NPC's). BP is way to difficult for my PC to handle in long run. So far I'm having a blast!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2011, 02:57:15 AM »
I didn't realize I did two back to back. Sorry about that.

Pam, I was asking if I can get married before I move out. But I'm thinking I answered my own question. You only that box to move out when they get married?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2011, 03:26:32 AM »
I was under impression that heir must obtain 10 required objects, but when I reread that rule I realized it doesn't:

The entire household can work on obtaining the 10 objects required to move.  Is that what you're talking about?

Pam, I was asking if I can get married before I move out. But I'm thinking I answered my own question. You only that box to move out when they get married?

Getting married before moving out wouldn't work.  It's correct that you only get the moving box immediately after the wedding.  If you don't take advantage of it, you won't be able to move into a house occupied by townies unless you use Edit Town, which is banned.  The married couple would have to move to an empty house and that's what doesn't work.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #199 on: June 02, 2011, 03:31:38 AM »
AAAhhh ok got it. It's a use it or lose it kind of thing. Alrighty, I think I have enough data to at least get started. I'm cluless on the property thing though.

So... Who wants to volunteer to help this poor simmer how to post stories? Not now. I'm going to fall asleep in on my laptop any minute. Maybe next week or so. PM me.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #200 on: June 02, 2011, 04:00:48 AM »
The entire household can work on obtaining the 10 objects required to move.  Is that what you're talking about?

Yes, I figured that later. That part was confusing for me a little.
Also, I suppose that objects being different means I can leave 10 Dragon Cave photos in one household, and 10 Pyramids photos in other?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2011, 04:04:41 AM »
Platnum, a PM is coming by your way right now. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2011, 04:06:51 AM »
Make that two, Platnum. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2011, 04:30:53 AM »
Platnum, a PM is coming by your way right now. ;)

Don't tell her to center the text in her story.  You need to stop doing that, too.  It's inconsistent with the rest of the Forum, untidy, and harder to read.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #204 on: June 02, 2011, 04:33:55 AM »
Don't tell her to center the text in her story.  You need to stop doing that, too.  It's inconsistent with the rest of the Forum, untidy, and harder to read.

Don't worry Pam, I stopped centering since yesterday. I didn't know it wasn't allowed before that. So I won't tell her. ::)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2011, 04:45:20 AM »
Don't worry Pam, I stopped centering since yesterday. I didn't know it wasn't allowed before that. So I won't tell her. ::)

Hehe.  Thank you.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2011, 04:45:53 AM »
Lol. You're welcome! ;D

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »
Hello everyone. Thanks Chronic and Seabody for taking me under your wing. I am so nervous to start this thing but I'm going to do it tonight.

I have a question about the custom content we talked about yesterday. I don't remember if it was this thread of the Immortal Dynasty thread but I assumed it would apply to both. Custom content is what other simmers create right? Does that mean that the items I get for free and/or simpoints is not considered custom content third party? Since it is from the Sims Store? Not to be confused with the Sims 3 exchange. I figured the exchange was third party because our fellow simmer create them. Is that right? Am I confusing enough for you guys?  :D

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2011, 08:06:05 PM »
Hello everyone. Thanks Chronic and Seabody for taking me under your wing. I am so nervous to start this thing but I'm going to do it tonight.

I have a question about the custom content we talked about yesterday. I don't remember if it was this thread of the Immortal Dynasty thread but I assumed it would apply to both. Custom content is what other simmers create right? Does that mean that the items I get for free and/or simpoints is not considered custom content third party? Since it is from the Sims Store? Not to be confused with the Sims 3 exchange. I figured the exchange was third party because our fellow simmer create them. Is that right? Am I confusing enough for you guys?  :D

Anything from the Store or the Exchange is fine. It's all use at your own risk. As always, modifications are not allowed.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2011, 08:19:45 PM »
Ok good. I made the silly mistake of going to the store before I started my game. And I was confused on the whole furniture prices and all that stuff. I don't particularly care for mods. Haven't used them since TS2 and didn't want to install them by mistake.

Thanks for clarifying Metro. I'm off to try this thing out. Now which townie...

EDIT: Wait what about Riverview? Can we use Riverview? Or is that considered not an 'original' neighborhood?