Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 61556 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2013, 01:56:31 PM »
- Vampires make easy heirs: if they are an option for you, have a vampire heir!

Yes and no. It's hard to keep them from maxing other skills because they learn them so quickly. I can't let Rose play any games--catch, hopscotch, chess--because she gains skill too fast.

This was pure dumb luck and I'm not sure how useful it would be too anyone, but it just so happened that when I came back to my file after installing Seasons, the seasons were set to 1 week each and because of the day it was, the holidays now all fall on Saturday! This is brilliant as it means I don't lose any valuable school days to holidays.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2013, 02:01:51 PM »
This was pure dumb luck and I'm not sure how useful it would be too anyone, but it just so happened that when I came back to my file after installing Seasons, the seasons were set to 1 week each and because of the day it was, the holidays now all fall on Saturday! This is brilliant as it means I don't lose any valuable school days to holidays.

But you lose one to two work days for every generation's teen requirement. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2013, 02:15:27 PM »
Oh, that's true. I hadn't got that far yet  :-\

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2013, 02:20:39 PM »
Oh, that's true. I hadn't got that far yet  :-\

You could probably make it work.   Just the requirement is for the mausoleum job which only runs from Friday to Tuesday.  Without the workaholic trait, it can be interesting.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2013, 07:20:34 PM »
Pick up the Multi-Tasker LTR. Get to work at least one hour early (the ideal time is to be at the mausoleum doors when you get the notice that your carpool will show up in 1 hour). You want to get the notification that say something like, "Great job <sim>! Your coworkers noticed you showed up early!"

Once I started doing that, I'd get promotions at the end of every shift. It looks like showing up early adds about a half level to your promotion metric.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2013, 07:21:23 PM »
Pick up the Multi-Tasker LTR. Get to work at least one hour early (the ideal time is to be at the mausoleum doors when you get the notice that your carpool will show up in 1 hour). You want to get the notification that say something like, "Great job <sim>! Your coworkers noticed you showed up early!"

Once I started doing that, I'd get promotions at the end of every shift. It looks like showing up early adds about a half level to your promotion metric.

I can't seem to get that message even if I send my sims to the graveyard right after school and have them do their homework and wait for it to happen.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2013, 07:29:03 PM »
Really? How bizarre. I don't get it immediately when they walk in, but I usually get it no later than actual shift start.

Edit: If you want, I can try to (remember to!) screen capture the notification, just to confirm I'm not making up notifications in my head ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2013, 10:59:25 AM »
Really? How bizarre. I don't get it immediately when they walk in, but I usually get it no later than actual shift start.

Edit: If you want, I can try to (remember to!) screen capture the notification, just to confirm I'm not making up notifications in my head ;)

I get the notification all the time for the adults that use the Not So Routine Machine but I can't get it for the teenagers ever.   I can say that it only takes four days with MultiTasker LTR to get the two promotions without the trait.  So it's not horrible as it could be.  Plus the job is over the weekend which means it may take more than that just to get the honor roll you need.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2013, 11:18:32 AM »
You've got two weeks as a teenager. If you complete the requirements early, use the rest of that time, especially if you have a normal life-span sim. Quit the job, skip school, use those last few days to give yourself as much of an advantage for adulthood as you can.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »
Actually I find aging up early to be beneficial.  I don't let any of my heirs learn any skills prior to YA out of habit for the other two dynasties.  Plus being a YA means they don't have curfew and can get done their LTW faster for more LTHP to get those rewards. 

Thanks to Baby Boomers, I've managed to streamline the toddler stage to 1 day.  Childhood takes at least 3 school days.  Being a teenager takes three or four school days plus four nights at the job if they weren't lucky enough to get workaholic. (They never are)

The big thing for me is keeping the file size as small as possible and fewer days truly helps with that.   Not going to school and no curfew means more time working on Skill challenges wherever you can get them done.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2013, 02:22:08 PM »
I agree with Ricalynn on that one, I was always antsy to cake the kids up as soon as their requirements were done. This is especially true of the teenagers. Get them going on their opportunities and stuff!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2013, 06:48:22 PM »
My sims have to go straight into rabbit hole careers for their career rewards so I prefer taking the last few days of teendom to up their skills/work on skill challenges as much as possible so that they only need to worry about doing well in the career and getting opps (took my cop and criminal 5+ weeks to reach the top of their careers with Liquid Job Booster and mostly maxed skills). Plus I can never find those green swallowtail butterflies for Fountain of Youth elixirs so the less I have to use them (ie, a female heir reaching elder before completing requirements) the better.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2013, 06:54:05 PM »
Liquid Job Boosters actually slow the progress of rabbithole careers. It took me a while to learn that.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2013, 07:02:41 PM »
Yeah Liquid Job Boosters are the worse thing you can do for anything that isn't experience based.  Also Criminal has that bug where it only registers them working after midnight so that's a real pain that can't be avoided. 

As for the Swallowtail thing, have someone get to level 10 alchemy to get the opportunity.  Then never turn it in so you always see where the insects of the world are located. Alchemy can't be used for a job certificate because it doesn't have one so more than one person can max it.   You cannot get a single skill challenge while maxing it either so it's a safe bet.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2013, 07:54:37 PM »
...now that Job Booster thing is weird. My boy's been maxed on alchemy since he turned Young Adult (one day til first elder now) and so have two of his brothers. Nothing's triggered yet. It's no biggie, I'll just have Mom keep looking for them or buy out the alchemist shop every time they have them in stock. Thank you all for the suggestions!