Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 654088 times)

Offline susiecue

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #2100 on: December 29, 2015, 02:44:21 PM »
@susiecue: Welcome, and you do bring up a good point about the wording.

Maybe a clause of "no other heir can max or SuperMax the same skill"?

That would be much clearer, I think.  Thanks!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #2101 on: December 29, 2015, 03:11:47 PM »
I've tried searching on this, but can't find anything, so thought I'd float it our here and see what input I can gain.  I'd like to have one of my decadynasty heirs max dancing as it becomes a viewable skill if you buy the stiff as a board, light as a feather floor and dance bar.  However, this would basically be the whole reason for me to buy this item and I don't know if dancing has any skill challenges.  The violin, for example, can be maxed, but has no additional skill challenges, so I wasn't sure if dance would end up being the same. 
Does anyone know if dance has skill challenges, and therefore, is worth buying for this challenge?

EDIT:  Think I'll also pose this query in general discussion as some people who have this content may not peruse this particular challenge thread.

SECOND EDIT:  My question was quickly answered.  Dancing, violin, and gambling all have no skill challenges.  Maybe I'll still get the content, but it's a bummer that my heir can't use it.  Maybe if it pops up BlackOps...?  That could be helpful...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2102 on: December 29, 2015, 04:48:52 PM »
@PeregrineTook: I've never seen ops for those skills...honestly don't think that EA really gave a darn about ops after a while for anything (considering how the ITF bug for ops never got fixed).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #2103 on: December 29, 2015, 04:51:55 PM »
@PeregrineTook: I've never seen ops for those skills...honestly don't think that EA really gave a darn about ops after a while for anything (considering how the ITF bug for ops never got fixed).
Grrr, and here I thought I'd found a way to still make the dancing fit.  I already had a good pun in mind for that generation with the whole dancing thing.  Darn it!
Thanks for the input, Trip.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #2104 on: December 30, 2015, 10:50:09 AM »
So, I've run into a glitch issue and worry that I may have to restart.  The aging glitch seems to have descended like an ominous cloud of oppression over Hidden Springs.  Three days into babyhood, my heir and spare for generation 2 still had 3 days until aging up, so I caked them.  The same thing happened as toddlers and now as children.  Then, I realized my first heir should have already hit elder and hasn't.  It seems my entire household is age frozen.  Then, I ran into one of the Shue children (who are children at the beginning of the game) in elementary school.  I'm in generation 2 and he's still a child.  Also, the baby brother of my first heir, born shortly before the move out is still only a toddler.  The young adult consignment store clerk has also never aged.  It seemed like there was aging earlier in the game, but it slowly disappeared as I kept playing.
So, since I'm in the town that time forgot, do I need to restart?

EDIT:  Some of the logic on why I worry that  may need to restart includes the fact that I've already gone past heir 2's birthday in game (by a couple of days, actually) and the concern that my adults failing to age means I won't be able to provide a tombstone.  I've tried the fixes I managed to find posted on the boards here, but it doesn't seem to have fixed the issue.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2105 on: December 30, 2015, 11:19:14 AM »
@PeregrineTook: Yikes. :(

Uh, do you know when the bug might have hit, and do you have a backup save from right before then?

Or do you have a save from before the move? I'd allow you to go back to that and then use a town move.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #2106 on: December 30, 2015, 11:31:20 AM »
@PeregrineTook: Yikes. :(

Uh, do you know when the bug might have hit, and do you have a backup save from right before then?

Or do you have a save from before the move? I'd allow you to go back to that and then use a town move.
No.  I was an idiot and didn't do a backup file.  If I have to restart, at least I've only finished one generation instead of being 5 in like I was on my Life States (which was messed up by an error on my part, so at least this is a game error).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2107 on: December 30, 2015, 11:41:02 AM »
Crap. :(

Though for the Shue kids, the game mechanics might have pushed them to be homeless after their caretaker died. And homeless kids, even in a non-buggy game, don't age correctly.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #2108 on: December 30, 2015, 11:58:39 AM »
Crap. :(

Though for the Shue kids, the game mechanics might have pushed them to be homeless after their caretaker died. And homeless kids, even in a non-buggy game, don't age correctly.
Okay, that's something I didn't know, but it makes sense, I suppose.
So, I'm assuming the answer is yes, I do have to restart my dynasty?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2109 on: December 30, 2015, 12:04:33 PM »
I can't think of another fix, so...yeah.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #2110 on: December 30, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »
I can't think of another fix, so...yeah.
Fair enough.  Thanks for the quick reply so I can get started sooner rather than later.  And I will create a backup file this time!!!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2111 on: December 30, 2015, 02:56:46 PM »
Be careful with the Young Again Potions. They have messed up aging on many a poor simmer. When I used Star Shue, she was aging normally but her brother never got past the child stage.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #2112 on: December 30, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
Be careful with the Young Again Potions. They have messed up aging on many a poor simmer. When I used Star Shue, she was aging normally but her brother never got past the child stage.
Good tip.  I imagine that's what led to the issues.

Offline susiecue

• Nooboo
« Reply #2113 on: December 31, 2015, 03:24:50 PM »
Has anyone completed this challenge with Seasons installed?  Having now tried with several children, achieving the honour roll in elementary school appears to be impossible with only 4 school days a week instead of 5.  (And, yes, I've tried tutoring.)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2114 on: December 31, 2015, 03:36:26 PM »
@susiecue: A think @MarianT might had Seasons installed for at least a portion of her DecaDynasty (it started before the EP was released).

One tip is to make the seasons nine days long instead of seven, as then the holidays land on weekends.