Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288205 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Starry Night
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 02:58:24 PM »
Oh, a bit of rivalry! Poor, clueless Goopy . . . I hope Mona Lisa can overcome her shyness enough to show Goopy that they are soulmates! Ophelia is a lovely girl, and I'm sure she'll find someone else for her.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 03:32:11 PM »
I think Goopy would be happy with either of these two beautiful girls!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 06:25:54 PM »
Such a shame we can't have a "ménage à trois". It's very classical, but probably not very sensible. :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 07:38:50 PM »
I think Goopy would be happy with either of these two beautiful girls!

I hope so!  Because I have no idea where this is going right now.

Such a shame we can't have a "ménage à trois". It's very classical, but probably not very sensible. :)

Haha.  Simsverse is very particular about fidelity these days, otherwise I'd consider it.

Oh, a bit of rivalry! Poor, clueless Goopy . . . I hope Mona Lisa can overcome her shyness enough to show Goopy that they are soulmates! Ophelia is a lovely girl, and I'm sure she'll find someone else for her.

Ha!  I see you've found your stance on the matter and rooted firmly to it :)

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »
Haha. Simsverse is very particular about fidelity these days, otherwise I'd consider it.
The No Jelocey Ever LTR for all three of them would cover that.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
La Grand Jatte (Sunday in the Park)
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 08:02:04 PM »
I've been wanting to do something for a while now, but I've been too nervous to.  I should listen to Aunt Carlotta and just close my eyes and leap more often, probably.  Buuut, that's not happening today, so instead, I timed my breakfast to where I'd have a chance to talk to Uncle Ed about his life as a professional painter.

"Do you think I've got what it takes?"

"Oh, kid, yes," he said.  "More than I ever did.  I'll put in a good word for you at the consignment shop.  Why don't you go register and then drop off all those canvases you've been hoarding."

"You know about those?"

"Well, yeah.  It's not like we're awash in space in this house."

So I did!  Oh, can you believe it?  I felt like I'd swallowed a fistful of butterflies! 

The consignment lady was very nice and gave each one of my paintings an appraisal.  She called me later that night and told me, congratulations, I'd already been promoted ... four times!

Well, that certainly gave me a wake up call.  I need to stop hiding from life so much!  Like Ophelia, who gets up early to hack at a block of ice with a chainsaw because she loves me.

Then shouts at an older man that his bum looks fantastic in pink scrubs and makes him giggle a bit.

Oh, I'm so amused, can't you tell?  Just extra delighted by their oh so charming and witty banter.  It's a wonder I can smile with my teeth clenched so hard together.

I want to be in love like Mama and Daddy.  Like Carlotta and Ed.  What if we get to young adulthood, 'Phelia manages to steal Goopy from me, and I'm the odd man out?  Gah, that'd be awful.

Well, I had some hope.  At school, the day before Leisure Day, they announced a prom!  Now, I know already that Ophelia will go, and will be amazing at it because she already won Spring Queen at the festival.  Maybe, if we're lucky, she'd meet some boy and stop giving me so much competition!

Everything seemed to be coming up roses!  Aunt Carlotta finally caught a deathfish.  (I named it Carson.  He's in the fridge until it's time for ambrosia.)

And the family went for this great big Leisure Day festival trip!  We never get to do stuff like this, except for when Goopy graduated, because everyone is always skilling.  But Mom got her Speedy Writer reward and thought it was time for a break (AFTER she bought moonlight park and upgraded it + photobooth).

Uncle Ed was hilariously overzealous about winning the hotdog competition.  Notice my mother and I stayed well away from this particular challenge.

We also avoided the water balloons, because we're prissy princesses.

Instead we opted for learning to skate.  We both took to it well.  I'm glad Mom's back was turned when we snapped this photo so she didn't see that horrifying, deformed cat down there by her hand.

I even saw my teacher there and skated with her a little!

Dad and Goopy got super sweaty playing soccer.  I tried not to watch the goal post too obviously.

It was a great day, the perfect lead in to prom.  We missed our limo, so Ophelia and I took a cab to the school.  It was sunset, and the weather was perfect, and I just had a good feeling about the dance.  Tonight Ophelia would meet her soul mate and get on out of my way with Goopy.

