Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 654071 times)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1950 on: December 11, 2013, 06:08:41 PM »
Thank you!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1951 on: December 12, 2013, 10:06:41 PM »
12/12/2013  Rules Addition:

1. Anything that lengthens/shortens life for heirs is forbidden— eating Life Fruit, Ambrosia, make-overs, tattoos, plastic surgery, mud baths, elixirs, Hibernation Chamber, drinking soy milk from the Farm Fresh Folk set, and drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1952 on: December 15, 2013, 01:36:09 AM »
My heir aged up to child and I gave her the technophobe trait to help her stay focused on her painting, but it won't stick. I've tried using the "modify traits" cheat over and over and over again and it still doesn't show up.

Should I just leave it alone and have my heir be minus one trait? Or just keep trying? Or should I try a different trait? I really have no idea why it isn't working now; I've never had problems with this cheat before.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1953 on: December 15, 2013, 04:23:57 AM »
My heir aged up to child and I gave her the technophobe trait to help her stay focused on her painting, but it won't stick. I've tried using the "modify traits" cheat over and over and over again and it still doesn't show up.

Should I just leave it alone and have my heir be minus one trait? Or just keep trying? Or should I try a different trait? I really have no idea why it isn't working now; I've never had problems with this cheat before.
I had a problem with that happening lately, trait refused to stick, but waiting until the next birthday I had no problem adding the trait I picked. So unless it is really necessary you can just wait and add it after she has turned into a teen.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #1954 on: December 15, 2013, 07:03:17 AM »
I've had the same problem with the trait not sticking even after repeatedly using the cheat. It's happened so much that I've taken to using save as and quitting a few hours before the birthday. After quitting the game and starting up again, the trait always sticks.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1955 on: December 15, 2013, 08:01:30 AM »
I had a problem with that happening lately, trait refused to stick, but waiting until the next birthday I had no problem adding the trait I picked. So unless it is really necessary you can just wait and add it after she has turned into a teen.
I've had the same problem with the trait not sticking even after repeatedly using the cheat. It's happened so much that I've taken to using save as and quitting a few hours before the birthday. After quitting the game and starting up again, the trait always sticks.

I finally got it to stick a few days before her teen birthday. ::) I'll keep the restarting trick in mind though, thanks. :)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #1956 on: December 15, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »
I finally got it to stick a few days before her teen birthday. ::) I'll keep the restarting trick in mind though, thanks. :)
Whenever I've had this problem, I send them to the mirror and dresser for their makeover and then try fixing the lost trait. Just another idea to keep in mind.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

MeganNicole

« Reply #1957 on: January 06, 2014, 03:04:59 AM »
Hello!

I'm new to the forum and recently started the Townie DecaDynasty challenge. I have a couple things I was wondering about:

1. In the Edit Town screen, is it okay to move the placement of the Weather Stone within the lot it's on? It's currently in Central Park and I feel like it's sort of in the way, so I was hoping to move it to lower-traffic area of the lot if possible.

2. Since heirs cannot reach level 10 in the same skills and founders are exempt from this rule, I was wondering if non-heirs are exempt as well.

Thank you.  :)

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #1958 on: January 06, 2014, 03:39:21 AM »
2. Since heirs cannot reach level 10 in the same skills and founders are exempt from this rule, I was wondering if non-heirs are exempt as well.

Thank you.  :)

Welcome to the forum! I don't have Seasons so I'll let someone else tackle your first question, but regarding this one yes, non-heirs are exempt as well - they can max any skill or career they want. :)

MeganNicole

« Reply #1959 on: January 06, 2014, 04:27:00 AM »
Oh yay! I was hoping that was the case. Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1960 on: January 07, 2014, 08:27:59 AM »
1. In the Edit Town screen, is it okay to move the placement of the Weather Stone within the lot it's on? It's currently in Central Park and I feel like it's sort of in the way, so I was hoping to move it to lower-traffic area of the lot if possible.

Yes you may.  Remember to do edit town before you choose your founder's home / start the game.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1961 on: January 07, 2014, 09:16:53 AM »
Actually, the Weather stone doesn't get placed until after the game is started. So could there be an exception for that?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1962 on: January 07, 2014, 05:30:35 PM »
@MeganNicole
@MarianT

Yes, boss has granted permission for weather stone to be an exception to go into edit town after game has loaded.

MeganNicole

« Reply #1963 on: January 07, 2014, 07:41:12 PM »
Okay, great. Thank you everyone.  :)

One last question: I've noticed teens are allowed to register at City Hall to be self-employed. Is it okay to do this, or should heirs only have jobs as young adults?

Thanks for all the help!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1964 on: January 07, 2014, 07:50:51 PM »
Sims are allowed to start self-employment as teens.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything