Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643236 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2011, 08:34:57 PM »
EDIT: Wait what about Riverview? Can we use Riverview? Or is that considered not an 'original' neighborhood?

Riverview is fine.  And don't be so nervous.  If you mess up, just try it again.  You can start this challenge as many times as needed until you get a good one going.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »
Dang. I know I saw someone ask this but I couldn't find it. So many pages now.

Did Metro say NO to curing vampires before adding them to the household? Rules said no household members can be vamps, mummies, etc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #212 on: June 02, 2011, 10:34:28 PM »
Dang. I know I saw someone ask this but I couldn't find it. So many pages now.

Did Metro say NO to curing vampires before adding them to the household? Rules said no household members can be vamps, mummies, etc.

Let's keep it as simple as possible and not even entertain the idea of curing vampires. I mentioned in a previous post that having a targeted spouse become a vampire is pain in the you-know-what, but it's also those kinds of curveballs that makes a long challenge like this really tough. You have to be able to adapt and switch gears quickly. It happened to me in the Immortal Dynasty.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2011, 11:16:22 PM »
Got. I thought you had answered it but I couldn't find it. Though, I agree, it is a pain, it could make an interesting entry for a story.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2011, 01:27:26 AM »
I'm having lots of fun playing this challenge but I have to ask 3 more questions before feeling comfortable to continue.
-Heir is born Wednesday morning(Week 2. Day4) - that is a 10. days ? Maybe sleep deprivation, but I can't figure that out..
-NPC have to be listed as friends in relationship panel of household member the moment heir is moving? I need to know so I can have younger members focus on making friends with NPC's instead of father who will die untill movement.
-Again 10 objects. Can I leave 10 photos of Dragon Cave in one household, and 10 photos of Pyramids in other? Or I can leave photos in just one household?

Other than this, I'm having a blast, thank you!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2011, 01:35:57 AM »
-Again 10 objects. Can I leave 10 photos of Dragon Cave in one household, and 10 photos of Pyramids in other? Or I can leave photos in just one household?

My understanding is that if you are collecting photos, they can only be used in one household - You cannot use different types of photos in different houses.

-Heir is born Wednesday morning(Week 2. Day4) - that is a 10. day? May be sleep deprivation, but I can't figured that out..

By my maths, thats 11 days.
Just to double-check:
W1D1 = Day 1
WID2 = Day 2
W1D3 = Day 3
W1D4 = Day 4
W1D5 = Day 5
W1D6 = Day 6
W1D7 = Day 7
W2D1 = Day 8
W2D2 = Day 9
W2D3 = Day 10
W2D4 = Day 11
(W1D1 means week one day 1)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2011, 01:48:05 AM »
Seabody that is why I asked. About objects I believe you're right, but still wanted to check here if leaving platinum ores in one household means I'm done with metal ores, or just with platinum.
As for days, game start at day 1 - which only begin, so it is first day from day 1 to day 2, second day from day 2 to day 3 etc (If game start counting Week 0 Day 0 it would be different). But to avoid confusion, I'm asking Pam and Metro here - I did try for baby Saturday evening, but won't mind starting over to get that heir right on time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2011, 02:55:39 AM »
Seabody, I would be tempted to count the days as you do. But I remembered that Metro wrote in a post on page 4, find it here, that the 10th day would be Week 2 Day 4. Maybe his way to count days is:

[Day of moving in or start of a save] + 10 full days = Maximum limit to spawn the heir.

We need to wait for his answer, or Pam's, obviously. But there is still hope you don't need to restart your DecaDynasty, Anushka.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2011, 03:02:33 AM »
Not 10 days from when Agnes moves in. It's 10 days from when you start in a new house. So, we're talking about that child being born no later than Week 2, Day 4. Backtrack 3 days and you have your target day when Agnes needs to get pregnant.

@BellaClo
The way I read it is that you can have the child up until Week 2, Day 3, but NOT Week 2, Day 4.

Regarding the Best Friends (and NPC friends) requirement, do the people have to be Friends/Best Friends with the heir, or the household? Does a household have to have (in total ) 10 Best Friends, which can include the NPC friend requirement?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2011, 03:11:20 AM »
I remembered that post, and when I was playing, I figured Friday/Saturday would be the best day for try for baby, but time leaked and they woohooed Saturday night just before midnight, so labor finish around 1AM Wednesday, (I was hoping for evening baby because that is almost a full day less till birthday, but I got longest possible baby stage >:().
I did start this one to see how it goes, if I chose right characters, etc. So I won't mind starting from scratch (and include some minor changes).
I'm very worried about third question, NPC friends, if they are supose to be friends at the moment of movement (or father can befriend some of them before he dies and leave that tombstone behind). Also, I'm just developing best strategy for those objects so I do want to know what can I count on.
Now because of time difference I need a lot of patience till Metro and Pam get's up. I do realize it is middle of the night for them now, while I already had my morning coffee in my sunny garden!

Regarding the Best Friends (and NPC friends) requirement, do the people have to be Friends/Best Friends with the heir, or the household? Does a household have to have (in total ) 10 Best Friends, which can include the NPC friend requirement?
Household, not just heir, which is great! Check rule 2. and 3.

EDIT:
About days count, same debate was about when 21.century officially started. Everyone celebrated 1.1.2000 as the begining, but since time wasn't counted from 0 year B.C. officially, 21.century started 1.1.2001. even if everyone celebrated it year earlier - I was considered as party breaker telling everyone that it is just New Year, not New Century/Milenium!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2011, 06:50:30 AM »
Yeah, sorry guys. My earlier Week 2, Day 4 quote is off. The heir needs to be born within 10 days of beginning in a house, so that's Week 2, Day 3.

@BellaClo — it's the item type that needs to be different in each house. Paintings of one thing and paintings of another thing in a different house are still paintings. Leaving platinum ores in one house would mean you're done with metals.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2011, 06:54:15 AM »
Yeah, sorry guys. My earlier Week 2, Day 4 quote is off. The heir needs to be born within 10 days of beginning in a house, so that's Week 2, Day 3.

@BellaClo — it's the item type that needs to be different in each house. Paintings of one thing and paintings of another thing in a different house are still paintings. Leaving platinum ores in one house would mean you're done with metals.

You're confusing me and BellaClo, but as long as I got the answers :D

One question you missed. Does NPC's have to be listed as family friends in relationship panel when moving heir, or I can have father befriend NPC's even if he will be dead when heir move.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2011, 06:57:25 AM »
Does NPC's have to be listed as family friends in relationship panel when moving heir, or I can have father befriend NPC's even if he will be dead when heir move.

Well, the whole NPC thing is a moving requirement. So, you can have the dad make some NPC friends, but you'd better keep dad ticking via ambrosia or whatever until the heir moves out.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2011, 07:02:31 AM »
Thanks, I need dad for tombstone, so he's off, but mom can do it. Neighboors will gossip about very frequent visits of mailman, repairmanand pizza delivery guy but all for the cause!
Thanks for quick response Metro!

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2011, 10:00:29 AM »
You're confusing me and BellaClo, but as long as I got the answers :D
No problem on my side either. As long as Village Chick keeps answering questions... ;D
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!