Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1631560 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #285 on: April 09, 2010, 03:55:39 PM »
Samoht is right. I am one of those weird people who read what ever patch entitles, but anyways, on one of the more recent patches it says that Sims you have once played within your neighborhood will not be affected by the regular story progression of Sims moving away or Dying. I thought that was a good idea, but it also it pretty much recommends afterwords to not try to affect too many houses otherwise the game won't run smoothly because it can't kill of regular Sims/move them away.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #286 on: April 09, 2010, 06:54:26 PM »
hmmmm yes my sims sat on toilet to eat when there were no chairs they wanted to sit on. kinda annoying when another sim wanted to have a shower but they didn't want to undress in front of the sim eating their breakfast on the toilet. lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #287 on: April 10, 2010, 04:57:57 AM »
Yeah, It says If you have played them in that game then they will stay in th eneighborhood but others will still move out or "disaspear"  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #288 on: April 10, 2010, 01:02:32 PM »
I don't know if this is just my imagination, but it seems like if the neighborhood is overcrowded that townies will age up faster than the ones you're currently playing.  In one of my Legacies there was a teen who my teen was friends with, I was hoping that they might become more than "just friends" as adults.  Well, the other teen aged from young adult, to adult, to elder before my teen was even a young adult.  Maybe I'm totally wrong and I was just mistaken, but it sure seems like this happens sometimes.  I'll have a young adult sim looking for another young adult to be a potential spouse, and before I know it they've become adults and then elders before I can make up my mind about them.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #289 on: April 10, 2010, 04:01:14 PM »
I don't know if this is just my imagination, but it seems like if the neighborhood is overcrowded that townies will age up faster than the ones you're currently playing.  In one of my Legacies there was a teen who my teen was friends with, I was hoping that they might become more than "just friends" as adults.  Well, the other teen aged from young adult, to adult, to elder before my teen was even a young adult.  Maybe I'm totally wrong and I was just mistaken, but it sure seems like this happens sometimes.  I'll have a young adult sim looking for another young adult to be a potential spouse, and before I know it they've become adults and then elders before I can make up my mind about them.

That is exactly the reason I keep aging off! I hate it when that happens!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #290 on: April 10, 2010, 04:46:09 PM »
My game is the opposite, Mortimer Goth lasted till Generation 3 of my Legacy Family game!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #291 on: April 10, 2010, 05:57:44 PM »
Wow, really? I've never had a Sim do that before, maybe once but it was only one age level up faster than I thought she would... not all of them... That is so strange.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #292 on: April 10, 2010, 10:42:22 PM »
I had Gunther Goth live for about three generations once.  He was elderly and just didn't die.  It was very strange.  I've seen the premature aging once or twice, but not often.  I don't think it would be related to the town being overcrowded.  I doubt it's even possible for that to happen because there are only so many houses available and a certain amount of them are always empty if you want to move.  I think the game would keep itself balanced out by just having families leave town, just like new families come to town to populate it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #293 on: April 10, 2010, 11:07:57 PM »
I had a sim, Jon Lesson keep on going too.  I think he was like 250 days over his day to go.  I finally had to age him up and let grimmy come and get him.  I do not like doing that, but good grief, when it is time to go, it is time to go.

I did have something else weird happen.  My little sim was playing guitar for tips in front of theatre and she stopped because someone was having a baby.  It was a friend of hers, so she took her to the hospital, or I  should say, walked her to the hospital, anyway, she went in the hospital with her and the friend came out with baby in her arms and the sim that took her got the new baby moodlet.  They were not in the same household or anything, but I guess since she took her and witnessed it, it must have given her the moodlet.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2010, 11:22:51 PM »
I've had the baby moodlet thing happen a couple of times.  Most recently, I had a Sim visiting my house go into labor and I deliberately had one of my family members take her to the hospital so she would get that moodlet.

A little update on my starved ghost...  I had planned for her to marry the heir and maybe produce ghost babies.  However, the constant ghost sounds, having no voice, and always scaring people got very annoying.  Instead of bringing her all the way back with Ambrosia, I just aged her up a couple of times.  Oh, what a bad idea!  After elderly, I aged her up one more time and, of course, she didn't die because she was already dead.  Grim didn't come.  She just returned to the netherworld and went back to her grave.  Ok, that's all fine and dandy except that her fiance is still engaged to her and cannot marry anyone else!  They didn't break up and she didn't die, so they are still engaged.  Argh!!  My plan at the moment is to see if her ghost will come out and haunt the house, in which case I'll try to get him to break up with her.  If that doesn't work, I'll just have to let him move a lady friend into the house and change the baby's name after it's born.  I can't believe I was so stupid!  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2010, 11:49:42 PM »
My plan at the moment is to see if her ghost will come out and haunt the house, in which case I'll try to get him to break up with her.  If that doesn't work, I'll just have to let him move a lady friend into the house and change the baby's name after it's born.  I can't believe I was so stupid!  ;D
Keep us posted with what happens Pam, I am curious how it will play out. I know what you mean at that moment when you thump your forehead and say, "Noooo, Now why did you do that? That was just plain stupid!".  lol, Oh well...

[Edited to fix quote codes.  -Pam]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: April 11, 2010, 04:03:26 AM »
Someone made a thread yesterday on Ghost - Ghost marriages, he couldn't get it to work...

- http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,911.0.html

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #297 on: April 11, 2010, 07:27:47 AM »
Bad luck Pam! After they've returned to the netherworld it can take a while until they appear again to haunt.

Regarding that uncontrolled-sims-never-die conversation: In my oldest save Pauline Wan stayed a young adult indefinitely. Normally, around 5-6 generations had passed outside my household (the ones on ambrosia), but Pauline was still alive! Just for fun, without saving, I added her to my household and saw that she had probably aged 3 days into young adult when Hank Goddard had been dead for ages! I concluded for myself that it was a glitch, but if other people here also experiences problems with uncontrolled sims aging, then it's maybe more like a bug in programming.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #298 on: April 11, 2010, 12:57:50 PM »
Now infants can drown too! I whited out the last name cause its a bad word.
[Removed the picture. You missed a mentioning of the name. - Swede]

Sorry Swede and everyone else!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #299 on: April 11, 2010, 01:13:36 PM »
I whited out the last name cause its a bad word.

Tut Tut!  ;D Why did you have a bad word as a families last name?  :o

anything