Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 199383 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2011, 06:41:52 PM »
My username was a name I used to use a lot in stories I wrote. I think it came from Aud, the Orginial name of Anya, from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." I have absolutely no idea where the "ren" came from.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2011, 06:46:19 PM »
My profile name comes from the character I've played in various MMORPGs (Massively Multi-Player Online Role-Playing Games) over the past 10 years.

One day I rolled a new character and the different meanings and pronounciations of the name fit her perfectly, so I named her Phyre. I liked the character (RP) and the name so much that I stayed with it throughout different games. Eventually Phyre also became my online name outside those MMORPGs game forums and hence my profile name here as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2011, 08:11:36 PM »
My username says it all. I love cats! Big ones and little ones! I love all animals, but there's just something about the kitty's. My kitty is a black cat name Bagheera, named after the black panther on Disney's, "The Jungle Book".

I am working on a Avatar picture, hmmm...wonder what it will be? hehe

Offline beccaboo105

• Townie
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2011, 07:30:55 AM »
Mine is because my name is Becci, so that's the Beccaboo bit and the 105 is because my local radio station is at 105fm, so I thought it was kind of fitting. My email is practically the same so thats why I still have Beccaboo, I made it when I was 10 or 11 so it does sound kind of childish... :D
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney~

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2011, 02:40:04 PM »
It's also a flower. I grew some for my Nanna for her Birthday last year. She didn't water them though...  :-X
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2011, 01:09:52 AM »
Mine is simple. My first name Jeana (it's pronounced Jean-a) and my middle name Marie meshed together plus an x3. Plain and simple.  ;D

Plus the fact that I keep my last name a secret among social networking websites, including Facebook, and simply use my middle name Marie as my last name, like Lea Michele or Zelda Mae.

dimitra greek

« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2011, 02:38:13 PM »
My real name is Dimitra. Dimitra is a greek name ( The english version is Demeter, I think). I don't need to explain the "greek" , do I? ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »
My real name is Dimitra. Dimitra is a greek name ( The english version is Demeter, I think). I don't need to explain the "greek" , do I? ;D

If you don't mind, please do. My name also is Greek and from the ones I've heard I like the background stories. They are often very interesting. Especially the ones that came straight from mythology.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »
I THINK he means that he doesn't need to explain the word "greek" in his username, since he already said that "Dimitra" is Greek.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2011, 06:34:29 PM »
Every now and then, an idea just hits me.  That's what happened when I decided to join these forums.  I didn't really think about it -- the name called me.

A "symposium" is a large meeting or gathering.  According to my little MW Pocket Dictionary, it is a "conference at which a topic is discussed".  I figured these forums qualified as a large gathering at which The Sims was discussed.  Thus, Sim Posey Yum!

((I also considered Sympathetic but it didn't quite convey what I was going for when I split it apart  ;D))

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2011, 06:38:20 PM »
Mine is simple. My first name Jeana (it's pronounced Jean-a) and my middle name Marie meshed together plus an x3. Plain and simple.  ;D
By x3, do you mean "Times 3", or the emoticon?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2011, 06:39:13 PM »
I've been using this name for about 6 years. All I pretty much did was take my name and add 3000 to it because it sounded cool  :D.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #192 on: June 02, 2011, 12:33:23 PM »
By x3, do you mean "Times 3", or the emoticon?

x3 is the emoticon.  8)

Offline SimPenguin

• Townie
« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2011, 02:10:49 PM »
It's pretty straight forward (in this crowd, at least).  I've loved Penguins since I was little and it's been a nickname off and on through my life.  The first thing I ever did with my first computer in 1993 was play SimCity, even before going online.  So when I needed my first online handle, it make sense to add the two together.  Especially to represent my virtual self.   ;)

Offline Harpua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2011, 07:09:13 PM »
Phish. Wish I could find the Sugarbush one, but this is a pretty good version:

[Link removed for profanity in the comments.  -Pam]