Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3026531 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2565 on: May 29, 2011, 04:09:15 AM »
Okay so I am on track for Immortal Number 2! He is only a YA, just, and only needs his Best Friends, Life Time Want (Four Skill Points of Photography to go!) and One more Opportunity!

My Generation 3 is Supermaxing Martial Arts and managed to max it in about Four Days in China and has been meditating for four/five days, she has the Timber Terminator Challenge done and has 70 Hours of Meditation, I would say she is on track considering she is only a teen?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2566 on: May 29, 2011, 06:37:35 PM »
With the upcoming expansion coming out in two days,  and with the knowledge that you can use testingcheats to edit a sim in CAS, do we know if using that cheat is offlimits for the dynasty challenges yet?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2567 on: May 29, 2011, 06:38:57 PM »
I wish it would but I doubt it will be, I know for one there is a Certain Steel Gene that needs eradicating in my Dynasty...  8)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #2568 on: May 29, 2011, 06:39:51 PM »
The question in my mind had to do with giving immortals the "youth potion" from the chemistry set - people seem to not really like having their immortals all grey-haired and stooped over, but I know one potential challenge of the first generation or two is making sure you have a stock of Ambrosia to last until you get someone else who can cook it, plus all the ingredients on hand. Will it be permissible for immortals to have the youth potion, or not?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2569 on: May 29, 2011, 06:41:33 PM »
I'm assuming both are out but it's always nice to get a final word.  You know?

P.S. Metro - I've mentioned before that I play wow and this is off topic but I just saw a guild named Mantastic.  Made me think of you and your dynasty!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2570 on: May 29, 2011, 07:19:48 PM »
With the upcoming expansion coming out in two days,  and with the knowledge that you can use testingcheats to edit a sim in CAS, do we know if using that cheat is offlimits for the dynasty challenges yet?

Don't know. I would need more specifics as to what you would be able to do. Are we talking about just appearance stuff? If that's the case, then sure. Thumbs up from me — assuming an Immortal has already eaten Ambrosia. Appearance stuff like tattoos and makeovers are already okay once an Immortal has eaten Ambrosia.

The question in my mind had to do with giving immortals the "youth potion" from the chemistry set - people seem to not really like having their immortals all grey-haired and stooped over, but I know one potential challenge of the first generation or two is making sure you have a stock of Ambrosia to last until you get someone else who can cook it, plus all the ingredients on hand. Will it be permissible for immortals to have the youth potion, or not?

Again, I'd need more info. I certainly don't want a replacement for Ambrosia because that would detract from a huge part of this event — making Ambrosia on a regular basis is part of the whole gig.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #2571 on: May 29, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
Say an Immortal skipped her adulthood. Would it be ok to let her relive it? Example: In my Dynasty, Penny went from YA to Elder over night. Would it be alright to give Penny the potion, letting her relive her adulthood once?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2572 on: May 29, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »
Say an Immortal skipped her adulthood. Would it be ok to let her relive it? Example: In my Dynasty, Penny went from YA to Elder over night. Would it be alright to give Penny the potion, letting her relive her adulthood once?

Definitely. For glitches like that it's fine.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #2573 on: May 29, 2011, 07:47:11 PM »
Awesome! Thanks Metro!!

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #2574 on: May 29, 2011, 09:02:09 PM »
Ok I finally got a change to get on here. It is Sunday here now. Did I miss the surprise everyone is talking about? I still am clueless to what it is being that haven't read through all the 200+ pages. ???

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2575 on: May 29, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »
Platnum - check out the Challenges forum to see the new topic :D

Metro -According to Naga,  It looks like everything in original CAS is available in the cheat CAS so that makes it a no no.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #2576 on: May 29, 2011, 09:20:21 PM »
Ok I finally got a change to get on here. It is Sunday here now. Did I miss the surprise everyone is talking about? I still am clueless to what it is being that haven't read through all the 200+ pages. ???
I'm not going to do the click here thing, just put the clickable link. It's really awesome!! http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,5005.0.html

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #2577 on: May 29, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »
OH you love me.  ;D

Thanks Esther!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2578 on: May 31, 2011, 07:42:16 PM »
There is only one community plot that came with Generations.  It was a big park for the kiddies with all the new stuff in it.  Is it safe to add it ? 

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #2579 on: June 01, 2011, 05:01:56 AM »
Well, the young again potion actually takes them back to YA! I just meant to skip backwards to adult not young adult lol. Whoops.  ;D

anything