Author Topic: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story  (Read 118101 times)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2019, 04:00:53 PM »
Chapter 81-- Baby Boom

Jo actually heads inside while the sisters bond over their pregnancies.

Carly: "I heard you and Mom---twin boys! That's so exciting, especially since you already have twin girls! Wow, and they are kicking up a storm. Feels like a soccer game in there!"

Evie: "Tell me about it! And they do that all day and all night long. And I'm still getting sick---ugh!"
Screenshot-275.jpg

Evie: "And look at you Carly, congratulations! You look so tiny compared to me, I'm as big as a mountain!"

Carly: "But it's early days for me yet, Evie, and you're having twins, so they've got to have room to grow."

Evie: "That's true. Oh, let's have a sister Spa day! We both need some pampering."
Screenshot-280.jpg

And Des writes up his last report on their special ops case which they solved just in time for both of them to become parents again!
Screenshot-207.jpg

And he includes a few incriminating photos from forensics.

Apparently, the 'innocent' wine barrels were full of stolen goods and contraband!
Screenshot-71.jpg

The dumpsters outside weren't full of trash either as Des found out when he looked under the first smelly layer!

Des *thinking as he types it all up* That smelled disgusting, but there were stacks and stacks of bills in there. Either stolen or counterfeit, I'm sure!*
Screenshot-179.jpg

Jo joins Torre for some peg box time while Karlie Jo naps.

Jo *softly* "Let's play quietly while sissy sleeps. Where does the yellow triangle go sweetie?"
Screenshot-298.jpg

And Shawn and Crewe enjoy a chess rematch.

The two of them are quite competitive and with Shawn being a Genius he does have a bit of an advantage.

Even so, Shawn sometimes resorts to a bit of distraction!

Shawn: "So how's the body building going dad? Getting in any training?"

Crewe: *focusing on the game* "Nope. Not going to work this time buddy boy! I caught on to that trick last time we played!"

Shawn*grinning* "Can't blame me for trying dad! You were beating the pants off me that game!"
Screenshot-300.jpg

Hearing his granddaughter wake up from her nap, Crewe gets her out of her crib.

Crewe *softly* "Papa's here sweetling. Let's get you changed, dressed and fed."

With three kids of his own, and two being twins, along with all his other grandkids, this is all old hat for Crewe and something he takes in stride.
Screenshot-315.jpg

And then he spends some time with Evie, chatting with his expected grandsons.

Crewe: "You little guys need to settle down and let mommy rest. Plenty of time out here to run and play with papa."

Evie * smiling wryly* "Wish that kind of logic worked on them dad! But I'm going to count on your help. You, mom and lots of sitters!"
Screenshot-348.jpg

And they're not the only ones discussing babies.

Carly *anxiously* "You are happy about the baby right Des?"

Des *trying not to smile* "No, I refuse to do this again…. I demand you NOT be expecting right now! Of course I'm happy sweetheart! It's a little sooner than we'd planned on, but I'm sure that's my fault---you are just so irresistible when you smile at me!"
Screenshot-355.jpg

They head to the nursery and Des puts a hand on Carly's tummy.

Des: "I can feel those little fluttery jumps. Nothing like Evie's two, I could see her belly move across the room!"

Carly: "Well, she's having twins and she's due any minute, but's let's hope we have just one this time!"

Des: "I'm with you on that!"
Screenshot-381.jpg

But with the twins busy and happily playing, and Des being so tender, their baby moment quickly turns romantic.

Carly: "You know, you are quite irresistible yourself!" *gives him her flirty smile*
Screenshot-387.jpg

And then the phone rings and in a rush JoAnna and Crewe fly across town!

And they meet new daddy Carl holding one of his sons.

Carl *proudly* "Well, they got the two boys right! This one's Mark. He's got pink sparkles and he's Artistic and Athletic like his Papa Crewe!  But go check out the nursery and see our other little guy!"
Screenshot-395.jpg

So the excited grandparents head off to the nursery.

Crewe plays with little Rico, the eldest, who sports the first yellow sparkles ever in the Frio clan!

He's  Good, like his Mom, and Athletic like his Papa Crewe and brother Mark.
Screenshot-406.jpg

Then Jo lets out an exclamation of shock and surprise as she picks up a darling baby girl with green sparkles!

Little Deanna Ichtaca, a Brave and Artistic fairy, who was hiding between her brothers!

She's inherited traits from both her Dad and her Papa Crewe.

Jo: "Triplets!?! Oh gosh Crewe, she's just adorable! But three of them! Evie must be beside herself with shock!"
Screenshot-399.jpg

But Evie calmly brings little Mark to his crib and gets him settled now that he's been fed and changed.

And we take a moment to get used to this idea. Triplets. After twins. Five Ichtaca children!

Fate really does have a sense of humor or maybe that's irony!
Screenshot-408.jpg

But where has our new mother gone?

I find Evie soaking in the hot tub in her outerwear, of course. That hasn't changed at least!

Dee *still in total shock* "Evie, what can I say? Congratulations of course! But wow, I never even dreamed triplets. You do realize I had nothing to do with this, right?"

Evie *very calmly* "I beg to differ on that Watcher! Aren't you forgetting something?"

Dee *puzzled* "I don't think so…Oh no! The fertility reward…I didn't!"

Evie: "Yup, that would be it! Right before Carl and I moved out, I think."

Dee: "Oh, Evie, but I never thought triplets after the twins. I actually forgot all about it."

Evie. "Me too. And once the doctor told us twins, we got used to that. But triplets was a bit of a shock, so I'm just going to sit here and soak a while. If you don't mind?"

Dee: "Oh, no, soak away Evie. We'll get some sitters lined up and maybe some live in help!"

Evie: *eyes closed and relaxing* "That would be super Watcher. Please do!"
Screenshot-414.jpg

Back at the main Frio home, Carly and Des are busy with their twins and just waiting for the new to baby arrive.

And with Evie's and Carl's triplet news, more anxious than ever that they have only one!

But for now, Carly's concentrating on helping Karlie Jo master talking.

Carly: "Papa Crewe writes books. Lots and lots of books!"

Karlie Jo: "Books."
Screenshot-361.jpg

Des put Torre in his highchair and was going to make him some baby food, but the little guy was too hungry to wait and was getting very upset!
Screenshot-223.jpg

So Des gives him a bottle instead.

Des: "You can try out the pollen punch in the fairy house young man, instead of getting stuck out there in the snow, cold and hungry. And don't look at me like that! I may not be a fairy but I've lived with a few of them long enough to know what I'm talking about!"

Torre just hungrily drinks his bottle still giving his daddy a skeptical look.
Screenshot-226.jpg

And with talking mastered, Carly takes a moment to relax with Karlie Jo in the rocker.
Screenshot-204.jpg

Then Sam joins the little fairy toddler in the nursery.

Sam: "Well, hello, sweet one. I'll just sit here and keep you company for a bit while Mommy gets some sleep."
Screenshot-216.jpg

Then the twins play at the blocks table chatting happily together and becoming friends.
Screenshot-438.jpg

After her nap, Carly heads downstairs to play piano for a bit.

And with the twins occupied, Des and Jo join her to listen to her new song, but she doesn't play for long.

It's baby time, with the usual panic from family and the mother-to-be panting, breathing, and focused on delivery!
Screenshot-452.jpg

And it's a boy! Just one darling little boy!

Carly and Des welcome little Matt Frio with snuggles and cheers and a sigh of relief!

He's Neurotic, like Papa Crewe and his cousin Ariel, but has green sparkles like Carly.

But they may have a hint of blue. Oh, how cool would turquoise wings be!?

But we won't know for sure until he's a toddler.

But we do know he's Perceptive, which is a unique trait for a Frio!
Screenshot-474.jpg

Wow, four new fairy additions to the Frio clan! That is some baby boom!

With three of them being Evie and Carl's triplets: Rico, Deanna, and Mark.

You could have knocked me out of my chair when I read that message on my screen!

And another potential heir with Carly and Des' Matt.

He might have turquoise wings, but what about his father's turquoise hair?

Will fate or Frio genetics step in and ruin my plans again?

Join me for Chapter 82-- Bottles and Cake!
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2019, 04:12:10 PM »
Chapter 82-- Bottles and Cake!

The Frio household is kept pretty busy with a nooboo and twin toddlers!

Carly happily feeds Matt.
Screenshot-481.jpg

While Des gets bottles for both of the twins.

No time for fancy high chair meals with a new baby in the house!
Screenshot-492.jpg

But they don't scrimp on play time.

Des loves hearing Matt giggle when he blows raspberries on his tummy!
Screenshot-488.jpg

And the twins can't seem to get enough of music.

When either one of them is free, you'll find them here playing a sweet little tune.
Screenshot-500.jpg

Nana Jo gets in some play time with Matt.
Screenshot-135.jpg

As well as some relaxing time in the rocker with him while she keeps an eye on Karlie Jo.
Screenshot-141.jpg

And Papa Crewe can't resist an Attack of the Claw with Torre.

The house is filled with the wonderful sounds of childish laughter.
Screenshot-142.jpg

And it draws the family ghosts in time and time again!

Dee: "Welcome Claire! Nice to see you stopping in. It's been awhile."

Claire: "I just couldn't resist taking a peep at the new little ones. Look at this one! Such a cutie, all blonde and blue-eyed and playing with her special doll----just like Audra! Oh, such wonderful memories! And the best part? *with a sly grin* I don't have to do anything but rock and watch!"

Dee *laughing* "There is that! You'd be one of the best ones to know, having two sets of twins, that it's not all hearts and roses!"
Screenshot-170.jpg

And not being used to Winter yet, they welcome Spring with open arms.

Des takes Torre out for a stroll.
Screenshot-174.jpg

And Carly introduces Karlie Jo to the Spring Rider outside in the fresh air.

Carly: "Isn't Buzzy fun Jo-jo bean? He's been in the family a very long time!"

Karlie Jo: *all smiles* "Buzz, Buzz. It tickles mama! More, more!"
Screenshot-177.jpg

And when Des and Torre get back from their stroll down the street, they join them on the lawn.

Carly plays a tune while Des gives Torre his turn on Buzzy.

Karlie Jo happily plays with Pat-Pat and watches her twin.
Screenshot-187.jpg

But before they know it, it's time for another round of birthdays!

First Torre as the eldest here in the main Frio home.
Screenshot-281.jpg

And he ages up looking very much like a Frio male in keeping with his forbearers, but his face shape may have a just a hint of Des in it.

But, we don't have to worry about another artist in the family as he inherits the Can't Stand Art trait, which has been around since Mémé Sophie!
Screenshot-294.jpg

Then Karlie Jo's brought to her cake by Papa Crewe with a wildly cheering Torre encouraging her to blow out her candles!
Screenshot-299.jpg

And our blonde potential heir adds Supernatural Fan to her traits and immediately pops wishes to meet and chat with them.

With no other supers in town, this may prove to be a difficult task.

We pick out a cute hairstyle with a headband in her favorite green and pair it with a pretty Spring formal.
Screenshot-312.jpg

Then Jo and Crewe head across town for other important birthdays.

But before cake, Ariel asks Nana Jo for someone homework help.
Screenshot-234.jpg

But once the history lesson is over, Ariel claps excitedly by her cake in anticipation of becoming a teen!
Screenshot-333.jpg

And our little mermaid turns into a gorgeous teenager, adding Loner to her traits.

I doubt she'll be alone for long with her blue-eyed blonde good looks and those intriguing pink scales!

She picks out a formal in her favorite Spiceberry with gold heels.
Screenshot-362.jpg

Then Aidan, our ivory-skinned fairy stands in front of his cake with his hands on the table making a special wish.

I'd ask him to give us a hint, but you know wishes don't come true if you reveal them!
Screenshot-346.jpg

And he becomes a teen, adding Hopeless Romantic to his list of traits.

It looks like he's already got some serious muscle tone if those arms are anything to go by!
Screenshot-378.jpg

Then it's off to the country home of the Ichtaca family.

Joey's the eldest so she gets the first cake as Evie, Carl, and Jo cheer her on.
Screenshot-391.jpg

And this fairy teen adds Supernatural Skeptic to her traits!

Dee: "Seriously Joey!? How can you Not believe in Supers when you and most of your immediate family are fairies? And your Aunt Mia and cousin Ariel are mermaids for goodness sake! And we have a family line of vampires as well, back in Twinbrook!"

Joey: "No idea. Ask Uncle Shawn, he's the Genius! I mean I KNOW fairies and mermaids exist and are real because well, just look at our wings and tails. And I've seen family pictures of Aunt Sadie and Uncle Jimmy's family with their piercing eyes. But somehow I guess I just don't believe in Supernaturals. It's just not…natural! Besides, it's probably just something I got from my dad. You know how odd genetics can be!"

Dee *shaking her head* "Do I ever!"
Screenshot-396.jpg

And then it's time for Danica's turn at her cake.

But instead of eagerly joining us in the kitchen, I find her in her room, playing on her Bronco Rider!

Danica: "Heeeyahhh! After the bandits, Sienna! We've got to catch them one last time!"

Dee: "Dani, everyone's waiting for you. Taking one last ride on your pony, huh?"

Danica: *a little sadly* "Just one more minute Watcher---it's our last ride together!"

Dee: "Take your time sweetie. It's good to see that not everyone's in a hurry to grow up! Your Great Aunt Natasha loved riding her pony too! And you're a lot like her!"
Screenshot-388.jpg

But soon her ride is over and she joins us by her cake.

Her family cheers her on and with their loving support she puts childish toys and games behind her and grows up!
Screenshot-404.jpg

And we have another young fairy teen in the Frio/Ichtaca family!

Danica add Bookworm to her traits which is perfect for a Couch Potato!
Screenshot-408.jpg

But their hair and clothes are not so perfect and makeovers will be happening when we return.

Along with the birthdays of the Ichtaca triplets and little Matt Frio as they all become toddlers!

So join us for Chapter 83-- Makeovers and Moppets!
Coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2019, 08:31:25 AM »
Chapter 83-- Makeovers and Moppets!

Last chapter ended with the Ichtaca twins becoming teenagers and growing up with some interesting hairstyles and clothing.

This chapter begins in the stylist salon as the girls choose hair and clothes more appropriate for their personalities.

Joey's our lilac lover so we know she's going with shades of purple for her outfits and she's a Slob, so she really doesn't care what we pick!

But when she tries this hairstyle, I am shocked at how much she looks like…..
Screenshot-410.jpg

Her mother Janeva!

With their face shape, coloring, and mouth, Joey and Evie look like carbon copies!
Screenshot-419.jpg

And we know those looks come from none other than JoAnna!

So the apples didn't fall far from the trees between these three generations!

Dee: "Yes Jo, I agree, you're all beautiful enough to be in the movies!"
Screenshot-418.jpg

But what of Danica? Did she miss out on these genes?

Not at all! With a longer hairstyle, she fits in like another pea in the pod!

And she got her Nana Jo's sense of fashion too as she adds a pop of red to her black and white outfit!
Screenshot-428.jpg

But moppets deserve their time in the spotlight too, so on to the birthdays.

Evie brings the eldest of the triplets, little Rico, to his cake and the family cheers.
Screenshot-450.jpg

And our nooboo with the yellow sparkles becomes a little toddler with beautiful golden wings!

Rico looks just like his daddy! He's got Carl's dark hair and deep blue eyes.
Screenshot-459.jpg

Crewe, not a fan of large groups, even family ones, picks up Rico and heads off to the nursery for some one on one time.
Screenshot-463.jpg

Next up is Deanna who's in mommy's arms with her older twin sisters joining in the birthday cheers with gusto!
Screenshot-467.jpg

She ages to toddler and is the cutest blend of Evie and Carl but with green wings like her Auntie Carly!

Her favorite color is blue but we mix it with pink so she stands out as the obvious little girl of the triplets.
Screenshot-497.jpg

Last but not least is the youngest Ichtaca, Mark.

Evie does the honors again, but looks a bit ill at the sight of another cake!
Screenshot-501.jpg

But this little guy is completely adorable! If this look doesn't melt your heart, nothing will!

I swear if he had asked everyone to eat more cake, they would have!

Mark Ichtaca you are already a heartbreaker!!!
Screenshot-520.jpg

But Jo and Crewe's grandparent duties aren't done yet!

When they get back home it's time for the youngest Frios first cake!

Crewe does the honors here in the comfort of his own home.
Screenshot-532.jpg

And Matt ages to toddler with the same auburn Frio hair as older brother Torre!
Screenshot-541.jpg

I am a bit disappointed, no denying that and I'm sure Des and Carly are too!

But we welcome the sight of little Matt's beautiful turquoise wings!
Screenshot-561.jpg

The color is made even more pronounced when Des takes a moment to cuddle his youngest son!

So if I can't get turquoise hair, I'll gladly take the turquoise wings, especially if he becomes heir.
Screenshot-556.jpg

Des plays with him a bit, not being able to resist a tickle and Attack of the Claw!
Screenshot-553.jpg

And then gets down to some serious toddler skilling by teaching him to walk.

Older sister Karlie Jo is busy increasing her writing skills on the computer.

But it looks like Papa Crewe needs to do some repair work on the other computer if that smoke is any indication!
Screenshot-549.jpg

Having their birthday on Friday evening, the twins had the weekend to play and skill.

Karlie Jo is sleeping and dreaming about school on Monday!

But Torre is up early and eager to feed his new fish Frankie!
Screenshot-569.jpg

He was so excited yesterday when he went fishing with his Dad and they both caught fish!

And even more excited when his dad said he could keep Frankie in a fishbowl by his bed.
Screenshot-384.jpg

And then when he got home, he played King of the Court.

Did a little baking with the toy oven and learned to make muffins and cookies!

And learned to dance with Papa Crewe.

No wonder he was tired and went to bed early!
Screenshot-528.jpg

But with Frankie fed and swimming around, it's time to try something else new.

Selling his baked goods! He found an old bakery table in storage and they helped him clean it up to use today.

He puts on his everyday clothes and heads outside to check the paper for the bakery report.

He reads that vanilla and chocolate are doing just average today, but other baked goods are selling well.

So he bakes up a batch of blueberry muffins and some sugar cookies and heads outside to his bakery table.

He gets everything set out on the table and waits. And waits. And waits some more.

He wafts the smell around and it smells delicious! But still no customers.
Screenshot-585.jpg

Then a blonde woman shows up and he thinks it may be his first sale.

But when she grabs her camera and starts taking pictures, he realizes she's just a paparazzi.
Screenshot-591.jpg

Eventually he gets bored with waiting and needs to use the bathroom, so he goes inside and asks Karlie Jo to tend the table, 'just for a minute.'

Karlie Jo's not interested in selling baked goods but she wants to help out her twin so she stands by the table.
Screenshot-597.jpg

And to her shock a man steps up to the table and asks for a muffin!

But she hears Torre coming back so, with a sigh of relief, she turns the table back over to him to make the sale.

She just wouldn't feel right to take that away from him after he waited so long!
Screenshot-606.jpg

And her thoughtfulness pays off as she spots a neighbor girl on the lawn.

Karlie Jo: "Hi, my name's Karlie Jo, what's yours?"

Little girl: "I'm Darla Newbie. Wanna play?"

Karlie Jo: "Sure, it's getting dark though, so let's play inside."
Screenshot-610.jpg

Wow-- a very busy chapter.

Four nooboos aged up to toddler.

Carl and Evie's triplets Rico, Deanna, and Mark.

And Des and Carly's youngest son, Matt, of the turquoise wings!

Matt's older siblings have been busy learning new skills, like writing, fishing, and baking.

And Karlie Jo's met her first childhood friend here in Riverview!

But more is in store with school ahead.

Join me for the continuing saga in Chapter 84-- Starting School
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2019, 05:21:11 PM »
Chapter 84-- Starting School

Torre's picked out an everyday outfit but he needs to add a few more items to his wardrobe.

He loves white, it's so crisp, clean, and unspoiled, so he chooses a very dashing formal all in white!

Taking after his dad in that department already!
Screenshot-572.jpg

And pristine white shortie pj's with a bright yellow helicopter on them.

I'm sure Nana Jo helped pick those out!
Screenshot-573.jpg

And with her children growing up, Carly decides she can retire her wedding dress and choose a flattering formal in black.
Screenshot-382.jpg

For her career look she picks her favorite orange and thigh-high white boots, even though they've still never gotten a gig!

Apparently live performances are not big here in Riverview.

Maybe she needs to invest in some clubs to pick up the nightlife? It's a thought.

Maybe once Matt's in school she'll do just that!
Screenshot-383.jpg

And speaking of school, it's the twins first day!

Karlie Jo's already on the bus when Torre flies outside.

Dee: "Good luck, hope you meet some nice kids today."

Torre: "Thanks Watcher! I hope so too."
Screenshot-654.jpg

While the kids are at school, Des tries a few more steps with Matt.

Des: "That's it! One step, two, you've got it little guy! Come to daddy!"
Screenshot-621.jpg

Crewe gets in some snuggle time with his youngest grandson and then puts him in his crib for a much needed nap.
Screenshot-580.jpg

Then he heads back outside. He's already been in the pool, so he looks around for a different challenge.

Crewe *thinking* Des' martial arts stuff looks interesting.*

So he gives it a shot, but the blasted thing comes back so fast it almost hits him!

Hmm, not as easy as Des makes it look, but Crewe decides he's not letting a piece of wood get the best of him and keeps practicing until he earns his first belt!
Screenshot-582.jpg

In the meantime, Matt's woken up so Nana Jo gives him some cuddle time.
Screenshot-594.jpg

And then a bottle while she rocks nearby, never one to pass up a chance to chill out!

Jo *thinking* This is so peaceful. The twins in school and getting to sit here quietly watching over little Matt. I wonder if he'll be the last? There's still time for another one, for any of them really! But if not, ten grandchildren is really a milestone. We certainly have been blessed. Three sets of twins, a set of triplets, and beautiful little Matt! This gen is coming along so nicely, the family ghosts should be real proud. I know I am.  I wonder who the kids will meet in school? I hope they're nice kids. But she doesn't have to wonder for long as she gets a call from Torre asking if he can go to a friends house after school.*

Torre: "Her name is Lucy Broke, Nana. Can I go please?"

Jo: "Of course, sweetie. Have fun!" *thinking* Lucy Broke, I wonder which branch she's from? Oh, I think the neighbors across the road have a daughter named Lucy. And they're definitely NOT broke!*
Screenshot-596.jpg

And Jo's guess was right as I find Torre in the kitchen of the Lessen home across the street!

Dee: "Where's Lucy, Torre?'

Torre: "Um, she was right behind me, we're doing homework. But I'm almost finished."
Screenshot-661.jpg

I find Lucy outside on the front stoop with the family cat.

Dee: "Staying outside Lucy?"

Lucy: "Elwood got in trouble again and Mom put him outside, so I'm keeping him company for a bit while we work on homework."
Screenshot-660.jpg

But with homework finished Torre and Lucy chat a bit and get to know each other.

I love her hair color and wonder where it came from.

Her mom is Ruby Broke and she has red hair, and her dad is Jon Lessen who had brown hair before he became an elder.

So she's a child of original residents and would be eligible for heir spouse material, if she doesn't age up to teen too soon.

But it may be a bit too early for that. There still just kids after all, but that doesn't last long!
Screenshot-688.jpg

And with Torre at a friend's house, Karlie Jo was at loose ends so Papa Crewe took her to the Summer Festival!

In fact, they both were eager to go so it worked out perfectly.

When we join them, I find them both gobbling up hot dogs at the eating contest.
Screenshot-671.jpg

And to her surprise and joy Karlie Jo wins!

But she doesn't look very happy for a winner.

Dee: "Something wrong sweetie?"

Karlie Jo: "My tummy hurts a bit--- I think that last hot dog was a bit too much."

Dee: "Well, go rest a bit and I'm sure you'll feel better!"
Screenshot-678.jpg

While Karlie Jo rests, Crewe checks out the Summer Festival and soon spots two familiar faces.

His grandchildren. Danica, and her little brother, Rico!

And Danica's teaching little Rico to take a few steps.

They look so cute. And you can't miss the golden yellow and vibrant red wings either!
Screenshot-698.jpg

And another toddler is nearby.

It's Betty Newbie with her little Sofia, Darla's younger sister.

She must be taking a break from the house and her nooboo son, Torey.
Screenshot-691.jpg

Back at the house, Matt is showing off his words to proud daddy Des.

Des: "Did you hear that Watcher? He said fight! All by himself."

Des *to Matt* "That's a smart little man. Keep your dukes up in a fight, my boy!"

And before I can question Des' choice of encouragement, my attention is drawn away by sparkles!
Screenshot-703.jpg

Dee *thinking* Oh wow, is that Pat-Pat? Karlie Jo must have left her doll here. But if the doll's alive, Karlie Jo must be home!*
Screenshot-706.jpg

A quick search and I find her in the bathroom.

Dee: "You okay Karlie Jo?"

Karlie Jo: "Yes. I feel much better now. Waaaay too many hot dogs!"

Dee: "I'm sure that was it sweetie. But there's a little surprise coming to chat with you."

Karlie Jo: "A surprise? For me? What kind of surprise?"
Screenshot-709.jpg

And when Pat-Pat walks into the room, Karlie Jo takes it in stride.

No shrieks or screams or anything.

Like it's the most natural thing in the world to have your nooboo doll grow the same size as you and be alive!

Then I remember that she's a Supernatural Fan! She lives for stuff like this!

And with no other Supers in the neighborhood, this is her one hope of actually having a supernatural friend, even if it is imaginary!
Screenshot-708.jpg

With evening upon them, Jo's thought of the family ghosts brings them out in full force!

First, Rae and Adam here in the nursery checking in on little Matt while he plays with the peg box.

Adam: "Evening mother. Oh, did you want this rocker? I'll just watch the little guy for a bit and pick another one."

Rae: "Thank you son. I want to sit here and watch this young man. He reminds me so much of you with his auburn hair. But his wings are so beautiful and that color is very eye-catching!"

Adam: "It sure is. But then I've always been fond of fairy wings!"

Rae: "That you were and it's been inherited since you married your Sophie, a wonderful addition to the Frio genes!"

Adam: "She definitely left her mark on all of us! In the wings of our children and grandchildren, on down through this new generation. And on my heart as well."
Screenshot-646.jpg

And then I see Claire outside with a sleeping Aidan Jones, the sim that bought a muffin from Torre.

Dee: "Claire, what are you up to out here?"

Claire *all innocent* "Me, why would I be up to something?"

Dee *with a knowing look* "Because you always are!"

Claire *sighing* "Not this time. I was just checking on the family, but Rae and Adam were inside, so I came out here to rock. You know we love the rockers, living or not!"

Dee: "Yes, that's why I keep putting them around the house, inside and out. Well enjoy your chair time. But try not to scare Mr. Jones when he wakes up!"

Claire: "He should be used to ghosts by now. His wife's family home is full of them and they make quite the racket! But I'll try to be on my best behavior."

Dee: "Why does that make me more nervous than ever?"

Claire: "'Cause you know me too well, Watcher old friend!"
Screenshot-645.jpg

And I find out that Adam did stake out the living room rocker for his own.

Dee: "Good evening Adam. Nice to see you out and about."

Adam: "Good to be here Watcher. Seeing and hearing another generation of Frios makes me feel so proud."

Dee: "They've done great here in Riverview. The heir twins just started school, and you saw little Matt with his peg box. He's coming right along. And his wings, well, I was really hoping for Des' turquoise hair, but the wings sure are pretty."

Adam: "Genetics are tricky Watcher. You never know when something from the past may pop up. It's part of what makes life and this journey so interesting, the grand adventure of it!"

Dee: "You've hit that right on the head Adam! If we knew how everything would turn out, what would be the point? It's the NOT knowing that makes it worthwhile, that keeps all of us going. The unexpected twists and turns of the journey. Thanks for reminding me of that Adam! Instead of being disappointed, I need to focus on the children here and now. Let them be children, let them have fun and just live their lives! The journey and it's genetics will take care of itself."

Adam: "It always does Watcher. It always does."
Screenshot-643.jpg

So the heir generation has started school and met their first friends in the neighborhood.

Karlie Jo's doll, Pat-Pat, has become a full-fledged IF with it's growth to childhood.

And Matt's still the youngest Frio, so far.

And I've been given a life lesson from Adam not to dwell so much on genetics, just let them live and enjoy their lives.

Join me next time for Chapter 85-- Life Goes On
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2019, 02:01:45 PM »
Chapter 85-- Life Goes On

As is usual for sims families with toddlers and children, there's still a lot of skilling going on.

The Ichtaca triplets are no exception to that.

Here, Deanna and Rico try out their fairy skills for a nap in the fairy house.
Screenshot-6.jpg

With Deanna's success, Rico gives it a shot as well!
Screenshot-7.jpg

And's he's a beautiful yellow spark of light joining his sister for a nap.
Screenshot-11.jpg

And Matt masters talking, and as usual, the subject matter strikes me as a bit odd, to say the least!

Carly: "The abominable snowman says, 'grrrrhhh'!"

Matt: "GGGRRRRHHHHH!"

Dee: "Really Carly? Won't that scare him!"