Well, some of my predictions were right.  She got prom queen.  I got rejected when I asked for a dance with this one guy, and a mean girl threw punch at Ophelia so I got into a fight.  Or three.

Okay, so something unexpected happened too.  I um ... well, I met this boy.  Named Emmett.  I KNOW, I KNOW, I'm meant for Goopy, but it was nice to have someone to dance with at prom.  Really nice.  I got home and hung up the prom picture in my part of the temp museum.

The next morning, I heard Goopy rustling around pretty early, so I forced myself up so we could have breakfast.

"How was prom?" he asked.

"Oh, spectacular!  'Phelia got queen!"

"Of course she did!  That Ophelia is something, isn't she?"

"I have a date."

"What?"

"Today.  I have a date.  With a boy.  Who likes me.  We're probably going to kiss and stuff."

"Oh.  Well, congrats, Mona.  That's ... that's great."

Well, I didn't actually have a date.  I called Emmett and asked if he wanted to maybe go to the park or something.  He said yes, mercifully, so I didn't have to go out and pretend to be on a date.  This is him.

I only kind of knew him from school, so we chatted a bit.  It turns out he is super family oriented.  He started chatting away about all the nooboos he wants someday.  It was a little odd.

"I'm .. um.  I'm so glad you danced with me, Mona Lisa.  I've liked you for a really long time."

"What, me?  Really?  That's ... that's so nice."

"Well, it's true!  I even turned down a prom invitation just so I could ask you to dance!"

"Really?  Who did you turn down?"

"Um ... your friend.  The one with the red hair."

"Say what, now?"

Okay, that shouldn't have pleased me as much as it did.  And honestly, for a lot of the date, I kind of felt like maybe I was betraying either Ophelia or Goopy or both or something.

Somehow, though, we ended up at a movie and then at the pizzeria and suddenly it was past curfew and I was agreeing to be his girlfriend.

Maybe that whole thing about jumping without looking was horrible advice after all.  Or great advice.  I don't know.  I have no idea what I'm doing. 

Crap.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - La Grande Jatte
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 08:13:54 PM »
Noooooo, Mona, you must find your path! With Goopy! Okay, Emmet is cute enough, so I suppose he would be an okay dynasty spouse. But still, did you hear Goopy? "That's ... that's great. He likes her, but he doesn't want to sound creepy because she's just a teenager. It's okay, Mona! He will wait for you!
Wow . . . I must be more passionate about Moopy than I thought!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »
Emmet might be nice, but does his bum look good in pink scrubs? I think that might be the deciding factor here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 08:40:20 PM »
Aww, that was cute! Part of me would still love to see Mona and Goopy together, but...well, I don't mind Emmet either. He is rather adorable. :)

SimBlip

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 09:09:34 PM »
...I'm glad Mom's back was turned... so she didn't see that horrifying, deformed cat down there...
This will have me giggle for hours!
I love Mona more and more. She is so honest in her appraisals of everyone and everything around her.
She deserves all the happiness in the world!  :D

jsiberian

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 01:31:09 PM »
I'm shipping Moopy for life. Nobody can change me.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 06:05:50 PM »
It totally makes sense, though. A teenager would react like that I think. But I think Ophelia should be with Emmett and Mona Lisa with Goopy!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Louise56

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2012, 07:27:48 AM »
I also want Mona and Goopy together. Perhaps things will change when they both are also young adults.
Or is that when the trouble starts lol.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
American Gothic
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2012, 04:18:50 PM »
"You were out late," Goopy said, plopping down opposite me at the chess table.

"Yeah, well, I lost track of time.  Emmett is just that great.  I feel bad, though, because I think Ophelia likes him, and he picked me instead."

Goopy's face registered surprise.  "I can't believe you went on a date with him, then."

"Well, Ophelia goes after whomever she wants.  Why can't I?"

"I'm disappointed in you, Mona Lisa," he said.

"I'm sure I'll recover," I snapped, and then I went to sleep.

This house is just full of hypocrites, isn't it?  I make sure to tell Emmett what a PERFECT and AWESOME boyfriend he is, as loud as I can on the phone during the day.  It's important that everyone know how happy I am.

