Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233756 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 7 - Maturity"
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 02:23:02 AM »
Chapter 7 – Maturity

“Johnny, do you really think it was wise to leave the girls at home like that?”
“Don’t worry, Diana. Sarah’s a Good, responsible girl.”

“Ha ha, Sarah can’t even use a kitchen sink right!”
“Just shut up and mop, Alicia!”

Apparently the girls didn’t do enough cleaning in the end, but Johnny quickly forgives them. He has other things on his mind.

“Diana, I’ve been thinking. Alicia’s going to be a teenager soon, and after that Sarah’s going to have her birthday too. Before we know it the girls will be moving away, and it seems like we never got around to doing much together as a family.”

“Johnny, we still have plenty of time to do something nice before our kids grow up! You know what, I have just the right idea.”
“I think I know what you have in mind. I love you, Diana.”
“Oh, I know.”

Later that week, the family has a small celebration for Alicia’s teenage birthday.

She inherits the Easily Impressed trait from her mother and her fashion sense from… somewhere. I think it suits her.

She’s still as Evil as ever, of course. I think we’re gonna have fun with this one.

Early the next morning, Johnny rouses his family for a road trip.

“Wake up, Alicia! We’re going camping today!”
“ARE WE FLEEING THE AUTHORITIES?  I CAN CALL SOMEONE TO-”
“Um, no Alicia. Your mother and I just thought it would be nice.”
“BAH! It was foolish of you to awaken me, FOOLISH! I am popping a wish to unfriend you RIGHT NOW!”
“That’s strange, are you having a Mood Swing?”
“NO!”

Oh yes you are. On your first day as a teenager, too. I don’t think this bodes well for the upcoming camping trip.

The Joneses get dressed, pack some supplies, and then drive non-stop until they reach the family campsite. Johnny, Diana and Sarah are thrilled with their new surroundings. Alicia… is not.

“A million deaths to the man who invented the blasted activity of “camping”!”

She passes the time by popping wishes to torment her sister.

“You are an inferior member of your species, Sarah!”
“Are you having a Mood Swing, Alicia?”
“WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP ASKING ME THAT?”

“Take THAT, you infernal do-gooder! How DARE you question my emotional stability!”
“MUUUUM! DAAAAD!”
“SILENCE!”

“Alicia, no fighting with your sister! I thought you girls were too old for this!”
“HAHAHA! Oh, Father. I have only just become old enough for this.”

“Cheer up, Sis. I could always just leave you behind when I move to the next town.”

“Sarah, honey, don’t you want a sausage?”
“I’m a Vegetarian, Dad. Please tell me you packed something else I can eat.”
“…Well, I’m sure there’ll be a garden nearby.”
“Great.”

And so ends Sarah’s last full day as a teenager. For such a sweet Sim, she’s had quite a dramatic adolescence!

On the morning of her birthday, Sarah gets up early to reflect on her life so far – her hopes, her dreams, her regrets. There’s a lot of things she was sure she’d want to change if she had a chance, but she finds that she’s at peace with herself and ready for the next stage of her life.

Make a wish, Sarah.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 04:26:43 AM »
Great story, Ausette! I'm really enjoying this! Happy birthday to Sarah!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 04:46:57 AM »
Happy Birthday to the girls! I love how the family have gone camping. Such a cute idea.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
I love the idea of the family going camping. Alicia's fashion is certainly... interesting. Happy birthday, Sarah!

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 11:29:17 PM »
Is Alicia roasting a whole turkey?!?  That's awesome - clearly I need to play around with the fire pit more often. I'm glad poor Sarah managed to find something to eat after all that drama.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
Thanks, guys  :). I'm glad you like the camping trips. It's something my family did a lot when I was growing up, so I really wanted to include it in the story. Luckily, Bridgeport has some really gorgeous woodsy areas that contrast nicely with the city.

smartburn - Yes, that's a turkey. The thing is huge. Here's some screenshots I didn't include in the chapter:

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 04:38:21 AM »
Awesome! Such amazing screenshots should have definitely been included in the chapter!  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 8 - Dates"
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 08:32:18 AM »
Chapter 8 – Dates

On her Young Adult birthday, Sarah gains the Virtuoso trait and the Master of The Arts Lifetime Wish. Her classmates vote her Most Likely to be a Rock Star. Her mum wants her to be a doctor and her dad would like her to take up professional sports, but Sarah just wants to paint pictures and play the guitar.

She’s all grown up now and pining for a husband. Unfortunately, she didn’t meet any boys when she was at school because apparently all the townies are sterile or something. She’s going to have to choose dates from the pool of surviving townies.

“Tell you what, Sarah. If you want a boyfriend that badly, I can take you down to the pub and introduce you to some nice young voters.”
“You’d do that? Thanks so much, Dad!”

Sarah hasn’t been out to a bar since the fiasco at Waylon’s Haunt, but she’s surprisingly at home in Eugi’s and feels comfortable enough to make the first move with its patrons.

