Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 196879 times)

Offline sosobaggins

• Townie
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #330 on: October 05, 2011, 03:59:44 PM »
since my name is soraya alot of people tend to shorten it to So, Sos or Soso. the Soso stuck with me and the baggins came after watching The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, when Frodo and the gang where in the bar/tavern and  i cant remember which one of the hobbits ...but he called out "i know a Baggins, Frodo Baggins", i just really liked phrase and kept repeating over and over, til my then boyfriend added Soso to Baggins, hence the name sosobaggins....takes a breathe...lol

Avenger0000

« Reply #331 on: October 28, 2011, 08:40:51 AM »
Well... I was 14, when I came by a short story for school. It was about a superhero, a ninja-trained fellow with cybernetic self-implanted enhancements, who, in a dystopic future, fight against a megalomaniac CEO of a great corporation for personal revenge and for the freedom of his (now oppressed under the megacorp) city. He, like almost every hero, (on second thoughts, he was really a anti-hero, because he was dark in many ways), adopted a secret identity, know only as The Avenger Warrior, or simply Avenger. That character, was my favorite of all times, and thats is where my nick-name comes from. The '0000' is from my second and most lasting e-mail.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Avenger0000

« Reply #332 on: October 28, 2011, 08:48:09 AM »
To start with mine: Leto came from the book Dune. I know there is also a Jared Leto (who is named after me Tongue) and a female Leto person in the Greek mythologie, but originally Leto came from Dune. 85 is the year I was born. 1985, for in case someone wanted to know that more precise.

When I first read your name, the only thing that came to my mind was: "Duke Leto Atreides". One of the best or the best character from the book Dune (IMHO).

Leto85

« Reply #333 on: October 28, 2011, 11:59:25 AM »
When I first read your name, the only thing that came to my mind was: "Duke Leto Atreides". One of the best or the best character from the book Dune (IMHO).

I've never read the book. But I've heard Leto was a king in that story. Never thought it to be a middle name.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #334 on: October 28, 2011, 12:01:53 PM »
You should really read the book or watch one of the movies to have a good view of the character.  He was awesome.

My name is because my cousins stopped calling me Erica and started calling me Rica.   It then became a thing to add my middle name and Ricalynn was born.  It just rolls off the tongue to the point that most of my family will call me that.  When they actually use the E and say the middle name that's when I know I'm in trouble.  ;D
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #335 on: October 28, 2011, 01:11:54 PM »
I've never read the book. But I've heard Leto was a king in that story. Never thought it to be a middle name.

Duke is his title, not name, so Leto is still the first name. His grandson is also named Leto, and his title was God-king, so that may be where you got that.

As for my name, it's my character from Lord of the Rings Online. ;)

Leto85

« Reply #336 on: October 28, 2011, 06:39:58 PM »
Duke is his title, not name, so Leto is still the first name. His grandson is also named Leto, and his title was God-king, so that may be where you got that.

As for my name, it's my character from Lord of the Rings Online. ;)

Nice nickname. It sure sound like a character from LOTR.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Miracle2

« Reply #337 on: October 29, 2011, 03:18:23 AM »
My username miracle are from my personal experience and when the time I got this brain tumorjavascript:void(0); at aged 16 ; the doctor told that i was going to die but apparently his predictions and estimation was wrong somehow my sickness miraculously heal .

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #338 on: October 29, 2011, 08:01:44 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Miracle! I'm very glad that you recovered.

loveSims

« Reply #339 on: October 29, 2011, 08:44:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum Miracle! Glad you're ok.

Leto85

« Reply #340 on: October 30, 2011, 07:04:41 AM »
My username miracle are from my personal experience and when the time I got this brain tumorjavascript:void(0); at aged 16 ; the doctor told that i was going to die but apparently his predictions and estimation was wrong somehow my sickness miraculously heal .

Welcome to the forum Miracle. A good thing is doctors aren't always right. :)
I like the pictures in your signature.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #341 on: October 30, 2011, 10:07:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum Miracle! So happy the doctor's were wrong!

Miracle2

« Reply #342 on: October 30, 2011, 10:36:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum Miracle. A good thing is doctors aren't always right. :)
I like the pictures in your signature.
Thank you for welcoming me to the forum and to other as well. thank you again for liking the picture in my signature it's my simself.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #343 on: October 30, 2011, 10:20:36 PM »
You look so beautiful in your avatar! You look just like Snow White with the dark hair deep brown eyes and pale alabaster skin!  :)

Miracle2

« Reply #344 on: October 31, 2011, 12:56:06 AM »
You look so beautiful in your avatar! You look just like Snow White with the dark hair deep brown eyes and pale alabaster skin!  :)
In reality I really look like that(I'm mix bloodline) and do spent my live in misery because no one like me including my relative, they with look at you with envious heart :'((happen only in my country) that  reason why sign up to this community.
Anyway I believe  you are beautiful in your real life as well and nice to know you :)