Carly: "Not at all, Watcher! He loves it. He has a storybook and it's one of his favorites. Not scary at all."

Dee: "If you say so. But I'm not so sure about that. You never know what early learning may do to children later in life."
Screenshot-26.jpg

And after a nap, Papa Crewe can't resist an Attack of the Claw!

Apparently he's read that same storybook to Matt too.

Crewe: "And the abominable snowman tickles you again! Gggrrr!"

Matt: "Ggrrrhhhh! More tickles papa, more!"
Screenshot-15.jpg

And off to school for the twins!

This morning Torre's beat Karlie Jo to the bus.

Dee: "Not so eager to get to school today Karlie Jo?"

Karlie Jo: "Oh, I want to go Watcher, just not sure about leaving Pat-pat behind."

Dee: "Oh, he'll be just fine. He'll turn back into doll form once you're gone and sit quietly waiting for you until you get back from school."

Karlie Jo: "Oh, that's a relief! I was afraid he'd be lonely while I was at school all day."
Screenshot-18.jpg

But I'm proved wrong when I find little Matt in the twins room later that morning.

I never knew a toddler would play with another child's IF doll!

But little Matt is doing just that. Playing and singing to Pat and having a wonderful time.

Dee *thinking* I hope this doesn't mess up Karlie Jo's and Pat's friendship.*
Screenshot-71.jpg

And while Matt's busy entertaining himself, Papa Crewe heads out to the consignment shop to deliver some more of his paintings.

But when he arrives, he gets asked for his autograph.

Riverview resident *gushing* "I love your books Mr. Frio! I didn't know much about sports but you make it so easy to understand and very interesting! Can you make it out to "Your biggest Fan, Fatima? Oh, I only wish I had one of your books with me for you to sign!"

Crewe *a bit embarrassed and tongue-tied as usual with a stranger* "Um, th..thank you, ma'am. I'll send you an autographed first edition. Oh, and you can call me C…Crewe."

Fatima *squealing with delight* "Oh, thank you. Mr. Frio..um, Crewe. I've always heard that you were modest and ever so nice and I'm glad to hear it's true!"
Screenshot-22.jpg

But it's busier than usual inside, no doubt due to some fast phone calls from his fan outside!

So Crewe hurriedly hands over his last batch of paintings and heads home.
Screenshot-24.jpg

Meanwhile Jo takes advantage of the summer sunshine and waters the apple trees.

Dee: "Oh, doing some gardening Jo? Nice to see you outside."

Jo: "I'm just watering the trees, that's all. I love the sunshine. Not really as warm as IP, but very nice. I should take Matt for a stroll. *thinking about how much energy that would take* "Or maybe just for a ride on the spring rider."
Screenshot-20.jpg

Then some family ghosts drop in to listen to Des play a new song.

It's Jared and Rae.

Jared *disappointed* "Oh, I heard the music and thought it was a party."

Rae *giving him a look* "It doesn't have to be a party for music. Music can just be for it's own sake!"

Jared *with a frown* "But what's the fun in that!?"
Screenshot-31.jpg

And a bit later, Des has got his courage up to ask Rae for her autograph.

Des: "You were such a wonderful guitarist Ms. Frio! I don't have your talent, but I love playing. Would it be too much to ask for an autograph?"

Rae *surprised and proud* "Not at all, young man. Not at all. I've always encouraged music and you have promise. You may not be a Virtuoso by nature but your love of music comes shining through! And please call me Grandma Rae---we're family after all."
Screenshot-39.jpg

And Sam makes an appearance as well, but it doesn't bode well, by the look of distress on his face!
Screenshot-47.jpg

And sure enough, as Des starts walking away, we hear a distinct thud!

Des* a bit shocked and puzzled* "But he's a ghost himself, Grandma Rae and you were his wife and Mr. Adam here is his son. I don't understand. Why would he pass out?!"

Rae: "He's had the Coward trait since he was young. It's not him, it's the trait. He can't help himself."

Des *thinks about that* "Well, I guess that makes sense. But I fought my loser trait and I've overcome it most of my life!"

Rae: "Poor Sam was hoping that once he was ghost, it wouldn't affect him. But he can't seem to stop it."
Screenshot-51.jpg

Then Rae drifts off, not bearing to be able to watch poor Sam's cowardice a moment longer.

Des takes the opportunity to greet Adam and they chat pleasantly.

Both of them ignore the thud across the room as Sam's trait kicks in yet again!

The only thing that would make this worse is if Jared were here mocking him.

But thankfully, Sam has been spared that humiliation at least!.
Screenshot-55.jpg

But where IS Jared? Ah, Carly's downstairs practicing her drums. Let's see if he's followed the sounds.

Yep. Our party animal Founder never could resist the sound of music in anticipation of a party.
Screenshot-60.jpg

And Torre and Karlie Jo are enjoying a game of dominoes.

Oh, that raises Logic skill as well as chess. Who knew?
Screenshot-73.jpg

After their game, Karlie Jo chats with Pat-pat.
Screenshot-96.jpg

Then the Friolins all show up and the joint starts hopping.

Well, the basement anyway. Still no interest in live music at either of the two dive bars.

Good thing the others all have regular paying careers and Carly doesn't need the money.

They'd all have starved by now on just the few tips they've earned jamming around town.
Screenshot-77.jpg

But who's this peeking out of the toy box in the nursery?!

Looks like Carl brought little Deanna over to visit while he jammed with the band.

I love how toddlers hide in there and then peek out---so very cute!
Screenshot-80.jpg

JoAnna and Crewe take the time for a game of chess as Torre and Karlie Jo work on their homework.

Matt plays with his xylophone on the floor nearby.
Screenshot-85.jpg

I think Deanna may join Matt for some music play time.

But when I notice her sleepy thought I realize where she's going.
Screenshot-87.jpg

Outside to the fairy house to catch a nap.

How fitting, she opened the chapter with her first nap in a fairy house and she ends it with one as well!

Dee *whispers* "Sweet dreams little one."
Screenshot-94.jpg

But who was the pink sparkle?

Torre *frowning at the baby snores*  "I was going to have a fairy house party, but Deanna was tired, so I'll try downstairs! Babies, especially girls, can be a pain!"

Dee *thinking* You may change your mind about both of those things sooner than you think young man!*
Screenshot-95.jpg

So life is going on for the Frio's with school, toddler and children skilling, and some play time too.

Carly's still plugging away at her 3rd instrument, drums, and the Friolins continue to practice.

But busy times are ahead with a pool party and more birthdays coming up!

So stay tuned for Chapter 86-- Leisure Day and Birthdays
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2019, 09:37:26 AM »
Chapter 86-- Leisure Day and Birthdays

Well, mid-week is Leisure Day and the Frios decide to throw a pool party for the neighborhood!

Lots of school children and teens are invited as well family and friends.

That's Lucy Broke chatting with Karlie Jo.

And Torre's chatting with Glenda Lin, Wesley Lin's younger sister. Their parents are Shirley Lin and Don Lothario!

But what's going on with Joey? She looks like she's got something on her mind to discuss with her Mom, Evie.

Let's get closer to see if we can hear what's going on.
Screenshot-128.jpg

OOOhhhhh, that doesn't look good at all. A family spat?

Well, Joey is of an age to resent too much parental interference, no matter how well meant!

And we all know Evie's always lived by very strong convictions.

She had her share of disagreements with her own mother, JoAnna, too.
Screenshot-130.jpg

But this time it looks like Evie's looking to Carly for some sisterly advice.

Joey's none to happy about it either.

Joey *outraged* "Mom, how could you involve Aunt Carly!? This is just between us!"

Evie *shocked* "I was just trying to get a 3rd opinion. Someone to mediate a bit. Really, Joey!"

Joey *not believing a word* "I'm sure Mom! You just want someone on YOUR side to gang up on me!"

Ariel and Aidan keep out of it by keeping their eyes focused on their homework. Wise teens to not get involved!
Screenshot-118.jpg

Back in the house a much nicer conversation is going on.

Torre's still chatting away about his favorite comic book and becoming friends with Glenda.
Screenshot-133.jpg

Then he takes a page out of an age old book and tells her a ghost story!

Glenda sits enthralled, totally focused on Torre.

Sometimes excited, sometimes a little bit frightened, but nevertheless, eager to hear the ending.
Screenshot-142.jpg

Karlie Jo plays on the teeter totter with Darla Newbie.

But who's the poor bald child doing homework next to them?

Oh, it's Lee Lobos. We'll have to do something about some hair soon!

And two other girls work on homework on the front lawn.

Looks like Lucy Broke and Tara Dean from this distance anyway.
Screenshot-121.jpg

Ariel and Aidan finished their homework and are heading for the pool!
Screenshot-154.jpg

Ariel's tail is absolutely gorgeous! All pink and sparkly as she enjoys a dip with Papa Crewe.
Screenshot-159.jpg

Lucy Broke shares some relaxing time in the lounge chairs with Wesley Lin.

She's got a little girl's first crush but she knows he's too old for her, being in high school already.

And he's that beautiful mermaid girls' boyfriend!

No way she can compete with her, even if she was a teen.

So she just basks in his nearness as they enjoy the sun.
Screenshot-151.jpg

On the side lawn, Darla is enjoying a water balloon fight with Joey Ichtaca.

Apparently Joey's moved on from the disagreement with her Mom and decided to have some fun.

And I'm sure throwing water balloons may help to alleviate some of her teenage angst!
Screenshot-160.jpg

Then the younger ones head to the basement for a friendly game of dominoes.

Torre's holding his own with Lucy, Glenda, and Tara!

For a boy who's got a thing about girls being a pain, he's been entertaining them all day!

But Pat-pat's hanging around so Karlie Jo must be here too.
Screenshot-161.jpg

Sure enough, she's chatting away to Pat-pat.

Dee *concerned* "Wouldn't you rather be playing with your friends Karlie Jo? Darla's still here.

Karlie Jo: "But Pat-pat's my friend. My best friend. He'd feel left out if I only played with the other kids. Besides, he doesn't make fun of me when I talk about Supernaturals, like Genies."
Screenshot-106.jpg

Karlie Jo continues: "And he knows lots of fairy stories! I could listen to those all day! I just love Pat-pat, he's special. My very own special friend, even if no one else can see him or will believe me!"

Dee *hesitates* Do I tell her about Matt playing with Pat-pat and loving him too? No, it's probably nothing and sharing him would probably just upset her.*
Screenshot-108.jpg

After school the next day, Torre and Matt bond over the blocks table.

Torre: "It's my birthday tonight Mattie, Karlie's Jo's too, of course, so this will be the last time I can play blocks with you. But your birthday is coming up soon, so we'll get to do other brother things. Like fishing. I can't wait to take you fishing. Maybe Dad and Papa Crewe will come too. We could have a real guys day!"

Matt: "Fish with Torre! Wanna go!"

Torre: "Well, that's after birthdays. Let's get the blocks picked up, it's almost time for the party to start."

But before his birthday party, Torre throws a tea party with his doll Patterns.

Karlie Jo keeps telling him how much fun they are so he decides to try one before he grows up.

But he quickly tires of the game and just doesn't get why Karlie Jo likes them quite so much.

Torre *thinking* It's not like the doll is real in any way!*

And he leaves poor Patterns alone on the floor with an empty bottle of juice and quickly changes into his formal!
Screenshot-177.jpg

The guests start arriving all dressed up as they decided on a formal party for the twins teen birthdays.

Torre stands by his cake trying not to look at a teenage Lucy Broke who became a teen yesterday!

Oh, look at little Matt in his suit----what a cutie!
Screenshot-180.jpg

Everyone stands around Torre and cheers and blows noise makers.
Screenshot-191.jpg

And Torre becomes a teen, adding Diva to his list of traits!

Dee: "Diva? Really? I hope this doesn't mean you're going to try to be the center of everything? You do have a twin and a baby brother!"

Torre *rolling his eyes* "And don't I know it! But I'm the eldest, that should count for something!"
Screenshot-196.jpg

But when Karlie Jo's takes her place in her beautiful green Spring dress laughing and happy, it's her twin that cheers for her the loudest.

Along with papa Crewe who's right in the middle of the crowd.

And a very excited Jude McDermott, a new guest at the Frio home.

But I think it's the birthday cake that has caught his eye, something the Frios would rather consign to the dust bin!
Screenshot-206.jpg

And our Karlie Jo becomes a Perceptive teen!

Her cousin Ariel seems super excited to be here and apparently went in the pool first as that's not her formal outfit!
Screenshot-217.jpg

But there's one more birthday I'm waiting on that doesn't require cake.

Unbeknownst to Ariel and Torre, Pat-pat becomes a teen size IF right between them!

With poor Patterns still sitting forlornly on the floor all by his lonesome.
Screenshot-225.jpg

But Torre quickly finds a moment to chat with Lucy, who congratulates him on his birthday.
Screenshot-231.jpg

While Karlie Jo picks out a new hairstyle and plays with make-up.

She does have her mother's and grandmother's mouth, like her Ichtaca cousins, but I think there's definitely some of Des in her cheekbones!

Another pretty Frio girl! But I'm a bit biased!
Screenshot-237.jpg

She picks this outfit for her everyday.

A simple summery frock in her favorite green with a polka dot pattern.
Screenshot-243.jpg

And this one for her athletic gear.

Short white bib overalls with a dark green tee and matching belt.
Screenshot-240.jpg

So summer's off to a good start with a Leisure Day pool party and the twins teens birthdays.

But with the teen years coming up and more birthdays, busy times still ahead.

Will Torre decide girls aren't such a pain after all and find a special someone?

Will Karlie Jo meet a nice teen boy or continue to focus her attention and friendship on Pat-pat?

And Matt's child birthday means school is just around the corner for him and meeting friends of his own.

Join me next time for Chapter 87-- Summer Festival Fun
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2019, 03:19:10 AM »
Chapter 87-- Summer Festival Fun

Saturday morning dawns bright and warm and Papa Crewe starts it off with an Attack of the Claw.
Screenshot-245.jpg

Then he realizes little Matt is still in his formal wear.

Crewe: "Awww, you slept in the fairy house again, little man. Let's get you a fresh diaper and some clean clothes. Now you're all set for the day!"

I can't see Crewe's thought bubble, but I hope he's thinking that his outfit is a bit on the warm side and that he needs to pick out a summer outfit!
Screenshot-250.jpg

With the day being so beautiful, Des offers Karlie Jo a driving lesson.

Des: "Go get dressed sweetie, and meet me out front. We'll take a Motive Mobile! You'll be driving in no time!"

Karlie Jo: "Oh, thanks Dad. I was hoping someone would offer to teach me soon."
Screenshot-256.jpg

A few moments later, they head down the road.

Motive Mobile or not, they start of v..er…y sll..ow…ly!

