Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1631126 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2010, 02:20:15 PM »
I actually think that the deaths and the way they die are randomized.
So if the population gets too crowded you might find a firefighter dying by electrocution or by drowning, depends on what the "dice of fate" roll out for the Sims. :)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2010, 02:26:51 PM »
I whited out the last name cause its a bad word.

Tut Tut!  ;D Why did you have a bad word as a families last name?  :o
Because I've run out of good words for the families so I'm using bad ones now lol So no one is safe if the town gets too crowded? That's a scary thought  ;D :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2010, 02:53:31 PM »
lol, anyway if you have played the houshold of another family they won't die or move out unless they die of Old Age.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2010, 03:48:55 PM »
lol, anyway if you have played the houshold of another family they won't die or move out unless they die of Old Age.  ;)
Yes, exactly, now this also means that if you have a heir and a spare (using legacy terms because it's just easier to explain this way) and the heir takes over the family, and you marry the spare and move them out, the spare's children have a chance of being one of those randomized deaths, HOWEVER the Spare, and the person you married in, are not subject of it until they die from old age. Yet, if you would have had your spare stay in the house until he had a child, then moved that portion of the family out, the child that you had your spare have WITHIN your household, would not die until it was of old age as well.
This can also mean that if you changed households, those households would not be subject to the randomization.
This is the exact same thing for when Sims "move away"

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2010, 04:52:23 PM »
So in other words, my kids are immune to it, but my grandkids aren't? That would definitely explain why alot of my grandkids die!

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »
Gah! Looks like somebody has been throwing babies into pools! How cruel!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2010, 06:15:50 PM »
So in other words, my kids are immune to it, but my grandkids aren't? That would definitely explain why alot of my grandkids die!
Yes, that's pretty much it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #307 on: April 11, 2010, 07:09:32 PM »
There was supposed to be a Ghost Girl at my Primary School... We had a pond and an Old School House which was old and no one lived there, Year 6 (last year) got to go inside and it was creepy and dusty, there was like 3 years worth of names in the dust on the door!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #308 on: April 11, 2010, 08:03:55 PM »
My ghost situation has been resolved.  Danita finally came out to haunt the house and Morpheus broke up with her.  She's back in the graveyard now and he has married another.  Once the engagement was broken, there was no problem getting the proposals to come up.  They are expecting their first nooboo.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #309 on: April 12, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
That's great news Pam! Congratulations on your success and for the new addition coming to your Sims family! Thanks for the update.

This makes me wonder if the reason Morgana Wolff and Christopher Steel never get the proposal option to come up because Thorton Wolff is still alive in my town. I have made Thorton and Morgana break up and they have been for a long time. I finally moved Morgana and Christopher into the same house and changed her last name to Steel, but the proposal option never comes up. Hmmm (*thinking)...This may not be good news for Thorton....hmmm. lol.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2010, 11:34:01 AM »
It's easy if you just put a wall around a pool and go out to the park or something...  ;)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2010, 01:07:42 PM »
Yes, that's pretty much it.
Thanks! At least I know now why alot of my grandkids die!

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #312 on: April 14, 2010, 09:04:55 AM »
I came across something really funny the other day whilst tomb exploring. I doubt it's new and i'm sure other's have seen it but it was so funny I couldn't stop laughing for the entire evening.

My sim Eva DuPont has the following skills: Brave, Athletic, Genius, Disciplined, and... can't remember. Anyhow, whilst in one of the tombs she failed to cross a fire trap and got caught on fire. Next thing I know she's throwing an absolute hissy fit and tantrum cause she failed crossing the trap. Literally she stamped her foot on the ground, got angry, and kicked the wall repeatedly. The simlish was hilarious. After her tantrum she finally realised that she was on fire, this absolute look of shock came on her face, before she proceeded to belly flop into the diving well. I was laughing so hard that I didn't take any photos. I've been trying to get her to fail a crossing again so I could see it but unfortunately she's too good!

bshag

« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2010, 11:53:24 AM »
That does sound funny :D...the pics would have been good.  Nope, never had a sim kick the wall and cuss in simlish. :D

You sure she didn't have the hot-headed trait...they tend to get a bit peeved when things don't go their way. :D

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #314 on: April 14, 2010, 03:29:54 PM »
Nope she doesn't have the hot-headed trait. I just remembered, it's the adventurer trait, so it's brave, disciplined, genius, athletic, adventurer.

I guess she doesn't like to lose!  :D

anything