Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1647943 times)

Leto85

Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #1020 on: October 11, 2010, 03:52:23 PM »
Yes!  An underage non-licensed teenager took his mother's rental car for a joy ride.  He didn't know how to drive and careened around the corner, across the yard, and into the living room of my neighbor lived across the street.  The poor woman who lived there was 8 months pregnant when this car came crashing into her house in the middle of the night.  Her police officer husband was at work, so she came to get me.  There was a Buick sitting halfway into her living room.  It was horrible.  Luckily, nobody was hurt, but their house had to be practically rebuilt.

Wow Pam, first I thought you where talking about something that had happens in your game, but even in real life this is scary. Did that kid get a money penalty when caught?

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #1021 on: October 12, 2010, 02:20:21 AM »
Okay, this is odd. All I can say is I'm glad it didn't happen while the da Vinci Challenge was still open. Anyway, tonight I open the file with my da Vinci couple, and start playing with them again. When I had stopped my Challenge game, it was Wednesday, two something AM. I play them through into the next morning when I get a pop-up message that Baxter (the husband and cook) had an hour until his carpool showed up. I thought that was really weird, since he's been at the top of the chef career long enough that he usually pulled in about 3k for each of the nights he worked:  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So I look at his career and it says he's District Superintendent. I don't know what happened. I can only assume it was a bug or glitch.

His wife still had the same career and level as she did before, and I can't see anything else different. The job he suddenly had was the top of the Education career. There was a brief time the night before that he was working from home (Workaholic Trait) while I was having Jazz (the da Vinci and wife) run around looking for collectables now that I could make money from them. I don't know how he could've quit being a 5 Star Chef and gotten to the top of the Education career in that brief time frame, though. I had him call and quit immediately, of course.

Anything like this happen to anyone else?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #1022 on: October 12, 2010, 02:27:31 AM »
Yes!  An underage non-licensed teenager took his mother's rental car for a joy ride.  He didn't know how to drive and careened around the corner, across the yard, and into the living room of my neighbor lived across the street.  The poor woman who lived there was 8 months pregnant when this car came crashing into her house in the middle of the night.  Her police officer husband was at work, so she came to get me.  There was a Buick sitting halfway into her living room.  It was horrible.  Luckily, nobody was hurt, but their house had to be practically rebuilt.

That's terrible! I'm glad no one was hurt, because it could've been a lot worse. There's a real problem in the D.C. metropolitan area with kids stealing cars, joyriding, and then, I don't know if it's deliberate, crashing them. Yes, I live at least two hours from there, but they're still my "local" news stations. At least when my brother tried to drive off in my mom's car, he was three years old and didn't know better!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #1023 on: October 12, 2010, 11:48:44 AM »
Okay, this is odd. All I can say is I'm glad it didn't happen while the da Vinci Challenge was still open. Anyway, tonight I open the file with my da Vinci couple, and start playing with them again. When I had stopped my Challenge game, it was Wednesday, two something AM. I play them through into the next morning when I get a pop-up message that Baxter (the husband and cook) had an hour until his carpool showed up. I thought that was really weird, since he's been at the top of the chef career long enough that he usually pulled in about 3k for each of the nights he worked:  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So I look at his career and it says he's District Superintendent. I don't know what happened. I can only assume it was a bug or glitch.

His wife still had the same career and level as she did before, and I can't see anything else different. The job he suddenly had was the top of the Education career. There was a brief time the night before that he was working from home (Workaholic Trait) while I was having Jazz (the da Vinci and wife) run around looking for collectables now that I could make money from them. I don't know how he could've quit being a 5 Star Chef and gotten to the top of the Education career in that brief time frame, though. I had him call and quit immediately, of course.

Anything like this happen to anyone else?

Actually I have but it was in the Random Wishmaster Challenge and I think it was contributed to used the time machine but I am not really sure. That is just what I had assumed it was from. I don't know really though. She was a police officer and then sudden she changed for work which ironically started at the same time and she was a rock star or something in that field I just left it since it didn't make a huge difference in that challenge. Had your Sim maybe went into the time machine anytime between the last work day and then?

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #1024 on: October 12, 2010, 08:46:44 PM »
Actually I have but it was in the Random Wishmaster Challenge and I think it was contributed to used the time machine but I am not really sure. That is just what I had assumed it was from. I don't know really though. She was a police officer and then sudden she changed for work which ironically started at the same time and she was a rock star or something in that field I just left it since it didn't make a huge difference in that challenge. Had your Sim maybe went into the time machine anytime between the last work day and then?

He'd never time-traveled. I keep an eye on what they're doing often enough that I wouldn't have missed that. Was your Sim at the same level in the career she suddenly "transferred" to?

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #1025 on: October 13, 2010, 05:43:42 PM »
I don't remember if she was or not. I wanna say yes but then at the same time I am thinking maybe not so really I don't remember. I didn't pay to much attention to it since it didn't make a difference in the game and it was near the end.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #1026 on: October 14, 2010, 08:12:54 PM »
I don't remember if she was or not. I wanna say yes but then at the same time I am thinking maybe not so really I don't remember. I didn't pay to much attention to it since it didn't make a difference in the game and it was near the end.

Ah, okay. Well, I can understand that. I remember when the Wishmaster challenge ended I was so happy; finally I could choose what the Sims I played wore!   ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1027 on: October 20, 2010, 01:50:52 PM »

This really isn't anything new, but I did not want to start a new thread just to show this picture and the only ones that will remember the Baby Boomer 1 challenge is the older members that played the challenge.  I have been playing that same family off and on since the challenge was over, but lately, have really been playing the family.  All of the original family members are now gone, parents and ten children and this is the screenshot of the family cemetary.  It was kind of sad when the last one pass away.  The last few sims were well over 100.  The three plots in the upper right corner are one of the girls mother that married into the family and the other two are also family members.  Now there is two more generations in the household, all female and that is getting ready to change.  This has been alot of fun to play this old game.  Strange, out of all of that family, only one got the big tombstone.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #1028 on: October 20, 2010, 03:23:50 PM »
About that, how can you say which tombstone it's gonna be?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1029 on: October 20, 2010, 04:21:36 PM »
Depends on if they have reached their lifetime wish and how many items they have bought with their lifetime happiness points.  I have had them get the big tombstone with just having a ton of the items bought with the points and I have had them get the big tombstone with just getting their LTW and a few happiness items.  Basically it boils down to their accomplishments in their lifetime. :D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #1030 on: October 20, 2010, 04:46:45 PM »
Depends on if they have reached their lifetime wish and how many items they have bought with their lifetime happiness points.  I have had them get the big tombstone with just having a ton of the items bought with the points and I have had them get the big tombstone with just getting their LTW and a few happiness items.  Basically it boils down to their accomplishments in their lifetime. :D

I read somewhere that if they had over 150,000 points they will get the big one. I think it might have been in Pam's Dynasty but don't quote me on it!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1031 on: October 20, 2010, 04:49:37 PM »
I think your Sims have to have a high LTHP count to get the Big Stone, a Completed LTW seems to Guarantee my Sims a Big one.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1032 on: October 21, 2010, 06:29:31 AM »
I don't recall the number required, but it's the number of Lifetime Happiness Points accrued that determine the size of the tombstone.  It doesn't matter if they are spent or not.  At one point, I thought it was getting their Lifetime Wish that let them have at least the medium tombstone, but was corrected and told that it's purely based on happiness points.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

FleurDeLune

« Reply #1033 on: October 21, 2010, 07:57:24 AM »

I always meditate in front of the dryer ... don't you?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #1034 on: October 21, 2010, 10:20:01 AM »
Totally! I can't imagine doing it anywhere else! ;D
Formerly Simstar3