The jerky movements showing Karlie Jo's inexperience with the gas and brake pedals!
Screenshot-259.jpg

Torre wants to go to the Summer Festival later in the day, but decides he needs to take care of some important things first.

A better haircut and clothes!

He chooses this hairstyle, which is a bit more sophisticated, especially for a Diva teen!

And a distinguished white tux with red tie and lapel trim.

I suggest white dress shoes but one look from him and I decide classic black is best.
Screenshot-262.jpg

Everything else he picks is all white and to my eyes quite boring, but he does choose a classic black pair of pants and jacket paired with a white tee for his outer wear.

He tells me this look is 'in' and since I've seen some of the teen style in Riverview, I don't think he's made a bad choice!
Screenshot-266.jpg

Then he quickly rushes out the door and grabs his bike as he hasn't had a driving lesson yet.

I find out what the rush is all about quickly enough as he greets Lucy on the sidewalk of the Cannery, where the Festivals are held.

Their friendship continues to grow and they decide that first thing up is a picture at the photo booth.
Screenshot-268.jpg

Once they've got copies of the photo, they start getting a little flirty with one another.
Screenshot-275.jpg

Then Torre asks her if she's seeing anyone special.

Lucy tells him she's met a few boys but no one special so far.
Screenshot-279.jpg

With that information, things heat up a bit more and he gives her a romantic hug.

He must be doing something right as Lucy's thoughts are totally focused on him now!
Screenshot-283.jpg

But soon their thoughts turn to food and they both enter the hot dog eating contest.

With Shawn and Ariel as their opponents!

And looks like Karlie Jo made it to the Festival as well.

And she's struck up a conversation with Kraig Bagley, Sherman's son.

His mother is the former Constance Shelley, so he's the son of two original residents!
Screenshot-286.jpg

Torre was really hungry and won the contest with ease!

In fact, he ate them so fast, no one else was even close.

And it looks like Karlie Jo and Kraig are still having an interesting chat having moved on to talking about the stars.
Screenshot-296.jpg

But there are consequences for bolting your food!

Looks like Torre's not feeling so hot right now.
Screenshot-310.jpg

And Shawn looks like he might need a rest room himself!
Screenshot-312.jpg

But Torre recovers quickly and gives Lucy a small gift he won at one of the booths.

Lucy: "For me? How sweet Torre. You're so thoughtful. I'm having the best time with you here at the Festival. It's been such a beautiful day. Perfect, really."

Torre: "Just like you Lucy. A perfect day for a perfect girl!"

Well I can see that these two don't need my help.
Screenshot-316.jpg

So I check on Karlie Jo.

Oh, she's still with Kraig! These two have been chatting since she got here. That's a good sign.

And it looks like Ariel is giving Torre some pointers in the skating rink. Nice to see the cousins getting along so well.
Screenshot-321.jpg

As darkness falls and the Festival closes, the twins head on home.

It's Matt's birthday and they promised their parents they wouldn't be too late.

Papa Crewe brings Matt to his cake as they all shout out their birthday wishes.
Screenshot-340.jpg

Our youngest little toddler twirls and spins.
Screenshot-351.jpg

And in a shower of sparkles he becomes a little boy, adding Over-emotional to his traits.

That's a new one for the Frios.

Dee *thinking* So scary stories about abominable snowmen didn't hurt him at all huh? Quite the coincidence, if you ask me!*
Screenshot-352.jpg

While Matt and Torre enjoy cake, Des and Carly share a romantic moment.
Screenshot-355.jpg

Then they take it somewhere a little more private.

Outside in the hot tub! And it soon becomes a very romantic date.

Des: "The twins are teens and with Matt's birthday, they'll all be going to school Mrs. Frio. Definitely something to celebrate with a little alone time for us!"

Carly *snuggling closer in the bubbles* "I like the way you think Mr. Frio!"
Screenshot-356.jpg

Back inside, not being one to miss a party, Jared's ghost appears.

Matt doesn't turn a hair as he tells Jared proudly that it's his birthday and follows that up with a funny story.

I'm concerned Jared will be his usual mean-spirited, inappropriate self on poor little Matt's birthday, but all he does is laugh and think Matt's quite amusing!

Wow, Matt, I'm impressed! Someone that can take on Jared and come out on top.
Screenshot-370.jpg

Matt's decides he needs some more clothes but we both agree on keeping his everyday outfit.

It's sort of quirky but cute and as he reminded me, only for a week until he ages to teen.

He chooses this for his athletic in his favorite color grey.
Screenshot-361.jpg

And with his eyes drooping, these cute train shortie pajamas, as he heads off to bed.

He'll be sharing the room with Torre and taking Karlie Jo's top bunk.
Screenshot-360.jpg

Being a teenager now, Karlie Jo moves to Evie and Carl's old room.

And Pat-pat chats away with her as Karlie Jo gets ready for bed!

I thought maybe when she turned teen, her relationship with Pat-pat would diminish but they're still the best of friends.
Screenshot-439.jpg

Karlie Jo's learned to drive and met Kraig Bagley, but Pat-pat's still a special friend.

Torre's spending a lot of time with Lucy Broke.

Matt's become a child and is looking forward to his first day of school and meeting his own friends.

Join me as the journey continues in Chapter 88-- Big Events
Coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2019, 11:30:32 PM »
Chapter 88-- Big Events

The next morning Karlie Jo works on her cooking skill.

Pat-pat takes the chair next to her so they can continue to chat.
Screenshot-385.jpg

Jo: "Oh, reading up on cooking Karlie Jo? I've got lots of pointers I can share with you. I'll just sit here and we can chat about some of the recipes I've learned from the cooking channel."

Karlie Jo *focused on her book*  "Nana, Pat-pat's using that chair."

Jo stops confused as her way to the chair is blocked.

Jo: "It was cute when you were little Karlie Jo, talking about your doll like it was your friend, but you're a teen now. Time to stop such childish imaginings! Are you using your fairy powers to block the chair? Come on now, 'fess up. What's going on?"

Karlie Jo realizes Nana's never going to believe in Pat-pat so she laughs and says: "You caught me Nana. I fairy trapped the chair so no one could sit down!' *trying to distract her* Oh, I was planning on calling Kraig to see if he can come over today. Is that okay?"

Jo *Still a bit puzzled about the chair* "Umm, sure honey. You know your friends are always welcome."
Screenshot-382.jpg

Karlie Jo grabs her phone and calls Kraig to invite him over, hoping Pat-pat will get out of the chair before Nana tries to sit down again!

But Kraig can't make it over today and Karlie Jo's a bit disappointed.
Screenshot-387.jpg

Seems like Torre had the same idea about inviting a friend over as I find him outside chatting with Lucy.

But everything's not all hearts and roses with these two!

Seems like they have a few things they don't agree on!

I didn't see any thought bubbles so I'm not sure what caused that but Lucy is a mooch so maybe she was asking for food or money again.
Screenshot-394.jpg

In case it was food, I have Torre grab a couple of plates so they can have lunch together.

He eats fast and quickly takes care of his empty plate.
Screenshot-414.jpg

Then he tells her a funny story and shows her a cats video and they're fast friends again!
Screenshot-407.jpg

A playful pester has Lucy smiling and it just lights up her whole face!

Lucy: "Oh, Torre, that tickles!"
Screenshot-415.jpg

Then they play a game of chess that builds up their logic skill.

Carly *thinking* Torre's been seeing quite a lot of Lucy. I wonder if she's, the One!? They just became teens so maybe it's too soon to be thinking about that, but Des and I knew when we were kids….*
Screenshot-413.jpg

And when I see these two, I have to ask what's going on!

Dee: "JO? Care to explain?"

Jo: "It's nothing Watcher. I thought maybe I could get a few more days but no go. The Genie says I've had more than my share of days!"

Dee *checking her age bar* "Oh, I didn't realize it was birthday time again for you!"

Jo *a bit sad* "Well, it is. Tonight! And with 10 grandchildren I guess I should look the part. I really have had more than my share of days."

Dee "I'm afraid so, Jo. Time passes, and I can only do so much in this particular journey. I think I've really extended everyone as much as I can."
Screenshot-442.jpg

And though Jo may be a bit sad about upcoming events, another family member is not.

Des got called in to work on another special case and given his last promotion to International Super Spy!

Dee: "Congratulations Des! You completed your LTW! And before you became an adult too."

Des *proudly* "Not bad for a Loser! But you know, with loving Carly and getting to be a Frio, going on this journey, having three wonderful children and completing my LTW, there's no way I'm a loser at all!"

Dee *smiling* "You got that right Des. There is no way anyone could ever call you a Loser! You might have the trait but you worked hard and didn't let it interfere with your life. I'm real proud of you!"
Screenshot-451.jpg

After school the next day, Karlie Jo and Torre go over to Lucy's house.

Karlie Jo just to hang out, but Torre has some big questions on his mind.

Lucy: "Of course, I heard about the big dance this Wednesday, Torre! Everyone's talking about Prom. Why? Oh, it's getting dark in here. Let me get the lights."
Screenshot-478.jpg

With the lights on, Torre's a bit more nervous, but manages to say: "Would you go with me? To prom?"

Lucy *gives him a hug and says* "Sure, I'd love to go with my best friend!"

Torre: "We'll always be best friends!"

Lucy *smiling* "BFF all the way Torre!"

Torre can't stop smiling as he got both his wishes. To be BFF with Lucy and attend prom with her!

Torre *thinking* Can it even get better than this?*
Screenshot-467.jpg

And since Lucy's Torre's Prom date, we get her all decked out in style!

I love Lucy's coloring and hope Torre and her hit it off as she's one of my favorite Sims here in Riverview.

As the daughter of Ruby Broke and Jon Lessen, she turned out so beautiful!

I wasn't expecting that beautiful platinum blonde hair and I again wonder where it came from.
Screenshot-473.jpg

The guests start arriving for Jo's party and Mia takes her aside first thing.

Mia *happily* "We wanted you to be the first to know, Mom!"

Jo *all excited* "Oh, Mia! That's the best birthday present ever!"
Screenshot-509.jpg

And Jo does her traditional Nana routine talking excitedly to the expected nooboo!

Jo: "And Nana will play blocks with you and teach you to talk and we'll watch lots of TV together!"

Mia can't hold back her smile at Jo's excitement.

She'd been worried that the family might think it was too late for her and Shawn to have another child.

The twins are teens and there would be a big age gap, but everyone seems thrilled with another Frio baby on the way!
Screenshot-516.jpg

Then it's time for the big event!

Jo steps up to her cake as family and guests gather around all dressed in their formal attire.
Screenshot-525.jpg

And Jo becomes an elder and I grieve with her for her youth and blonde hair.

And her fashionable clothes!

But we can fix some of that!
Screenshot-538.jpg

The hairstyle for sure as well as that odd combo of clothing considered formal! Shorts? With a blazer?

We pick a much more flattering longer hairstyle with a yellow flower as well as a yellow formal gown.

It's not the Jo we're used to yet but in time I'm sure she'll be our Jo again!
Screenshot-541.jpg

But other guests look amazing in their formalwear.

Torre and Lucy dance together, practicing for their big night at prom!

Torre *gazing into her eyes* "You look so beautiful Lucy! Your hair, your gown, just perfect!"

Lucy *squeezing his hands* "You clean up pretty nice yourself Torre! We're going to have a great time at Prom tomorrow night. I can hardly wait!"

And Aidan grabs a slice of cake looking quite distinguished in his black tux.
Screenshot-543.jpg

Karlie Jo dances downstairs with Kraig as other guests mingle and chat.
Screenshot-544.jpg

The basement family room is always a big draw, especially when Carly's playing a song.

And this time Karlie Jo joins her on electric guitar with a special surprise song for Jo's birthday!

A mother daughter duet that Nana Jo, Aidan and Danica, all enjoy.
Screenshot-547.jpg

Other family members chat as they watch and listen.

Crewe chats with Evie and she tells him that she's almost reached her LTW of International Super Spy.

Evie: "I know Des just made it and I'm really happy he did. Everyone on the force has worked really hard to clean up Riverview."

Crewe: 'Well, you were crucial in the big case Evie! And you've advanced very quickly considering you're the mother of five!"

Evie: "Thankfully, it was done in only two pregnancies or I'd be even further behind. But I wouldn't give up any of my kids, not even for my career or LTW!"

Crewe: "Speaking of kids, I saw Joey and Danica earlier, but where are the triplets?"

Evie: "Home with Carl. It's hard to find sitters sometimes for triplet fairy toddlers!"

Crewe *shocked* "But they should have aged to child by now!"

Evie *nodding* "Probably would have if Mom and Carl hadn't wished for longer life---I think it's directly related to that."

Crewe: "I'll be discussing that with your Mom and the Watcher! We need to get them aged up!"

Evie: "Thanks dad. I love the triplets more than anything, but it would be great to have them start school."
Screenshot-550.jpg

And at the end of the evening back in her new every day outfit, I chat with Jo.

Dee: "Quite the party Jo! I think it was a roaring success."

Jo *thoughtfully* "Yes, it was. I thought I'd feel sad, leaving my youth behind for good. But surrounded by my loving family, I just felt honored and proud. I earned this! I never really understood that until now!"

Jo continues: "But there were three people missing from my birthday! Three very important someone's who should be older than Matt?"

Dee: "Yes, I know! Crewe was just discussing that with Evie! We forgot all about their child birthdays!"

Jo: "We?!? That's something YOU are supposed to remember!"

Dee *with a look* "But you all keep telling the normal life span family members about Genies and the longer life wish!"

Jo *happily* "So we do Watcher, your point?"

Dee: "That it's not just me who should be responsible for keeping track!"

Jo *thinking about that* "You're right. But no need to point fingers or blame any one specifically. Let's just get over to the Ichtaca home as soon as we can and get those toddlers aged up before Evie and Carl go nuts!"

Dee: "Tomorrow night the teens all have prom, we can go over and have all three birthdays. I promise!"
Screenshot-551.jpg

Early the next morning, since both Des and Crewe have been practicing martial arts they decide to Spar.

It's a three point match and Crewe is surprised that he wins!

I love the contrast of his green socks and Des' turquoise hair against their white uniforms!
Screenshot-552.jpg

But they both gain another skill point and earn a new belt, so they're both pleased with the results.

Des: "That was a great match Dad! I can't wait to try it when we both gain some more skill."

Crewe: "Any time son, any time. That was fun and a great work out at the same time!"
Screenshot-561.jpg

Big events this chapter!

With Pat-pat wandering around the house, Karlie Jo's having to make stuff up to cover for him.

Des reached his LTW and is now an International Super Spy!

Torre and Lucy became BFF and are going to Prom together.

Karlie Jo's spending more time with Kraig.

