Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3026514 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2580 on: June 01, 2011, 05:10:54 AM »
Well, the young again potion actually takes them back to YA! I just meant to skip backwards to adult not young adult lol. Whoops.  ;D

Trigger Age Transition, then! ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #2581 on: June 01, 2011, 05:14:22 AM »
Haha good idea!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2582 on: June 01, 2011, 05:50:21 AM »
There is only one community plot that came with Generations.  It was a big park for the kiddies with all the new stuff in it.  Is it safe to add it ? 

This would require using Edit Town, so no.  You can add the new things to properties that your Dynasty family owns, however, because it doesn't require using Edit Town.

Well, the young again potion actually takes them back to YA! I just meant to skip backwards to adult not young adult lol. Whoops.  ;D

You didn't test this in your real Dynasty, did you?  Except, you're not going for Hall of Fame, so it wouldn't really matter.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #2583 on: June 01, 2011, 06:00:27 AM »
Yes Pam I did. Penny is no longer an elder lol. I seriously thought it would take her back to an adult! Now her daughter is older than her mother!  ::)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #2584 on: June 01, 2011, 02:13:07 PM »
With Generations released now, are we allowed to let our dynasty children have imaginary friends or do we have to lock up the doll that comes in the mail and not use it? 

How about if you don't make them real - is it okay then?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2585 on: June 01, 2011, 02:54:38 PM »
With Generations released now, are we allowed to let our dynasty children have imaginary friends or do we have to lock up the doll that comes in the mail and not use it? 

How about if you don't make them real - is it okay then?

Unless someone can give me a strong argument NOT to allow Imaginary Friends I see no reason to ban them. Would they in any way be breaking any Dynasty rules? I don't think so.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2586 on: June 01, 2011, 03:53:40 PM »
Unless someone can give me a strong argument NOT to allow Imaginary Friends I see no reason to ban them. Would they in any way be breaking any Dynasty rules? I don't think so.

Metro - I view them as a friend that moved in, simply that friend is in child stage. As far as I know, Sims cannot woohoo with them nor they can have Imaginary children. So to say, they are a bit like SimBots. But, they do not have extended lifespan or special functions - again - as far as I know.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #2587 on: June 01, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »
Ummm... just a question... When people move in Agnes Crumplebottom at the beginning, and build a lavish house, How do they do it? ??? If you move her in, It just gives you 20,000 ???

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2588 on: June 01, 2011, 04:57:11 PM »
Ummm... just a question... When people move in Agnes Crumplebottom at the beginning, and build a lavish house, How do they do it? ??? If you move her in, It just gives you 20,000 ???

Agnes has a very expensive car. The case is, to get it, you must invite her somewhere so that it will sit in her inventory. When stolen with the Kleptomaniac trait it costs only 6,000$, but when you sell it "legally" through Agnes' inventory, it costs the full price - 80,000$. In addition to the 20,000$ it makes a sweet 100K simoleons.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #2589 on: June 01, 2011, 04:57:28 PM »

That would be great!  One question, though.  Do imaginary friends take up a space in the household (i.e., have a thumbnail and able to be controlled) or are they more like butlers where you can interact with them but they do not show up as part of the household?  It's more of a logistical question - particularly later in a dynasty when spaces in the house are at a premium.

Another question - is their lifespan in any way linked to the lifespan of the child they 'belong' to?  For example, if an immortal heir has an imaginary friend, will the imaginary friend keep aging and eventually die or will their life stage reset when the heir eats ambrosia?  If their lifespan mirrors that of the person they belong to then I would think it would not be a good idea to give an heir an imaginary friend, given the prohibition on moving household members out or killing them off.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2590 on: June 01, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »
For now, Katluvr, I do not have a lot of answers for you on Imaginary Friends. Let's see what some other players say.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2591 on: June 01, 2011, 05:04:47 PM »
Esther informs that her first Imaginary friend turned into a child-sized version only when it was put on the ground. I think she can help you, Metro.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #2592 on: June 01, 2011, 07:33:58 PM »
I can confirm the doll grew into a child-size "doll" after the toddler grew into a child and after it was taken out of the inventory and placed on the ground. It doesn't take up a household slot, but I'm sure it would if it was turned into a real sim. Unfortunately, I started playing my Dynasty after that, so I can't confirm if it ages up past childhood.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #2593 on: June 01, 2011, 09:27:58 PM »
I might be able to answer that.
I heard somewhere that if the relationship bar is high enough, the imaginary friend will stay with your sim as they age. They can also perform romantic interactions with them, so I figure they grow past the child stage.
I hope that helps somehow. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2594 on: June 01, 2011, 09:30:09 PM »
Wow. Freaky and cool at the same time.

anything