Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 198870 times)

Offline kindofagirl

• Townie
  • Hanson fan since 1997.
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2011, 02:12:10 AM »
My favourite band is Hanson and has been since they first came out in 1997.

Taylor from Hanson has a side band called Tinted Windows (other members are from smashing pumpkins, cheap trick and fountains of wayne) their first single was Kind Of A Girl
Sims 3 newbie

Leto85

« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2011, 03:17:41 AM »
My favourite band is Hanson and has been since they first came out in 1997.

Taylor from Hanson has a side band called Tinted Windows (other members are from smashing pumpkins, cheap trick and fountains of wayne) their first single was Kind Of A Girl

Since 1997. Wow! I remember that number Mmmbob, if I pronounce that correctly. I find it really awesome, and I still do actually. Is that band still together actually? I haven't heard much of them since that hit.
Haha, good old times. I was just 11.
And where did your nickname kindofagirl from? You know, we have to stay on topic. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kindofagirl

• Townie
  • Hanson fan since 1997.
« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2011, 02:40:19 AM »
Since 1997. Wow! I remember that number Mmmbob, if I pronounce that correctly. I find it really awesome, and I still do actually. Is that band still together actually? I haven't heard much of them since that hit.
Haha, good old times. I was just 11.
And where did your nickname kindofagirl from? You know, we have to stay on topic. ;)

I said in my original post haha, Taylor from hanson has another band and In that band the or first single was called kind of a girl, hence my username kindofagirl  ;)

Yup still going strong, they just released their 5th album, and just did 5 gigs in a row in london, they are coming back in november for a uk tour (ps it's mmmbop lol)

Ps check out their new singles give a little and thinking about something xx
Sims 3 newbie

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2011, 05:13:58 AM »
I am Fez and I am a freak. :P

My name is not really Fez, though. My real name is something quite tricky to pronounce (well, my friends thought so) so they decided to rename me. They got a baby's name book and flipped to a random page, which was in the boy's section. It landed on Kevin. From then on I was Kevin. I did not like this. Not one bit, so while browsing the X Factor Facebook page I came across this poll about what Matt Cardle's hat should be called (Matt Cardle is the winner of the last X Factor series. Oh, and the X Factor is a singing contest in the UK.). One of the options was Fez, and I instantly took it. And yes, I know a Fez is an actual hat. It is a crazy and strange hat, and I am also crazy and strange. So there. :P
The Freak bit comes from a name I used to be called at school all the time, simply because I was different, but I have now embraced my inner freak and am proud of being one and being different.  

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2011, 05:21:54 AM »
I always thought you took your name from Fez on That 70s Show.  Haha!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #215 on: June 25, 2011, 05:26:54 AM »
Nope. Haha, it is actually what my friends call me. I never even knew there was a character or had heard of the show at all until recently, only that there was a hat called Fez.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #216 on: June 25, 2011, 05:34:10 AM »
My name is as unimaginative and boring as cardboard.
Sophie98. I think anyone would know that my name is Sophie and I was born in 1998. I was going to be SophieClara, Clara being my other given name and my great-grandmother's Christian name, but I decided against it. And I've had some awful nicknames. My family call me 'Diddy' because before we could talk properly, my twin brother called me 'Didore' instead of 'Sister'. 13 years later, it's been shortened to Diddy. The worst part is, I now answer to it. Ugh. :-[
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline beccaboo105

• Townie
« Reply #217 on: June 25, 2011, 06:04:39 AM »
My name is as unimaginative and boring as cardboard.
Sophie98. I think anyone would know that my name is Sophie and I was born in 1998. I was going to be SophieClara, Clara being my other given name and my great-grandmother's Christian name, but I decided against it. And I've had some awful nicknames. My family call me 'Diddy' because before we could talk properly, my twin brother called me 'Didore' instead of 'Sister'. 13 years later, it's been shortened to Diddy. The worst part is, I now answer to it. Ugh. :-[

Don't worry about it, I get called all sorts of things by my parents and my little sisters, who are 4  :D and my friends too, my best friend has even made up a song all to do with becciboo (yeah no-one calls me beccaboo, that was a random decision made by me), her song is veryy embarrassing...this person is not little, she's 13  :D
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney~

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #218 on: June 25, 2011, 09:46:17 AM »
I got my name from well shortening me name Jennifer and the numbers are my birthday date(UK way) 29 December

VampirePlasma

« Reply #219 on: June 25, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »
I like vampires and TS3 vamps drink plasma. Simple  ;D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #220 on: June 25, 2011, 11:36:01 AM »
Lol, all vampires drink plasma, not just TS3 ones. Vampries drink blood and plasma is the liquid that blood is made out of. ;)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #221 on: June 25, 2011, 12:55:28 PM »
Well humm let's see. I think I have two names on here but I believe everyone sees PlatnumDymond. When I first joined I used fluentsimish as my name because back in my Sims 2 days when I got over excited or angry I would start saying random things in simmish. But then I kicked myself because I don't need to have different names to try to remember for my Sims activities. I think that website that we do our signature generators is fluentsimmish but I never spell it right so I that becomes annoying. And I don't know how to change the username but at least I could change my forum name.

The PlatnumDymnd is from my Sims 3 site. And it couldn't be farther from sim relevance. And hard to explain in a rated G environment. Basically it's kind of my own word for Fabulous. I am one of a kind type of person, not your typical accountant/ mom/ nerd. And since I seem to be the one in my family who does everything opposite of the rest, I consider myself a diamond in the rough. Hence PlatnumDymnd. Some of my other login sites may just have platnum or dymond, my Facebook is a whole different spin, but my Sims sites are both together.

Leto85

« Reply #222 on: June 26, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »
The Freak bit comes from a name I used to be called at school all the time, simply because I was different, but I have now embraced my inner freak and am proud of being one and being different.  

Just the fact you may be different (which I can not confirm or denine as I don't know you in real life) doesn't mean you are a freak on default. You've already told me on FB what's made you different and well, if that's all you're not a freak at all. Don't let the other kids tell you what you are like they know it. They are just kids. And I'm glad you've accepted yourself as you are. That's one really big step in the right direction. ;)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2011, 05:56:10 AM »
Thank you, Leto. :)

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2011, 02:02:55 PM »
That's so sweet, Leto.
And Fez, I've been considered a 'freak' before too. But now I'm rolling with the fact that everyone else is weird and I'm the normal one. :)
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1