Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 198568 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #285 on: August 30, 2011, 04:17:10 AM »
Simple yet effective. I've used the same nickname buildup, say it without the initial.

I more or less did that. Sans birthyear. At the time, I was so protective I didn't even mention my country until I was sure I could trust everybody. So after I read, maybe, 4 posts. :D

ElizaDaye

« Reply #286 on: August 30, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »
I just didn't do that for privacy reasons. Well, my dad wouldnt let me.

Your dad's a smart guy, Sportsfan! I never use any variation of my real name because it's so unusual. If I was a Sara or a Jessica or something, no problem, but there aren't many people with my name ... makes privacy/security an issue. Not to mention I try to limit my search-ability online due to an unpleasant stalker issue. :/ Judge made the protection order good for five years, so he can't contact or harass me anymore, but I know he still Googles me and I'd like to keep it so he knows as little about me as possible. Which also means I can't use real photos of myself on Facebook, which is slightly annoying to my friends, but oh well, they can deal with it. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2011, 10:31:46 PM »
I have a similar issue - Apprehensive Voilence Order against my ex. It expired long since, but I still maintain a high level of privacy online as much as possible.

Sportsfan

« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2011, 10:37:00 PM »
I more or less did that. Sans birthyear. At the time, I was so protective I didn't even mention my country until I was sure I could trust everybody. So after I read, maybe, 4 posts. :D
Umm… what? Your real name isn't Seabody i assume. What are you talking about?

Leto85

« Reply #289 on: August 31, 2011, 03:42:34 AM »
I just didn't do that for privacy reasons. Well, my dad wouldnt let me.

Your dad loves you! That's for sure. :D
Otherwise he wouldn't be that protective. And I find that a good thing. I don't know what's your real name but Sportsfan sound good to me. It describes our similar trait: being athletic. ;)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2011, 03:44:42 AM »
Umm… what? Your real name isn't Seabody i assume. What are you talking about?

My RL name involves letters in the word "Seabody".

Leto85

« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2011, 03:50:16 AM »
@ElizaDayne and Chuckles_82: I've both send you an email about the subject you where talking about. I hope it can help you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #292 on: August 31, 2011, 06:01:46 AM »
As long as I don't give out my surname or address, or contact details, my mum is happy. My name, Sophie, is very common in the UK, though. There don't seem to be many in the US, or at least Florida, at least I couldn't find anything with my name on it.
I'm not so fond of my name, which is why I double-barrel it with my middle name on Facebook, so I'm Sophie-Clara surname. But the other name my parents were considering was Savannah, which is pretty but unusual. The only Savannah I ever encountered was a zebra on Animal Crossing.
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #293 on: August 31, 2011, 07:19:46 AM »
 :D  It may not be popular in the U.S. yet, but give it a few years.  Sophia was the #1 name for newborn girls in 2010.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #294 on: August 31, 2011, 07:25:50 AM »
The name Sophia exists in the UK as well, it's the alternative, seeing as they're the same meaning. Philosophia is Greek for wisdom. I love learning the meanings of names.

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #295 on: August 31, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »
I agree with you about learning the meaning of names, too!  I love naming things, so I love big family challenges where I get to name lots of kids.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #296 on: August 31, 2011, 10:54:24 AM »
If I have a daughter, I plan on naming her Lauren. I don't know what I means, but I know I like it and that the actress who played Jenny on NCIS was named Lauren Holly.

Leto85

« Reply #297 on: August 31, 2011, 02:23:31 PM »
Guys, please stay on topic. This thread is about your profile names, and their meaning. Not the meaning of other names.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #298 on: September 05, 2011, 02:34:48 AM »
My username is incredibly creative and original... My first and middle names stuck together. I was feeling kind of lazy when I signed up ::)

That's okay Amy, mine is also my first and middle name stuck together, only I have an emoticon at the end.  ;D

plumbbobparadise

« Reply #299 on: September 05, 2011, 09:14:42 AM »
A plumbbob is what is over a Sim's head as they're being 'selected' to play.  Paradise is, well, the enjoyment I sometimes get while playing the game.   ;D