Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 291197 times)

SimBlip

Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Moonlight Sonata
« Reply #435 on: March 02, 2013, 06:06:39 PM »
So nice to be back and all caught up.
Allegra is special. Her name suggests speed, but actually she takes her time to grow up and looks at life properly.
I'm happily tinkling along with her and hope for much happiness! :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #436 on: March 03, 2013, 08:46:34 PM »
I can totally vouch for getting attached to other stories. There are several stories on this forum (the Classics definitely being one of them!) that I get, like, way too excited when I see an update from! Alchemy is certainly a good back up; it's super easy. Still, I'm curious to see about the music opps, since I never tried that angle. Allegra really is quite gorgeous; I love her coloring!

Music seems like a bust.  She has spent several days on end playing for tips outside of the teatro without a single tip, and she's a level 9 guitarist.  Time for Plan B, methinks.

Oh no...I've spent the last two weeks reading this in bits and pieces and now I have to wait. This feels unnatural. But it is safe to say I LOVE IT, EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS I JUST LOVE. Yeah that pretty much sums it up  ;)

Yay!  I hope to see more feedback from you.  It's so nice to know someone is enjoying it.

So nice to be back and all caught up.
Allegra is special. Her name suggests speed, but actually she takes her time to grow up and looks at life properly.
I'm happily tinkling along with her and hope for much happiness! :)

You're always missed.  Allegra does rather like to speed through her goals.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #437 on: March 03, 2013, 09:03:43 PM »
It's used to indicate a fast tempo in music, but the literal translation of "allegra" would be "Joyful". I think it fits...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Rainbow Phenomenon
« Reply #438 on: March 03, 2013, 09:26:12 PM »
Can it really be?  Didn't I wake up yesterday on my own wedding day?  And now it's my great-granddaughter's?  Time does just speed right past, doesn't it?

But, I am ahead of myself.  Which is ironic considering I'd like to often be well behind where I am.  I wonder what Hiram would think of our descendants, of Eureka's life-changing invention, of the music and happiness in this house.  I miss him so.  But, I feel a bit of him around when there's news of a new romance blossoming in our lives.

But, of course, I should backtrack.  Allegra became a young adult on the first day of winter.  The only outfit you won't see in this update is her bathing suit, so for the sake of satisfying curiosity, here it is:

She took to adulthood with the blazing enthusiasm she's always approached life.  The day of her graduation, she won most likely to be a rock star, and didn't take it lightly.

She spent days on end outside of the theater, playing her guitar to the delight of the crowd.

Her happiness and sense of accomplishment didn't sway even as the tips failed to come.  Back home, Eureka was in the home stretch of her requirements.  On the day of Allegra's wedding she'd be awaiting a final 1,000 simoleans of sales to take her to immortality.

When Allegra first started hinting that she'd found The One, there was a whole lot of speculation as to who it could be.  We knew that she had some hopes.

We also knew that she could have her pick.  Many of the original townies had become supernatural back in Granny's day and we knew she wanted one.  They were also all enamored of her, even if they could never be fussed to tip.

Perhaps surprisingly, the person who immediately knew the object of Allegra's affections was her father.  He referenced the night she graduated, playing into the night outside of the school.

And how that was the night she started asking him what she should really hope for in a mate.

It would shock most to know that Humberto was her confidant throughout this process.  Her source of both support and advice.  She only seemed to meet her beau at night, which made us suspect he was a vampire.

Imagine my surprise when I found out it was one of my best friends.  A former chess opponent.

And Goopy's old school chum.  Orlando Romano.

They fell hard and fast for each other.

It was hard not to fall in love with the idea of them while it happened.  After all, how can you resist the infectious happiness of young romance?

Or a completely tone deaf man who agrees to sing on dates with his virtuoso girlfriend?

The day Humberto donned a winter coat to meet a mysterious friend in the pub, we were all pretty sure what was happening.  Allegra, for once, showed a crack in her sunny, confident composure.  We waited on tenterhooks until Humberto came back and said, "Allegra.  I need to speak with you."

To all of our surprise, he gave her a sweet, tight hug and said, "My precious baby girl," he sighed.  "I'm building you a winter wedding chapel.  Go propose to that boy before I come to my senses."

She released a cry of pure joy and darned of all us grannies didn't cheer along with her.

And so she did.

They agreed to wed on Snowflake Day, following the traditional Classic gift exchange party.  It was then that Humberto's sudden fascination with alchemy began to make total sense.

When Orlando arrived for the party, Allegra called him into her room and administered the potent cure.

He didn't miss his vampirism one bit.  Although, unfortunately, he realized that now that he was cured of his supernatural state, he was right on the cusp of elderhood.

The gift exchange was the speediest in Classic history, but no less fun than it's always been. 

