Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897858 times)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2012, 11:13:19 AM »
Has there ever been a ruling on whether the private investigator cases can count as black ops (or, in this case, the 3 opportunities)? I just tried searching on the forum, but couldn't find anything. The cases do show up in the career opportunity slot.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2012, 11:18:56 AM »
Has there ever been a ruling on whether the private investigator cases can count as black ops (or, in this case, the 3 opportunities)? I just tried searching on the forum, but couldn't find anything. The cases do show up in the career opportunity slot.

Absolutely the PI cases count. Anything that is going to fill up an opportunity slot qualifies with the exception of the school and after school opportunities.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2012, 12:51:01 PM »
I have a question about werewolves and aging them up. :) My second generation (vampire) is now a young adult. While a teen, she had Gator Wolff as her romantic interest, and I was planning to marry him in eventually. Now, I had to age Gator up with a cake (I hope that was legal, I didn't see anything about caking not being allowed for spouses and he'd been a child for a very long time without aging to teen on his own.) Gator is now a teen, and frankly refuses to let himself be aged up again, cake or no cake. Maybe he wants raw meat instead. I read that there is a bug where a non active household werewolf is stuck in his current agestate (in werewolf form) and doesn't age up as he should. I'm not sure how to shift him out of werewolf form either. When I try to use the cake he cheers as normal, and then just wanders off and starts gnawing on the furniture.

My question is this - is there an approved way to fix this, or will my heiress just have to break Gator's heart and find herself another eventual spouse?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2012, 12:53:20 PM »
The reason he won't age is because he's in werewolf form.  You have to find a way to get him out of werewolf form.  Now it is not illegal to cure Gator of his werewolf curse and then once he's aged up and moved in you could always get him bitten by another member of his family to regain that life state.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll see what I can work out then. :)

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2012, 01:16:34 PM »
Hello!  I'm new here and just discovered all of these wonderful challenges/dynasties.  I've been trying to read through threads carefully to learn rules and terminology, (VERY confusing for a newbie), as I would love to try the Life States Challenge.

However I am unsure if I would be able to reach all of the career placeable reward and skill challenge requirements with only Base, Generations, Pets, and Supernatural installed.  Do I need to get ambitions to even attempt this challenge?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2012, 01:30:02 PM »
Hello!  I'm new here and just discovered all of these wonderful challenges/dynasties.  I've been trying to read through threads carefully to learn rules and terminology, (VERY confusing for a newbie), as I would love to try the Life States Challenge.

However I am unsure if I would be able to reach all of the career placeable reward and skill challenge requirements with only Base, Generations, Pets, and Supernatural installed.  Do I need to get ambitions to even attempt this challenge?

If you ever need help with the rules or terminology just ask and a lot of people have no problem stepping in to answer the questions, or you can always feel free to PM me and I'll respond as quickly as I can.

You do not need ambitions to do this challenge.  While I think ambitions makes playing the game as a whole more fun, it's definitely not required with the expansions you have.   The only one I'm not entirely certain of at the moment is the skill challenges but I know for a fact you can get the career rewards and 7 mausoleum items taken care of.     I'm going to crunch some more numbers on the skill challenges but it looks like you should be able to do this no problem.

Just so you know, the other two dynasties are both achievable with just the base game.  You don't have to read the entire thread of both and if you have any generalized questions about either, like I said, feel free to PM me anytime.

Oh and welcome to the forum! 

Edit: I just crunched some numbers but if you plan very carefully and you watch some of your Sims to make sure they don't max (reach level 10) a skill they're not supposed to.  You can do it.  Without the collecting skill challenges, you have 40 that you could do and only one of them has ever proven to be so difficult most people give up.  You need 42 total for the dynasty so I think you should be able to handle it with a little micro managing maybe here or there.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2012, 02:43:35 PM »
Thank you so much Ricalynn for the reply and welcome :)  I appreciate all the math work!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
Final Ruling:

Founders have to be in their final life state at the time of the requirement completion.   You can have your founder turned at some point but all heirs have to be in their final life state when born.   That's how you pick an heir because they are a different life state then their parent. 

As for letting a founder or heir die - this is a flat no.  None of your heirs are allowed to die, doing so will be a failure (Total or just not in HOF if you continue).  So if you want a particular ghost, the spouse has to be that ghost to pass it on or you have to start that way from CAS.

OK.  I rather liked the idea of all of them being ghosts but I'm not going to buy Supernatural just to start with a non-human founder.  Plan B looms - although the back-story's going to take a heck of a lot of setting up. Hmmm...

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
OK.  I rather liked the idea of all of them being ghosts but I'm not going to buy Supernatural just to start with a non-human founder.  Plan B looms - although the back-story's going to take a heck of a lot of setting up. Hmmm...

There is a way to start with a ghost without having Supernatural.  Just as long as you are patched.  It just means saving a ghost to your bin.   I know I saw an article on SimsVIP about it right before Supernatural came out so you should be able to find it and look at the instructions there.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2012, 12:38:32 AM »
Sooo, I took advantage of a recent daily deal and, well...is the cow plant allowed for this dynasty? >:D 

I'd imagine this would fall under the category of being okay provided one is not actively directing the sim to do something that would result in certain death, but if it's not allowed that's cool.  I just figure that if I'm hoping to have a spouse at some point with a thing for jellybeans who makes ill-advised autonomous attempts to fix objects and goes swimming on their own no matter how tired they are, he/she may as well really REALLY like cake too, heh.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2012, 01:11:03 AM »
Sorry to double-post, I just wanted to be sure of something...

Ok makes sense, so Heir A could reach say Level 8 in Logic, and Heir B Reach Level 10, receive AND claim the skill certificate, and complete the skill challenges?
That way Heir A has not overlapped with Heir B for any requirements.

Unique career rewards -  no else gets these but one person.  If you use a skill certificate, that means no other heir can max that skill.

From my reading of the rules and the above, if I choose not to use a given skill certificate as a career reward for anybody, I can have more than one sim max out the skill, right?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2012, 01:30:06 AM »
Sorry, smartburn, the answer is a negative.

If Heir A maxes painting and gets the skill certificate for his requirements, if Heir B also maxes painting it's a problem because  Heir B will also get a skill certificate whether or not they're "claiming" the certificate for requirements. Try and forget about the whole "claiming" concept...it's confusing to be honest. The certificate is no longer unique to Heir A because B also received one.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2012, 01:42:26 AM »
Sorry, smartburn, the answer is a negative.

I'd say it would be allowed. By having two Heirs max that Skill you can't use it as a Career Reward for either Sim but as long as both Sims have two other Rewards then there shouldn't be any problem. The example you quoted is about whether another heir can max the skill but not claim the reward as their Unique Reward but smartburn isn't going to have either heirs max the skill.

Should probably wait for Rica and Metro to make a decision.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2012, 01:58:05 AM »
Ah, I misread that as "anybody else" and not just "anybody."

anything