Besides, Ophelia hasn't said a thing to me.  She probably didn't even like him that much. 

Mom hasn't said anything about it, but I can always feel her watching me when something's going on in her head.  She's always just too polite to put it out there.  Being judged feels awesome.

Our birthdays rolled around on Spooky Day and we were just as close and excited as we've always been!

D'you like that painting of Mom and Dad in the background there?  It's my first masterpiece!  (Thanks, SimBlip!)  It was a gift to celebrate Mom supermaxing her writing skill!  She only has to get to Level 10 of her career now and she'll qualify to eat ambrosia.

'Phelia and I both aged up with that awful hair again.  No, you can't see.  But you can see us after!  We both put on some very tasteful make up.  Here's a close up of mine.

Yeah, I'm in my night things in the picture.  Like that lime green lapel?  I have a strange fondness for lime green, even though my favorite color is white.  Here's my every day outfit.

And here's 'Phelia's.  She's so pretty!  Honestly, how could Goopy resist her?  I think I'm coming to terms with it.

We've made up a bit, I guess.  He did wish me a very happy birthday. 

"I asked Dad if I could paint your young adult portrait," he said.

"Oh, that's really great of you, Goop," I smiled, suddenly not feeling like my throat would cave in if I talked to him.  "I can't wait to see what you produce."

I didn't announce to my family the other thing.  The Engagement Thing.  I haven't answered him yet, but the day of graduation, Emmett asked me to marry him.  I've thought about it a lot.  It makes me nervous, but it also makes me feel really good about myself.

I don't feel all crazy for Emmett like I did for Goopy.  He doesn't make my heart flutter, but he feels safe and good and comfortable.  Maybe that's what love is, really.  And the rest was all just teenaged hormones going haywire.  I could certainly do worse.  I know he cares for me very much.

I still have the odd heart leap for Goopy.  Even when he's dressed like a cowplant on Spooky Day, but I know it's ridiculous.  He's talking about cameras and his mind is on art.  Not on me.

Spooky Day was great, by the way.  Ophelia is on this mermaid kick.  She sculpted one and dressed as one and has asked me for a painting of one!  It's pretty adorable.

I also just love the autumn light.  It's the perfect atmosphere for a nice landscape, don't you think?

Mom, Carlotta, and Ed aged up that very night.  They all HATE being elders, obviously.  Carlotta and Ed still make a really cute couple.

Mom, like always, was a huge worry wort the whole time she was sparkling.  Love her birthday face, don't you?

She, of course, is still just as elegant and beautiful as ever.  She was disappointed that for some reason her hairstyle didn't show up in the elder options, though.

Dad says she's a silver fox.

Well, I guess none of us are getting any younger, right?  I mean, I'm sure Goopy and Ophelia will be making it official any day now.  You should've seen them pretending to feel awkward when she walked in on him taking a shower.  As though that's not just the perfect set up for steamy dreams about your future husband!

So, I just bit the bullet.  I called Emmett, met him in the park, and I said yes.

I told my parents, and they were ecstatic.  Daddy said we'd do my ice sculpture in my wedding gown.  It was worth it just for the look of surprise on Goopy's face.

"Are you marrying that boy, Mona?" he asked me, with this sickened look on his face, like I'm the worst best friend in the world.

"I'm a dynasty heir, Goop.  I can't stay single forever," I said.  "Besides, my first choice doesn't even realize I'm an option."

I fled upstairs before he could answer.  Luckily, his pager went off and when I came back down he was at the hospital. 

It doesn't matter what he thinks.  Ophelia and I will love each other no matter what.  She gets my Goopy and I get her Emmett.  She can't have everything.  I am getting married tomorrow, and tough luck.

I fell asleep thinking about my parents and how happy they are.  I should ask Mom when she realized that real love was comfort and security and not butterflies in the stomach.  I fell asleep trying not to be angry at Goopy, who had come home by then.  I knew he would probably spend the entire evening dreaming of his proposal to Ophelia, and the life they'd spend together.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - American Gothic
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2012, 04:26:21 PM »
I am so mad at Mona right now! I really hope she figures out things before she goes and makes a big mistake! She's clearly in love with Goopy, and it's obvious he cares for her, too. She needs to realise that soon!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

anything