Author Topic: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 31 Jan 21  (Read 22287 times)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 31 Jan 21
« on: November 22, 2018, 04:56:28 PM »
Welcome to ...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Where the school is built over a ruined church, a church that guards the Hellmouth.

The Hellmouth, mystical portal of dark power which attracts zombies, werewolves, incubi, succubi... everything you've ever dreaded was under your bed but told yourself couldn't be by the light of day. They're all real, including vampires.

Fed up with being the youngest and least powerful of his Sire's line, Spike has come to town to create his own vampire dynasty. 
Spike: The truth is, I like this world. You've got... dog racing, Manchester United, and you've got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It's all right here.

And where's there are vampires, there's a Slayer. One girl in all the world, a choosen one. One born with the the strength and skill to hunt the vampires...
Buffy: ... to stop the spread of their evil blah, blah, blah, I've heard it, okay?

While on her way to visit friends in Strange Town, Aaliyah's ship registered an anomalous power surge in a normally bland region of the world.  Going closer to invistigate was a mistake as another power surge took out her wormhole generator forcing her to land in a hurry. After sending a warning message to her homeworld she ran the diagnostics programme and realised there was even more damage. Now she is stuck until she can rebuild.

Notes:

Yes, I'm a Buffy fan, and I couldn't resist a Dynasty that lets me play around with the Buffyverse.

This RDC is unofficial because I want to keep my favourite mods in play.  They are all visual changes but not legal for HoF. I've listed them in a spoiler in case you are curious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 11:48:35 PM »
I'm such a Joss fan and I couldn't help but have a MASSIVE smile on my face when I saw your first screenshot of the Sunnydale sign! Your likeness of Spike is fantastic. I love Buffy and all that world, so am looking forward to this very much!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 11:57:01 AM »
Great start!  I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.  I'll probably be rooting for all three of them. 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 06:38:17 PM »
This looks good -- I love your Buffy, but will be rooting for all three.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 09:39:55 PM »
Best wishes with your RDC! I recognized Spike right away! ;D

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 07:25:50 AM »
@KTK10 Thank you, there's Buffy and Firefly cc on various sims in this world too.
@BallerinaHippo, @MarianT and @oshizu Thank you for reading

Spike week 1

An abandoned warehouse on the edge of town seemed a perfect place to start, so Spike moved in and set about building a new life.

First on the list was some immortal company.  The old vamp on the hill was too much like his sire's line for comfort but the young vamps in town were a much better prospect.  A bit of chatting and some vamp training was all it took to convince them to move in.

It didn't take long to pursuade Lillith that he would make a great father, and so he started on his bloodline.

Meet Spike's heir, Saul Marsters

Next on the agenda was some vampiric offspring of his own.  As always a nightclub seemed the best place to look for candidates.  It was not quite The Bronze, but The Muckery proved to be a fertile hunting ground.

Lillith insisted on a painting club, thankfully they also made great food.  Here's her favourite:
She also joined the fashion influencer career.  Having seen some of the clothing choices Spike's offspring had made, she felt it was vital to improve the local style.

In order to maintain his connections to the underworld, Spike joined the criminal career and quickly rose through the ranks.
He made it to level 5 (Minor Crimlord) by the end of the week.

Caleb was not forgotten, he joined the food critic career, looked after Saul, worked on his Vampire skills and fished a lot.  The Garden Gnomes proved quite tasty, and willing to lend a wrist.

As the week continued and the offspring became newly fledged vampires, Spike was able to train them (and adjust their fashion choices).  In fact things went so well that he finished his vampire family aspiration within the week (just) and was able to get full sunlight resistance.

The garden was flourishing too, with garlic, wolfsbane and mosquito traps fully grown and fruiting, a plasma tree nearly mature and cow plant & dragon fruit planted.

And there we must leave them, at 5:10 on Sunday morning, because the next family is calling.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 26 Nov 18
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 05:13:30 PM »
Aaliyah Week 1

After hastily converting her broken ship into a house, Aaliyah set about gaining the knowledge she needed to make the repairs.  To this end she entered the science career and started researching the local rocket ship text books.  This soon proved boring so she tried contacting any other aliens who were on the planet.  She found a few and they all gathered at a local library to exchange knowledge.  The only male was quite unpleasant (active, mean, glutton) but one of the females was very compatible and willing to join Aaliyah in her quest.

They all agreed to join an entity called a 'club' and together they built a space worthy vessel.

Kimberley found Leonard less incompatible than Aaliyah had and soon she was pregnant.

