Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3026665 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2445 on: May 21, 2011, 09:17:14 AM »
Are we allowed to go into Edit Town to save/upload our Families/Houses to the Library?

Sure, that's fine.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2446 on: May 21, 2011, 11:07:17 AM »
I have a rather weird idea, but before I make a mistake, I am going to ask.
Can Immortals be Ghosts?
I mean, my plot is - Agnes Crumplebottom moves to my founders' house, the founder as well steals (with Kleptomaniac trait) Erik Darling's tombstone and places it in the family house. Once, when Erik's ghost comes out, Agnes develops a romantic relationship with him, then WooHoos and a few days after that a blue Ghost Baby is born. I know there is 50/50 chance, but still, what if.
The main part comes here: when both Gen 2 and Agnes' ghost baby grow up, they WooHoo in order to have Gen 3. What if Gen 3 is born as a blue ghost?
Is this allowed, or should I scrap current plot and have Agnes have a child with Chris Steel?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2447 on: May 21, 2011, 11:11:50 AM »
I have a rather weird idea, but before I make a mistake, I am going to ask.
Can Immortals be Ghosts?
I mean, my plot is - Agnes Crumplebottom moves to my founders' house, the founder as well steals (with Kleptomaniac trait) Erik Darling's tombstone and places it in the family house. Once, when Erik's ghost comes out, Agnes develops a romantic relationship with him, then WooHoos and a few days after that a blue Ghost Baby is born. I know there is 50/50 chance, but still, what if.
The main part comes here: when both Gen 2 and Agnes' ghost baby grow up, they WooHoo in order to have Gen 3. What if Gen 3 is born as a blue ghost?
Is this allowed, or should I scrap current plot and have Agnes have a child with Chris Steel?

I'm not that familiar with how becoming a ghost affects life extension, but I'm pretty sure it does, so BEFORE an immortal eats Ambrosia the first time ALL life extending tricks are completely out. Once an immortal eats Ambrosia, then it does not matter.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2448 on: May 21, 2011, 11:15:47 AM »
I am quite sure that being a ghost does not affect life span, it is just appearance and groaning instead of talking.
If being a ghost doesn't extend a Sim's life, is it allowed for an Immortal to be a ghost from birth then?
I'm so sorry if this is confusing.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2449 on: May 21, 2011, 11:44:02 AM »
I am quite sure that being a ghost does not affect life span, it is just appearance and groaning instead of talking.
If being a ghost doesn't extend a Sim's life, is it allowed for an Immortal to be a ghost from birth then?
I'm so sorry if this is confusing.

If there is no life extension, then fine. But, I'd like confirmation from someone else as well.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2450 on: May 21, 2011, 12:17:16 PM »
If there is no life extension, then fine. But, I'd like confirmation from someone else as well.

Okay, I can wait. Anyone willing to help, or should I start a new topic? I guess I'll do the latter.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #2451 on: May 21, 2011, 01:06:10 PM »
I've actually been wondering the same thing about ghosts but don't actually have an answer. Just FYI, your ghost Immortal isn't going to stay a ghost when they eat their first Ambrosia.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2452 on: May 21, 2011, 01:10:36 PM »
Yeah, I know Ambrosia will make her human again once she eats it, but her being a ghost will still be a nice twist to the story.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2453 on: May 21, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »
I'm not sure about the ghost thing.  I know that they will return to the netherworld instead of dying.  I don't know if being a ghost from birth would change that.  I think probably not because the ghost programming is going to overrule anything else.  I would say to skip the ghost part of the story and not tamper with the family bloodline by doing anything risky.  But if Metro says it's within the rules of the challenge, it's your decision.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2454 on: May 22, 2011, 04:26:25 AM »
Pam, I have started a topic here and two people say that it doesn't affect lifespan. It just goes extremely well with the story I have in my head. And don't forget that it is possible for Agnes' child to be a normal Sim nooboo (50/50 chance), thus ruining my story. Lol.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2455 on: May 22, 2011, 04:50:58 AM »
Pam, I have started a topic here and two people say that it doesn't affect lifespan. It just goes extremely well with the story I have in my head. And don't forget that it is possible for Agnes' child to be a normal Sim nooboo (50/50 chance), thus ruining my story. Lol.

I read that topic and, actually, one of them said that a ghost's elder lifespan may be extended.  And there's also the issue of a ghost returning to the netherworld rather than dying.  So, we don't know for sure that a ghost Sim lives the same length as a normal Sim or even what happens when that lifetime is over.  An immortal candidate has until death to achieve all of the requirements for Ambrosia.  If it happens that ghosts live longer, that Sim will have longer to meet the requirements.  In my opinion, that disqualifies ghosts from being Immortals.  The final ruling is up to Metro.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2456 on: May 22, 2011, 04:57:03 AM »
I believe the only obvious problem is Gen 2 spouse (she will be a ghost too, most likely), because she will live longer, if that theory is true.
Okay, I can give all this a solution quite soon. In my unofficial dynasty, Gen 2 spare is a resurrected blue (yep, the same as Erik Darling and subsequently his children) ghost and nearly an Elder. And since in my official Gen 2 is only a toddler, I can put that story on hold and test it with my unofficial dynasty spare. If she does live longer without any aspects that normally lengthen a Sim's life, I'll scrap the current idea, and go the safe way.
As they say, you don't know until you test yourself. Sorry for all this chaos. :-\

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2457 on: May 22, 2011, 05:25:19 AM »
Just a quick question - do photographs for the immortal dynasty have to be on any particular setting?
Or is the panographic setting fine?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2458 on: May 22, 2011, 05:28:12 AM »
I believe the only obvious problem is Gen 2 spouse (she will be a ghost too, most likely), because she will live longer, if that theory is true.
Okay, I can give all this a solution quite soon. In my unofficial dynasty, Gen 2 spare is a resurrected blue (yep, the same as Erik Darling and subsequently his children) ghost and nearly an Elder. And since in my official Gen 2 is only a toddler, I can put that story on hold and test it with my unofficial dynasty spare. If she does live longer without any aspects that normally lengthen a Sim's life, I'll scrap the current idea, and go the safe way.
As they say, you don't know until you test yourself. Sorry for all this chaos. :-\

If you're already doing all of this in your unofficial Dynasty, why do you want to do it in the official one?

Just a quick question - do photographs for the immortal dynasty have to be on any particular setting?
Or is the panographic setting fine?

Photographs can be on any setting.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2459 on: May 22, 2011, 05:31:20 AM »
@ Pam - I am not doing the same thing in my unofficial dynasty, it just occurred that due to Story Progression, Gen 2 spare, who has moved out, has drowned. Afterward, I decided to resurrect her ghost with Oh My Ghost! opportunity. Now, she is an adult blue ghost living in my unofficial dynasty household. Since she is the same age as my Gen 2, who will soon be an Elder, I can test it real quick.