Silvia looked particularly fetching this year.  It seems her romance with Eden has really brought her back to life.  She's been a member of the family for so long that sometimes it's hard to remember that she doesn't live here.

Before we knew it, it was time to dress Allegra for her big moment.  Granny and Eureka did the honors.

And it was then, on the snowy afternoon of perhaps our most memorable Snowflake Day, that the Classics had their final wedding.  Our last, emotional mother-of-the-bride cried her sweet, happy tears, and we all knew we were that much closer to The End.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Rainbow Phenomenon
« Reply #439 on: March 03, 2013, 09:54:35 PM »

I love that rainbow striped dress on Allegra --- and I'm not usually a fan of such bright colors! I can't believe we've come to the final classic wedding. Somehow it feels like just yesterday that we were all cheering Mona Lisa and Goopy on! It's nice that Humberto has really come around to the fact of his baby daughter growing up; it was such an unexpected twist that he'd be the one to first know about Allegra's love.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #440 on: March 03, 2013, 10:25:52 PM »
Allegra (and all of her outfits) is absolutely, positively gorgeous. Orlando Romano is actually alive in my game, so I'm trapped between freaking out with OMG I know him! and OMG Must use as dynasty spouse!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #441 on: March 03, 2013, 10:29:50 PM »
Wow, she looks so lovely and mature. Congratulations! The best part was Humberto telling Allegra he was building her a winter wedding chapel  :'( I love this story!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Phantome-A

• Comic Immortal Dynasty
  • Townie
  • Sims-life where is the line?
« Reply #442 on: March 03, 2013, 10:35:15 PM »
Should I be worried that alleges fashion sense is so similar to mine? Haha yay for walking rainbows. And wow is that boy/elder fine ;)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #443 on: March 03, 2013, 11:23:32 PM »
I love that rainbow striped dress on Allegra --- and I'm not usually a fan of such bright colors! I can't believe we've come to the final classic wedding. Somehow it feels like just yesterday that we were all cheering Mona Lisa and Goopy on! It's nice that Humberto has really come around to the fact of his baby daughter growing up; it was such an unexpected twist that he'd be the one to first know about Allegra's love.

I tried sooo many different outfits (and crashes) on Allegra, but I'm really happy with the ones that turned out.  I realized I forgot to post her nightwear in this one, so you'll definitely be seeing it next time.  It does seem to have flown past!  But at the same time, I feel like I've been playing this family forever.

Allegra (and all of her outfits) is absolutely, positively gorgeous. Orlando Romano is actually alive in my game, so I'm trapped between freaking out with OMG I know him! and OMG Must use as dynasty spouse!

Once I turned him human, I realized how weird and tiny his eyes are.  We'll see if it messes up my very attractive dynasty.  He does have great traits, though.

Wow, she looks so lovely and mature. Congratulations! The best part was Humberto telling Allegra he was building her a winter wedding chapel  :'( I love this story!

I'll have to grab a pic of the little chapel itself next time.  It's about the size of a garage.  Humbug has mellowed out a lot in his old age.

Should I be worried that alleges fashion sense is so similar to mine? Haha yay for walking rainbows. And ** is that boy/elder fine ;)

Haha!  Only if you think she doesn't look fabulous.  (And she does).

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #444 on: March 04, 2013, 01:02:20 AM »
Oh Humberto, I knew you'd come around! :D

Allegra is a beauty, and such a fun personality. It saddens me that she won't have a lot of time with her Orlando, though. Wonderful update! Congrats on Eureka's (near) immortality!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #445 on: March 04, 2013, 07:05:19 PM »
Sorry to hear that supermaxing the guitar didn't work out. I honestly think opportunities have gotten less frequent with each expansion pack. Allegra is beautiful, and I'm sure her children will turn out to be quite handsome. Sweet update!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #446 on: March 04, 2013, 07:12:46 PM »
If you want fast tips, a subway is the only way to go. That won't make you get the opportunities though.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #447 on: March 04, 2013, 08:59:51 PM »
Sorry to hear that supermaxing the guitar didn't work out. I honestly think opportunities have gotten less frequent with each expansion pack. Allegra is beautiful, and I'm sure her children will turn out to be quite handsome. Sweet update!

....Where's it say that?

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Wedding March
« Reply #448 on: March 05, 2013, 06:01:56 PM »
They say your wedding day is the happiest day of your life.

Maybe there's a cosmic beam of happiness associated with the sensation of that ring sliding over your finger.

Or the goofy happiness of your groom right before he says his vows.

Maybe everyone has a moment of profound peace, a moment of eye contact with the most important man in their life to date before committing to a new most important man.

And oh, the explosion of happiness in her heart when she sees pride and approval glowing from him, radiating from his wonderful smile.

Yes, I can believe it.  My wedding day is the happiest day of my life.  So far.

