Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 654264 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1860 on: July 27, 2013, 06:35:19 AM »
Lady Orc, glad you're trying this again.

First question, you only count 2 days. Keep in mind, though, that if you return at 1 am on the 3rd day, that counts as 3 days.

Second question, each step would be considered an opportunity, but you could do as much of the Morcu Corp adventure as you want, you just can count only 3 of them.

Third question, Private eye cases count as black ops. Supermaxing any of the instruments is next to impossible. You can try, but have a back up. My rock star never got any of the ten opportunities needed.

Hope this helps.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1861 on: July 27, 2013, 06:39:01 AM »
Thanks very much, Private Eye it will be then.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1863 on: July 28, 2013, 06:48:34 AM »
Can the heirs max the skill that none other heir has or will supermax? For example: few careers require athetic skill and I don't want that to be one of my supermax skills. So can multiple heirs master that? And how far can one of the heirs come with the skill that has been supermaxed by the other one? Sorry if this has already been asked, but I'm too lazy to look for it
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1864 on: July 28, 2013, 07:14:06 AM »
hazelnut, I looked over the rules, and there doesn't seem to be any restriction on the Oh my ghost opportunity. But you might want to wait for confirmation from Ricalynn or Metro or ratchie.

butterfly, as long as a skill is not claimed as a supermax, any number of heirs can max it. Just keep track, so that you don't have a Gen 7 heir supermax something that your Gen 1 heir has already maxed.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1865 on: July 28, 2013, 10:45:03 AM »
Is Oh My Ghost allowed in the DecaDynasty?
Ghosts are allowed to be become members of the family so I would believe that Oh My Ghost would be allowed in the challenge. 

And how far can one of the heirs come with the skill that has been supermaxed by the other one? Sorry if this has already been asked, but I'm too lazy to look for it
For skills that have been already been supermaxed, or plan on being used as a supermax skill, other heirs can't reach level 10 - so they can only reach level 9. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1866 on: July 28, 2013, 11:24:33 AM »
hazelnut, I looked over the rules, and there doesn't seem to be any restriction on the Oh my ghost opportunity. But you might want to wait for confirmation from Ricalynn or Metro or ratchie.
Yes, that was also my impression - and I know it's allowed in the Life States (just as well, given how much I used it :). )  I just wanted to make sure that it was OK in DecaDynasties, given that it's banned in Immortal Dynasties.

Ghosts are allowed to be become members of the family so I would believe that Oh My Ghost would be allowed in the challenge. 
I don't think that necessarily follows - there are people using ghosts as spouses in Immortal Dynasties, even though Oh My Ghost isn't allowed, beacuse reanimation rituals and the Philosopher's Stone seem to be OK.  As a non-Supernatural player, I thought I should check.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1867 on: July 28, 2013, 12:21:50 PM »
Yes, that was also my impression - and I know it's allowed in the Life States (just as well, given how much I used it :). )  I just wanted to make sure that it was OK in DecaDynasties, given that it's banned in Immortal Dynasties.
I don't think that necessarily follows - there are people using ghosts as spouses in Immortal Dynasties, even though Oh My Ghost isn't allowed, beacuse reanimation rituals and the Philosopher's Stone seem to be OK.  As a non-Supernatural player, I thought I should check.

I understand where your question comes from.  Each of the dynasties has their particular quirk.  Oh My Ghost is specifically stated as being banned from the Immortal Dynasty.  It is not stated as being banned from the DecaDynasty though, so it would be allowed as long as ghosts are eligible for inclusion in the household. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1868 on: July 31, 2013, 01:22:07 PM »
So, how do I get on the Honor Roll?  My heir child has had an A since Tuesday.  It is now Friday and I have not gotten a message about honor roll.  I have seasons and Thursday was the holiday.  Friday is a snow day.  I forced her to go to school, but she came out at 10am and I can't force her again.  It says school is not in session.  She ages to a teenager on Sunday.  What are my options?  Have I failed already?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1869 on: July 31, 2013, 01:28:19 PM »
With Seasons, you need to tutor the child to get them on the honour roll. To do that, you need someone with level 5 logic. You can't get them onto the honour roll simply by tutoring, you need to spend two full days with an A to get that. So unfortunately, I think you have failed. What I do in my Townie DecaDynasty is set the season length to 10 so you're less likely to have a birthday on a holiday. I also turned off winter and snow so the heir could nearly always go to school.

Good luck if you decide to try again!  :)
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1870 on: July 31, 2013, 01:33:53 PM »
I see that the investigator jobs count as black ops, but do the arhitectural designer ones count too?
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1871 on: July 31, 2013, 01:44:12 PM »
The architectural jobs don't take up an opportunity slot, so no.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #1872 on: August 02, 2013, 10:48:30 PM »
You are aware that once the heir is born then the founders or previous heir is not tied down to any age restrictions. This means you could have used any anti aging tricks. In fact founders can use anti aging tricks right from the beginning.

Rachel

Rachel

Oh silly me!!! I totally skipped that fact! I should have!  :'( Thanks Rachel!
ĄPura vida!

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #1873 on: August 04, 2013, 08:49:37 PM »
Once my heir/ess is born, is it ok to turn the founder into a merman, and still be able to do diving as a supermax?  The heir won't be a mermaid so I would think this would be ok.  Please let me know.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1874 on: August 04, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
The founders can max any skill they want, since they're not heirs. So yes, they can.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded