Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 61505 times)

thesweetestpea

Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 03:54:58 AM »
Unless you have a combination of traits that begs for it, leave writing as a free-for-all to max and complete skill challenges. It has a lot of 5k+ wishes.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 10:33:56 AM »
After reading about problems with opportunities, may I make a suggestion if you aren't geting an opportunity?

Start over and:
(1) Move your Dynasty to Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook or Barnacle Bay. All the community rabbit-holes are single-type(there's no combination school/stadium, etc.)
(2) You can start in places like Bridgeport which have combination rabbit-holes, but delete all those combination rabbit-holes in Edit Town and replace them with separate single-type rabbit holes(you will probably have to create new empty lots to place them).

There is a bug that makes it impossible for you to complete opportunities in the rabbit-holes if they share space with another rabbit-hole. Once, in Bridgeport, my Sim got the Sims on Ice opportunity, she had the Ice Sim, but when she tried to deliver it the action dropped. So it'll be much more easy to just start in Sunset Valley or some town which hasn't got a combination rabbit hole, but it's your game. Just a suggestion if you're getting frustrated with the bug that EA never addressed.

Oh, and REMEMBER to make sure Suppress Opportunities is -, or else you'll never get an opportunity and will fail the challenge. I almost failed my genie Life States because I was trying to rez Roxie Lin and the Oh My Ghost opportunity didn't show up because I had suppressed opportunities. (It was because I was running a baby challenge and didn't want the children to get annoying Scavenger Hunt opportunities.)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 10:49:49 AM »
@Etna, that's good advice but if someone really really wants to play in a town with combo buildings, then this opportunity bug should not make or break their decision as to where to live. As long as the opportunities are spawning correctly and can at least be completed, as far as I'm concerned they can can be deleted and counted against requirements and simply removed from the list so more can spawn.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 10:53:10 AM »
After reading about problems with opportunities, may I make a suggestion if you aren't geting an opportunity?

Start over and:
(1) Move your Dynasty to Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook or Barnacle Bay. All the community rabbit-holes are single-type(there's no combination school/stadium, etc.)
(2) You can start in places like Bridgeport which have combination rabbit-holes, but delete all those combination rabbit-holes in Edit Town and replace them with separate single-type rabbit holes(you will probably have to create new empty lots to place them).

There is a bug that makes it impossible for you to complete opportunities in the rabbit-holes if they share space with another rabbit-hole. Once, in Bridgeport, my Sim got the Sims on Ice opportunity, she had the Ice Sim, but when she tried to deliver it the action dropped. So it'll be much more easy to just start in Sunset Valley or some town which hasn't got a combination rabbit hole, but it's your game. Just a suggestion if you're getting frustrated with the bug that EA never addressed.

Actually, deleting the rabbit holes is against the rules and means you can't get into HOF.   Be careful what advice you give that you don't ruin other people's chances.   The only time you're allowed to make a deletion in edit town is with permission from Metro, myself and/or Pam. 

Also EA did fix the problem shortly after LN came out and now they're not working again so it will just be a matter of time before we see the fix I'm sure.  Since they already know how to do it. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »
This dynasty requires very few opportunities compared to the other ones. I played in Moonlight Falls, and while my founder got zero job ops, she had skill ops just pouring in. The lack of school ops is tough and the reason I have to restart, but I tested it out afterwards and getting ops from after-school activities is really easy (I didn't complete it since I was just testing to see if they would indeed spawn). No rabbithole-replacements required.

Since you're most likely going to end up maxing two skills per heir, getting regular ops is almost a non-issue no matter where you are.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2012, 08:29:27 PM »
This dynasty requires very few opportunities compared to the other ones. I played in Moonlight Falls, and while my founder got zero job ops, she had skill ops just pouring in. The lack of school ops is tough and the reason I have to restart, but I tested it out afterwards and getting ops from after-school activities is really easy (I didn't complete it since I was just testing to see if they would indeed spawn). No rabbithole-replacements required.

Since you're most likely going to end up maxing two skills per heir, getting regular ops is almost a non-issue no matter where you are.