JoAnna became and elder.

And we forgot the Ichtaca triplets child birthdays!

You all know what that means!

You got it----more cake!

Join me next time for Chapter 89-- Forgotten Birthdays and a Prom Surprise
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2019, 02:44:47 PM »
Chapter 89-- Forgotten Birthdays and a Prom Surprise

The school day lasted forever, but finally the limo shows up and Karlie Jo's the first one there!

She didn't get to ask Kraig to Prom, but she wants to go, even if it's by herself.
Screenshot-562.jpg

Torre eagerly heads for the school doors and can't wait to meet up with Lucy!

But who is that in front of him? I don't think I've ever seen her before.
Screenshot-572.jpg

Let's see if we can get a close up of her.

Hhhhmmmmm….closer picture but it's dark and I still don't recognize her.
Screenshot-570.jpg

But we've got more important things to attend to than a mystery teen.

Jo and Crewe and I head over to the Ichtaca's home, just like I promised, for some all important birthdays.

Okay, forgotten birthdays. But we're fixing that now!

Up first is Rico with Evie helping him blow out his candle.
Screenshot-578.jpg

Carl can't wait to see his oldest son grow up and shouts out birthday wishes loud and clear.
Screenshot-582.jpg

And Rico becomes a full-fledged Carl copy and really cute, just like his Dad!

Since he's hungry, we let him eat his cake before his sister's turn.
Screenshot-584.jpg

Then Evie brings Deanna to her cake.

Now that Rico's not starving, he really gets into the birthday spirit and blows a noise maker!
Screenshot-588.jpg

And Deanna sparkles and spins her little fairy self!
Screenshot-599.jpg

And grows up into a child sporting a purple hat!
Screenshot-605.jpg

Then it's Mark's turn and Evie graces us with her bridal gown and a frown!

Maybe Mark's got a dirty diaper?

Oh, the cake! Evie's frowning at the cake!

I don't blame her really. Birthdays for twins and triplets is a LOT of cake.
Screenshot-610.jpg

Then little Mark flies up and spins.

And Nana Jo and Rico blow noise makers and shout birthday wishes.
Screenshot-620.jpg

And he becomes a handsome lad as Deanna joins in the birthday cheer.
Screenshot-625.jpg

But it's getting late and the triplets are all tired with school in the morning.

Makeovers and new clothes will just have to wait.

Nana Jo and Papa Crewe give hugs and kisses to all and head on home so the whole Ichtaca family can get some sleep.
Screenshot-628.jpg

Prom is over and Torre received the King's crown.

And even though he didn't think things could get better for him and Lucy---they did!

She asked him to Go Steady and he said yes! So Torre and Lucy are a BFF couple now.

But Karlie Jo's night wasn't quite as successful.

She got the Queen's crown but another girl tried to steal it from her!

And when she won the dance contest, that same girl started a fight.

And it looks like she followed Karlie Jo home to continue her torment!

And it's that mystery girl we saw going into the school---who is she!?!
Screenshot-629.jpg

But the next day is Spooky Day so with the day off, Matt calls and invites over a few classmates.
Screenshot-637.jpg

Karlie Jo invited Kraig over too, but it seems like they have an incompatible trait.

She's Perceptive and he's Absent-Minded!

Could this prevent their friendship from going any further?
Screenshot-632.jpg

Matt plays on the spring rider waiting for his friends to visit.
Screenshot-644.jpg

Then he plays a game of chess with Valerie Broke, Lucy's younger sister.

Kraig checks out the Adventure Glasses but I'm not sure where Karlie Jo's gone off to.
Screenshot-656.jpg

I wonder if that trait issue is really going to be a problem?

But then I find them happily chatting together about a recent concert at the theater.
Screenshot-639.jpg

And then Karlie Jo does a playful pester and makes Kraig laugh.
Screenshot-652.jpg

Which is followed up by a friendly hug.

Maybe more than friendly?
Screenshot-648.jpg

It looks like they're closer friends than ever!

Kraig: "I'm really sorry I didn't get to take you to Prom Karlie Jo. I wanted to ask you but I couldn't get off work."

Karlie Jo: "I would have loved that Kraig. You know, I had some trouble with this mean girl---and I don't even know who she is!"
Screenshot-640.jpg

But when I check out the house, I find that same girl!

And her thought bubble dispels the mystery!

Dee: "Pat-pat???!!!!"

Pat: "It's just Pat! Pat-pat is soooo juvenile."

Dee: "But how are you real? Karlie Jo's not given you the IF potion!"

Pat: "I don't know anything about potions---I just know I love this form! I finally got to leave the house and Prom was great! I got to dance and drink punch!"

Dee: "And try to steal Karlie Jo's crown, lose a dance contest, and start a fight with her! How could you Pat-pa..uummhh, Pat? She's your friend."

Pat: "Some friend! Going to school and leaving me home with little Matt drooling all over me! Growing up, driving, going to Festivals, having all the fun. And where am I? Home all alone. But no more, I'm finally free!"
Screenshot-630.jpg

Before I can even figure out what to do about Pat, Jo and Crewe get an important phone call from Shawn and we head over their as fast as we can.

Shawn and Mia have a new son!

Nana Jo plays with him, feeds him a bottle, and gives him cuddles.
Screenshot-667.jpg

Then settles down for a soothing rock with her newest grandchild.

His name is Ernesto and he's Excitable like Nana Jo and Artistic like Papa Crewe!

And he's got pink sparkles, so we know he's a fairy.

But what about mersim genes? That we won't find out until he's a toddler!
Screenshot-673.jpg

Well, a new grandchild and the mystery girl's identity revealed!

But I don't understand what's going on with IF Pat at all, so I'm not sure how to even begin explaining this to Karlie Jo!

We thought (hoped) Pat-pat was a boy!

Maybe being played with by Matt changed that?

What a mess!

And Karlie Jo's becoming fond of Kraig. But maybe that's for the best with Pat being a girl!

But how is Pat able to take human form without being made real?

This may need some extensive research!

Good thing Karlie Jo is a Supernatural Fan and asked for that Alchemy Station when she was a child.

Hopefully we'll get some answers and be able to share them in Chapter 90-- Parties and Making Friends
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2019, 02:18:36 PM »
Chapter 90-- Parties and Making Friends

Torre decides the bunk beds aren't cutting it for him and they redo the nursery as his room.

I'd been planning on decorating it a bit more when Torre reminds me he Can't Stand Art, so we leave the room looking pretty bare.
Screenshot-2.jpg

Matt's alone in his room now but still likes the top bunk.

He's sleeping pretty soundly for being all by himself for the first time, and luckily hasn't been looking for monsters under the beds!
Screenshot-3.jpg

And school is still a major part of the Frio kids lives.

Karlie Jo is usually first on the bus, with Matt and Torre taking turns on being last!
Screenshot-15.jpg

But when Karlie Jo leaves for school, I find Pat-pat back in her traditional doll form.

I wonder if she'll still be that way when Karlie Jo gets home?
Screenshot-21.jpg

After school Karlie Jo focuses on chatting with schoolmates to make more friends.

She's chatting with Tracey Shallow and so wrapped up in their conversation that she's not paying any attention to Pat.

A back-in-doll-form Pat!

Dee: "Oh, you're back to normal!"

Pat *forlornly* "Yeah, when Karlie Jo went to school I morphed back to this! I was so hoping I'd get to stay a real girl!"

Dee: "Well, maybe if you're nice to Karlie Jo, she'll want to make you real when you get to the next town, when there's room in the house."

Pat *horrified* "The next town!? I want to be real NOW!"

Dee: "Well, I can't do anything unless she pops the wish. If it happens here in Riverview, and there's ROOM in the house, then maybe, but then you'd have to move out and stay here and not come with us. If you'd been male and gotten together with Karlie Jo that may have been a different story."

Pat *thinking then says* "Oh, so if I stay a doll until the next town, THEN she makes me real, I get to live my own life as a REAL Sim in that town?"

Dee: "You got it! You'll be out in the world and on your own to do what you please. But that all depends on her WANTING to make you real---because if she doesn't" *firmly* "you stay Pat-pat!"
Screenshot-37.jpg

But then I see this!

Dee: "Pat!!! If you aren't nice she won't want to make you real!"

Pat; "I can't help it! Whenever she's busy doing something else and ignoring me, I just can't stand it and I have to scare her."

Dee *shaking my head* "Negative attention is not going to help your friendship level. But, it's your funeral. Or more accurately, NOT getting a real life!"
Screenshot-13.jpg

And Matt chats with friends from school too, looks like they may be planning a bake sale.
Screenshot-34.jpg

And Torre went over to Wesley Lin's house after school.

Wesley had been his cousin Ariel's boyfriend in junior high, but now he's been seeing Torre's cousin Joey.

Torre thinks he better check this guy out to see what his story is--- after all, Wesley is Don Lothario's son!

But after some guy talk, Torre learns that it was Ariel's idea to break up and Ariel actually introduced him to Joey!

So no worries there after all.

Seems like Don has mended his womanizer ways and been faithful to his girlfriend Shirley since they moved in together and that faithfulness has rubbed off on Wesley.

Who would have guessed?
Screenshot-29.jpg

Then we head back to the house where Karlie Jo's invited friends over en masse for a slumber party!

We have Tana Dean and Glenda Lin, Wesley's younger sister.

Plus Lucy Broke, the Ichtaca cousins, Joey and Danica, and cousin Ariel, who's studiously doing her homework.

And Pat, of course. Hopefully on her best behavior!
Screenshot-48.jpg

And Des apparently doesn't get enough adventure at work, as he loves the Adventure Goggles!

I don't disturb him as it could break his concentration and lead to a mission failure as it does for poor Unlucky Matt!

But wait. Is that Jo exercising to the stereo? We'd better check that out.
Screenshot-26.jpg

Dee *concerned* "Jo you okay? Mid-life crises don't usually happen at Elderhood."

Jo *panting* "I'm fine. It's not a midlife crises. Just trying to keep my waistline trim. No need to become a balloon just because of a birthday and some gray hair! Besides we have a party later and I want to look good."
Screenshot-23.jpg

And if Des isn't Adventuring, he's practicing Martial Arts.

I guess he's hoping for a sparring rematch with Crewe to redeem himself.

Torre's shown some interest in this too, now that he's a teen, probably due to the Disciplined trait he got at birth.
Screenshot-40.jpg

And the party Jo and Crewe attend is at the Ichtaca house!

Looks like the precinct is here in force with George Dean and Don Lothario in attendance.

And Ruby and Roxie (Lin) Broke are here too.

Carl is happily playing guitar while Crew accompanies him on piano.

But Deanna's outfit leaves something to be desired, so we turn our attention to some makeovers.
Screenshot-52.jpg

Deanna's favorite color is blue so we pick a cute hairstyle, braided pigtails with blue accented hair bobbles.

And a cute blue and white formal dress with white bow and ties with white tights and blue shoes for her formal.
Screenshot-54.jpg

Mark shows up and we pick out a gray formal with a light blue tie.
Screenshot-61.jpg

I'm not sure what type of party this is, but Deanna, Evie, and Roxie are in formals, while Carl and Mark are not.

Maybe it was an optional dress party? And you know with a choice, girls will dress up and guys won't!

And that smile on Carl's face as he plays guitar, is party due to the song and party, but mostly due to maximizing guitar!

I'm not sure why Deanna's so startled here. She's looking in Don's direction but I didn't see anything unusual going on.
Screenshot-84.jpg

I find Rico downstairs, so he gets new clothes too.

Since the boys are fraternal siblings, I chose the same everyday outfit as I did for Mark.

With their totally different looks and wings, no danger in mixing these two up!

I think I was right and the guys chose not to dress up for this one.

But for a party, Rico looks a bit sad.
Screenshot-81.jpg

Jo chats with Deanna as Crewe gives mark a hug, but Rico's looking the odd man out.

Dee: "Don't feel left out Rico! Nana Jo and Papa Crewe will spend some time with you too. You have to remember there's three of you and only two of them!"

Rico *looking at Crewe and Mark* "Oh, it wasn't that Watcher. Papa Crewe and Mark are so much alike. They're both artistic and athletic and look at their wings. They are the same shape and color. Mine are so different."

Dee: "And that's what makes you unique Rico! You've got your Dad's dark hair and the first golden yellow wings we've ever had. I was so happy to see your Dad passing on his coloring to his oldest son and then you got those amazing wings. And you're Good like your Mom and Athletic like Papa Crewe, the perfect combination of old and new for this branch of the family!"

Rico *shocked* "Oh, I never thought of it that way! I've got something from my Mom, my dad, Papa Crewe, and something just mine! Thanks Watcher, that makes me feel a lot better."

Dee: "Any time Rico! Don't just worry and feel sad about things on your own. Talk to someone, and even if all they do is listen, you'll feel better."
Screenshot-100.jpg

Back at the house, most of the girls have bedded down for the night in Karlie Jo's room, including doll Pat.

Wow, so many in one room and all asleep just after 10, seems too good to be true.
Screenshot-93.jpg

Then I see Jared pop up in the hall.

Dee*narrowing her eyes at him*  "Jared? What are you up to?"

Jared *over his shoulder* "No big plans Watcher. Just heading outside for a nice relaxing rock."
Screenshot-105.jpg

Well, that sounds innocent enough.

Until he disappears through the wall and into Karlie Jo's room, waking all the girls with a thumbs down gesture.

Jared*yelling* "You girls call this a party? Lame and boring! Wake up and get this party started!"

And then he floats complacently on through the back wall.
Screenshot-111.jpg

The girls all wake up startled and very sleepy after only a few minutes in their sleeping bags.

Karlie Jo and Ariel don't seem to be shocked at all by Jared's ghost. Maybe because they're family?

But it looks like Tana Dean and Sofia Newbie are quite disgusted by the ghostly form passing through the room.
Screenshot-120.jpg

I catch up with him outside!

Dee *annoyed* "Jared! They were all asleep! That was mean! Oh, right, your Mean-Spirited trait strikes again! But that was rude, even for you!"

Jared *full of pride* "That was pretty good, ummh, bad. And those girls were awfully cute. Maybe I should have stayed to chat?"

Dee: "No! That would have been inappropriate….oh….you are such a slave to your traits! Besides, you're old and at least half of those girls are your granddaughters, several times removed of course, but still totally unacceptable even for someone Inappropriate!"

Jared *sobering up* "Oh, well you don't have to be that mean, pointing out my age and all. But I can still be proud as my good looks are still being passed on!"

Dee: "Well, maybe to the Frio boys and Danica, who have your and Claire's auburn hair, but Ariel and Karlie Jo are blondes like their grandmothers, and Joey's a brunette like her great-grandmother and mother. But I agree with you overall, a great looking generation so far! I can't wait to see how they age up at their young adult birthdays."

