Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 61521 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2013, 08:50:53 PM »
Yeah Liquid Job Boosters are the worse thing you can do for anything that isn't experience based.

Oh my gosh! I had no idea! I was sabotaging my poor heir all the time! That's terrible. :(
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2013, 10:53:50 PM »

There are some blueprints that can be found with buydebug lighting squares/circles.   If you purchase the blueprint, you can destroy everything but the light and use it for the rest of the house as a cheap light source without having to worry about having lamps everywhere too!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Jess Horan

« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2013, 06:40:38 PM »
I apologize if this has already been answered in this thread, but what do you guys think is the best life state to start with and why?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2013, 07:09:30 PM »
No one can really ever answer that.  Doing a dynasty is your own strategy.  This is not a thread really for questions and that question really has no answers. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2013, 07:18:28 PM »
If you wanted tips on founder life states, I'd go for one with expanded life (e.g vampires, fairies, etc), but it doesn't really matter. You can always make Young Again potions on the chemistry table (generations) or get them as a LTR for life states without life extension  :) (after you've finished your requirements!)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2013, 07:23:01 PM »
If you wanted tips on founder life states, I'd go for one with expanded life (e.g vampires, fairies, etc), but it doesn't really matter. You can always make Young Again potions on the chemistry table (generations) or get them as a LTR for life states without life extension  :)

These can only be used after you do your requirements though.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2013, 07:48:09 PM »
Thanks for reminding me, Rica. I edited my post  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2013, 07:54:29 PM »
I apologize if this has already been answered in this thread, but what do you guys think is the best life state to start with and why?

My opinion is that it depends on traits. My founder was Athletic and Artistic, which has exactly six skill challenges together that are easy to complete, so I made her human. If her traits were random, I probably would have gone with fairy so I had time to finish everything.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2013, 09:27:33 PM »
My opinion is that it depends on traits. My founder was Athletic and Artistic, which has exactly six skill challenges together that are easy to complete, so I made her human. If her traits were random, I probably would have gone with fairy so I had time to finish everything.

Her traits were random, as per the rules. You should probably clarify that.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2013, 09:31:39 PM »
Her traits were random, as per the rules. You should probably clarify that.

Oh, yes. Based on random traits, which is what makes it so important to choose the right life state.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2013, 09:33:53 PM »
It could be me, but that doesn't seem any clearer. I thought you had to pick the life state before you randomise the traits, but I guess it's all in CAS so you can do it however you want.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2013, 09:35:56 PM »
It could be me, but that doesn't seem any clearer. I thought you had to pick the life state before you randomise the traits, but I guess it's all in CAS so you can do it however you want.

The rules only say to create a YA sim with randomized traits, as far as I can tell.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2013, 10:34:26 PM »
I think this needs to be clarified because choosing the life state afterwards changes the possible LTWs so changing the life state is essentially choosing your own LTW in the scenario where you chose it and then it's not one of the five that available after you've changed life state. 

I'll ask Metro.. it's kind of tricky.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2013, 05:26:28 PM »
With the release of Dragon Valley on May 30th, all players of the dynasty challenges are asked to refrain from using any of it's content until the challenge board team has had time to review what is being released. 

If you want to explore the new content, that is what a new game is for.   Dynasties are not allowed to be started in this world until after the go ahead is given.   That means don't start one saying "Oh they'll approve it of course.  I just won't post until they do."

Remember the challenge team is made up of people, too.   Two out of three have children of their own while the other one's job centers around children.  We have families and we would like to play some ourselves while still making sure you guys have all the information you need.   Just like with University Life, we will get back to everyone as soon as is possible with our three schedules.   This material is not banned infinitely.  Just for now.

Thank you.

Jess Horan

« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2013, 12:55:20 PM »
I just want to be sure before I create my founder, was there a ruling on whether or not you have to choose the life state before rolling traits?

anything