Aaliyah doubled her efforts and eventually discovered the correct upgrade needed to visit the holiday world 'Sixam'. 
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

She got lucky and found a more genial male on the planet. After a little logical discourse Lincoln agreed to return with her and father her child.  They formalised their mating in a quaint local ceremony called a 'Wedding'
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Even the guests behaved themselves and sat through the ceremony

There was a strange lack of Sims working as scientists, although her club mate Joyce was the receptionist so she had company.  Thankfully after setting fire to a chair while testing the transform function on her Sim-ray, the Lab Director turned up.
However, despite completing all her daily tasks, promotion became more elusive, so she started treating it like all the other jobs and just turning up.

The house by this point was quite crowded and an overhaul was implemented. 

Later that week, some friends came to visit.  They were testing a prototype designed to counter the effects of the power surges.   
It seemed to be working and after a pleasant visit Aaliyah came home even more determined to complete her own rocket.

While all this was happening, young Ariadne (Kimberley and Leonard's child) aged up into a charming toddler.

So at the end of her 1st week on the planet, Aaliyah has reached level 4 scientist, married and become pregnant, and fully upgraded her rocket ship.  She has also spent satisfaction points on Steel Bladder and Antiseptic.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 5 December 18
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 06:47:45 AM »
You are moving through this so fast! Well done. I loved Spike and I am very much looking forward to seeing how their toddler ages into a boy! Aaliyah looks very interested as well. I always love how you build your homes, it spreads inspiration!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 15 December 18
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 06:45:39 PM »
Buffy Week 1

Having accepted that being the Slayer was unavoidable, Buffy set about being the best Slayer ever.  First stop was the gym, partly to get fit and partly to meet other Sims.  She was successful on both counts.

The members of the Powerhouse club were there and Buffy soon made friends, especially with Paolo.

Paolo and Marcus accepted her invitation to move in, and brought along their housemates, Jade & Eva.  With the Scooby Gang in place, and her friendship with Paolo growing, Buffy turned here attention to work.  A school career day (BtVS s2 ep 9: What's my line? pt 1) had suggested that Law Enforcement would be a good choice for her so she went ahead and joined the Detective career.

Some things in life seem destined to repeat themselves, so I guess it was no great surprise to Buffy when she found out that Paolo was a vampire.  And, just like with Angel, it didn't stop them getting intimate, in fact they become parents as well as girlfriend and boyfriend.

With Marcus taking the role of Watcher, Buffy was kept neck deep in vampire research.  Paolo is supposed to be studying too! 

Marcus copes much better with tame vampires than Giles ever did.

Knowing that she would have to cure vampires to earn her place as a Slayer, Buffy started a garden with all the plants she found mentioned in the Lore books.  By the end of the week even the Plasma Trees were ready to harvest.

Eventually all the research paid off and Buffy maxed Vampire Lore.  Paolo insisted on testing the Vampire Cure drink so Buffy mixed him one.

It turns out Paolo was worried that Buffy wouldn't take a relationship with a vampire seriously and as soon as he was Sim again, he proposed.  They don't feel any great hurry to marry.

Working as a Detective was harder than expected.  Buffy only managed 2 promotions, ending the week on level 3.

The best bit though, was when Buffy went to a crime scene.  At the BFF house in Willow Creek, she found 2 of the witnesses were... Spike Marsters and Aaliyah Oakes. So I have a pic of all 3 founders together.

I decided to have the baby at hospital so we could get the certificate.  Meet Dawn Summers.
She made it to toddler by the end of the week. 

I just got time to change her clothes, pics will follow next Slayer turn, as will pics of the house.

Jade and Eva are less visible in the story but still important members of the house.  They have both had promotions in their jobs, Jade is working on the last level of Painter Extraordinaire, and Eva is on the last level of Bestselling Author.

Time to switch back to the Vampires, with Buffy 1 fitness level away from completing Bodybuilder, only a level 3 Detective (Corporal), but having a working Slayers Garden.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 04:25:08 PM »
Ooohh I'm wondering if Dawn will be a vampire? Unless I'm wrong that Paolo was still a vamp when Buffy was pregnant? Loved the reference to "What's My Line" episode of BTVS... I'm going to keep my eyes open for Willow and Oz!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 03:00:38 PM »
Eee, love this!  Love all the Buffy references.  Spike was always my favorite. Well, one of them. Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out! (I can't seem to choose who I want to win XD)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 21 December 18
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 05:06:14 PM »
@KTK10  You're not wrong :)  There were little bats round Dawn when she was born.  Good job the Vampire Cure works.  Not sure about Willow and Oz, but I'm planning for other Slayers - how many can you remember?
@Shewolf13  Thank you for reading, I'll put you down for Team Everybody then.

Spike Week 2 - Mostly about Saul

Toddler Saul was really quite sweet.  He took to learning like a vampire to plasma.

