Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3026711 times)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2595 on: June 01, 2011, 09:39:23 PM »
... very freaky because the child-doll follows the real child everywhere - and I mean everywhere.  My girl had to constantly ask the doll to leave the bathroom.  I didn't play them past that as my child grew up and the decadynasty failed  >:(  (she spent so much time playing with the doll she didn't make the honor roll at school.)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #2596 on: June 01, 2011, 11:17:53 PM »
I might be able to answer that.
I heard somewhere that if the relationship bar is high enough, the imaginary friend will stay with your sim as they age. They can also perform romantic interactions with them, so I figure they grow past the child stage.
I hope that helps somehow. :)

I thought you needed to give them a potion to do that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #2597 on: June 01, 2011, 11:35:32 PM »
Ok I'm seeing a lot about potions on here. Are we allowed to use them in the Dynasties? This one and the Deca one? Isn't there one that affects the life stage? Are all allowed but the lifespan ones? I am still trying to catch up on the thread here so if the question was asked already my apologies.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2598 on: June 02, 2011, 12:00:02 AM »
Metro, what's the rules about customized lifespans? In Generations, we can alter the length of every lifespan. Are you going to post how long each life stage must be? Because I'll probably be playing with the sliders when I get my copy. ;) (In an unofficial dynasty attempt, of course)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2599 on: June 02, 2011, 01:05:37 AM »
For now, everyone needs to leave the lifespans on the default settings.  It's got to be consistent throughout the challenge, so I doubt Metro will allow any changes in this area.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2600 on: June 02, 2011, 02:37:04 AM »
Wait. Isn't there the normal lifespan settings besides the new additions?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2601 on: June 02, 2011, 02:41:03 AM »
Yes, there is. I was asking if I should be careful when adjusting the settings for my other games besides the dynasty. Does it matter if I accidentally leave the lifespan on 1 day too long or too short? (Probably yes to make sure everyone's "in the same boat", but I'd like to be sure).
I just re-read my previous post. It didn't really convey what I meant.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2602 on: June 02, 2011, 03:00:35 AM »
I have a question: is any and all third party CC allowed? I.e. both household items/furniture and things that change Sim's appearance? This also regards the DecaDynasty. Please help me. Thanks.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #2603 on: June 02, 2011, 03:03:23 AM »
Chronic I believe there's a part in the rules that says custom content is not considered a Mod, but to use it with discretion. I'm not sure about on these rules, but I know I saw it on the DecaDynasty rules.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2604 on: June 02, 2011, 03:07:10 AM »
Chronic I believe there's a part in the rules that says custom content is not considered a Mod, but to use it with discretion. I'm not sure about on these rules, but I know I saw it on the DecaDynasty rules.

I was sure it included all objects, but one of our members suggested that furniture and such won't be allowed in an official attempt, since a CC TV set may cost 5$ while in reality the TV sets begin at 300$. ???

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2605 on: June 02, 2011, 03:10:50 AM »
I have a question: is any and all third party CC allowed? I.e. both household items/furniture and things that change Sim's appearance? This also regards the DecaDynasty. Please help me. Thanks.

This is from the Rules on page 1, Setting Up Your Dynasty Game:

3rd party Custom Content that alters appearance such as skin tone or hairstyles, etc. is not considered a modification of the game and can be used at the player's own risk.

As for furniture and other items, if it changes the game play in any way or gives any advantage to your game, it's not allowed.  As Chronic mentioned, if the CC costs less to the player, or anything else at all, it's considered a modification to the game and is banned.

Does it matter if I accidentally leave the lifespan on 1 day too long or too short? (Probably yes to make sure everyone's "in the same boat", but I'd like to be sure).

Yes, it matters.  Don't do it.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2606 on: June 02, 2011, 03:12:43 AM »
Very well. Thanks Pam. Then I'll use furniture CC only in my unofficial dynasty. :)

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #2607 on: June 02, 2011, 03:23:15 AM »
I was asking if I should be careful when adjusting the settings for my other games besides the dynasty
If I was a Sim, Absent-Minded would be one of my trait. To prevent any stupid move on my side, here's what I do:

All personal data in the game is stored/saved under [username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims3. I have several 'The Sims3' folders under Electronic arts\. I give them each an additional description: 'The Sims3 - Dynasty', 'The Sims3 - challenges'... Each has its own settings, additional content, depending of what I use this folder for. When I'm ready to launch the game, I just remove the '- additional text' in the name of the folder I want to use. The advantage is that I only have to pay attention once, when I set up the folder. After, I can be as lost in my mind as I want!
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #2608 on: June 02, 2011, 03:27:25 AM »
Pam, what do you mean by if it costs less to the Sim? How do we find out how much the furniture would cost regularly to even know if it's cheaper? I mean if it's at a discount or something?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2609 on: June 02, 2011, 03:37:30 AM »
Pam, what do you mean by if it costs less to the Sim? How do we find out how much the furniture would cost regularly to even know if it's cheaper? I mean if it's at a discount or something?

I won't use third party CC, so I don't know everything about it.  The unknown factors are part of why it's not allowed.  We know pretty much for sure that CC hair and clothing doesn't do anything to the game play, but we don't know about other items in the game.  My interpretation of the rules is that only CC on the Sims themselves is allowed, and even then it's at the player's own risk.  We strongly discourage the use of third party CC because it can cause a lot of damage to your game.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything