Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233781 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Happy Valentine's Day!"
« Reply #570 on: February 14, 2014, 03:13:40 AM »
So cute! Happy Valentine's Day to all the Joneses and to you too, Ausette!  :D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #571 on: February 14, 2014, 12:30:58 PM »
Oh jeez...that is way too cute! Happy Valentine's Day right back!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #573 on: February 14, 2014, 06:09:20 PM »
So Angelia is officially a Jones? Happy Valentine's Day!
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Kavey

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #574 on: February 14, 2014, 10:51:41 PM »
Aw! So cute! Way to embrace your crazy- er, I mean "creative" side Ms. Perfection!  ;D These two are just adorable.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #575 on: March 14, 2014, 01:14:49 AM »
Hi! Just binge-read this is two days, and it is soooo funny! I loved Ben p, and. I still love Stella. Now I am staring my own, also with the Bridgeport Jones family (I looked for other sims in Bridgeport but there literally were no good ones.) Thanks!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #576 on: March 14, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »
Hi! Just binge-read this is two days, and it is soooo funny! I loved Ben p, and. I still love Stella. Now I am staring my own, also with the Bridgeport Jones family (I looked for other sims in Bridgeport but there literally were no good ones.) Thanks!

Hi paleogirl, welcome to the forum! I'm very glad you like my story  :) . Hmm, couples in Bridgeport, eh? Off the top of my head you could go with Emmy Starr and Alan Stanley, Lola Belle and Kai Leiko, or Lady and Jeffrey Cook. There's also the option of using a single Sim and finding them a spouse from within or outside their household (there are lots of single Sims with opposite-sex roommates in Bridgeport ;) ). But hey, if you're really set on the Joneses for your own unique story I'm not going to stop you! They're very fun Sims to play. I'd be interested to see what another set of Jones kids would look like.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline laugh-dream-love

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #577 on: March 31, 2014, 04:23:58 PM »
I love this story. I love the idea of the random town jump, and am currently on my second attempt. I lost my first attempt due to a corrupted game file; I was on the third town and had just given birth to the fourth generation. I'm not very good at following rules so I mainly play challenges for fun (see also random legacies and 100 baby challenges). My current attempt started in Moonlight Falls and my founding couple have had their three children for this generation. I'm finding it incredibly hard to pick an heir though! A tip if you're heading to Moonlight Falls soon, Chauncey Grimm and Marigold Maldano make some really interesting looking babies ;)

Good luck with the rest of your jumps! I'll be bookmarking and checking back in occasionally :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #578 on: July 26, 2014, 05:34:26 AM »
Ausette, I didn't realize that single sims were eligible so I could try that. Right now I've got a few other projects going on though.

On a side note, please post again!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #579 on: July 26, 2014, 09:41:56 PM »
I love this story. I love the idea of the random town jump, and am currently on my second attempt. I lost my first attempt due to a corrupted game file; I was on the third town and had just given birth to the fourth generation. I'm not very good at following rules so I mainly play challenges for fun (see also random legacies and 100 baby challenges). My current attempt started in Moonlight Falls and my founding couple have had their three children for this generation. I'm finding it incredibly hard to pick an heir though! A tip if you're heading to Moonlight Falls soon, Chauncey Grimm and Marigold Maldano make some really interesting looking babies ;)

Good luck with the rest of your jumps! I'll be bookmarking and checking back in occasionally :)

Whoops, how did I miss your post for so long :P ? Sorry about that, laugh-dream-love. I'm exactly the same with challenges - I play the Sims for fun, and fretting about rules is just too stressful ;) ! Thank you for reading and commenting.

Ausette, I didn't realize that single sims were eligible so I could try that. Right now I've got a few other projects going on though.

On a side note, please post again!

Yeah, you might have to double check with Judewright but I think as long as you use lots of original townies you'll definitely be playing in the spirit of the original challenge :) . I'm glad you enjoy the story. Sorry about not posting for ages (seriously, having Valentine's Day in the header is getting embarrassing... :P ) but I have a lot going on at the moment and the Sims has kinda fallen by the wayside. Maybe I'll come back to it after my thesis is done. :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #580 on: April 19, 2015, 04:52:48 PM »
Note for moderators: Story is on hiatus for the moment. Ausette will resume it end of April, early May. June or July.

MrsFlynn

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #581 on: May 11, 2015, 10:49:29 PM »
Response to the above: My studies have been extended and it will probably be another month or two. Thanks for your patience!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #582 on: May 11, 2015, 11:13:55 PM »
Response to the above: My studies have been extended and it will probably be another month or two. Thanks for your patience!

Sending good vibes from the other side!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline KimK972

• Nooboo
« Reply #583 on: June 08, 2015, 12:52:51 PM »
Ausette, you take the time you need! I myself thought you'd moved on and had just decided to accept that the story would be unfinished, so what a nice surprise to find you are considering coming back to it when you are able! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I've really come to love this family. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 67- Let's Finish This Town Already"
« Reply #584 on: August 28, 2015, 10:56:25 AM »
Chapter 67 – Let’s Finish This Town Already

HELLO everyone! A LOT has happened since I updated! University’s finished, my postgrad thesis is finished, Boyfriend has become Dr. Boyfriend, and Dr. Boyfriend lives with me now. And I wrote another story. So what I’m saying is I have NO excuse not to fix my computer and play the Joneses! Thanks so much for waiting around for me. :D

Now I know it’s been a while and you might not remember exactly how the family fits together. So as a special present/apology I’ve drawn up a family tree for Riverview. Behold!

Blue lines symbolise the main bloodline and the yellow box indicates which Sims are currently “active” (alive and in the main household). So with that out of the way, let’s see what’s happening in the neighbourhood.

So, last time we left off with Joaquin joining the household. He immediately gets a makeover and finds employment in Medicine. I like imagining how he picked that work outfit. “Oh heavens, I can’t wear my genie clothes to the interview! That would be ridiculous. Better put a hat on it.”

Gerard’s still as dotty as ever, but at least now he has an excuse: he’ll be aging up into an elder tomorrow. And his isn’t the only birthday; the twins are aging up as well. Yes, the boys are leaving school, and not a moment too soon! It’s getting tiresome dealing with the massive crowds and that crazy homeless guy who yells at cars.

“Oh, you Big Lemon! Spawning randomly in that empty parking space like that! Why I oughta–”

You thought I was joking, didn’t you? Technically he’s a paparazzi. Apparently turning off celebrity status makes them go a bit loopy.

So anyway, a triple birthday is arranged and the party guests are invited. Angelia’s excited. Are you excited?

Preston ages up and becomes… Rebellious?! Wow, what a trait! And here I had him pegged as a meek little nerd. He picks Leader of the Free World as his Lifetime Wish. Politics seemed like the right field for someone who wants to change the status quo but is also boring (sorry Preston).

Travis grows up shortly afterwards and gains the Perfect Mind, Perfect Body lifetime wish. It seemed like a fitting option for my Perfect Heir. He also randomly gains the Unlucky trait, which doesn’t seem right at all. Perhaps his amazing good fortune in life has absorbed all his luck quota already?

Of course, the new trait kicks in right away.

“You have grown up pleasingly, nephew-child. Very pleasingly.”

Aaaargh! Oh God, Stella doesn’t recognise the twins as her relatives! She’s hitting on her great-nephew! Yuck! Yuck! Why didn’t I let her die when I had the chance?

Luckily there’s a freshly elder-fied Gerard to distract her. I think he makes a cute old man, don’t you? He hasn’t quite reached his dream of becoming an astronaut yet but I’m confident that he’ll get there sometime soon.

Speaking of astronomy…

“Hello? Is anyone there?”

It’s the middle of the night, Curtis! The party’s over! Go home!

“Guys, it’s cold out here! Come and bring me some drinks! I’m booooored!”

*sigh*

The next day is graduation, and the boys head out in style! The two-seater car is pretty flashy, eh? Pity the parents couldn’t squeeze in as well though. I mean technically they’re in the same car, but since there’s only two seats you can’t see them all sitting togeth–

Aaargh! Do Sims celebrate with ritual scalping now? I’d hate to see what you two do at funerals!

Scary bugs aside, the whole family arrives safely. Whoa, the entire town showed up! I suppose in retrospect I did go pretty crazy with the pollination. Also with saving outfits, as the man in green can probably attest.

Preston graduates with the impressive bundle of Highest Honour, Valedictorian, and Most Likely to Fulfil His Lifetime Wish. Travis also gets Highest Honour as well as the award for… Most Likely to Offend Others? Aww, poor Unlucky Travis. I’m sure they’re all just jealous.

Good thing he has Angelia around to cheer him up. She moves in after graduation and her full set of traits is revealed to be Slob, Insane, Brave, Light Sleeper, and Schmoozer. She wants to be an astronaut, just like Gerard, and she shares not one, but TWO traits with BOTH of Travis’s parents. Perfect daughter-in-law, anyone?

After a quick change of clothes, Preston heads into town to join the Political career. His new boss turns out to be Don Lothario. Mayor Lothario, what an image! It’s probably for the best that we’re moving soon.

Travis also makes a start on his Lifetime Wish by asking Nectar for Athletic training. Oddly, Travis pops the Feeling Shy moodlet from “being around non-friends”. Perhaps Nectar is yelling a little bit too hard.

As soon as Nectar’s free, Gerard also gets training and manages to max Athletic… while ALSO holding the Feeling Shy moodlet! Geez Nectar, tone it down already!

Anyway, with that last Athletic point Gerard finally achieves absolute ginger, I mean astronaut. That’s his lifetime wish completed just in time for the move! What do you want to do now, Gerry?

“I would like to have a baby, please.”

What? NO! Gerard, your wife is like two days from her birthday and you’re already in your seventies. Not happening. Even if she does wear a maternity nightgown.

anything