Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288281 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Ophelia
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2012, 04:14:43 PM »
Words escape me...that was amazing. Ophelia truly is a selfless being, a sweet girl. It's lovely to see things from her perspective, and even lovelier that Emmett will find love again.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2012, 05:55:59 PM »
That chapter is hilarious and beautiful, all rolled up into pixels. "Moopy or Goophelia" is just a beautiful title for a book!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2012, 09:37:50 PM »
At last a writer who finds a deep and entirely positive "raison d'ętre" for Aunt Bernice's dolls!
The name Ophelia makes so much sense now. I admire your forethought and empathy, Tilia.
Well, this darling girl has awaken from a long slumber. I'm so glad she embraces life with every fibre of her being.
The poem in the end captures all the emotions I feel whenever I read about her kind.
A very moving and liberating chapter!  :)

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2012, 09:38:16 PM »
Ophelia T__T hug?

Wow Tillia you're amazing people with your dynasty writing skills again :P. Good job.

Louise56

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2013, 05:34:13 AM »
Fantastic update! Make me see the imaginary friends in a whole new light.
I'm so glad Ophelia and Emmett find each other. :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2013, 11:19:29 PM »
Words escape me...that was amazing. Ophelia truly is a selfless being, a sweet girl. It's lovely to see things from her perspective, and even lovelier that Emmett will find love again.

I truly felt guilty about Emmett, fictional as he may be.  I'm glad I was able to give him some happiness.

Ophelia T__T hug?

Wow Tillia you're amazing people with your dynasty writing skills again :P. Good job.

Thank you, darling!  Is that a crying face?

At last a writer who finds a deep and entirely positive "raison d'ętre" for Aunt Bernice's dolls!
The name Ophelia makes so much sense now. I admire your forethought and empathy, Tilia.
Well, this darling girl has awaken from a long slumber. I'm so glad she embraces life with every fibre of her being.
The poem in the end captures all the emotions I feel whenever I read about her kind.
A very moving and liberating chapter!  :)

Can't take credit for the poem.  That's all Shakespeare's Ophelia from Hamlet.  In honesty, she's criticizing her brother in that scene for being so reckless with his affections, but considering she's just learned that perhaps she should be more reckless more often, I thought it was appropriate :)

That chapter is hilarious and beautiful, all rolled up into pixels. "Moopy or Goophelia" is just a beautiful title for a book!

Haha, I thought so!  It was a best seller.

Fantastic update! Make me see the imaginary friends in a whole new light.
I'm so glad Ophelia and Emmett find each other. :)

You'll see lots more of them!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Triumph of Death
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2013, 11:42:13 PM »
Daddy and my Goopy shared a birthday this time around.  We had cakes ready for them in the morning before their respective workdays began.  It may have been the first time Mom has ever managed to get all enthusiastic about a party.  Maybe she just didn't want to be old by herself!

Dad is looking pretty okay for an old guy, don't you think?

Goop looks exactly the same.  I swear, the GilsCarbos don't age.  My future child(ren) will hopefully get that blessing.

It was a nice little mini party, right at the crack of dawn.

Ophelia gets to work later in the day than everyone else.  Her promotions have been going off like clockwork.  I know she's an excellent cook, but we suspect it doesn't hurt that she keeps getting love letters and gifts from her boss.  He's a werewolf and not very attractive besides.  Oh, I suppose it's horrible to laugh, but what are you going to do?

She, of course, is fully taken.  She approached me the other day, all dressed up in her sexy formal wear.  "Mona Lisa, Mona Lisa," she said.  "I have news!"

Well, I suppose it's not so surprising, really.  She's a brave soul to get down on one knee in front of the whole town like that.

Emmett, bless him, deserves all the happiness in the world.  She said he actually teared up.  I'm more and more convinced that he wasn't in love with me either.  Not really.

He is in love with her.  Completely.

