Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233618 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 23 - Impressions"
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2012, 09:35:14 AM »
Ben's looks have definitely grown on me  :). I promise you'll see the nooboos soon!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 25 - Ladies"
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2012, 10:52:53 AM »
Chapter 25 – Ladies

Ben pops a wish to ask Lisa on a date, so he takes her to the Red Rendezvous. They don't seem to want to go inside though. Ben just pops in to buy drinks and then they stand on the pavement chatting all afternoon. Perhaps they felt like admiring the lake?

“Look, a birdie! Isn’t nature glorious?”
“Not really. I’ve only had one drink.”

He even spends his pocket money on a dinner at the bistro.

“Thanks for the fancy cheese, man! I still can’t believe you paid fifty bucks for a sandwich.”

“Food is a precious resource, Lisa. My money will go far in helping those poor underpaid serving staff.”

Can you tell I don’t play Insane Sims very often? I love how serious Ben looks in his bunny suit.

They may not have very compatible traits, but these two are very, very attracted to each other. They flirt endlessly on free will and all Ben’s wishes are Lisa-related.

Tammie spends her maternity leave sketching architectural concepts for her job. Her husband has to work away from home, so she thoughtfully waits until the end of his shift to go into labour.

A few hours later, she gives birth to a lovely little girl called Caitlin.

Speaking of babies, it’s become pretty obvious that Savannah is going to be a mum. She decides it's time to see Shark.

“Shark! Darling, It’s been too long! How’s the family business?”
“Business is great! We’re in the process of swapping out the warehouses for brand new factories and volcanoes.”
“Does that mean you’re making more money?”
“We will be.”
“Grand!”

“Anyhoo, onto my agenda. You probably haven’t noticed because of my divine figure, but you’re about to owe me thousands in child support!”

“WHAT? But we can’t have children until we’re married! Imagine the scandal!”

“We must be wed before your condition becomes too noticeable!”
“Oh, Shark! How did you know to bring a ring with you?”
“I carry several precious items on my person at all times. You never know when you might need to bribe someone. So will you marry me?”
“Yes, Shark, yes!”
“Wonderful! Now help me get my foot out of this wall before it cuts off my circulation.”

Shark hastily organises a beachside wedding for the evening.

By the way, I don’t advise having big weddings on the gazebo. The sun goes down before Shark can claw his way through the crowd trying to get up the stairs.

It's late and she's exhausted, but Savannah remains composed. She takes a minute to wave to the adoring townsfolk.

“You don't think they know about my pregnancy, do you dear?”
“Of course not, Savannah! You’re thin as a rake.”

Vow are said, rings are exchanged, and Shark and Savannah become husband and wife. Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Racket!

The ceremony is beautiful. Everyone gets emotional except for Justin Kayes, the jerk.

This is followed by cake cutting. Unfortunately, the bride takes too long getting out of the gazebo and has a bladder accident in front of all her guests.

She does her best to pretend it never happened. In fact, Savannah actively fights it - she glitches, forcing me to do a ResetSim that also raises her hygiene into the green. Unfortunately for her, the "Embarrassed" and "Smelly" moodlets linger anyway. Nice try, sweetheart.

Meanwhile, baby Caitlin spends the wedding at home with the worst babysitter in the world. Valerie here seems to think holding the kid and looking blank is enough to meet her needs. Poor little Caity is deep in the red by the time her family gets home.

After the party, the newlyweds spend their wedding night in a room at the Red Rendezvous.

Unsurpringly, their honeymoon is cut short by the onset of Savannah’s labour.

It’s a girl! Shark decides to name her Magpie Racket. Her traits are Perceptive and Grumpy and she likes Purple, Lobster Thermidor and Chinese music. The shack's starting to get a bit too crowded, so Shark and Savannah move into the old Racket family mansion. Magpie should lead a happy, comfortable life in that home. Or will she?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 25 - Ladies"
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2012, 11:01:30 AM »
Very nice update. I loved the "proposal" dialog!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2012, 11:13:47 AM »
I'm sad to see Savannah go. And *sigh* she isn't the same without the hairdo.

The bunny suit was awesome!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2012, 11:41:26 AM »
Twinbrook's babysitters are the worst, I tell ya. Mine didn't even bother to come in the house.

