Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 907041 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #615 on: October 14, 2012, 10:46:12 AM »
If you save it from another town, go for it.   Or you might even want to try seeing if you can purchase one of the many empty parks around Moonlight Falls since you can't really delete them to place a different lot.  If you purchase it in the game, you can use the community build objects to place a stadium.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #616 on: October 14, 2012, 10:53:54 AM »
If you save it from another town, go for it.   Or you might even want to try seeing if you can purchase one of the many empty parks around Moonlight Falls since you can't really delete them to place a different lot.  If you purchase it in the game, you can use the community build objects to place a stadium.

For this special purpose, can I delete the current school/stadium building, replace the big lot with two smaller lots, place a school building on one of them and a stadium on the other?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #617 on: October 14, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
As long as you are not creating your own lots and placing EA made lots - yes. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #618 on: October 14, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »
As long as you are not creating your own lots and placing EA made lots - yes.

Thank you!
If I do want to create something, I can buy the school or stadium and change them, right? Not that I am gonna do that, but your answer popped another question in my mind ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #619 on: October 14, 2012, 11:13:47 AM »
Thank you!
If I do want to create something, I can buy the school or stadium and change them, right? Not that I am gonna do that, but your answer popped another question in my mind ;)

When you buy a rabbit hole or building, you can't actually change the lot that they are on.   You can only change a property which would be an art gallery, pool or gym.     It is feasible to buy a property and place a rabbit hole on it to make it the way you want it to look.  Just remember once the rabbit hole is officially placed, you lose the ability to change that property.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #620 on: October 14, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »
I replaced the school and the stadium in MF with the Gooder School and the Binder Clips Stadium from Starlight Shores. I hope this is an acceptable subsitute.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #621 on: October 14, 2012, 01:06:44 PM »
I replaced the school and the stadium in MF with the Gooder School and the Binder Clips Stadium from Starlight Shores. I hope this is an acceptable subsitute.

Depends on how you did it, where did you put the two items?   Were they empty lots before you did it or did you replace the school lot in it's entirety? If you replaced the lot, did you ask/have permission before you did it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #622 on: October 14, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »
I replaced the Everglow Academy with the Gooder School. I used the existing lot and just bulldozed and replaced. The Binder Clips was placed on the 64x64 commercial lot accreoss from the fitness center.
And yes, I did ask several pages back. It was when we first noticed the glitch with the children's opportunities.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #623 on: October 14, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »
On the contrary to what I previously suggested, it is not possible in MF to delete the school lot and place two smaller existing seperate EA lots with existing EA school and EA stadium, so I deleted the school and placed the stadium from Twinbrook (48x64) there. Fits almost perfectly, since they are nearly the same size. (The existing school/stadium is 50x64)
On an empty 40x40 lot I placed the school of 30x40 which was in the library. This way I didn't have to use a 64x64 also, what I preferred.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #624 on: October 14, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »
Then you're both fine.   Edit town is a very tricky part of the rules and it's best to always ask than assume.  I just wanted to make sure you guys were good and didn't have an issue later :D  Good luck to you both.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #625 on: October 14, 2012, 04:52:28 PM »
Then you're both fine.   Edit town is a very tricky part of the rules and it's best to always ask than assume.  I just wanted to make sure you guys were good and didn't have an issue later :D  Good luck to you both.

Happy to hear that! Thank you for your help! :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #626 on: October 15, 2012, 03:13:43 AM »
Well, I just ran into a new one. I've never had an issue with honor roll before, regardless of teen or child. In this current file, the triplets all had an A as of Friday (consistently completing homework and everything). Monday, they still had an A. Tuesday, they all come home, and still aren't on the honor roll, and yet still have an A (a normal school day goes, school for all three; ballet for the werewolves and scouting for the fairy; homework; then free time).

Unless my understanding is way off (and please correct me if it is), shouldn't they have hit honor roll on Monday? I thought they had to maintain an A for a whole day in order to get onto it.

I'm also doing the same for the non-heir, just because I want to pick her trait, and she also has the same issue.

If my understanding is correct, may I count them as having been on the honor roll?

Edit: Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to a previous save, the file in question appears to be corrupted; and Tuesday is also the triplets' birthday, so I can't wait it out one more day.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #627 on: October 15, 2012, 07:32:40 AM »
I believe they have to maintain their A grade for three school days, not just one. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #628 on: October 15, 2012, 08:34:41 AM »
I think it is three school days.   Children, unless tutored, only ever hit honor roll on their 5th day of school if you do their homework every day.  Did they miss a day of school somewhere and only go four days?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #629 on: October 15, 2012, 10:39:25 AM »
I'm at a complete loss, then.

Their first day of school was Wednesday (which is also the same day they signed up for after school activities), with homework and then TV. (grade of C)

School on Thursday, plus ballet/scouting (got to level 1), then homework. I even remember I had the fairy play with the train set afterwards, while her sisters played chess until bedtime. (grade of B)

School on Friday included a field trip to the theater; first thing home was homework. Athena spent the weekend on the roof with the telescope; Minerva was in the basement with the chemistry lab; Nixie just watched TV with Ama. (grade of A)

School on Monday, ballet/scouting (option for badging and recital, which I took), and 2 opportunities as well. It was also the full moon, so Athena's research project was interrupted by her having to go outside and transform; Ama went to Nixie's badging ceremony, since Jaycen was also interrupted by transforming. Since Athena's research was hosed, I sent her to the recital (which Jaycen and Nixie attended). I didn't bother with Minerva going to the recital - after her opportunity, I sent her straight home (whereupon she snarfled cereal and then did her homework). Nixie did her homework immediately upon getting home, then drank her punch and slept in the fairy cottage; Athena did her homework, ate, and went to bed. (grade of A)

School on Tuesday, Athena and Minerva went in werewolf form. It's also the triplets' birthday. At 3pm, Minerva went to ballet (since she didn't do the recital); Athena brought home a werewolf friend, Shannon Shaw; Nixie went straight to homework as she usually does. Their grades are still an A, but Nixie and Minerva still have their wishes to be on the honor roll.

So even with that, they should still be on the honor roll, right? Friday/Monday/Tuesday all being an A?