So yes, my ex-fiance is going to come live in my house.  Thank the Watcher we did the clean slate.  I really, truly am ecstatic for my Ophelia.  Can you say bachelorette party?

We had it at the house.  Ignore my gross parents messing up the shot of the sexy firemen. 

Mom had just maxed her career about six seconds beforehand and she was a little bit giddy.  Daddy, of course, was more than supportive.

It should be noted that the firemen were far more interested in each other than in the partygoers.  They started exchanging flower bouquets after everyone went to bed.

Goop and I got some dancing in with the new stereo that Daddy got for Christmas.

And, the highlight of the evening, of course, was my toast to my Ophelia!  "She's my best friend, my muse, and most importantly, my sister," I said.  "But I'm about to educate you a little on Ophelia Classic!"

"She tortured me through our teen years by flirting shamelessly with my husband to be!  Of course, it would turn out she was just trying to get me to take action, but having attention brought to his bum and how they looked in his paramedic scrubs was torture on my little teenage heart!  I wonder how Emmett would feel about that observation?"

"His bum is spectacular!" she shouted.  At which point I gave her my best withering look and she gave me her best "whaaat?" expression.

"For that, my love, you will suffer," I said, holding back laughter.

"Oh, no!  Mona, no, my dress!" she said, but couldn't keep the giggles in either.

She was a very good sport about it, in the end.

It was the perfect party.  I'll remember it forever.  No matter how long I live.

The next day was a doubly important day for the Classics.  In our home, Carlotta was preparing a very special meal.

On the other end of town, Ophelia was exchanging her vows at the festival grounds with the boy she'd loved since her teen years.

I chose to be with my mother, who needed me most in this moment.

And I felt eternity change around me.  Changed by love.

Changed by immortality.

Changed by us.  Long live Classic Literature.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Triumph of Death
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2013, 11:56:30 PM »
It's like every good thing ever happened in this chapter. Congrats to Ophelia, Emmett, and Coralie on their triumphs!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2013, 12:52:01 AM »
It's like every good thing ever happened in this chapter. Congrats to Ophelia, Emmett, and Coralie on their triumphs!

I agree with that assessment. Long live Classic Literature!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2013, 01:35:33 AM »
His bum is, indeed, spectacular. That toast made me laugh so hard! I suppose that's what a real toast at a bachelorette party would be like! Long live classic sensibilities!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2013, 01:54:30 AM »
Love does, indeed, conquer all. This was a beautiful chapter, so touching and engaging. That bachelorette party was amusing. I've never had the dancers hit on each other before, though I have had them hit on party guests and go skinny dipping. :P

I for one can't wait to see nooboos. :)

Louise56

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2013, 06:46:51 AM »
Congrats on your first immortal and the newly weds. :)

SimBlip

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2013, 08:08:48 AM »
Can't take credit for the poem.  That's all Shakespeare's Ophelia from Hamlet.  In honesty, she's criticizing her brother in that scene for being so reckless with his affections, but considering she's just learned that perhaps she should be more reckless more often, I thought it was appropriate :)

More than appropriate! But I looked at the poem strictly in context of Imaginary Friends.

Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven = the difficult procedure to become real
Whiles, like a puff' d and reckless libertine etc. = is it reckless to make an IF become real?
O, Fear Me Not = don't fear the doll nor the person she/he becomes

Anyways, I LOVE the outcome of it all!
The picture of Mona and Ophelia hugging each other after that priceless speech had me wink away a tear.
Congratulations on your FIRST IMMORTAL! *confetti*

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Death and the Maiden
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2013, 11:47:35 PM »
Emmett joined our household flawlessly.  The first thing we did was get him into some decent clothes.  He'd lived his whole life as a homeless babysitter around Monte Vista, which explains his winter gym shorts.  He kept the hair we've all come to associate him with, and we didn't dress him in his favorite color (hot pink), but overall, it's an improvement.