That night, Orlando and I stole away for the briefest of honeymoons floating above the snowy landscape of Monte Vista.

I felt like my heart would burst from happiness in my chest.  Then again, I am immune to the cold like my Grandma Eunice was, and my darling Orlando is not.  He seemed strangely pensive for having the happiest day of his life.

Unable to bear not knowing, I inquired as to his mood.  Was he having second thoughts?  Was he not happy?

He laughed softly and sipped his champagne.  "I couldn't possibly be happier," he said, his eyes roaming over my face.  "Not in my very long life."

"Then what is it?"

He pulled me onto the seat of the balloon and I felt the cold night air boost us higher into the sky.

"Something is wrong with the cure," he said, at last.  "I am human, but I am still suffering from a lack of blood.  I tried eating a plasma fruit before the wedding but it only made me vomit.  Our child might not be human.  I might have doomed your dynasty."

I sucked in my breath and opened my mouth to speak, but he cut me off.

"That's not all.  After so many years living in suspended time, I had lost track of my age.  I feel it now.  I'm not very far away from being an elder.  Only a few weeks younger than your father.  I won't live to see you become immortal."

It hit me like a punch to the chest.  What he was saying could spell disaster.  I'd have to tell the family.  I'd have to lose him so much sooner than I liked.  But I didn't cry.  I didn't even hesitate.  I reacted the best way I knew how, and somehow, it was the right thing to do and I felt us both relax a little, fear just a bit less.

It's too soon to make a baby.  Daddy will have to leave us for that to be a possibility.  In the meantime, there is plenty of cuddling and woohoo in the final days of Orlando's youth.  And it's easy to remember why I fell in love with him.  This energetic, family-loving man - who wouldn't fall in love?

While we were in the balloon, something miraculous was going on at home.  Grandma Mona Lisa says that ambrosia never seems to be eaten for the first time unless it is a day of consequence.  Granny's was on Ophelia and Emmett's wedding day, Mona Lisa's at the moment her daughter gave birth and so on.  Today was no exception.

When we returned from our balloon ride, the family shared nectar and admired my mother's museum room.  A lifetime of accomplishment.

I lingered down there a bit longer than the others and fell in love with the nooboo my mother used to be.  I suppose that's strange, isn't it?  I cant wait to have one of my own.

And my mother finally was able to relax and enjoy the days of her elderhood with the wonderful man she married.

My room, too, was updated, courtesy of Grandma Mona Lisa, while I was away.  Sort of regret making such a goofy pose now.

I was given some time off of the job I haven't even started yet at the teatro due to my marriage.  I decided to use the time perusing alchemy.  Perhaps I'd be able to find a full cure for Orlando.

As predicted, he got older quite suddenly.

The dresser is currently causing strange things to happen in our universe, so luckily the mirror was enough to set him to a decent look.  I think he's got a hot professor thing going on.  Appropriate for a teacher.

Mom was given a key to the city the day after she ate ambrosia.

Either her rebellious nature has distilled in her old age or she just doesn't like politicians, but she couldn't stop talking about how inappropriate the mayor's hat was.

Grandma Eden has planted a lot of alchemy ingredients to help me out with my supermax and has bought a few bee bins as well.  She keeps getting stung, but she is very devoted to helping me succeed.  She's the sweetest of the grandmas, you know.

The daycare is still going.  I'm often horrified at how neglected the kids who get dropped off seem to be.  They're always starving and in need of a diaper change.  Granny handles it with calm and cool though.  I imagine she'll be invaluable when I finally have my own nooboo.

Not yet, though.  Not yet.  And in the time between now and then, I need to find a way to cure my husband so that my daughter will have nothing barring her from becoming the seventh immortal.

Immortal 5 - Eureka Classic

Traits: loves the heat, eccentric, rebellious, night owl, great kisser
Spouse: Humberto (Cantrell) Classic
Career: Inventor (maxed)
Skill: Inventing (supermaxed)
Other Maxed Skills: Handiness
Lifetime Wish: Monster Maker (complete)
6 Unique Black Ops: Target Practice, Bring Back the Beats, Upgrade the Spa, Master Invention, Handiness How-To, Explosions Seminar
6 Unique Best Friends:  Humberto Classic, Allegra Classic, Cipriana Costa, Dusty O'Neill, Beppe Bianchi, Conor Monty
3 Unique Lifetime Rewards: Artisan Crafter, Efficient Inventor, Never Dull
Property: Mucho Espresso Cafe
Building: Freddie's Free Range
Portraits: toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder
Sculptures: toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder
Photographs: infant, toddler, child, young adult, adult

Immortal at: 87 days

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Wedding March
« Reply #449 on: March 05, 2013, 08:05:11 PM »
The vampire-curing bug might be the worst thing ever. I hope you get through it somehow. D:

I like how beautifully it is written into the story, though.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded