Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1649262 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #960 on: September 15, 2010, 01:23:27 AM »
Man, and I thought I had bad Sims graphics!

That's not a nice thing to say, Simstar.

@Esther:

I did have a nice wedding all set up in my Dynasty, but the only thing I bought from the Romanza set was the wedding gown and veil.  The rest of it was just stock items in the game:  flowers, banquet table, lawn chairs, candles.  I re-colored everything to be white and set it up like an altar thing.  Go take a look at my Dynasty thread and look closely at those wedding shots.  You should be able to identify everything in it in your own game.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #961 on: September 15, 2010, 01:56:20 AM »
@Esther:
I did have a nice wedding all set up in my Dynasty, but the only thing I bought from the Romanza set was the wedding gown and veil.  The rest of it was just stock items in the game:  flowers, banquet table, lawn chairs, candles.  I re-colored everything to be white and set it up like an altar thing.  Go take a look at my Dynasty thread and look closely at those wedding shots.  You should be able to identify everything in it in your own game.

You pretty much read my mind, Pam. I was gonna say that you could buy a few key items, and then get everything else from in the game and style it to suit you. A wedding cake should've come with the base game, in my opinion. With the Romanza set they just could've made it fancier or something. I've been dreading throwing a party of any sort, so any of my Sims that got married did the private wedding thing. I read the the excellent (and funny) section of the guide on throwing a successful party, but I had such a hard time doing it in the Sims 2 that I've been putting it off.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #962 on: September 15, 2010, 02:49:36 AM »
@Esther: I want you make sure you know that I only mentioned your graphics settings in case they had been accidentally made lower than your computer required. I, of course, understand and am pleased that you enjoy playing The Sims as you have it.  :)
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #963 on: September 15, 2010, 05:56:47 AM »
I had such a hard time doing it in the Sims 2 that I've been putting it off.

It was hard in TS2 ( I never had much success) but you really should try again, it's so much easier. I just use the buffet table, a stereo and sometime a juice bar and just leave everyone to their own devices. My parties have mostly been awesome verging on epic even the one where Grim came calling for Agnes Crumplebottom then stayed long enough to play with my sim goggles!

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #964 on: September 15, 2010, 10:23:02 AM »
That's not a nice thing to say, Simstar.
Sorry! :'( I didn't know... :(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #965 on: September 15, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »
My Sim decided to camp out in the Sphinx. At least she was toasty warm!

I actually placed the tent before she entered the Sphinx and triggered the traps. I was so surprised that the game allowed her to still sleep in the tent. Talk about floor heating!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #966 on: September 15, 2010, 03:31:16 PM »
lol, can't complain about it being a cold night in that tomb!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #967 on: September 15, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »
@ Pam, I just went and rechecked it, yes I see that now! You have alot of creativity!

@ Simstar, it's ok I've never noticed it!

@ Llamamama, Like I said to Simstar, I never noticed! I never mess with my graphics cause I don't want to mess my game up! I'm playing it the way it was when I played the first time!

@ Lilygirl, I've never seen the tent on fire before, that's cool!

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #968 on: September 15, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
It was hard in TS2 ( I never had much success) but you really should try again, it's so much easier. I just use the buffet table, a stereo and sometime a juice bar and just leave everyone to their own devices. My parties have mostly been awesome verging on epic even the one where Grim came calling for Agnes Crumplebottom then stayed long enough to play with my sim goggles!

LOL! I love that pic! And considering the way they act when Grim comes calling, it's amazing they still had such a good time.

Sim 1: "Remember that great party we went to a few months ago?"
Sim 2: "The one where Agnes died?"
Sim 1: "Yeah, that one. Wasn't it the most fun you've ever had at a party?"
Sim 2: "Uh huh! I wish they'd throw another one. It was epic!"

;D

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #969 on: September 18, 2010, 02:03:13 AM »

This is my recent founder, Jessica Rabbit. This shot documents that contrary to her appearance in the following pictures, she really is beautiful.
This is the outfit she does everything in, from unclogging the toilet, to gardening or digging in the junkyard. She knows she is beautiful and must dress the part.

Jessica plays chess for the first time . "Ooh! This is so hard!"
The tourist warns her that her face might stay that way.

Jessica has just learned that she's pregnant. Demurely, and with great poignancy, she imagines telling her Man (apparently Anne T. Septic) the good news.

Beneath the 27th Bluebird of Happiness painting she's churned out, Jessica and Shark get reacquainted on vacation, away from the demands of kids and work.
Jessica gets down and funky to prove to her man that despite being nearly elder, she's still his kind of woman.
Shark secretly hopes she'll stay that way.

I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #970 on: September 18, 2010, 11:57:03 AM »
This is my recent founder, Jessica Rabbit. This shot documents that contrary to her appearance in the following pictures, she really is beautiful.
This is the outfit she does everything in, from unclogging the toilet, to gardening or digging in the junkyard. She knows she is beautiful and must dress the part.

1. I love her name. I love that film.
2. Her dress - is it from the store? It's beautiful!
3. Jessica's chess expression is priceless :)
Grr Argh!

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #971 on: September 18, 2010, 03:23:22 PM »
Thanks, glad you enjoyed the pics. Yes, the dress is the sarong, recolored.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #972 on: September 20, 2010, 02:57:20 AM »
This was funny and I am sure most of you have seen it.  I was playing my dynasty and I had the camera rotated in such a position, that I could see Alto's house from the front.  I kept seeing people going out the front door, going to the side of house and going somewhere, so I moved the camera over to the house to see where everyone was going and saw Nick Alto running to town from behind his house, just a beatin feet.  I guess since my dynasty founder stole the car, they were too cheap to take a taxi to town, so Nick probably thought, "eh, I will just take this mile shortcut, down the revine and through the trees to go to the bookstore".  Too funny. ;D

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #973 on: September 20, 2010, 03:00:53 AM »
This is my recent founder, Jessica Rabbit.

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way..
I thought I knew the name, but it wasn't till I walked into the lounge room today to find my daughter watching it.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #974 on: September 20, 2010, 03:58:49 AM »
Hehe. It wasn't a favorite movie of mine, but I knew the look I was going for, and Brenda Starr is a pretty ancient reference. Besides, the last name of Rabbit opens up so many naming ideas for a legacy!

anything