“Hi, I’m Sarah!”
“I’m Jett. Sorry, but I can’t date a girl who doesn’t wear as much makeup as me.”

“Oh, hi Mr. Belle. It’s so weird seeing you outside school.”
“Hey, I know you, you’re the girl who won the art show! Great work. You weren’t in any of my classes, were you?”
“No, you taught my sister. Alicia Jones?”

“THAT DEMON SPAWN IS YOUR SISTER?”
“Okay, moving on then.”

“Sebastian, my man, what if I told you that somewhere in this bar there’s a very beautiful woman who’s quite interested in meeting you?”
“Really? That would be awesome!”

“So where is she?”

“Hi, I’m Sarah! Are you Sebastian Striker?”
“Please, call me Seb. I’m very pleased to meet you, Sarah.”
“*giggle*”

“…So after disabling the seventeenth paparazzi camera in a week you start to pick up an affinity for photography.”
“Wow, you’re a photographer? I’m an artist myself. I just love the feeling of capturing a totally unique moment in a permanent piece of art.”
“Same here!”

Oh, I think we have a winner!

Sarah and Sebastian talk excitedly together until the bar closes. Johnny is thrilled.

The next day, Sebastian and Sarah go out on their first date. It’s really hard to make them walk anywhere because all they want to do is chat and they cancel every other interaction I give them. Ah, young love.

That date leads to another…

And another….

And another, until finally…

Success! Sarah scores her first kiss and locks Sebastian in as a boyfriend. It wouldn’t have taken nearly as long if he hadn’t kept running away because he "needs sleep" or something. You can sleep later, Seb!

Alicia, meanwhile, is in the grip of another Mood Swing. This time, she sneaks out to the graveyard crypt for a drink.

She downs a few Black Moods and then drunkenly eggs the Cook mansion.

Yeah, I bet you can guess how that turned out.

“Your arrest made me late for my date with Sebastian! Just for that, I’m grounding you.”
“Since when do you have the authority to ground me?”
“Since I became a Young Adult apparently!”

Whoops! With all this drama with the girls, I forgot about Johnny’s birthday! He ages up to Elder in the kitchen.

Johnny may be an elder now, but he’s happy and satisfied with his life. He had an extremely successful career, two lovely daughters, and a wife who’ll always love him no matter what.

Well, hopefully she will. Diana, that is the fakest smile I have ever seen.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 09:24:18 AM »
4 dates before the 1st kiss? Maybe he was trying to play hard to get?

Diana could teach an actress a thing or two.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »
Ausette - This story is wonderful!  I just started reading it this morning but I already can't wait for the next update.   I've always liked the Jones family and I'm glad that they're getting a moment to shine on our forum.

Also, since this type of story is now an official forum project, I'm going to move this thread over to the project board. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 10:22:40 AM »
Ausette - This story is wonderful!  I just started reading it this morning but I already can't wait for the next update.   I've always liked the Jones family and I'm glad that they're getting a moment to shine on our forum.

Also, since this type of story is now an official forum project, I'm going to move this thread over to the project board. 

Thank you, Ricalynn!  :D  I've been really enjoying your Dynasty too. I realise I haven't actually read the whole thing yet so I should probably go back and do that sometime. In fact, I should go read all you guys' stories! The fact that we're all on the same thread means we must have similar taste in reading material.

I'll see if I can get an extra chapter up tonight, but it's 10:15pm and my internet is atrocious.

EDIT: It looks like you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry guys.  :P

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »
"She downs a few Black Moods and then drunkenly eggs the Cook mansion."

That line and the picture, along with the grounding picture and dialogue made me laugh until I cried. Very clever and very entertaining!

I am doing my own town jump and I ended up with Bridgeport first. After trying the very boring Starr/Stanley household I gave up and started with the Jones's myself.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 07:17:05 PM »
"She downs a few Black Moods and then drunkenly eggs the Cook mansion."

That line and the picture, along with the grounding picture and dialogue made me laugh until I cried. Very clever and very entertaining!

I am doing my own town jump and I ended up with Bridgeport first. After trying the very boring Starr/Stanley household I gave up and started with the Jones's myself.

Awesome! Glad I made you laugh.  ;D  Will you be posting your town jump? It'll be interesting seeing what the kids look like in your file.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2012, 07:24:36 PM »
I have never posted a story on these forums, although I have had several ideas for some.  I think I will take some screen shots and give an update if that is okay. I am terribly busy between work and other hobbies right now, I don't think I could sit down to get in a story form writing state of mind.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »
I have never posted a story on these forums, although I have had several ideas for some.  I think I will take some screen shots and give an update if that is okay. I am terribly busy between work and other hobbies right now, I don't think I could sit down to get in a story form writing state of mind.

That's fine, work and hobbies come first  :). I can't wait to see your update!