There have been many reports of games (including mine) that are having problems with child/teens attending those after-school activities. If I allow my child/teen to attend a field trip, every school day after that is considered to also be a field trip (even though they do not leave the school). Because of this the student does not attend the after-school activity and so does not spawn the opp. I do not know if this is happening in towns without combo building schools though. If you refuse to sign any field trip permission slips the student continues to attend after-school activities, and will then spawn the opps associated with those activities.
Jaymi

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 11:21:10 PM »
There have been many reports of games (including mine) that are having problems with child/teens attending those after-school activities. If I allow my child/teen to attend a field trip, every school day after that is considered to also be a field trip (even though they do not leave the school). Because of this the student does not attend the after-school activity and so does not spawn the opp. I do not know if this is happening in towns without combo building schools though. If you refuse to sign any field trip permission slips the student continues to attend after-school activities, and will then spawn the opps associated with those activities.

This happened to me in Lunar Lakes which doesn't have combined rabbit holes.  I found the fix for it is actually just a global ResetSim *. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2012, 05:25:39 PM »
I think I may attempt to do a story with my dynasty. I have been taking pictures throughout the game, but had decided not to do a story. That changed last night when my third gen twins were born. Jade and Emerald Stonecutter. Daughters of Ruby Stonecutter, Granddaughters to Gem Stonecutter. One is a werewolf like her mom, the other is human. It was really the trait roll that decided it for me though. One twin got Good, the other got Evil. Things just got really interesting, lol. I've read Pam's rules and will start on the story after I run my errands.
Jaymi

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2012, 05:49:41 PM »
We're looking forward to reading it!

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2012, 06:54:38 PM »
I'm glad you decided to do a story after all, good luck JS! 

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »
Twin girls, one Evil, one Good? Oh yeah, that's worth doing a story right there.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2012, 06:33:09 AM »
Twin girls, one Evil, one Good? Oh yeah, that's worth doing a story right there.

I'm glad you're going to write a story JS but everyone please remember this thread is about hints & tips.  I'd like it to stay on topic. ;) Generally discussion of stories/happenings can be shared on the actual Life States thread. 

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2012, 09:00:51 PM »
Sorry Rica! I checked to see if there was a specific thread for story discussion, thinking that the thread on the challenge board was for rules and glitch issues. This one was the only non-story specific thread I found in the Story boards, so figured it would be ok. I'll stay on topic from now on.
Jaymi

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2012, 10:54:45 AM »
One warning for those of you who gets the frugal trait. Don't let them use the slot machines! Their fun meter will hit rock bottom when they loose money.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2012, 11:02:53 PM »
a large part of the challenge is to WooHoo with an occult and that is a public disgrace-able offence

This is one of the major reasons I sold Late Night and never repurchased it - the STUPID AS ALL GET OUT public disgraces. I know that celebrity status has its share of scandals, but COME ON! Making WooHoo with a vampire? If it was a zombie, I'd understand, but...  >:(

I also had the annoying "Hey, I'm aging up! I'm aging up! I'm aging up! Never mind, I don't wanna grow up *CRASH*" bug that made it impossible for a CAS Sim of Young Adult age to get the age-up sparkles unless I modified a Sim Bin Sim. Has the recent patch fixed that? :(

Sorry, this isn't a rant threat, it's about tips for this Dynasty. Let me see...

Ah! I know!

I failed my last attempt at this challenge(which I did not upload) due to this eror:

(1) Genie founder marries and mates with Jellybean Ghost spouse.
(2) The spouse had triplets - human, then ghost-genie, then human with genie skin
(3) I named ghost-genie the heir and aged up the humans to young adults and kicked them out.
(4) Epic Fail.

The first baby, a human boy, was automatic heir because he wasn't a genie. He wasn't a ghost either but I should have just gone with it and married him to a ghost again, but since he was human and humans ARE a life-state, the normal one, I failed the challenge by making him a spare and kicking him out when he was supposed to be the heir. I had to delete my game in shame. Be careful with which life state you start with!

@Rica: I have long since decided never to go for Hall of Fame, because I can never get into it because I use testingcheats. If I did put up a story here, I'd disclaimer it saying "Not to go for Hall of Fame" because I know mods and cheats are banned in these challenges and I'd invalidate them. Anyways, I was just saying if you don't care about Hall of Fame, you do option 2.

@MetropolisMan: I do like playing in Moonlight Falls and Starlight Shores, I loved Barnacle Bay when it came out, and if I wont he lottery I'd purchase Lunar Lakes and Lucky Palms too! But this whole bug which makes opportunities fail in combo rabbit-holes is frustrating and I'm just stating what I would do. I apologize for being a moron and will try to avoid giving bad advice again.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

anything