Jared *surprised* "Oh, it's getting close to that time is it? The jump to the next town can't be far behind that!"

Dee: "Well, Matt's still a child and will have two weeks to be a teen, so a bit of time yet. But yes, the clock is starting to tick a bit. It's gone so fast and the teens are starting to pair up so I'm anxious to see who the choices end up being."
Screenshot-122.jpg

Some of the girls try to go back to sleep, but Karlie Jo and Pat chat a bit.

Looks like Pat is really trying to be nice as she chats to Karlie Jo about Festival Tickets.
Screenshot-127.jpg

Oh, and Lucy woke up to find Torre home and grabbed him for a kiss!

Looks like these two have settled on one another and I couldn't be happier!
Screenshot-132.jpg

So with a slumber party and house party at the Ichtaca's, it looks like friends are being made throughout the town.

And the teens are starting to pair up as I got several notices about couples popping up all around town.

Joey Ichtaca and Wesley Lin. And her twin, Danica, is going steady with Lester Shallow.

Ariel's now dating Austin Crosby and her twin, Aidan, has been seen about town with Darla Newbie.

And on the Frio home front, it looks like Torre and Lucy will be one of our potential heir couples!

Will Karlie Jo stick with Kraig?

And who will Matt choose as his friends?

Those questions and more will be answered in upcoming chapters.

Join me for Chapter 91-- Discussing Heirship and Careers
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2019, 11:57:07 PM »
Chapter 91-- Discussing Heirship and Careers

And now that they're teens, Torre and Karlie Jo discuss heirship and possible careers.

Torre: "My Disciplined trait is tempering my Diva trait that tries to persuade me that I'm the best candidate for heir, Karlie Jo. Of course, I'm still very Excited about the possibility! As for a career, I'm leaning towards sports, not that I'm all that athletic but I love Martial Arts, and feel it could be a good fit for me, especially since dad's hoping for a superstar athlete in the family!"

Karlie Jo: "I know what you mean Torre, I'm Friendly so making friends is easy for me, but since I'm Easily Impressed I have to be careful not to make the wrong kind of friends. And now that I'm Perceptive, being a PI is high on my list of careers right now. But frankly, I'm not thrilled with my Bumble Bee wings so I'm not sure I want to be passing them down to the next heir generation!"

Torre: "And poor Matt, we're waiting until he becomes a young adult of course, but being Neurotic and Over-Emotional already is a bad draw for him."

Karlie Jo: "And he's Perceptive enough to realize that, the poor kid! But maybe his next two traits will make up for those. And you and I could get poor traits at our next birthdays. Whoever gets chosen, I know that couple will do their best for the family."
Screenshot-150.jpg

Pat and Karlie Jo chat and play but then Pat asks: "I heard you talking with Torre earlier, what is heirship?"

Karlie Jo: "Oh, that means the one who is chosen to continue the journey as the main family line. The other siblings become spares. They move out of the main home in the next town and have their own branch, staying in that town when the rest of the family moves on."

Pat: "So what would happen to me either way?"

Karlie Jo*smiling happily* "Oh, you'll always be my best friend Pat-pat and I'm sure my children would love having you as their friend too!"

Pat is shocked into speechlessness at this statement!

To always be a doll, drooled over and yanked on by toddlers and children or an IF, almost alive, but never to become real after that one exquisite night at Prom.

It sounds like a living nightmare to her!

Why couldn't she just have stayed a doll, like Patterns, blissfully unaware of the possibility of being real?!?
Screenshot-159.jpg

And the Frio males head on out for a day of fishing and male bonding before it gets too cold.

But the small pond is already frozen over so they settle for roasting marshmallows around the fire.
Screenshot-182.jpg

Later that evening, Torre goes to the Fall Festival with Lucy.
Screenshot-193.jpg

And being caught up with the guys day out and Torres festival time, I am shocked when I get pulled back to the house for Des' Adult birthday!
Screenshot-203.jpg

And Des follows in the footsteps of so many Frio spouses and has a mid-life crises!

Even though I think he still looks like Dashing Desmond!
Screenshot-205.jpg

And little Matt saves the day by giving his dad a birthday present.
Screenshot-213.jpg

And then they play a game of chess together while Carly dances nearby.

Des: "So have you thought about going in to Law Enforcement when you get older, Matt?"

Matt: "Well, something close. Maybe a private investigator, helping the police sometimes, and solving cases. But I get upset so easily and always keep checking the sink and the stove. It's tough with traits like mine dad!"

Des: "Well, I managed to overcome my Loser trait Matt, so hang in there. It is possible to have a great life despite poor traits."
Screenshot-214.jpg

Outside, it looks like Torre and Lucy are back from the Festival and sharing a very romantic moment.
Screenshot-219.jpg

When I again get pulled away, to the front of the house this time!

Just in time to see Karlie Jo being abducted by aliens!

I wonder if they count as Supernaturals?
Screenshot-233.jpg

With Karlie Jo's negative thought bubble about the alien, I guess not.

I'm just glad it wasn't Des coming back with a big surprise!
Screenshot-241.jpg

And Torre surprises Lucy with flowers, Romantic red!

These two are so cute and fast becoming my favorite couple.
Screenshot-243.jpg

The weekend has arrived and Matt is busy with the toy oven as the day of his bake sale has arrived!
Screenshot-252.jpg

And Matt tends the bake sale table in a snow storm!

Dee: "Wouldn't it have been better to do that earlier in the season Matt?"

Matt: "Maybe, but who could resist cookies and brownies with a cup of hot cocoa!?"
Screenshot-259.jpg

He may have something there as first Sherman Bagley stops at his table.
Screenshot-262.jpg

Then Aidan Jones buys a few items.
Screenshot-263.jpg

And Dameon Grisby can't resist as he's drawn in by the delicious smell!
Screenshot-270.jpg

And finally Aidan Jones wanders by again and asks if Matt has anything left.

Matt: "Sure Mr. Jones, a few cookies and brownies. Would you like another one?"

Aidan Jones: "Well, I'm heading on home, so I'll buy up the lot, if it's all right with you!"

Matt *so emotional he stammers* "Wow, that would be greee…aat Mr. Jones. I'll just get a bag and get them wrapped up for you. Thhh…anks so much!"

Aidan Jones: "My pleasure Matt! My family will love your baked goods. You're a great little chef already!"

Matt*thinking* A chef? Not a bad idea, not a bad idea at all!*
Screenshot-274.jpg

And speaking of ideas, Des decided to ask one of the Genies for more wishes.

What could it hurt right?

And with the glowing sparkles above him, the Genie grants him two more wishes!

Des: "Wow, either my Loser trait has really lost all of it's power or the Genie took pity on me! Either way, I win with two more wishes!"

Dee: "So what are you going to wish for?"

Des *thinks, then says* "I'm not sure yet. I hadn't got past the idea of wishing for more wishes."
Screenshot-286.jpg

And Karlie Jo invites a school friend, Tracey Shallow, over to get to know him better.

They're both easily impressed so a compatible trait already!
Screenshot-297.jpg

And she finds out that he's just started dating a new girl at school.

She's happy for the both of them and wonders if they'll get to double date someday.
Screenshot-298.jpg

They continue to chat as Pat looks on a bit wistfully.

I'm not sure if she's jealous of the boy taking up Karlie Jo's time or of Karlie Jo's friendship with someone else!

Pat *sadly* "Neither Watcher. Just wondering what it will be like to just watch others live their lives instead of getting to live my own."
Screenshot-303.jpg

And Karlie Jo acts on her strong feelings for Kraig by pulling him in for a Heat of the Moment Kiss!

She knows she's setting herself up for possible heartbreak, but she thinks he's the one for her!
Screenshot-320.jpg

And Kraig proves her faith is justified as he grabs her and kisses her soundly!

Kraig *whispering as he kisses her* "I've been waiting forever to do that Karlie Jo!"
Screenshot-323.jpg

And later on, a concerned Jo talks to Karlie Jo about heirship.

Jo: "So have you and Torre talked about heirship at all Karlie Jo?"

Karlie Jo: "Well, now that we're teens, it has come up. And we both feel we have good qualities for being heir and carrying on the family journey." *blushing a bit* "And we both have eligible romantic interests in Lucy and Kraig. But we won't get our final traits and pick our LTW's until our young adult birthdays, so until that happens, we're both just trying to focus on high school, making friends and building our skills so we can be prepared, whoever gets chosen. And it still could be Matt, even though his traits so far are a bit negative, more so than usual for this generation."

Jo*with relief*  "It sounds like you've both thought it through as well as you can. I know that either one of you would be great as heir. And Matt may surprise us yet!"
Screenshot-142.jpg

So the heir teens have picked their potential spouses!

Torre settling on Lucy Broke and Karlie Jo on Kraig Bagley.

And they seem to be very aware of their good and not so good traits.

But what of Matt? Will his teen birthday bring him a more positive trait or add to his list of poor ones?

But Matt's teen birthday is after the first two sets of twins in the family become young adults!

So first we should have YA birthdays for:
Shawn and Mia's: Ariel and Aidan Frio (spares)
Evie and Carl's: Joey and Danica Ichtaca (spares)

And then it should be teen birthdays for:
The Ichtaca triplets: Rico, Deanna, and Mark (spares)
And Carly and Des': Matt Frio (potential heir)

Then Carly and Des' twins, Torre and Karlie Jo Frio (potential heirs) become Young Adults at the end of the week!

And Shawn and Mia's little Ernesto becomes a toddler soon too!

But that's if everyone cooperates and keeps to the schedule----which hasn't happened yet.

So join us for lots more cake for the Frio/Ichtaca clan in Chapter 92-- Do We Have to Eat Cake?!
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2019, 01:20:39 PM »
Chapter 92-- Do We Have to Eat Cake?!

Both the Frio and Ichtaca families have been invited over to participate in the birthday festivities.

First up for her young adult cake is Ariel, as she sparkles and spins!
Screenshot-358.jpg

And our new young adult grows up in a shockingly red outfit that clashes terribly with her purple scales!
Screenshot-367.jpg

And with a makeover and some more appropriate clothes our mermaid is looking very smart and stylish!

Ariel Frio--Young adult mermaid
LTW: Chess Legend
Traits: Neurotic, Genius, Unlucky, Loner, added Virtuoso at YA
BF: Austin Crosby (Son of Odin and Heather Crosby)
Screenshot-372.jpg

Then her twin Aidan stands by his cake.
Screenshot-380.jpg

And grows up into quite an interesting looking young man with his mother's ivory skin and vibrant red hair.

But that hairstyle has got to go! It's one of the worst ones I've seen for a guy.
Screenshot-393.jpg

But before I head on into stylist, I get pulled across the room to see this!

Crewe aging up to Adult!

Well join the party, and thankfully you won't need cake as we have plenty of it already.
Screenshot-403.jpg

He doesn't look any different to me, but I'm sure he'll be worrying about wrinkles like all the rest of them!
Screenshot-406.jpg

And back to our YA birthday boy, we have:

Aidan Frio---young adult fairy
LTW: Greener Gardens
Traits: Loves the Heat, Heavy Sleeper, Unlucky, Hopeless Romantic, and added Friendly at YA
GF: Darla Newbie (Daughter of Bob and Betty Newbie)
Screenshot-416.jpg

With more appropriate hair and clothes, Aidan lets Joey Ichtaca continue with the birthdays.
Screenshot-424.jpg

And Joey becomes a young woman that looks even more like her mother Evie, but with her father's blue eyes!

Joey Ichtaca---young adult fairy
LTW: Magic Makeover
Traits: Slob, Heavy Sleeper, Loves the Heat, Supernatural Skeptic, and adds Can't Stand Art at YA
BF: Wesley Lin (son of Don Lothario and Shirley Lin)

She picks out a flattering gown in violet with black accents that I loved and that she could care less about, as a Slob!
Screenshot-438.jpg

And she found the everyday outfit she grew up into quite comfy and casual, so all we did was change the sweater color to violet and the skinny jeans black to match the long-sleeved under blouse.

Again, nothing she cares about, but I really loved her look as the violet really brings out the purple tones in her wings!
Screenshot-432.jpg

But when it's time for Danica's cake, she's nowhere to be found!

Apparently Nana Jo took her driving earlier and she was so stressed afterward she went home.

And then we find out the Ichtaca triplets didn't make it over as they all had after school activities.

Matt is concerned that he'll now have to wait for his cake, but we decide that since everyone's here, we'll go forward with his teen birthday after all.

So he steps up to his cake and makes a wish!
Screenshot-449.jpg

And we rethink his birthday as he gets Unlucky for his teen trait!

But it can't be undone so we'll just have to live with it.
Screenshot-462.jpg

It's quite chilly outside but Des and Matt eat their cake and discuss his new trait.

Matt *taking a deep breathe* "I was really hoping for a good trait this time dad. If not good, then at least one that wasn't awful, but Unlucky? I mean that's almost one of the worst ones!"

Des *firmly* "But you don't have to let it rule your life Matt. Traits are things you have, and in this particular journey, we're not allowed to change them. But we can do our best to overcome them. I'm supposed to be a Loser, but do I look like a loser to you? Does my life reflect that I'm a loser?"

Matt *considering* "Well, no dad, I wouldn't consider you a loser in any way! You've reached the top of your career and busted up a criminal ring, and you married Mom and she's super.  You got to be part of this family and their journey and this is the 6th town, so you're helping complete that. *smiling a bit* And you have three pretty good kids to contribute as heirs to this generation! So you're not a loser at all dad! *but then dejectedly* But….you have good traits too….mine are all….awful!"

Des: "Aw, but that's where you're wrong. You're Perceptive, and that's a good trait. In fact, it's so good it's what makes you aware of your other traits negative qualities. But let's look at your other traits. Neurotic can be bad, if you LET it. But if you just use it to keep yourself and others safe, it's not a bad trait. Others can get real stressed out but you can let off steam with that trait and keep yourself calm and centered. As for Over-Emotional, that one works both ways too. You can LET it rule you and stay negative and sad about your lot in life or you can let it make your accomplishments that much more of a success. As for the new trait, Unlucky. Luck is what we make it. If you work hard, focus on good things, be a good man, I think you make your own luck. That's not to say you won't lose at games and stuff. But games aren't life. You know what they say, 'Lucky at cards, unlucky in love'! I'd rather have a lucky love life than win at cards any day! And both your cousins, Ariel and Aidan, have the Unlucky trait too, and they're coming along just fine!"

Matt *a bit overwhelmed* "Wow, I never thought of it like that dad! Papa Crewe is Neurotic and so is Mom, but they've let those traits help them to become the great Sims they are! I was just focusing on the negative aspect of those traits and if I do that then things will BE negative. But if I focus on good things, and work hard, yes, I can see myself being a great man, just like you dad!"
Screenshot-464.jpg

After cake, Carly is playing bass for some of the family in the basement.

