Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3026563 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2520 on: May 23, 2011, 04:55:08 AM »
That last quote doesn't count, Seabody.  It's not an actual Forum quote.  ;D

And where did this Sunday business come from?  I didn't see that at all in previous posts.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline CarlaluvsSims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2521 on: May 23, 2011, 05:27:14 AM »
;) In exactly one week all 3600 members will be on the short list. So, where will you be next Sunday?

Here's the quote from Metro that has some folks so excited.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2522 on: May 23, 2011, 05:41:15 AM »
That last quote doesn't count, Seabody.  It's not an actual Forum quote.  ;D

And where did this Sunday business come from?  I didn't see that at all in previous posts.
That post that Seabody posted was a quote directly from Metro - I saw it too, in the Proposed Challenges thread. See:

Metro,have you ever considered setting a challenge where you have to use original townies as opposed to creating our own Sims.

Rachel

Indeed I have, Rachel. That's the direction I'm leaning towards for the next Dynasty Challenge.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #2523 on: May 23, 2011, 07:09:20 AM »
Ah I see! Chronic said this Challenge was awesome which it is, then Metro says you ain't seen nothing yet, so that means that Metro thinks he has a better challenge, Hmmmm..., it could be a tournament challenge afterall (I'm terrible at those!).  ;D

I too am terrible at those so you are not alone. But you do have great  talent in your dynasty sagas. I haven't gotten the chance to see what's been going on with your families yet as it is almost 2am here but I'm going to stop by during my lunch hour at work. This new job really cuts into my forum time.  :-\

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #2524 on: May 23, 2011, 06:17:51 PM »
Just a little thing I think I know the answer to but want to double check:

When we're talking about Immortal Museum pieces and end-value, we're talking about 1 portrait, 1 sculpture, and 1 photograph per Immortal per life stage right? So no "stacking the racks" with countless variations of the same sim in the same life stage. Special pieces (if extras, of course) such as wedding outfits and pregnancy memorables wouldn't count and be just for yourself and/or your story, right?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2525 on: May 23, 2011, 06:23:50 PM »
Just a little thing I think I know the answer to but want to double check:

When we're talking about Immortal Museum pieces and end-value, we're talking about 1 portrait, 1 sculpture, and 1 photograph per Immortal per life stage right? So no "stacking the racks" with countless variations of the same sim in the same life stage. Special pieces (if extras, of course) such as wedding outfits and pregnancy memorables wouldn't count and be just for yourself and/or your story, right?

Yeah, the only items that add to museum value is one painting, one sculpture, and one photo of an immortal per life stage.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2526 on: May 24, 2011, 06:59:24 AM »
Guys, my testing is halfway finished. Apparently, playable ghosts have the same baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult and adult lifespans. The only thing left to check is whether they die the same time as normal Sims. But, really, that's random with every Sim in every game. Do I need to check this?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2527 on: May 24, 2011, 07:03:44 AM »
Guys, my testing is halfway finished. Apparently, playable ghosts have the same baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult and adult lifespans. The only thing left to check is whether they die the same time as normal Sims. But, really, that's random with every Sim in every game. Do I need to check this?

No, if all the other lifespans are no different, than don't worry about the Elder one.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2528 on: May 24, 2011, 07:07:42 AM »
Thank you Metro. Now, I can finally play my Dynasty, woo hoo! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #2529 on: May 24, 2011, 11:16:02 AM »
Alas, I am as guilty as the next person of jumping to conclusions - maybe even more guilty sometimes.

Can I just get a quick clarification - will the Immortal Dynasty Challenge still be available after whatever the surprise announcement is?  I mean, I know anyone can create a dynasty whenever they want, but will the Hall of Fame still be open?

I am very close to completing mine and I want to be sure I will still be eligible for the hall of fame even if I can't finish it this coming weekend (I don't get much play time during the week because of commuting 4 hours/day on top of my work and family responsibilities).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2530 on: May 24, 2011, 11:21:13 AM »
...will the Immortal Dynasty Challenge still be available after whatever the surprise announcement is?  I mean, I know anyone can create a dynasty whenever they want, but will the Hall of Fame still be open?

Absolutely. As long as this forum is alive, all Dynasties are timeless. The challenges that are part of the Tournament are the only ones I kick to the Graveyard at the end of a year. And even then, anyone is free to do those for their own enjoyment.

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #2531 on: May 24, 2011, 02:40:51 PM »
Hey, Metro I think that there is something wrong with my game. My founder completed his LTW of a Perfect Garden, but when I checked it was like this,

I let him run around for an hour or so and it didnt change, what should I do.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #2532 on: May 24, 2011, 03:04:20 PM »
I had the same thing happen yesterday, it completed once I got it up to 9/8, so just keep pushing if you're not down to the wire time wise.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #2533 on: May 24, 2011, 03:51:55 PM »
I had the same thing happen yesterday, it completed once I got it up to 9/8, so just keep pushing if you're not down to the wire time wise.
Thanks, the next day he got another perfect plant and the LTW completed. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2534 on: May 24, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »
Restarting the game may trigger the LTW to complete.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything