Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 924729 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1935 on: June 13, 2013, 08:54:56 PM »
Is there an honor roll glitch?  My child sim has been topped out at an A for two days now and hasn't gotten it.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1936 on: June 13, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »
Is there an honor roll glitch?  My child sim has been topped out at an A for two days now and hasn't gotten it.

They have to have the A for 3 days to make the honor roll.  It is a squeeze in the 7 days of childhood especially when there is a snow day in the mix.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1937 on: June 13, 2013, 09:21:56 PM »
Snow days are bad for this kind of dynasty but a trick is to send them to school at 7 even when there is a snow day and they will still be able to go.   Another trick for me was to have someone do logic early whether it was a long lived spouse or one of the heirs so that the first day of childhood could always have some hours put to the side to get that A early.  Then they only need to go to school for 3 days to make their requirements.  It also means if timed right it can take a total of 7 days to get from conception to teen lifestage:  3 for infancy, 1 for toddlerhood and 3 for childhood.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #1938 on: June 13, 2013, 09:23:44 PM »
Right-o, then, I need to start over.  Do I re-roll my founder's traits or leave them?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1939 on: June 13, 2013, 09:25:24 PM »
Traits stay put.

Sorry to hear that. The childhood requirements are tough and caused me to fail once, but redoing them always feels easier.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1940 on: June 13, 2013, 09:27:50 PM »
Sorry to hear about the failure.   :(   Founder must stay exactly the same if you plan to use her again.  Nothing can change about her.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1941 on: June 14, 2013, 06:46:41 AM »
Snow days are bad for this kind of dynasty but a trick is to send them to school at 7 even when there is a snow day and they will still be able to go.   Another trick for me was to have someone do logic early whether it was a long lived spouse or one of the heirs so that the first day of childhood could always have some hours put to the side to get that A early.  Then they only need to go to school for 3 days to make their requirements.  It also means if timed right it can take a total of 7 days to get from conception to teen lifestage:  3 for infancy, 1 for toddlerhood and 3 for childhood.

I had noticed that I could send them to school on a snow day as long as I was on top of the button at 7am.  I also have the weather machine and will have someone make it sunny around 5am, although that doesn't always prevent the snow day it does sometimes.

Right-o, then, I need to start over.  Do I re-roll my founder's traits or leave them?

Sorry about having to start over.  Childhood is the one stage I worry about each time.  My last generation's child had 2 snow days and Love Day during his childhood to work with.  Makes me wish I had turned off snow in the options before I started, although at the same time I like the challenge of playing against the seasonal rotation.  (My fishing heir became a teen the day the ponds and rivers froze over)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1942 on: June 14, 2013, 11:11:16 AM »
In my DecaDynasty I was terrified the heir wouldn't make it onto the honour roll so her dad tutored her up to a B. She made with one whole day to spare. In her teenaged years, her dad tutored her again, but only up to a high C. She got onto the honour roll in four days!

Sorry to hear about the fail. Just learn from your mistakes, time births and plan ahead. That is working for me right now (Touch wood!).
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1943 on: June 14, 2013, 06:27:53 PM »
I've never had this happen.  When it happens, consult the team.   The truth is we all played Sims 3 for 3 years with only 5 traits so I'm not sure it matters in the long run.  But since it's hypothetical I won't give an answer.   When it comes into practice and you're at a screen that gives you a trait that is obviously incompatible PM me, yahoo IM me, come post here and I'll give a verdict. 

I think as soon as I get a chance to sit at the computer I'll do some testing beacuse as I said - I've never seen it.  I have seen the game not give traits a lot though.  So was it the old not give a trait glitch or because it was incompatible.  I won't know until it's been tested.

It said the trait was incompatible then but I didn't think anything of hitting accept and when I did there as no trait.

I have seen the tutoring and sending out kids at 7 on snow days work in my testing sorry you failed.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #1944 on: June 14, 2013, 08:51:56 PM »
Could my mausoleum items be gems created via conversion ritual?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1945 on: June 14, 2013, 08:52:46 PM »
Conversion ritual is not part of an actual skill journal skill so no. 

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1946 on: June 15, 2013, 01:41:23 PM »
Gems could only be used with martial arts correct?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1947 on: June 15, 2013, 01:51:03 PM »
Yes it has to be from martial arts.  So it needs to be from someone who has completed the "Timber Terminator" skill challenge.

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #1948 on: June 16, 2013, 09:10:02 AM »
Are you allowed to make an heir's IF real when they are both teenagers? I am planning to use it as my second heir's spouse, and as such would like to make the IF my teen's romantic interest, if at all possible.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1949 on: June 16, 2013, 09:11:31 AM »
You can't make an heir's IF real until they are both young adults.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything