Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643662 times)

Offline daydreamer

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #2145 on: August 09, 2016, 06:49:18 PM »
I read the FAQ again. While I don't see anything against it, I'm not really interested in causing a big fuss. Im on week 1, it isn't really a big loss to begin again. I want my challenge to be by the rules. Thanks.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2146 on: August 09, 2016, 07:19:55 PM »
@daydreamer: Sorry for any ambiguity the rules have, but I'm ruling to leave The Cannery alone. The lots that are allowed to have their Lot Type changed are (at least almost always) originally Small Parks or "Visitors Allowed" lots. Allowing players to do that to Festival Lots, even if they're allowed to be changed otherwise, is just too much of a deviation from the original purpose of the rule.

Hopefully it won't be much of a problem in your strategy. Good luck!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline daydreamer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2147 on: August 09, 2016, 07:28:19 PM »
@Trip It's okay, thank you all for the quick replies. After I read the FAQ again, I realized the reasons for being able to change the lot type of that specific lot before aren't really applicable anymore. I'm just glad I could get a firm answer on the question.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2148 on: October 09, 2016, 11:45:47 PM »
Rule Changes: 10/9/2016

The rule about adding Book Corrals to libraries via Edit Town has become more general:

If your town library is missing the skill books, you may use Edit Town to place Book Corrals in the library.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #2149 on: December 05, 2016, 09:52:36 PM »
An odd problem has occurred in my game.  I had deleted out a bunch of CC and downloads to make my game run more smoothly.  When I tried to open my file after this, the town I was playing in (Dragon Valley) had uninstalled for some reason.  I reinstalled it and continued playing, though the townies' outfits didn't reset and buildings were just labeled as "community lot," but I figured it'd still work just fine.  However, when my heir became a child and was to attend school, I realized the true issue:  the school had completely disappeared.  Can I go ahead and use edit town to place a school?  Of course, even if I do, I'm not sure she'll make honor roll as she aged up on a Wednesday (so no school), had no school on Thursday with the holiday, and it's already partway through the school day on Friday as I realized she'd never left for school.  That gives us the weekend and then just Monday and Tuesday.  Hopefully, being at A status for part of Friday and then the other two actual school days would do it. 
So, can I use edit town in this case?  If not, at least I'll restart without being that far into the challenge.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2150 on: December 06, 2016, 07:31:10 AM »
@PeregrineTook: Does the issue affect all your existing saves, should you have them?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #2151 on: December 06, 2016, 07:45:08 AM »
@PeregrineTook: Does the issue affect all your existing saves, should you have them?
It does.  I have the one back-up file and there's no school in that one either.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2152 on: December 06, 2016, 11:43:36 AM »
Give it a try. Are there other rabbitholes affected, though? It makes me worry for the future of your file.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #2153 on: December 06, 2016, 02:48:58 PM »
Give it a try. Are there other rabbitholes affected, though? It makes me worry for the future of your file.
That's actually a good point.  All of the actual Dragon Valley lots are simply labeled "community lot" when you mouse over them, so that may mess things up moving forward.
I think I'll probably just start over to make sure it doesn't come back to haunt me a few generations into it.
Thanks, Trip.

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2154 on: July 01, 2019, 03:35:25 PM »
I apologize for commenting on this thread as I know there hasn’t been much activity for quite some time, but I ran into a minor issue that I’d like to seek guidance on.

When my heir aged up from a toddler to a child, her third trait never appeared (although I selected it). I’ve tried restarting the game and waiting a full day from when she aged up to see if that would fix it, but she still has only two traits. Is there a workaround for this glitch that’s complaint with the challenge rules, or would I need to wait until I can use a Lifetime Reward to remedy this?

Thank you in advance!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2155 on: July 01, 2019, 09:52:39 PM »
@Shmeggo: Do you have a save from right before her birthday? If not you can turn on testingcheats ONLY to assign her the trait you intended to and then turn it back off. Pretty sure we've had to make this call before, you'll be OK.

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2156 on: July 02, 2019, 08:35:19 PM »
@Trip: I unfortunately didn’t have a save from before her birthday, so I went the testingcheats route to assign the trait and turned it off immediately afterwards. It worked great, and the third trait is now showing up.

Thanks so much for your help!

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2157 on: July 04, 2019, 03:05:34 PM »
I’m back again with another (hopefully) minor issue. I’m still on my first generation, and my founder’s age bar has gone back one day. The other household members aren’t affected. Since his birthday is supposed to be in one day, although his age bar shows two days away from Adult, am I able to use the birthday cake to age him up on his actual birthday, or is this considered a violation of the rules?

I double-checked his age since he was 21 days from Adult when I started the game and I’m now on Week 3, Day 7 (Saturday). 

Thanks again!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2158 on: July 05, 2019, 10:04:49 AM »
@Shmeggo: since it's only your founder, I'd just wait for his age bar to go to zero days naturally instead of aging him up on his "real birthday". If it happens to an heir later on I'll have to think about it.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2159 on: July 11, 2019, 03:14:40 AM »
Never ever really gave this one a good go.

But the rules makes me wonder about something. Does the line about

Anyone can use Edit Town to place EA-created buildings and lots.

just mean community lots, or can empty EA houses be placed as well? Specifically, I'm thinking the Grandpa's Grove house.

anything