Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 61535 times)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 12:19:42 AM »
Alchemy actually does have the Philosopher's Stone opportunity series, which is multi-step. You have to max Alchemy first. I don't recall what the titles of the different steps are, though--if they have the same title, it only counts as one opportunity.
The Philosopher's stone opportunities all have the same titel so it would only count as one. But since Alchemy will only give you 3 out of 6 skill challenges as long as you pick another skill that does give opportunities that shouldn't be an issue.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 07:18:48 AM »
Alchemy actually does have the Philosopher's Stone opportunity series, which is multi-step. You have to max Alchemy first. I don't recall what the titles of the different steps are, though--if they have the same title, it only counts as one opportunity.
The opportunity is called Alchemic Mastery.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 01:53:09 PM »
For unique wishes you can get them for purchasing a certain number of venues even as young as child stage. When it comes up for your child, promise it to the heir and then save it for when they become a young adult.

Also, I came across a glitch in my game that would have ended my dynasty if not for Rica's understanding. If you have more than just your founder and you are harvesting mushrooms be very careful. My founder finished all her requirements then got married and had twin nooboos. She still had a garden with all the mushroom types and was harvesting daily. These crossed over onto her other family members even though none of them were doing the actual harvesting.

Were's who are hunting are also getting credit for finding items in their collection journal's, so if you have a spouse or a spare who is hunting watch their counts carefully or you may end up canceling out a skill challenge your heirs may need.
Jaymi

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »
Were's who are hunting are also getting credit for finding items in their collection journal's, so if you have a spouse or a spare who is hunting watch their counts carefully or you may end up canceling out a skill challenge your heirs may need.

I thought spouses/spares had no restrictions on anything, including skills and challenges?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »

I thought spouses/spares had no restrictions on anything, including skills and challenges?
So did I? Are we missing something here?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 05:38:17 PM »
I think what he's trying to say is that if your spare does all the mushroom hunting, the skill challenge can transfer not only to the founder, but to the heir, and the grandbaby heir, as well as other spares and spouses. In other words, the skill challenge will be counted amongst everyone, so the challenge then won't be unique.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 05:54:13 PM »
I think what he's trying to say is that if your spare does all the mushroom hunting, the skill challenge can transfer not only to the founder, but to the heir, and the grandbaby heir, as well as other spares and spouses. In other words, the skill challenge will be counted amongst everyone, so the challenge then won't be unique.

JSBranter's game is glitched, so when his founder harvested mushrooms from the garden, all other sims had it count in their collection books. He's just saying to be careful and watch for it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 07:04:48 PM »
That happened in my game as well. I am planning not to use that challenge since it's like that.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 08:41:06 PM »
It was my understanding that having any Sim in the household (spouses, spares or heirs) complete a skill challenge makes it so that no other Sim heir can complete it, because then it would no longer be unique. Am I wrong? Cause if I am it would simplify some parts of my dynasty. Oh, and I'm a girl :)

Jaymi

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 09:09:55 PM »
It was my understanding that having any Sim in the household (spouses, spares or heirs) complete a skill challenge makes it so that no other Sim heir can complete it, because then it would no longer be unique. Am I wrong? Cause if I am it would simplify some parts of my dynasty. Oh, and I'm a girl :)

Sorry for assuming JS, and I believe (not sure) that only skill challenges that  heirs complete are counted as being unique. Otherwise, it's seven heirs which wach need six skill challenges, and with seven spouses, and who knows how many spares, it would become impossible to not have any that overlap.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 09:30:02 PM »

My apologies!  :-\

Can I blame it on the fact that I'm used to typing with no nails, and I had acrylics applied last weekend, which is completely screwing me up? :(

No, didn't think so. I'm very sorry.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 09:49:16 PM »
It's ok everyone! My given name is Jamie, which I changed to Jaymi while in school because I kept being placed in the boys p.e. classes, lol.

I have been using my spouse and spare for household chores and property management. But I went back over the rules and it doesn't say if skills and challenges completed by spouses and spares count or not. It only states that you have to take their traits as is and no restrictions on vacation days. The comments on restrictions are only for the heirs. I'm going to post the question over on the challenge thread just to make sure, but I do believe I have been working with restrictions that do not exist. *head smack*

Edited to add: I did indeed miss that when it was asked by Chuckles_82. My little Simmie's world just got a bit bigger. :)
Jaymi

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 10:47:51 PM »
Poor Jaymi! The spouses and spares do not have restrictions on skills. Only the Founder and other heirs count as far as unique skills and challenges.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 01:11:25 AM »

I believe the ruling is that a spare can complete any Skill Challenge, and it won't invalidate the heir's SuperMax. However, the Mushrooms (as you described) would invalidate it, because it's registered among at least two heirs.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 02:12:56 AM »
My little Simmie's world just got a bit bigger. :)

Yay.  Because of the no restrictions on spouses/spares, they are actually great to use for picking up gems, metals and other alchemy ingredients, as well as buying them so that your heirs don't accidentally complete those challenges.  As long as you place them directly from the spouse/spare inventory into the heir's it shouldn't count as collecting.   Way easier huh?  :)

That mushroom bug is good to know about though, I'll steer clear of that particular challenge.