Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1631031 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #255 on: April 02, 2010, 03:02:26 PM »

This is a test character for the upcoming Political "Traiter" Challenge. He has just finished a brief conversation with the Magician in the park when he essentially became part of the wall.

"You go ahead. I'll catch up later."

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #256 on: April 02, 2010, 03:15:24 PM »
I think you might have upset the magician in some way Metro.
You should know better than to agitate an unknown, probably evil, warlock you find on the street; he can transform your sim into a wall/sim hybrid in the blink of an eye! :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #257 on: April 02, 2010, 03:31:43 PM »
Haha, wow Swede, I'll definitely think twice before I go around talking to those Magicians. ;)
Me thinks my sim doesn't want to be turned into a wall-hybrid.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #258 on: April 02, 2010, 11:42:49 PM »
After finishing the Baby Boomer II challenge, I continued playing my Brady family.  Marsha had twins with Mortimer Goth.  I named them after their father, so they were Goth Brady and Morti Brady.  Both girls had Cornelia Goth's purple hair.  Very cute.  Marsha and Mortimer started going steady and then Marsha proposed marriage, so they got engaged.  While she was visiting Mortimer at the Goth Mansion with the twin toddlers, he asked her to move in.  I still had Jan, Peter, and Bobby at home, so I let Marsha and the twins move in with Mortimer and I no longer controlled them.  I watch everything through the family tree and saw that Marsha had given birth to another set of twin girls!  Fun!  Then I realized that they had moved out of the Goth Mansion into a new house I planted on that undeveloped street (I don't recall the name).  I figured they needed a better place to raise their four girls.  This is all fun and interesting for me to watch story progression.  But then the funniest part was that Marsha and Mortimer got married!  Apparently Mortimer initiated the ceremony because Marsha took his name and is now Marsha Goth.  Well, when the mother marries and changes her name, her kids also change their names.  So, now (seriously), there is a little girl named Goth Goth in town.  Hahaha!!  That just cracks me up.  I love this game!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #259 on: April 03, 2010, 08:24:40 AM »
Goth Goth? That's too funny Pam! ;D

bshag

« Reply #260 on: April 04, 2010, 01:15:38 PM »
What happened to their hair??? :o

I definitely do not remember this style being in the choices.  :P

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: April 04, 2010, 03:55:18 PM »
That's been a hairstyle since the beginning, bshag.  I see it around town sometimes.  Is that in Riverview?  There's a townie there who has that style a lot.  That might even be her.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: April 04, 2010, 04:29:25 PM »
Wow, that hairstyle does irritate me sometimes, because it always goes on the sims that it doesn't look good on! I can't wait for ambitions, that way I can fix it, but anyways, my Sim had met a girl as a child (so I'm sitting here thinking, aww, they could be childhood sweethearts, right?) well she grew up fast and got that hair style and it didn't look good on her, I still wanted them to be together, but to me that hair just didn't look right.
Sometimes I wonder why the stuff seems so randomized, like don't they know they are walking around looking like a parrot blew up over their outfit or what? I guess not... because I've seen Sim's grow into some crazy outfits... I only wish I had a picture of it now!

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #263 on: April 04, 2010, 04:49:46 PM »
If you think that hairstyle is bad (and I agree ::)), then it's still nothing from Sims 1. If there were a way of changing their hairstyle after they were created, I sure never found out. Since the generations never shifted the issue came seldomly up, but one time my son was born with a child hairstyle that had the ugliest wizard hat imaginable with absolutely no way of changing it even though he was technically under my control (you didn't get to choose hairs when they were born and grew up). I still get the shivers from that, hugh. Horrible.

Still, even compared to the real life those hairstyles on those photos aren't the worst you've seen. There's supposed to be people that have expressive hairstyles everywhere and I've always thought that Sims has a generally conservative taste for that stuff. Practically speaking, that is how ugly the hairstyles get in the game; it still looks bad, but nowadays it could've been worse.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: April 04, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »
Still, even compared to the real life those hairstyles on those photos aren't the worst you've seen. There's supposed to be people that have expressive hairstyles everywhere and I've always thought that Sims has a generally conservative taste for that stuff. Practically speaking, that is how ugly the hairstyles get in the game; it still looks bad, but nowadays it could've been worse.
Yes, you are right about that! I've seen a few of those hairstyles in real life and they are a bit repulsive.

And I'm very sorry to hear about you being scarred for life from that wizard hat. Must have been awful! I'm almost glad I didn't play Sims 1 for that very reason. I don't think I can handle watching a kid grow up wearing something like that.  :-X

bshag

« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »
That's been a hairstyle since the beginning, bshag.  I see it around town sometimes.  Is that in Riverview?  There's a townie there who has that style a lot.  That might even be her.
Oh ok, I'd never noticed that style before in CAS.  I thought it was a glitchy hairstyle. :D  One of those females is Anita Lobos and the other is Yuri Ivanov's wife, I forgot her name, both in Riverview.  My first thought was, oh no, now ridiculous glitched hairs are going to start invading my game. :D

Lol swede, I remember that stupid hat...and they had it forever. :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2010, 08:12:39 PM »
One of those females is Anita Lobos and the other is Yuri Ivanov's wife, I forgot her name, both in Riverview. 

Is it Anita Lobos?  Or maybe her sister Carlotta?  Plus, I think it's Yuri's daughter who gets that hairstyle as a teenager.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2010, 09:22:03 PM »

Annabella Lwin, lead singer of Bow Wow Wow.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2010, 11:06:42 PM »
Well, now we know where Sims 3 got the idea for the hair!  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #269 on: April 06, 2010, 05:31:45 AM »
not sure if this has been shown before but:

where does Brent Grande go to eat his cereal when i've deleted all the chairs and couch except the chair in front of the chessboard? why, the toilet of course!

no one think my sim eating cereal on toilet is funny? :(