And congrats to Savannah and Shark on their shotgun marriage!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »
Welcome to Caitlin and Magpie. Magpie is an odd name.

Congrats to the newly weds!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2012, 09:39:07 PM »
Welcome to Caitlin and Magpie. Magpie is an odd name.

Congrats to the newly weds!

The Racket family all have quirky names related to crime or money. Magpies are scavanging birds and have associations with collecting, plus it just sounds cute.  :)

Twinbrook's babysitters are the worst, I tell ya. Mine didn't even bother to come in the house.

And congrats to Savannah and Shark on their shotgun marriage!

It's been ages since I hired one so I really had no clue what to expect. Memories of the nannies in The Sims 2 were enough to keep me from hiring childcare before, lol.

I'm sad to see Savannah go. And *sigh* she isn't the same without the hairdo.

The bunny suit was awesome!

Don't worry, Savannah hasn't completely left the story yet and the hairstyle was just for the wedding  :). The bunny suit  is definitely one of my favourite things from Showtime. I can't wait to play with all the Halloween outfits from Seasons!

Very nice update. I loved the "proposal" dialog!

Thanks jude, it was very fun to write.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 26 - Attraction and Autonomy"
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2012, 02:25:25 AM »
Chapter 26 – Attraction and Autonomy

Things return to normal after the wedding. Lisa drops by after school for the usual study session.

She clearly needs all the help she can get.

Since she has the Mean-Spirited trait she’s forever antagonising random members of the family. Tammie is an especially popular target.

“Look, would it kill you to make sure he’s wearing something nice when he leaves the house? I mean it’s not like you’re his mother or anything.”

“Urgh. Lisa, I honestly don’t know what Benjamin sees in you.”

Lisa’s not all bad though – she does walk into the new nursery (formerly Alicia’s room) to give little Caitlin a cuddle.

...And promptly drops her on the floor. It seems I forgot Caity’s birthday, whoops!

Wow, Caitlin’s a redhead! Her traits are Perceptive and Loner, and she likes Yellow, Hot Dogs and Latin Music.

Isn’t she cute? She's a quiet little girl who likes to be left alone as much as possible.

On the weekend the adults win a short holiday away from home. Why they need a break when they slack off and eat brownies for breakfast every day is a mystery to me.

Ben does the responsible thing and makes sure Caity’s needs are met. While he’s doing this, he gets a call from Lisa asking if he wants to hang out at her place. He rings up a babysitter and gets a taxi to the Jones-Brown house.

Lisa goes straight for autonomous flirting, and to my great surprise I get a popup with Lisa’s face on it saying, “Hey! I heard your parents are out of town. You should throw a party!”

How could anyone say no to such blatant manipulation? A party it is!

Ben and Lisa spend pretty much the whole night doing this.

Apparently their behaviour is really shocking because everyone else passes out on the spot. Um, okay then. I haven’t thrown very many teen parties so I don’t really know what to make of this.

“Good evening, young man. My spider sense is telling me you hosted a party tonight. We can’t have that now, can we?”

Argh! Just like in Starlight Shores, the psychic party cops come along to break up the party several hours after it ends. Either police officers have the ability to see into the past or their response time is very, very slow.

Ben does some cleaning but gets grounded anyway. By the way, you’ll notice Alicia returned from her holiday in her undies. Where are her clothes? It’s a mystery for the ages.

“It's obvious your girlfriend set you up, you foolish boy. Sweet little Benjamin would never get in trouble by himself. ”
“Lisa had a lapse in judgement, and as her boyfriend it's my duty to defend her. I must endure this grounding in her stead.”
“In that case, would you like to be one of my minions? You have just the right attitude for it.”

Riley goes back to work feeling relaxed and reinvigorated. That night he comes home with a promotion to Superstar, completing his Lifetime Wish.

Tammie and Alicia pop wishes to befriend each other which so isn’t going to happen. First of all they hate each other, second of all Tammie’s Good and Alicia’s Evil, and third of all Alicia wouldn't live long enough to do it.

Tammie doesn't have much time left either. She becomes an elder at a small celebration with her family.

She ages up in the same style of shirt that she used to wear as a teenager. I think I’ll let her keep it.