In a short space of time he had maxed Thinking, Communication and Potty and aged up to child.

A quick change of clothes, and he was ready to start his child aspiration – Social butterfly.  It took him less than a day (I didn't time it) and his last action was to make friends with Elsa Bergsen.  Lucas Munch is his BFF.

His choice of clothes still being a bit suspect, another trip to the wardrobe was called for, and he is now ready to embark on his unique aspiration: Chief of Mischief.  He even joined the Renegades club to see if it would help.

He become good friends with Morgan Fyres in the process, and it turns out he finds her especially tasty, so not wife material, decent food is too good to waste.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Picking the people to dislike him was easy, after all which vampire likes a slayer? (Well apparently several, but lets not go there.)

When he went to make himself disagreeable to Aaliyah, he discovered that alien abductions were still a thing.  Didn't stop him from being mean though.

Mischief took him to the Garden of Healing to clog a drain, so while he was there he used the Well to guarantee himself a B grade on his next school day.

Mischief was managed by the end of the week, and he too picked Vampire Family as his bloodline option.  He got some training with his Dad, and spent some time meditating with both Spike and Caleb.

While he is waiting for the next school day, he has started working on his unique skills, Video Gaming and Programming.

Spike has had a good week too.  He started working on Master Vampire which took him back to the Muckery to fight with some of his offspring.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

That, lots of detect personality and reading the Ultimate Vampire Compendium eventually got him to Master Vampire, and he picked Influence Emotions level 1 and Mist Form as his tier 5 powers.  Eternal Sadness and Nightmare sleep are his last weaknesses.

He got 2 more promotions at work and is now level 7 in the Boss branch (Getaway Driver).

Lillith took photo's of him in Sim and Vampire form and actually painted a masterpiece of each, so that's the pictures sorted and in the museum. 

Lillith is still in love with Spike (unlike Dru), so he took her to the Romance Festival to show his appreciation. He also picked all the flowers available which netted him plenty of Birds of Paradise to fertilise the garden.

The garden is expanding, because gaining an orchid to use to make a death flower is proving difficult.  Spike is also spending much of his free time reading gardening books.  He wants level 10 so he can buy the rare seed packets. Here's hoping.

So at the end of week 2, Spike needs to max his career and grow a Death Flower. Saul needs do quite a lot but he has made a good start.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 21 December 18
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 06:44:43 PM »
Wow, moving along so quickly!  That's awesome.  lol and yes, team everybody, for now.  I don't know, maybe sometime down the line, I'll be able to choose XD For now, I'll just enjoy all of them!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 7 Jan 19
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 07:00:15 AM »
Aaliyah Week 2

Jonathon was born before this week started and Aaliyah was delighted not to be pregnant any more.

She cared for him as much as she could in between the activities necessary to her continuing success at work and those she needed to ensure the success of her family. 

The success of her family was now a matter of concern to the government of her home-world and they sent a special envoy to fill her in on the new situation. 

They also gave her a list of new criteria that would have to be met before her genetic line could be allowed to returned to the planet.

Some of the tasks were very pleasant, like learning to cook
and going on romantic dates with her husband so that her alien abilities of Hardly Hungry and Seldom Sleepy could be re-acquired.  She discovered that she enjoyed the 'kissing' activity even if it looked a little strange to start with.

Other tasks were less attractive, such as cleaning up after the toddlers missed the potty.

In time Jonathon aged up into an inquisitive toddler.
He spent a lot of time watching the adults in the house and chatting to the very friendly dragon. 
Eventually he had learned all he could at this stage about thinking and communicating, and after some focused work with his father, he mastered the basic self care expected of his age group and was allowed to progress to the next stage.

He continued to focus on his communication skills as a child, and soon became so fluent in the local language and customs that he was named a Social Butterfly, a special award from his home-world, only given to the most able communicators, and one that guaranteed him entry to the space programme once he reached adulthood.

His transition to the next life stage went smoothly.

Ariadne was not forgotten in all this, her parents had other aims for her and delayed her change to childhood so she could learn everything possible at the toddler stage. She became a Top-Notch Toddler, a rare accomplishment usually only achieved by a few children from the most wealthy home-world families.

Her favourite activity was flying on her fathers back

Aaliyah knew that her home-world government would expect proof that the tasks had been completed, so she spent some of their hard earned money building a special room. Inaccessible to people outside the genetic line, it would house the items that they needed to collect. She started the collection with portraits of herself.  Thankfully her husband was an accomplished painter.

So at the end of week 2, Aaliyah has completed all her requirements except maxing the career, which is nearly level 6.  Jonathon is about to start his teen/move out requirements.