Goopy, I think slightly in guilt, has made a real effort to make friends with him.  We were surprised to learn the guy is a total kleptomaniac and aspires to join the criminal career.  Whatever, I suppose.  As long as he loves Ophelia.  He confided to Goopy that he has a particular fondness for stealing laptops.

I've reached level 9 of my career.  It's hard to stay focused on painting when my mind is really, really somewhere else most of the time.

To distract myself, I went ahead and bought out Venice Park and upgraded it into a fun family destination and wedding area.

The old folks at home keep being old.  Remember how Uncle Ed's painting skills started to go a bit weird when he aged up?  Well, I think Daddy's having the same problem.

His mind is still sharp enough, though.  He and Goop spend hours in deep conversation or at the chess table. 

"Them's some good genius genes," Ophelia always says.

He also takes Mom out on something like 40 dates per week now that she doesn't have to be glued to the computer all the time.  It's pretty cute, I guess.

Carlotta has picked up a lot of hobbies in her spare time as an elder, when she's not flirting with Ed or harassing Goopy and I to procreate.  She's an energetic woman.  Which was why it was such a surprise, when it happened.

Mom, Uncle Ed, and I were the only ones home, and we dashed up as fast as we could.  But, it was too late.  For the first time, Grim visited the Classic household.

I've never heard so much pain come over my mother before.  It broke my heart completely.

That night, several times, I was ill.  The obvious explanation would be nerves over losing my beloved mother-in-law, quite suddenly that morning ... but, I think you all know what I was hoping for.

When I was jolted awake at 4AM by the knowledge that I was indeed going to have a nooboo, I couldn't hold in my excitement.  Goopy was in the shower, getting ready for his shift at the hospital, and I barged right in and knocked on the glass.

"Goop!  Get out here!  It's important!"

"Hey, baby.  Is that a new nightgown?"

Once he finally dragged himself out of the shower, I told him.  To say he was excited would be a drastic understatement.

Mom and Dad were out on one of their dates, so I'd have to wait until later to tell them.  I think they were comforting each other quite a lot over the loss of Carlotta.

Uncle Ed was comforting himself the best way he knew how.

We've been saving up quite a lot of money for the eventual rebuild of the house, but until we're ready for that to happen, we decided that Ophelia and I would switch rooms.  She and Emmett would sleep in the lime green room, and we'd renovate my old bedroom into a master suite/nursery hybrid.

I grew bigger by the day.

When I was finally far enough in my pregnancy, I asked Goopy to find out the gender.  He is a gene therapist, after all. 

Well, guess what!  It's a girl!  Mom was thrilled.

She put her soft, warm hand on my belly.  The hand that has penned so many masterpieces, she's a walking legend, and she looked up into my eyes with so much love.  "It's the three of us, pea," she said.  "Now and forever."

Ophelia is really excited too.  She listens for to my tummy and pretends to hear the baby plotting its own supermax.

And I know she's wishing for one of her own.

She's kept me well fed, though.  Pancakes and spaghetti and homemade ice cream as I get more and more humongous.  She's a great friend.

As I suppose is predictable, I went into labor at the easel, on a full moon.  I seem to have shocked Uncle Ed into some form of catatonia. 

I ran to my mom.  I wanted to be with her.  I wanted to be as strong as she'd been, and I wanted my daughter to be born in the same room I was born in.  The pain was nearly unbearable, and we didn't talk, but Mom stood by me, waiting it out.

When the sparkles came, and my daughter appeared in my arms, it was the happiest I've been this side of my snowcapped wedding. 

Hello, Rosetta Classic.  You're going to do great things.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Death and the Maiden
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2013, 12:05:23 AM »
Welcome, sweet Rosetta! You are Goopy and Mona's child, therefore you have no choice but to be stunningly gorgeous when you grow up. :)

A beautiful update. Sweet and bittersweet all at the same time, rife with raw emotion. It was sad to lose Carlotta...but if I'm right, wasn't the house full up until that point with Emmett moving in?