“Lookin’ hot, Tammie!”
“Don’t use that one on me, I’m old!
“And you’re married to a sports star who loves you. Lighten up, babe!”
“So you do think I’m old?”
“…I love you?”

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2012, 02:44:17 AM »
The cops apparent physic abilities are a mystery to me too.  Lol, Alicia is traveling in her undies. I can only guess it has some nefarious purpose.

Caitlyn is so cute! Red hair and bright blue eye are going to make her spectacular.

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2012, 02:32:48 PM »
I'm going to miss Tammie.
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »
I love this story, Ausette!

I apologize for not commenting but my free/internet time is precious and I spend most of it just reading stories instead of also commenting. I have been reading from the beginning and will continue to read until the end.

:D
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2012, 07:18:53 PM »
The cops apparent physic abilities are a mystery to me too.  Lol, Alicia is traveling in her undies. I can only guess it has some nefarious purpose.

Caitlyn is so cute! Red hair and bright blue eye are going to make her spectacular.

I've seen her as a teenager, and you're dead on.  :)

I'm going to miss Tammie.

So will I! She's really grown on me.

I love this story, Ausette!

I apologize for not commenting but my free/internet time is precious and I spend most of it just reading stories instead of also commenting. I have been reading from the beginning and will continue to read until the end.

:D

Thanks heaps, Lilygirl! It means a lot to me that you like the Joneses.  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 27 - Men"
« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2012, 07:39:25 PM »
Chapter 27 – Men

Caitlin learns all her toddler skills in time for a small birthday party.

Aren’t Ben and Alicia cute? They have exactly the same facial expression when they cheer.

Caitlin becomes a Vegetarian and continues to be cute as a button. I think she gets most of her looks from her father.

Caitlin doesn’t interact with the family much. She’d prefer to hang out in her bedroom and play with her dolls by herself.

This isn’t through lack of trying on Tammie’s part, though. She’s eager to bond with her daughter and constantly interrupts her playtime to do so. Hey, at least someone in this family is making an effort.

“I suddenly feel compelled to stop exercising. I wonder why that is?”

“We meet again, nephew. DEFEND YOUSELF!”

Yes, Alicia’s nearly a hundred and she still does this autonomously.

“Let that be a lesson, Riley Jones!”
What is WRONG with you?
“YOU are what’s wrong with me, but no longer! In defeating you I have taken my place as the rightful chief of this shack!”
“You already swan around like you own the place, what more do you want?”
“It’s merely a title. I just wanted to make my authority really felt. How does it feel, nephew? MUHAHAHA!”

Friday is Ben’s last day of school. Sadly his school never hosted a dance, but at least he gets to grow up on a weekend.

“Son, today is the day you become a man. I’m taking you down to the pub.”

Surprise! Riley throws a party at the Red Rendezvous and invites all of Ben’s friends and family.

The Rackets turn up early. Both Shark and Savannah are fully-fledged Adults now. Before you ask, Savannah’s daughter Magpie is still a toddler and couldn’t be invited.

The first thing Savannah does (completely autonomously, of course) is to flirt with Justin Kayes in front of everyone on the street.

She then carries on conversing with her husband like nothing happened. It’s nice to see she hasn't changed.

Lisa comes along, of course.  She’s aged up into a skimpy outfit in lilac, Ben’s favourite colour.

This is the face Ben makes when he sees her. I interpret this as my cue to bring out the cake.

Ben gains the Brave trait, and suddenly his purpose in life is crystal clear. He vows to save at least thirty lives as a Firefighter Super Hero.

Within seconds, Ben and Lisa are groping each other.

“Boo! That is completely unhygienic and inappropriate!”

Another man, Savannah? You’re doing that on purpose! And where exactly is your husband?

“ALICIA JONES IS GLOWING! AAAAARGH!”

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »
Is Lisa's outfit from the store?

Good to see married life hasn't changed Savannah much. Great update as always!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2012, 07:52:38 PM »
Is Lisa's outfit from the store?

Good to see married life hasn't changed Savannah much. Great update as always!

Thanks saltpastillen  :). Yes, it's an outfit from the Beach Bummin' set [link]. Lisa's wearing one of the many recolours I saved of it.

anything