Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 61545 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« on: October 16, 2012, 09:44:11 PM »
I know the Life States Dynasty is still new but that doesn't mean we haven't all figured out some nifty tricks on how to at least start one. 

I guess my hint or tip would be to remember that this dynasty is different from the other two.  The restrictions are only for founders and heirs so there are so many more options now for spouses and spares that if you've been doing the other two, you may not think of.

Another one would be remember it's good to have a plan but don't be scared if the game throws you a curve ball that screws it all up, it might just work out 10 times better than you ever thought possible.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »
This dynasty is a lot harder to plan ahead on, since the traits have to be random, and that makes it harder to pick skills, careers, etc in advance. It is a lot of fun though and gives you a chance to experience a lot of interesting new things.

I recommend, if possible, avoiding becoming a celebrity too early. Since a large part of the challenge is to WooHoo with an occult and that is a public disgrace-able offence, keep in mind that it could get very annoying if you don't have a Moodlet Manager.

Be careful about extending life! This may seem obvious but my dynasty is not HoF because of it so no makeovers!

I recommend also starting with a longer-lived life state for Founder because that way they have plenty of time to get their requirements done, find a spouse, and find ways to extend life and it's not such a hectic race. I chose a Fairy Founder for just this reason and that has so far served me well.

I will add on when I think of new things!

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 10:22:36 PM »
Be careful about extending life! This may seem obvious but my dynasty is not HoF because of it so no makeovers!

The only people not allowed to have their life extended is the founder & all the following heirs.  So while yes be careful but also remember a lot of the things you can't do in other dynasties can be done.   Don't like the MacDuff long face on that new spouse of yours?  Make one of the boys look just the way you want with plastic surgery!  Add elf ears or make their eyes huge!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 10:35:24 PM »
I think one of the most helpful things we've learned recently, (thanks to Rica's testing) is that a witch with level 8 magic skill can cast their sunlight charm on a werewolf to make them transform into their normal, non-hairy form. 

Werewolves can only age up while in normal form, so this will help immensely if you have townie werewolves who can't age up because of a known bug that causes them to be stuck in werewolf form all of the time.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 10:51:32 PM »
If you're relying on short-term methods of keeping a spouse alive (tattoos, makeovers, etc.), make sure that you don't miss a session, or else Grim will pay a visit at the most inconvenient of times. It wasn't a game breaker, but it threw a wrench in my plans as I scrambled to make ambrosia.

Werewolf spouses pretty much mean instant riches, especially with the gem cutting machine. Pappy Wolff might have been living in poverty, but making 100,000 in a week because of his hunting surely made up for it. If your first spouse can be a werewolf, get yourself a werewolf! It's better than Agnes! (Unless it's Agnes as a werewolf, then you're set for life)

Those after-school activities might save your dynasty, especially in Moonlight Falls. Utilize them, or else you'll cry in your failure.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 01:17:14 AM »
If you have multiple options for an heir due to a multiple birth, you don't have to pick your heir right away! Wait and see what traits they develop first, if it's something you can't stand or can't live without.

Also, the lot size doesn't have to be huge this time! Experiment!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 06:40:54 AM »
No matter how much fun it is - be careful turning other Sims into Toads.   Being a toad is a lot like being a furry werewolf, there's no aging!  While this may work out great if you want to save a special someone farther down the road, just be careful.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 12:47:42 PM »
No matter how much fun it is - be careful turning other Sims into Toads.   Being a toad is a lot like being a furry werewolf, there's no aging!  While this may work out great if you want to save a special someone farther down the road, just be careful.

Although if you had a witch that was doing alchemy, she could toadify them, and then toss cure elixers at them. xD

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 01:12:08 PM »
Although if you had a witch that was doing alchemy, she could toadify them, and then toss cure elixers at them. xD

Sunlight Charm also removes toadification.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »
Sunlight Charm also removes toadification.

Or that.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 04:04:37 PM »
One of the hardest part about this dynasty is the wishes.  There are a limited number of 5k wishes and you have to have 5 unique ones for each heir.  So unless the current heir still needs the wishes, if you see a wish and it's worth more than 5000 don't even promise it to anyone.  That way you know it's available in the future.    Even once an heir has made their requirements, if they use a 5k wish then no other heir can use it.   So your founder just finished and is finally bringing in generation 2?  If they get the LTHP for Have a Boy or Have a Girl, you can no longer use either of those for any of your future generations.  My advice would be that unless you need a wish for your requirement don't promise any wish over 5000.  It's ok if it's in the wish panel but if it gets granted, then it's officially unavailable for a unique and you never know when you might need one.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 10:08:01 PM »
Alchemy doesn't have any opportunities (thanks, EA) so have a back up ready. I think I'm just going to do one across different skill sets to minimize the impact. Starting with a fairy is easy, just buy them a bungalow and build them a bathroom. Get the gem-cutting machine early, especially if you have a long-lived founder. Once you get the Collection helper, say hello to lots of cash. If you've got a fairy, I'd also recommend the claw machine. Fairies can cheat the system to ensure they get a prize. After a while, all the money bags will add up (I had one at 8k once).If your founder isn't a gardener and is long-lived, search for the seeds anyway. That way they're ready to go when the garden heir shows up.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 10:26:59 PM »
Alchemy actually does have the Philosopher's Stone opportunity series, which is multi-step. You have to max Alchemy first. I don't recall what the titles of the different steps are, though--if they have the same title, it only counts as one opportunity.

By samoht04

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 10:52:16 PM »
I thought the Philosopher's Stone was a LTR? Cause my sim's been maxed at Alchemy for about three weeks now and hasn't gotten yet (unless it's triggered by supermax, in which case yay)

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 11:19:26 PM »
I thought the Philosopher's Stone was a LTR? Cause my sim's been maxed at Alchemy for about three weeks now and hasn't gotten yet (unless it's triggered by supermax, in which case yay)

You can buy a Philosopher's Stone with lifetime happiness points, but you can also get one by completing the alchemy opportunity chain like Rosa said.