Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3026656 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2610 on: June 02, 2011, 03:47:55 AM »
Pam, what do you mean by if it costs less to the Sim? How do we find out how much the furniture would cost regularly to even know if it's cheaper? I mean if it's at a discount or something?

Basically, if a TV set normally costs, say, §100 ingame, and a CC TV costs §1 ingame, then you can call that a modification of the game. The price is shown when you hover over an object in the Build/Buy mode catalouge.
It's the same basic principle of a mod that makes you teleport everywhere (and I don't think such a mod exists) - it gives you an advantage over any Dynasty player, therefore it's illegal in a Dynasty Game.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #2611 on: June 02, 2011, 04:00:02 AM »
Hmm. Ok so if the sofa is rediculously low like that. I understand that. What if it's higher than normal furniture? or right between the regular furniture? Argh I'm to tired to register this info. I don't usually download cheap furniture anyway. I am going to bed now I can't spell correctly. Its time to go to bed.

Gnite fellow Simmers!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2612 on: June 02, 2011, 04:03:27 AM »
Hmm. Ok so if the sofa is rediculously low like that. I understand that. What if it's higher than normal furniture? or right between the regular furniture? Argh I'm to tired to register this info. I don't usually download cheap furniture anyway. I am going to bed now I can't spell correctly. Its time to go to bed.

Gnite fellow Simmers!

That is why the new Generation filters are very helpful. You can sort out to show anything but third party CC so that you won't ruin your Dynasty by buying a 1$ TV set. Appearance factors aka clothes and hair don't have a price, and thus you don't have any advantage when using those. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2613 on: June 02, 2011, 04:06:22 AM »
I do not use mods, but I have a question regarding the "No Mods" rule. (Rules if you count every challenge on this forum).
I understand we are not allowed to use mods. Are we allowed to keep them in our game if we have them (as in, have them installed), or must we uninstall them?
By the way, I mean, if we keep them in our game, but never use them, are they allowed to stay in the game?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2614 on: June 02, 2011, 04:07:51 AM »
I do not use mods, but I have a question regarding the "No Mods" rule. (Rules if you count every challenge on this forum).
I understand we are not allowed to use mods. Are we allowed to keep them in our game if we have them (as in, have them installed), or must we uninstall them?
By the way, I mean, if we keep them in our game, but never use them, are they allowed to stay in the game?

Most mods cannot be left unused. Basically, you cannot avoid using a mod if it is installed. And if you don't have any mods, why are you asking?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2615 on: June 02, 2011, 04:12:10 AM »
I was purely interested. (Basically, I wanted to know because I am considering mods. I don't plan to install them, with the dangers and such. I've just seen some interesting mods out there. I'm not naming them, but there have been some interesting ones. Besides, sometimes guests want questions answered, but can't ask them because they're not a member. Who knows? A guest could've just been asking themselves the exact same question as I have just asked. It happened to me when I was a lurker. I had to wait and hope someone asked my question. Then I joined, and I didn't have to wait anymore. Except waiting for people to see my question and answer it.)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2616 on: June 02, 2011, 04:13:40 AM »
I see. Let's wait for a clarification then. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2617 on: June 02, 2011, 04:27:56 AM »

Gnite fellow Simmers!

You're splitting hairs here.  It doesn't matter if it's lower, higher, or in between priced.  That's way too much to sort out.  If it changes the game in any way, it's banned.

The way I understand it is how Chronic described.  If a mod is installed, it's doing its thing in the game.  I've heard many players comment that they remove mods in order to play the challenges.

I'm not really sure we're suddenly talking about mods being allowed.  They absolutely are not allowed.  The only exception is third party custom content that is for your Sim (hair, clothes, etc.).  We've never allowed discussion of mods, links, or allowed them in challenges in the nearly two years that we've been online.  We really don't need to continue discussing it.  It's not going to change.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2618 on: June 02, 2011, 04:30:16 AM »
Okay Pam. I'll stop the talk about it. *Zips mouth*

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2619 on: June 02, 2011, 04:32:48 AM »
You're splitting hairs here.  It doesn't matter if it's lower, higher, or in between priced.  That's way too much to sort out.  If it changes the game in any way, it's banned.

The way I understand it is how Chronic described.  If a mod is installed, it's doing its thing in the game.  I've heard many players comment that they remove mods in order to play the challenges.

I'm not really sure we're suddenly talking about mods being allowed.  They absolutely are not allowed.  The only exception is third party custom content that is for your Sim (hair, clothes, etc.).  We've never allowed discussion of mods, links, or allowed them in challenges in the nearly two years that we've been online.  We really don't need to continue discussing it.  It's not going to change.

To double-clarify what Pam has said, here is Metro's answer to such a question in the Tournament Roster thread.

Hi :)
I have a question about mods...

Are we allowed the 'no blur' mod?
As far as I know it doesn't change game play in any way.

Thanks
Nora

No, Nora. I really do not want to start making a laundry list of exceptions. I believe you that it does not affect gameplay, but I say yes and then what happens? A million requests — "well mod x does not affect gameplay either", etc. etc.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #2620 on: June 02, 2011, 04:50:03 AM »
Thanks for the answers of the last question, and I have another one. Does your spouse count as a Best friend? :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2621 on: June 02, 2011, 05:05:04 AM »
Thanks for the answers of the last question, and I have another one. Does your spouse count as a Best friend? :)

Yes, if the relationship bar is high enough to be a Best Friend and no other Immortal claims the spouse.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #2622 on: June 02, 2011, 05:12:02 AM »
Thanks Pam  :)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #2623 on: June 02, 2011, 03:49:42 PM »
I have a quick question regarding some new Generations content.
For children and teens, there is an option to send them to boarding school. Is this allowed?
As far as I know, the child is removed from the household from a short period of time until you let them come back home (or until they age up). If you send them to a certain school, they might come back with new skills.
I was considering this, but I need to know if its's allowed.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2624 on: June 02, 2011, 04:11:53 PM »
I have a quick question regarding some new Generations content.
For children and teens, there is an option to send them to boarding school. Is this allowed?
As far as I know, the child is removed from the household from a short period of time until you let them come back home (or until they age up). If you send them to a certain school, they might come back with new skills.
I was considering this, but I need to know if its's allowed.

Unless someone can give me a strong argument not to allow boarding schools in this event, I'd say go ahead.

@Pam, I definitely would like your opinion on this.

I have not done the boarding school option yet, but it would seem to be an easier route for a family — just ship your kids off for some time instead of having to micromanage things at home. That's my only input in this. But, still — is that a strong enough reason to ban them? I don't think so. It's not like playing with dynamic needs vs. static needs.

---------

EDIT: Well, a quick check of the rules and now I am going to have to say a definite no. Why? Because of the rule that no Sim can be moved out of the household for any reason. If boarding school Sims actually leave the household, then that would definitely be a rules violation.