And as they watch, Carly maxes bass and completes her LTW!
Screenshot-470.jpg

The next evening, Jo and Crewe are at the Ichtaca's to celebrate four more birthdays.

We had planned on Danica going first but she's not home, so Rico steps up to his cake as the oldest of the triplets.
Screenshot-481.jpg

And Rico becomes a teen, adding Animal Lover to his traits.

He's got Carl's hair color and Evie's mouth, I think, and of course those unique golden yellow wings.

And he decides on a teen career as a homemaker.

Dee: "Interesting choice Rico!"

Rico: "Well, I don't have to go anywhere after school and what's a few dishes and some laundry. An easy enough teen job. Besides it will help mom and dad out and I'll not only get brownie points from them for doing my regular chores, but I'll get paid for it too! It's a win-win for me!"
Screenshot-497.jpg

And Deanna is at ballet class so Mark goes next.
Screenshot-507.jpg

He grows up into a teenager adding Star Quality to his list of traits.

He's got Evie's hair color and Carl's face shape, a nice mix of both of them!

Mark: "Wow, I even aged up in decent clothes for a change! And the hair's not bad either."

Dee: "I agree, one of the best teen hair and outfits I've seen!"
Screenshot-518.jpg

Then Danica finally gets home and thinks real hard about her YA birthday wish!
Screenshot-531.jpg

She ages up to YA but doesn't look as much like Evie now as her twin does.

Danica Ichtaca---young adult fairy
LTW: Unknown, but she chooses a career in Music
Traits: Brave, Couch Potato, Never Nude, Bookworm, and Loner at YA
BF: Lester Shallow

But I see why she chose a Music career as she rocks this formal black and white gown!
Screenshot-553.jpg

Then Deanna gets home from ballet and rushes to her cake, eager to join her brothers as a teen.
Screenshot-562.jpg

And our youngest Ichtaca adds Star Quality to her traits, just like brother Mark.

She's got her mother's long brown locks but her face leaves no doubt that she's Carl Ichtaca's daughter!

She's Brave like him too, and decides on her LTW right away: Firefighter Superhero.
Screenshot-589.jpg

With that being the last of the cakes, those who want some, all grab a slice and chat about their day.

Deanna: "Ballet was fun when I was a child, but I'd like to join Art Club now that I'm a teen. Papa Crewe's been showing me some different painting techniques and I want to try some of them out."

Mark: "Good thing Joey's moved out to her own place. She'd hate having two artists in the family with paintings all over the place now that she Can't Stand Art!"

Deanna: "Speaking of moving out. I've been thinking about that too. I know I'm only a teen, but a place of my own where I could paint with no distractions, does sound pretty good."

Danica *thoughtfully* "I just added Loner to my traits so you'd think I would be the one who wanted to move out. But I'm happy here in the family home. Maybe my new trait hasn't kicked in yet?"

Evie *firmly* "I'd like to keep the rest of us together for awhile, if you don't mind. You'll all be grown up and leaving the nest for families of your own soon enough!"
Screenshot-596.jpg

And our new Adult Carl, plays a piano tune he's just written while everyone clears away their cake plates.

We didn't get to celebrate his birthday, but he should have aged up when Des did as they were close in age.

Danica's expression leads me to believe her Loner trait may be kicking in after all with the crowd getting rather too close for comfort!
Screenshot-598.jpg

Wow, I'll need another pill to alleviate all the sugar from this birthday cake chapter!

Nine birthdays, eight with cake, and 4 new young adults and 4 new teens for the Frio clan.

And I got notices of the following events:

Aidan Frio moved in with the Ichtaca family.

Joey Ichtaca got engaged to Wesley Lin.

Danica Ichtaca got engaged to Lester Shallow.

And Ariel surprised everyone when she announced that she and Austin Crosby were expecting their first child!

So Evie was right when she said they'd be leaving the nest soon enough.

So we have lots of exciting events coming up!

Torre and Karlie Jo become young adults at the end of the week with final traits and LTW wants to choose!

And with Matt's teen years just starting, we can look forward to high school, dating, and Prom.

Will Matt succumb to his Unlucky trait or work hard and overcome it?

Join me in Chapter 93-- Love Is In The Air
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2019, 09:08:07 AM »
Chapter 93-- Love Is In the Air

Some couples just belong together right from the start, like Carly and Des.

These two became friends as children and there love blossomed from then on.

With both of them completing their LTW's, they spend most of their free time together.

Here they both show off some dance moves and Des shows off some muscle!

By the look I'm getting from Carly, I don't think she likes the idea of me ogling Des' muscles!
Screenshot-600.jpg

But they're not the only couples spending time together.

Love is finding it's way into the hearts of their three teens as well.

Karlie Jo and Kraig only have eyes for each other.
Screenshot-609.jpg

And Kraig enjoys her company and attention way past his bed time.

Knowing he's getting sleepy, Karlie Jo gives him a special goodbye kiss!
Screenshot-610.jpg

And Matt's focusing on a girl he met at Karlie Jo's slumber party when he was just a kid.

But now that he's aged to teen, Sofia Newbie has even more appeal!

He chats with her and gets to know her better, even though an annoying paparazzi is staring at them.
Screenshot-612.jpg

He asks her if she's seeing anyone special and finds out she's not serious about anyone…yet.
Screenshot-633.jpg

So he doesn't waste anytime and gives her a special massage.
Screenshot-624.jpg

And surprises her with flowers.

Matt *with a cheesy grin* "I saw these and couldn't help thinking of you!"

Sofia *dreamily* "Oh, they're so pretty Matt! You're so sweet."
Screenshot-620.jpg

And with both of them so into each other they share their first kiss!
Screenshot-636.jpg

Which leads to a steamy dip kiss.

Looks like these two are well on their way to love!
Screenshot-630.jpg

And Des and Torre chat while they play chess.

Des: "I hear from Nana Jo that you and your sister have been discussing traits, future careers, and heirship."

Torre: "Yeah, we age to young adults in a few more days so we thought we should start giving it some thought. Matt's just become a teen so we have two more weeks before he ages to young adult, but time here in Riverview is coming to an end."

Des *thoughtfully* "Well, I'm glad you're taking it seriously and including Matt. I know the Watcher was hoping for an heir with my turquoise hair, which would have made the decision for her easier. But since that didn't happen, we feel that any of you could handle heirship, so it's still wide open. But final traits, LTW's, and spouses, will all determine which one of you is chosen."

Torre *not meeting his dad's eyes* "But how do you know if it really should be you or one of your siblings Dad? My Diva trait makes me think so much of myself that I'm not sure if I'm really qualified or the trait just makes me think I am!"

Des *gently* "Son, since you realize that, it's a good sign that you know yourself pretty well. You're not just accepting it, but really doing some soul searching. And the heir typically knows in their heart if it's something they want to take on. Being heir is a wonderful privilege, but it's also a big responsibility, and sometimes heirs have to make sacrifices. Sacrifices their siblings won't have to make."

Torre *concerned* "Did you and Mom have to make any sacrifices dad?"

Des * a bit sadly* "One big one on your mother's side. She really wanted another child but if that happened, one of you three wouldn't be able to have your SO come with us and then wouldn't be eligible for heirship. So she put her desire aside for the good of her existing children."

Torre *shocked* "Oh, I never even considered something like that! Wanting another child but giving it up for the good of the family. It's a lot to think about dad."

Des: "It is son, but you've been thinking about it a lot already, so let's just focus on this game. I'm planning on winning you know!"

Torre *grinning* "You can try dad. You can certainly try."
Screenshot-639.jpg

And Carly gets to have a heart to heart with Matt.

Carly: "Your dad tells me you're a bit concerned about the traits you've gotten so far."

Matt: "I was, especially that Unlucky one, but dad helped me to see that I can be better than my traits, not just accept them. And you know, I took a chance with Sofia, and she likes me back so I'm feeling like Dad said, 'take that ,Unlucky trait'!"

Carly *happily* "Oh, that's good to hear Matt! You sound so much like your dad, fighting his Loser trait. We Frios are fighters, have to be to keep this journey going. And don't let being Neurotic get you down either Matt. Papa Crewe and I both have saved this family countless times by checking the sink and the stove!"
Screenshot-642.jpg

And Torre's confident enough with his Martial Arts skill to challenge Crewe to a sparring match.

Crewe beats him 2 to 1 so is still the reigning champ in the house!
Screenshot-652.jpg

But they both earn another skill point and a new belt.

And I love Torre's glasses in his new uniform!

They make him look so distinguished, more a Frio but more like his father too.
Screenshot-659.jpg

And then Karlie Jo answers the phone and tells Papa Crewe that Uncle Shawn wants him and Nana Jo to come over and visit.
Screenshot-664.jpg

Jo rushes into the house and is happily surprised to find Ariel's daughter has arrived safe and sound.

Meet Dixie Frio everyone, our newest fairy with red sparkles fluttering around her!

Nana Jo and Papa Crewe are great-grandparents!
Screenshot-671.jpg

Papa Crewe cuddles little Ernesto who's aged up to toddler with his mother's fiery red hair and his father's pink wings.
Screenshot-685.jpg

But Crewe soon realizes that with a nooboo in the house, Ernesto has some pressing needs.

First he needs the potty.

Crewe: "Papa will get you all taken care of little man. Don't you worry. And with your sister Ariel having little Dixie, you're an uncle already my man!"
Screenshot-686.jpg

And once that's done, Crewe gets him settled in his highchair with some baby food.

And we see that he's inherited his mother's mersim genes as well with orange scales on his legs!
Screenshot-697.jpg

In the meantime Nana Jo has gotten sweet Dixie all comfy and is settling down for a nice rock.

Dee: "Is that a smile I see Jo? You're usually so serious in the rocking chair."

Jo *not able to keep the gentle smile from her lips* "Oh, I just have so much to smile about Watcher. Eleven grandchildren! Both Joey and Danica just got married. And now I'm getting to see my great-granddaughter! Blessed, we have been so blessed!"
Screenshot-691.jpg

And Crewe helps Ernesto take a few steps.
Screenshot-706.jpg

While Jo decides it's time to put Dixie in her crib.

Jo *thinking* Oh, I hate to put her down. My heart is bursting with love for this little one. I didn't think I could feel even more love for my family but it just keeps growing and growing with each new little life. It's a wondrous feeling!*
Screenshot-714.jpg

And she shares her love with her granddaughter Ariel.

Jo: "She's so sweet Ariel! Congratulations. If you ever need a sitter, you have my number. Remember, Nana Jo's only a phone call away!"

Ariel: "Thanks so much Nana Jo, I can't believe I'm a mother!  I will definitely keep your number at the top of my list! And I'll be calling you and Mom a lot!"
Screenshot-721.jpg

And Nana Jo can't leave without getting in some tickles and cuddles with Ernesto.
Screenshot-735.jpg

Then she brings him up to the nursery for some play time while his new aunt sleeps.
Screenshot-738.jpg

Back at the main Frio house, Karlie Jo and Des make a snowman together.

But Karlie Jo just wanted some alone time with her dad.

Karlie Jo: "Dad, Torre and I have our birthdays tomorrow night."

Des *laughing* "I know sweetheart! It's a big event, one we've all been anticipating for a long time!"

Karlie Jo: "But what if I turn out awful dad! A bad trait, a terrible LTW, it could ruin everything!"

Des *shaking his head* "You throw all those kind of thoughts into the trash my girl! You could never turn out awful. *giving her a look* After all, look who your parents are, Dashing Desmond and Charming Carly---no way we'd have an awful kid!" *softly* "Seriously Jo-jo bean, you've already got your Mom's breathtaking good looks and a very good head on your shoulders. You'll do just fine."

Karlie Jo *taking a breathe* "Oh Dad, 'Jo-jo bean', you and mom haven't called me that since I was little! It makes me feel so special, loved and taken care of, wrapped up in a big warm hug! Thanks, dad, I feel better."

Des: "Just the way we meant it then and I do now. And speaking of warming up, let's get inside and have some cocoa. It's freezing out here!"
Screenshot-728.jpg

So time is moving right along for the Frios.

Matt's started dating Sofia Newbie.

Engagements have turned into marriages.

An expected nooboo has been born, giving Crewe and Jo their first great-grandchild, Ariel's little Dixie!

And another one is on the way as Danica and Lester are now expecting!

And our heir children, Torre, Karlie Jo, and Matt are getting ever closer to big decisions.

For Torre and Karlie Jo some of those decisions will be in the next chapter as they age to young adults!

So join me as we head into Chapter 94-- Young Adult Choices
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2019, 05:52:13 PM »
Chapter 94-- Young Adult Choices

The time everyone has been waiting for is finally here.

Torre and Karlie Jo's young adult birthdays!

An already aged up Lucy Broke is in attendance as well teen Glenda Lin, a friend of Matt's.

And Nana Jo's making her way over to join in the birthday festivities as Torre stands patiently by his cake.
Screenshot-741.jpg

And Torre becomes a young man with classic Frio coloring and facial features showing his Torres heritage!

Torre Frio-- young adult fairy
LTW: Physical Perfection (level 10 in Martial Arts and Athletic)
Traits: Disciplined, Excitable, Can't Stand Art, Diva, and Handy at YA
Favorites: French music, Aloo Masala Curry, and White
Career: None chosen yet
GF: Lucy Broke
Screenshot-753.jpg

Then Karlie Jo has her turn as her family and friends gather round for this all important birthday.

She makes her wish and gets set to blow out the candles.
Screenshot-763.jpg

And she ages to young adult more beautiful than ever!

Crewe looks completely shocked, and Carly looks a bit startled as well.

They're either surprised at her choice of outfit or they're both thinking about checking the sink---again.

But I'm wrong on both counts---they are both shocked at her new trait---Unstable!

But our Karlie Jo is a stunner, growing up with nice hair and decent clothes for a change, and a big smile on her face.

Not yet aware of her unfortunate final trait.

Karlie Jo Frio-- young adult fairy
LTW: Alchemy Artisan (Level 10 in Alchemy and use 50 elixirs)
Traits: Easily Impressed, Friendly, Supernatural Fan, Perceptive, and Unstable at YA
Favorites: Indie music, Shawarma, and Green
Career: Not chosen yet
BF: Kraig Bagley
Screenshot-773.jpg

And right after eating her cake, Karlie Jo blows a noise maker staring into the, for everyone else, empty kitchen!

The others try to ignore her behavior, but I'm sure they're wondering if her trait has kicked in already.

Nana Jo finally gets up the courage to ask: "Karlie Jo who are you blowing that for? The birthdays are over, dear."

Karlie Jo *seriously* "Don't be silly Nana, Pat-pat always has his after mine. He has ever since I was a child!"

At her words, the room is stunned into silence. Carly with her fork frozen on her next bite of cake.

And Karlie Jo realizes, with shock, that her new Unstable trait had her mention Pat-pat out loud. To everyone.

And her words will surely convince them that the trait is very much in control!
Screenshot-781.jpg

But Torre has other things on his mind and is speaking intently to Lucy.

Torre: "You mean so much to me Lucy. I know we've talked about it a bit, but now I have to ask, 'Will you move in and continue our journey with me?'"
Screenshot-812.jpg

Lucy *throwing herself in his arms* "I wouldn't pass up the chance to be with you Torre! Where you go, I will always follow."

Torre *holding her tightly* "I love you Lucy! And I promise you wont' regret your decision!"
Screenshot-815.jpg

Introducing Lucy Broke-- young adult human
LTW: Hit Movie Composer
Traits: Irresistible, Excitable, Virtuoso, Mooch, and Frugal
Favorites: Chinese music, Autumn Salad, and Spice Brown
Career: Music ---Level 1-- Fan
Skills at move in: Fishing --5, Gardening --4, Guitar --2, and Logic --3
BF: Torre Frio

This is her career outfit of course. So we chose a hip rocker hairstyle for this look.
Screenshot-865.jpg

And we go back to the beginning of the journey and Founder Claire's love of Spice Brown for her other outfits.

A close up of her everyday outfit hairstyle with a cute spice brown hat.

I love Lucy's look even more now than when she was a teen.

Platinum Blonde hair, a heart-shaped face, hazel eyes, and a sweet smile!

This daughter of Ruby Broke and Jon Lessen got some exceptional genes.
Screenshot-864.jpg

For her formal, a black gown with spice brown ruffles and rose embellishment.

And a beautiful upswept hairdo with a flirty feather that shows off her irresistible good looks.
Screenshot-860.jpg

For her athletic, we pick a simple tennis dress and use her teen hairstyle with a matching spice brown headband. Perfect for exercising or a jog.
Screenshot-862.jpg

For sunny pool days, a golden hued suit that really sets off her platinum hair.
Screenshot-863.jpg

And for nighttime, a flirty negligée, just like Founder Claire's way back in Sunset Valley.

A timeless style that never goes out of fashion.

Just ask any Sim boyfriend or husband!
Screenshot-861.jpg

But after her makeover and new wardrobe, we realize that this girl is exhausted.

So Torre gives her one last kiss and sends her off to bed.

Torre: "It's been a long day Luce. Go get some rest, love, sweet dreams."

Lucy: "I am pretty beat Torre. Tell everyone I said 'goodnight'."

Torre *all excited* "Did you hear Nana Jo?! Lucy's agreed to join us for the journey!"

JoAnna *a bit subdued* "I heard Torre, and we're very happy for you both."

Torre  *taking note of the tone in her voice* "What's wrong Nana Jo? This is a happy, exciting time, isn't it?"

JoAnna *firmly* "Yes, it is my boy. Yes it is! But a bit of a sad time too."

Torre *confused* "Why sad?" *then realizing what she's doing* "You're looking for your own house, for you and Papa Crewe! To let the others move in and continue our journey! I'd forgotten we only have room for eight. I'm not ready for you to leave us Nana Jo! Not Yet! It's too soon."

JoAnna *gently, but still sitting at the computer* "But it's time Torre. We've already discussed it with your parents. With you and Karlie Jo young adults now, we have to move out. And we are tonight, before I lose my nerve. But you can come visit, all of you, before you leave. I'm counting on that!"
Screenshot-823.jpg

And without another word, JoAnna and Crewe, head off to their new place.

Toz house, another wonderful home made by builder/architect MrsFlynn.

Des and Carly go over to help them get settled in.

Des: "You okay sweetheart?"

Carly *wiping away a tear* "I'll be fine. Just don't want them to see me crying. I know they had to go, but it's hard Des! I've been with them my whole life. It makes me realize just how hard it must have been for Mom and Dad to leave IP and leave Grandpa Logan and Grandma Sasha behind."
Screenshot-830.jpg

With no kids on the lot, Crewe, Carly and Des, surprise me and give skinny dipping a shot!

Apparently being Neurotic doesn't stop you from removing your clothing!

Crewe: "After we relax and soak here a bit, I'll show you around. We found this property in a listing of MrsFlynn homes and the Watcher furnished it and added my studio. It's got easels for my paintings of course, but also a workout area so I can keep in shape. And with the nursery, kid's room, and playground, your mother's happy with it too. She can have the grandkids and great-grandkids over to visit any time she wants!"
Screenshot-835.jpg

And I find Jo rocking in the nursery, in her new home.

Dee: "You doing okay Jo?"

Jo: "Not really Watcher. I never thought leaving the main home would be so hard and hurt so much. It'll take some time but I'll get used to it. And this house is really cute! I love the décor and personal touches you put on it for both me and Crewe. This nursery will be perfect for the younger grandkids and great-grandkids, now that they are showing up. They'll really enjoy the playground out back."
Screenshot-834.jpg

And Jo shows me a picture of the house before they added Crewe's studio and the playground.
Screenshot-81.jpg

And close-ups of the living room.
Screenshot-85.jpg

The kitchen.
Screenshot-84.jpg

And the attached dining area in the 2nd bay window.

After conferring with the architect, MrsFlynn, it was discovered that this whole room was originally intended to be the living room, but I liked it this way so much, I left it as is!
Screenshot-78.jpg

But back at the house, more important choices are being made.

First Karlie Jo is having an intense discussion with Pat-pat.

Karlie Jo *her tone devastated* "How can I subject Kraig to my new trait, let alone lead this family on our journey with it?! I don't even know if I should go with them at all now!"

Pat *consolingly but concerned* "But you love your family and Kraig! And if Kraig truly loves you, then he'll want to be with you no matter what. Besides, if you stay here, our lives really don't continue do they?"

Karlie Jo *thinking this over* "No, once the family leaves Riverview, we're pretty much on our own and out of the story too. But I didn't realize you cared about that. *looking into Pat-pat's eyes* "But you do, very much, don't you?!"

Pat *taking a deep breathe and revealing her deepest secret* "Yes, I do. I know you care about me Karlie Jo and that we're best friends, but I would like to know real love myself! That's why I went to Prom and was mean to you----because everyone loved you and not me!"

Karlie Jo *shocked* "That was you!?! Oh, you're a girl! Oh Pat-pat, I'm so sorry. I never gave that a thought, that if you were real to me, you would have feelings like that and want to BE real!" *firming up her shoulders* "Okay, that means I have to deal with this trait and live my life, so you can live yours too!"

Pat *hopefully* "Really Karlie Jo!? Oh, I promise you won't regret it! *frowning slightly* But I do have one other request. Could you please just call me Pat?"

Karlie Jo: "Of course, Pat, of course! I wish you'd told me all of this sooner. I feel like I've been a very bad friend!"

Pat *hugging her* "No, you've been a great friend. And we can continue that friendship wherever we go now!"
Screenshot-1121.jpg

With Pat's words about Kraig really loving her echoing in her head, she calls and invites him over.

He tells her he just got home from work but he'll come right over.

Kraig *concerned* "You sounded so upset Karlie Jo, I didn't even take the time to change. What's wrong sweetheart?"

Karlie Jo *trying to smile through her distress* "Kraig, I know you've said you wanted to go with us when we discussed it before, but I can't ask without revealing my last trait. I got Unstable Kraig! It could change my whole personality at any time! And I can't let the family take that kind of chance, so I'm stepping down from being an heirship candidate. It'll be between Torre and Matt now. So if you do decide to go with us, with me, it will just be as a spare."

Kraig *sighs with relief* "Oh, you scared me so much baby! I love you, all of you.  I mean, if my Absent-Minded trait didn't put YOU off, on top of my Diva and Klepto traits, why would one trait of yours change how I feel about you? It doesn't, not in the least! I wouldn't dream of letting you go, now or ever. No matter what traits you end up with. Heir or spare, you're stuck with me!"
Screenshot-844.jpg

Introducing Kraig Bagley---young adult human
LTW: Firefighter Superhero (save 30 sims lives working as a fireman)
Traits: Absent-Minded, Brave, Loves the Heat, Klepto, and Diva
Favorites: Egyptian music, Egg Rolls, and Grey
Career at move in: Journalism--level 1
Skills at move in: Charisma--2

As a Diva, Kraig likes to dress well, so we choose this debonair outerwear in his favorite color grey.
Screenshot-857.jpg

And with final traits, LTW's, and future spouses chosen and moved in, these two couples spend some romantic time together.
Screenshot-878.jpg

So with Karlie Jo stepping down from Heirship, that leaves Torre and Matt for candidates.

I'm kind of partial to Torre and Lucy at this point in time.

But Matt's still a teen and I like both of his teen friends, his romantic interest Sofia Newbie with that short flirty red hair and his best friend, Glenda Lin, with her dark good looks.

Both girls are children of original residents with Sofia being the younger daughter of Bob and Betty Newbie, and Glenda being the daughter of Shirley Lin and Don Lothario!

So definitely more choices ahead, as well as Prom for Matt, his teen career, and careers for our new young adults.

Let's see what happens next in Chapter 95--Careers, LTW's, and Prom
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2019, 10:23:49 AM »
Chapter 95-- Careers, LTW's, and Prom

Matt calls and asks Sofia out on a date.

She agrees and says she'll meet him there.
Screenshot-883.jpg

There, being the dive bar in town, which is unfortunately, not open yet.

I thought maybe they could play foosball or something, and look around for something else for them to do.

But they don't need my help with what they decide on, a little romantic time!
Screenshot-887.jpg

And then Matt asks her to prom and she accepts saying they'll be the best couple there and the envy of all their classmates!

But Sofia has to head off to her part time job, so she says goodbye, and that she can't wait for Prom night.
Screenshot-891.jpg

Back at the house, Karlie Jo's decided to get started on her LTW and hits the alchemy station.

Founder Claire's ghost seems a bit intrigued by this new work station and looks on with interest.
Screenshot-881.jpg

Karlie Jo decides to try out some of the elixirs she's been working on and Ruby Broke is her first victim!

She's using Vials of Bliss mostly, so Sims around town should be pretty happy for awhile.
Screenshot-902.jpg

Then she notices just how dead the place is and calls her Mom to let her know the band needs to come down and add some life to the place.

The band draws a bit of a crowd including Shawn's wife Mia and their youngest son, Ernesto.

Carl's playing bass, but due to the small space, he chose to play outside on the porch behind a post, so no picture of him!

The Friolins never had a paying gig** here in Riverview but they all enjoyed being in the band and sharing their love of music.
Screenshot-921.jpg

With the success of her first few elixirs, Karlie Jo focuses on her Alchemy skill.

There were quite a few elixirs in the family chest but some of them are pretty potent so she's making some of the milder varieties.

And Lucy decides to build up her Logic at the table nearby.
Screenshot-934.jpg

Karlie Jo's endeavors are quite successful, even with Pat sneaking up behind her to scare the life out of her.

Lucy wasn't quite so lucky, but a quick shower will take care of those singed bits and then it looks like it's bedtime as well.

Blowing yourself up takes a lot of energy!
Screenshot-937.jpg

Torre's reached a high enough level in Martial Arts that he can now meditate.

Not sure I would have picked the cold frosty ground, but he looks pretty serene so I won't disturb him.
Screenshot-939.jpg

The next morning, Kraig heads off to his first day as a Firefighter at the local Fire Department.

It's a pretty quiet day so he works on maintaining the fire alarm.
Screenshot-1132.jpg

And the fire engine.

He gains Handiness skill the whole time and even with no emergencies, he's gained enough experience to get a couple of promotions.
Screenshot-965.jpg

In the meantime, I find Karlie Jo outside the Police Department.

She's pretty excited as she's just picked up her license as a Private Eye and the details of her first case!
Screenshot-1004.jpg

It looks pretty spooky meeting a stranger on a dark lot.

But Karlie Jo gets the details of the case likes she's been interrogating Sims all her life.

Karlie Jo: "Just the facts, sir, just the facts."
Screenshot-1016.jpg

And later that evening, she solves it!
Screenshot-1031.jpg

When she gets home, we work on her wardrobe.

She chooses this everyday outfit.
Screenshot-1020.jpg

And Lucy shows Torre just how irresistible she is!
Screenshot-993.jpg

But their romance is cut short when she hears the horn of her carpool ride.

She changes into work clothes and runs outside to catch it.

Her love of music is just a step lower than her love for Torre!
Screenshot-996.jpg

And after work, Lucy plays for tips outside the theatre to work on her music skill.
Screenshot-1034.jpg

With Lucy at work, Torre focuses on his martial arts skill, trying to break bigger and harder rocks.
Screenshot-1040.jpg

But when Lucy gets home, she finds Torre right away and gives him a loving look that lets him know they are going to start up right where they left off that afternoon.
Screenshot-1052.jpg

Since the weather's turning colder, Matt decides he needs some new outerwear.

He sticks with mostly grey, his favorite color, but adds a classic white tee and black jacket.
Screenshot-1060.jpg

And then it's finally time for prom!

Karlie Jo chats with Sofia while she waits for Matt to escort her to the limo.
Screenshot-1192.jpg

Matt follows Sofia inside with a big smile of anticipation for this special night.

And he's not disappointed as he gets elected Prom King and they dance the night away with eyes only for each other!
Screenshot-1194.jpg

And while Matt's at prom, Torre and Lucy make the most of their time together.

They flirt a bit and she gives him a gift.
Screenshot-1220.jpg

He's so touched by it that he proposes on the spot and they share a romantic kiss to seal their engagement!
Screenshot-1117.jpg

With prom over, and careers, LTW's, and skilling under way, the last week of their time in Riverview is fast approaching.

Some big events are still in store though.

Join me in Chapter 96-- A Wedding, a Final Birthday, and an Heir!
Coming soon.

**Author's note: I thought getting no offers for gigs was due to the fact that I had to add venues to Riverview and just hadn't done it correctly. But after playing two test games with bands, one in Starlight Shores, and one in Bridgeport, which both have established venues, I've come to the conclusion that the band gigs are glitched and just don't happen anymore. After a week of playing in both of those towns, not one gig offer for any four of the band members. But there were some mysterious phone calls where nothings happens, so I'm assuming that's where the gig op would have been offered. On the positive side---you can make boat loads of money in the Bridgeport subways once a band member reaches level 5 in that instrument. And if you keep queuing up compositions and cancelling them, they gain the comp count which leads to even bigger bucks! And you can add a subway to any community lot from what I read. But I didn't try that in any other town.**

anything