Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 199137 times)

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »
There are a lot of us from the US and European countries, Pielord. We won't bite, I promise. ;) But South Africa, really? I envy you. I want to visit Africa someday.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2010, 08:41:34 PM »
I'm afraid that my forum name is as interesting as Pam and Lisbeth's, 1st name Helen, surname Poxon hence HelenP.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2010, 10:43:37 PM »
I'm afraid that my forum name is as interesting as Pam and Lisbeth's, 1st name Helen, surname Poxon hence HelenP.  :)

Still, I like how your name sounds. It's very nice, and being simple is good too. ;)
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2010, 11:19:09 PM »
My name is Melissa and my husband started calling me Missa as a nickname, and it stuck :) Usually I have to add stuff to it, I was glad it was available here!

bshag

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2010, 01:36:09 PM »
Many years ago, my dad gave my sister and I crazy names, Bolivar Shagnasty and Cedric Weehunt...I forgot which one was mine and which one was salty's, but I've used bshag for lots of years on forums, sims 2 and 3...shortened verison of bolivar shagnasty.  Since our dad passed away in 2007, these names have meant a lot more to us.

My favorite group is Queen and when Freddy Mercury died it truly upset me.  I'm glad the surviving members didn't try to replace him.  He was an amazing artist and a true showman.

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2010, 04:41:27 PM »
Hi all! My profile name alyssa.cole looks like it should be a simple explanation, but really comes from a funny story.

When I first moved in to a place with some of my old housemates, one of the previous tenants had left behind a discount card for the local grocery store. I started using it to save a few cents here and there, (apparently I should have the Frugal trait), and as I was leaving the store one day the cashier used the name registered to the card and said, "Thank you Ms. Cole, have a nice day." At first I was confused, but quickly realized what had happened.

My real last name is a hyphenated mess of my mom's last name and my dad's last name that never fits onto anything; it's always spelled incorrectly and mispronounced. So being addressed with a short, simple name was a new and pleasant experience for me. Ever since, I've been using it to make things less confusing!

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2010, 05:00:07 PM »

Hi all! My profile name alyssa.cole looks like it should be a simple explanation, but really comes from a funny story.

When I first moved in to a place with some of my old housemates, one of the previous tenants had left behind a discount card for the local grocery store. I started using it to save a few cents here and there, (apparently I should have the Frugal trait), and as I was leaving the store one day the cashier used the name registered to the card and said, "Thank you Ms. Cole, have a nice day." At first I was confused, but quickly realized what had happened.

My real last name is a hyphenated mess of my mom's last name and my dad's last name that never fits onto anything; it's always spelled incorrectly and mispronounced. So being addressed with a short, simple name was a new and pleasant experience for me. Ever since, I've been using it to make things less confusing!
So Alyssa is your real first name? My real first name is Alisha (pronounced as it looks a-LISH-a)!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2010, 07:33:14 PM »
So Alyssa is your real first name? My real first name is Alisha (pronounced as it looks a-LISH-a)!

Yes, I'm Alyssa. There are so many different variations of near and similarly spelled names like ours! I have a friend who pronounces hers the same as yours, but spells it Alicia, so people are often confused. Thankfully mine ends up being pretty straightforward (and the first part of my forum name is not very creative!).

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2010, 09:01:59 PM »
Forgot to mention, my avatar is homsar from homestarrunner.com. Hence the text under the picture, he's always spouting random nonsense. My previous avatar was the Rain Card from Cardcaptor Sakura.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2010, 09:40:58 PM »
Yes, I'm Alyssa. There are so many different variations of near and similarly spelled names like ours! I have a friend who pronounces hers the same as yours, but spells it Alicia, so people are often confused. Thankfully mine ends up being pretty straightforward (and the first part of my forum name is not very creative!).
Any relation to Alyssa Milano?  ;D

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2010, 11:54:13 PM »
Any relation to Alyssa Milano?  ;D

Oooh, I wish! :)

pencilman7

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2010, 02:34:18 PM »
First Post, he he.  Anyway, I tend to take a lot of notes in classes and just like to write down ideas, but I can be rather unlucky when it comes to breaking stuff and therefore I always have the need to carry around an abundance of pencils.  So, yea, that's about it

Also Rise against is my favorite band so it's my avvy.

Archer0

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2010, 03:09:39 PM »
I've been using Archer as a screen name or profile name for a looong time.  If memory serves, I originally took it from a character in the Tom Clancy novel Cardinal of the Kremlin.  Once the internet came around and started getting popular back in the 90's, lots of people were using it. When the name was already taken, a website would suggest Archer1, or Archer2, etc.  That worked for awhile but then I did not want to be Archer485749393.  :)  So I started using Archer0 and it's worked every time as a choice.

My avatar is a pic of Statler and Waldorf from The Muppets!  I'll also occasionally use The Whammy guy from the old TV game show Press Your Luck.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »
I knew a dog named Sydney, and 511 is my birth date. May 11th.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2010, 05:01:49 PM »
Joria, or Joriah, is my username in the mmorpg I play called Fiesta.  I love being Joria there and would choose that name as my real life name if I could.  I made it up myself.  Joria is a work in progress heroine in a book I'm writing.  Player was added because pretty much my life revolves around playing in one form or another.  If you turn a chore into play it is no longer a chore.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery