Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 196921 times)

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2010, 11:33:04 AM »
Woo! I can't belive I got it right, I've only seen the symbol once, and it was 2 years ago, on the show.  :o

Anyway, my new avatar is a fennec fox, which has a funny story attached. When I went to the Seattle Zoo, my mother and I went into a gift shop and were looking at stuffed animals. She held up one and said 'What do you think of this one?'
'Eh, it's a cute fennec fox, but no thanks.'
'...Did you read the lable?'
'No, why?'
She kept shaking her head the entire time we were in the store.  :P
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2010, 12:10:30 PM »
You're spot-on ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laughing_Man_(Ghost_in_the_Shell)

Hmmm...Not sure why, but my link isn't working. Anyway, just Google Laughing Man Ghost in the Shell and you'll see the wiki piece at the top I was trying to link.

Metro, you're link isn't working because you don't have the second bracket as part of the link, without, wikipedia doesn't recognize the page.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2010, 01:27:58 PM »
Hi5 TollingBells!  :)

Carl's avatar looks like the Laughing Man symbol from Ghost in the Shell. I was just wondering if it was.

I was pretty sure Metro-Man's avatar picture was a Zerg Hydralisk looking very grumpy. I've got a DVD of a version of Ghost in the Shell around here somewhere, I didn't / don't recall the "laughing man." But I know there are several versions of Ghost, several iterations too.

<scribbles a note on his list of things to check out>

-- Happytime

Leto85

« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2010, 04:35:36 PM »
Hi happytime,

I'm pretty sure Metroman has mentionend somewhere here that his avatar came from a game or something. I can be wrong, but I thought I recognised it to.
He also told us that he chooses that avatar because it was very 'family friendly', something I find secretly pretty funny. :P

Anyway, I haven't find any forum rule that says animated avatars are forbidden for us members so I was thinking of choosing my own to, once I find out how to make it.
Moderators, this is the time to stop me! Once I've made the avatar, it is to late! ;)

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2010, 05:34:12 PM »
Heya Leto!  :)

Yeah, reading back over the thread ... it's not like TollingBells didn't say "CARL." <slaps head>

Well, now I can't think of what Carl's ava-picture looks like, so I'll just hush.

-- Happytime

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2010, 05:46:56 PM »
Anyway, I haven't find any forum rule that says animated avatars are forbidden for us members so I was thinking of choosing my own to, once I find out how to make it.
Moderators, this is the time to stop me! Once I've made the avatar, it is to late! ;)
Ha, ha. Metro has it and he's an admin, so that decision goes way over my head! :D I'd say go for it before Pam wants to officially change the forum rules. ;D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2011, 03:57:07 AM »
My username is my name and birthday

Bde= Barbie D_____ E_____

1225= My birthday December 25th

The picture I use is a picture of me taken by a real life mixologist. :o

[Edit:  I removed your middle and last names, plus the year of your birth.  It's risky to put that information on a public forum, so I removed it for your own protection.  -Pam]

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2011, 04:27:10 AM »
My username is my name and birthday

Bde= Barbie Denise Euell

1225= My birthday December 25th 1982

The picture I use is a picture of me taken by a real life mixologist. :o

I was always wondering if it was you indeed in the picture. But I didn't dare to ask.
Am I afraid to talk to pretty woman?
Naa, just kidding! :P

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2011, 05:11:06 AM »
Tis is a really interesting topic!
My name is actually Ruby, so yeah.  And I do love the Sims, so yeah, again. ::)
But feel free to just call me Ruby :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2011, 12:19:29 PM »
I had a great dane named Faith back in the age of AOL, when I created my first "username."

Its one of multiple user names I cycle through, and I thought it suitable for here, lol.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2011, 05:53:01 PM »
Mine... is pretty obvious. My first name is Nate, which one day I realized was N8 (Just add an n sound to eight and you get neight or nate.) The gr8 part was just because I decided if I used an 8, why not use 2 abbreviated things? Also, I am n8thegr8/n9tehgr8 in various other things.

Choccolatee

« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2011, 09:24:36 PM »
Mine's pretty obvious; I LOVE CHOCOLATE. ;D

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2011, 12:51:43 AM »
I've enjoyed reading down through this thread and really chuckled about Pam's profile name.  (So easily amused   ::) )

I have a cousin with Downs Syndrome and he has always called me Ghee.  (Guh-eeee / as in clarified butter.)  It's not my name and doesn't rhyme with my name but it stuck.

The 'z' got added when I couldn't register as plain 'Ghee'.  I quite like the odd possessive (very lolcat) but realise that it makes me sound more male (geezer), especially with a male avatar, and I'm not.

May do something about the avatar... one day.

Gheez aka Lynn

Leto85

« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2011, 04:24:27 AM »
@Gheez. So the profile name Ghee was already taken I asume? I don't remember a member with that name thoug.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2011, 07:42:46 PM »
@Gheez. So the profile name Ghee was already taken I asume? I don't remember a member with that name thoug.

Not on here, Leto, it was when I first tried joining the EA site that it wouldn't accept just plain Ghee. It just seemed simpler to keep the z after that.   :)

(Actually, it makes no sense as when you search for a Ghee on EA there is one but, apparently, I was a member before them.  Sighs, suppose it just goes to show that I'm losing my marbles.)  :P