Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3026517 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2505 on: May 22, 2011, 10:50:59 PM »
Pardon?  I feel like there's something I'm missing here.  A bunch of posts over the last few pages have been about peoples' excitement regarding another Dynasty challenge.  I don't think I understand your point, Pam.  Please enlighten me.

My point is that you guys are speculating all of this based on something Chronic said, not Metro.  Metro didn't say anything about a new dynasty.  All he did was let slip a teaser.  And he's still not telling.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2506 on: May 22, 2011, 10:56:06 PM »
Well, I wrote what I've read in a few other threads. Metro certainly said that there will be a second challenge this year. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2507 on: May 22, 2011, 11:28:07 PM »
Well, I wrote what I've read in a few other threads. Metro certainly said that there will be a second challenge this year. ;)

Yes, that's what you wrote.  I'm just pointing out that Metro didn't say it anywhere in this flurry of recent posts.  It's because of your post that everyone is carrying on about a new dynasty.  It didn't come from anyone in authority on this Forum.  What if Metro's teaser was about something else and he's just letting y'all think what you want?  You have to watch that one.  He's a sneaky one sometimes.  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #2508 on: May 22, 2011, 11:47:21 PM »
Wow, I hate it when that happens!! We get all excited for nothing. But I remember a few months ago a thread being locked about speculations of a new EP named Generations. How odd it's coming out in 9 days haha. So I think it will be funny if it really is a second Dynasty lol. ;D

Yes, that's what you wrote.  I'm just pointing out that Metro didn't say it anywhere in this flurry of recent posts.  It's because of your post that everyone is carrying on about a new dynasty.  It didn't come from anyone in authority on this Forum.  What if Metro's teaser was about something else and he's just letting y'all think what you want?  You have to watch that one.  He's a sneaky one sometimes.  ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2509 on: May 22, 2011, 11:49:44 PM »
Actually, I lean more towards the idea of it being true - but, since I haven't even finished the first challenge, I won't be angry/ready to hit with big sticks if it is wrong info. I am *just* looking forward to it. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2510 on: May 23, 2011, 12:01:16 AM »
Wow, I hate it when that happens!! We get all excited for nothing. But I remember a few months ago a thread being locked about speculations of a new EP named Generations. How odd it's coming out in 9 days haha. So I think it will be funny if it really is a second Dynasty lol. ;D

Yeah, that thread was getting way out of control.  At the time, we didn't know if it was real or a hoax.  So, we shut it down until we knew for sure one way or another.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2511 on: May 23, 2011, 12:05:40 AM »

Yes... but of course, you looked around and whistled innocently!
Oh Man, a second dynasty challenge!
Metro, do you mean Sunday at forum time or Illinois time? (Since, if I remember correctly, you live in Illinois, if that's what IL means)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #2512 on: May 23, 2011, 01:14:18 AM »
Tsk tsk tsk. I go away for a couple months and Metro is stirring up trouble.  :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2513 on: May 23, 2011, 01:17:24 AM »
Yes... but of course, you looked around and whistled innocently!

Oh yes, that should definitely seal the theory.  I'm just saying...  nobody in authority has said there's a new dynasty coming.  At least, not this soon.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2514 on: May 23, 2011, 01:49:33 AM »
We all know that a new dynasty is coming... Something involving townies, as Metro said on the Proposed Challenges thread. But what you're saying is that Metro could simply mean that he's releasing a new ruleset for a regular tourney challenge?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2515 on: May 23, 2011, 02:14:29 AM »
Could be a new tournament challenge.  Could be a new dynasty challenge.  Could be something completely different.  He hasn't said anything specific enough in the past day or so on this thread for anyone to know for sure.  I just thought it was interesting that so many jumped on the "new dynasty" band wagon based on something Chronic said, and he was pulling it from memory of a different thread apparently.  Nothing wrong with that, but it's been funny how quickly you guys grabbed it and ran.  This Forum takes on a life of its own sometimes.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2516 on: May 23, 2011, 02:19:19 AM »
I think it's because he said this:

You ain't seen nothin' yet. ;)

In response to what Chronic said, this really does make it seem as if it's a new Dynasty on Sunday, as what would be bigger than a this Dynasty (other than the Dreamweavers)?
*Gasps* What if it's a new type of challenge? Not a Dynasty, not a Tourney Challenge, not a Legacy, not an Apocalypse Challenge... What if it's something new?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2517 on: May 23, 2011, 02:24:59 AM »
Could be a new tournament challenge.  Could be a new dynasty challenge.  Could be something completely different.  He hasn't said anything specific enough in the past day or so on this thread for anyone to know for sure.  I just thought it was interesting that so many jumped on the "new dynasty" band wagon based on something Chronic said, and he was pulling it from memory of a different thread apparently.  Nothing wrong with that, but it's been funny how quickly you guys grabbed it and ran.  This Forum takes on a life of its own sometimes.  :)

Ah I see! Chronic said this Challenge was awesome which it is, then Metro says you ain't seen nothing yet, so that means that Metro thinks he has a better challenge, Hmmmm..., it could be a tournament challenge afterall (I'm terrible at those!).  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2518 on: May 23, 2011, 02:46:24 AM »
Search Bar reveals much to an eager Dynasty Fan -

A whole Dynasty revolved around vampires? Not likely because remember—these Dynasties need to be able to be accomplished with just the base game. The next Dynasty challenge will be based on townies. That much I know. I'll probably unveil it end of summer/beginning of fall. It's important that Tournament players have finished the majority of the season when I unveil a Dynasty as to avoid too much conflict of interest.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2519 on: May 23, 2011, 02:53:30 AM »
Metro,have you ever considered setting a challenge where you have to use original townies as opposed to creating our own Sims.

Rachel

"Indeed I have Rachel. That's the direction I'm leaning for the next Dynasty Challenge", to take the words from the Metro's mouth.